Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 10:16 PM
Aug 2015
I remember seeing the scene when the goblins raped the girl & the protagonist running away (when I'm checking out the manga some time ago), but I didn't expect that it would happen in the very beginning of the story (I thought it was chapter 30s or something). That's what I could remember though.

The moment those newbie got introduced, I knew they are all going to die. They really underestimated the goblins. The Goblin Slayer sure is strong. Looks like he will meet more newbie adventurers to join his party. Looking forward for next episode.
renzosparkOct 6, 2018 10:19 PM
Oct 6, 2018 10:43 PM

Mar 2017
GemTastical said:
but the setting itself is as grand as a fantasy anime can be. They set up the existence of dark elves, dragons, etc. All sorts of mythological creatures that could bring the world to ruin.

Oh hell naw. As a fantasy fanatic, I'm not going to stand by and let you throw those words unchallenged. The tag Grand/High Fantasy is far far too lofty for this, whatever this is.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Oct 6, 2018 10:44 PM
Jun 2017
To be clear, the reason people don't like the rape in this is because it exists just to be edgy. It doesn't say anything, there's no purpose aside from 'goblins rape people so you know they're mean and you REALLY dislike them', it's like a poorly written movie that wants to pull all the stops to make you hate the villain in the cheapest ways possible. He kicks a dog, lights a baby on fire, and throws 800 children into a meat grinder, it's comically over the top, that kind of thing. Edge and gruesomeness needs meaning, or it's just EDGE. If you like that, that's fine! There's nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pretend it's something bigger and deeper.

And I've read ahead, yes, I'm not just judging this after one episode.
Oct 6, 2018 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
eh, this was pretty boring to watch animated. At least the manga has nice art.

Also, for the people complaining about the rape, drop it now. It gets worse. The mere existence of this anime tears a hole into reality because of all the edge.
Satyr_iconOct 6, 2018 10:54 PM
Oct 6, 2018 10:59 PM
Nov 2015
Dedy_Wicak_Sono said:
Blue_Reaper said:
as i expected, people start bitching about the rape, logic, and dark elements lol.

i just don't understand what's your standard for "dark" themed anime. just curious if this isn't dark then what should be considered dark?
or you just hate it because you can't enjoyed it?

Well its just mal, negativity, and elitism, go to other forum for more positive review.

Yup mal is cancer.
Oct 6, 2018 11:03 PM

Nov 2014
Deku6339 said:

I don't know if I am angry or just disappointed that soo many people judged in just 1 episode..

Yes, it is about a badass guy slaying goblins..who could have guessed
I mean, you are literally on a thread dedicated to the first episode of the show. If you didnt wanna hear peoples opinions regarding the first episode....

Seriously though, I'm giving it another episode or two, but its not really leaving a great impression on me so far. There is such thing as a good first episode, don't see why it's so unreasonable to desire quality. <_< If you are content with just "a badass guy slaying goblins" then you do you I guess.
Oct 6, 2018 11:04 PM

Nov 2014
ChyllyWylly said:
To be clear, the reason people don't like the rape in this is because it exists just to be edgy. It doesn't say anything, there's no purpose aside from 'goblins rape people so you know they're mean and you REALLY dislike them', it's like a poorly written movie that wants to pull all the stops to make you hate the villain in the cheapest ways possible. He kicks a dog, lights a baby on fire, and throws 800 children into a meat grinder, it's comically over the top, that kind of thing. Edge and gruesomeness needs meaning, or it's just EDGE. If you like that, that's fine! There's nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pretend it's something bigger and deeper.

+1 Well said my dude
Oct 6, 2018 11:20 PM

Sep 2016
If you go to a dungeon without proper equipment, armour and heals, then ofcourse you gonna get rekt. Really loved watching those overconfident kids getting slaughtered.
Goblin slayer's entrance got me hyped. I liked those cuts lmao.
Oct 6, 2018 11:23 PM

Apr 2017
So basically those guys were noobs and ran to death on their own? The rape scene was so freaking good it actually made me feel sad about it. Anyway, I loved it and I have great expectations of this anime for the rest of the season and hopefully, it stays that way.

I'm also waiting for the uncensored version XD

Oct 6, 2018 11:32 PM

Sep 2016
Gametaff said:

I'm also waiting for the uncensored version XD
+1 to this haha...
Oct 7, 2018 12:08 AM

May 2010
I want a fully animated H-scene & guro please xD

Based on comment here, the manga is more extreme then the anime version.
I'm going to check it out after finished airing.
Oct 7, 2018 12:09 AM

Jul 2014
Deku6339 said:
abhutrash said:
I came into this knowing it was gonna be lame, but am still surprised at just how lame it is. Just more edgelord pandering with shoddy animation, bland OST, and no inspiration. People already pointed it out, but the expendables going out on that quest was super stupid considering the danger was common knowledge in this world. Also especially annoyed at how the setting is trying to pass as an actual fantasy world while constantly incorporating blatant RPG mechanics that just prevent you from ever taking the world seriously. Of course, people are still praising it for going 'all out' with the rape scenes, but imho that was pretty tame. Gotta keep that PG13 rating I guess?

And no, I'm not just salty because I didn't get to hear the new Mili song...

rsc-pl said:
Awfully generic. I was expecting something like that but it went beyond my expectations.
Seriously, so much hype because of blood, rape and violence? Meh.
The only nice thing about this episode is cute design od MC.

Healmeplz said:
Well fuck, that was dark and uncomfortable. I heard it was going to have rape scene, but I never imagine how bad it is until I see it with my own eyes.

That is what happens when you don't invite a tank to your party and DPS start to pull trash.

Artur_Moreira said:
Horrible, typical "dark" idiot fantasy created by a 15 year old boy.
thefrog1192 said:
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD
Esquirtit said:
This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny

I don't know if I am angry or just disappointed that soo many people judged in just 1 episode..

I am just judging the first episode, I cannot tell how an anime is going to end after watching 7% of it lol.

English is not my first language but I think I used the wrong adjective to describe the rape scene, making it look like I said the whole anime will be unappealing. I had to say "horrifying" instead of "bad".
Oct 7, 2018 12:37 AM

May 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
Ziirf said:
I honestly do not like rape scenes, but other than that I don't mind brutality in shows. That is just my no-go-zone, so before i continue I would like to ask the people that read the source material. - Are there more rape scenes?

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

It is increased after this, but it will be decreased to none after i read the manga personally after around ch.10-15 or when Goburin joined the bigger party or do i say it becomes softer than i first read em

Tbh, its dissapointing to me who reads story for mature and realistic content"
I hope you have a nice day '-')b
Oct 7, 2018 12:41 AM
Jan 2011
I don't know why, but that rape scene made me feel ill while watching it. That's never happened to me before in my 20ish years of watching anime/reading manga (and I've watched/read a lot of dark shit). I didn't get the same reaction from Berserk during the eclipse scene. I wonder what the difference is?
Oct 7, 2018 12:43 AM

Jan 2016
ChyllyWylly said:

"Dark stuff needs to have meaning." Maybe I'm jaded from having seen too much of the real stuff, but violence and 'edge' rarely have higher meaning. People die for all sorts of stupid reasons, people do terrible things for no other reason than to do it. You're right that over the top violence can be comical, and honestly that's what I was expecting from this show titled 'Goblin Slayer' -- I even went so far as to tell some of my anime-watching friends that I'd sighted the comedy of the season.

This isn't comedy of the season though. I can't speak for the rest of the series, but this first episode handled its material well. It calibrated our expectations for the world and for Goblin Slayer himself, and quite frankly I love that this show depicts violence as senseless and bestial and brutal -- that's what violence is. The violence on display here feels (mostly) genuine, and my only real complaint with this episode is that cleric girl was waving her plot immunity around a little bit too obviously by having the goblins ignore her on multiple occasions.
Oct 7, 2018 12:47 AM
Mar 2016
That was really bad.
''Here are some cute girls, wanna see them get raped?''
It felt like catering to people with rape fetish. At least the anime is censored, manga is probably worse.

Everything was there just for shock value.

lol the priestess couldn't even jump a little without falling.

so is that how's this anime gonna proceed?
Goblin bad so kill the goblin.
Oct 7, 2018 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
GemTastical said:
I wouldn't be so quick to claim that the whole rape aspect of the story isn't done to appeal to some of the audience. Especially if they continue to stick by the manga. There's one scene in particular that kind of.. Downplays the seriousness and grim nature of it.

Not going into spoilers, but it's a manga only scene that could ruin the atmosphere of the anime if they adapt it. It's part of the reason why I wanted them to stick to the Light Novel, since that takes the story way more seriously than the manga does at times.

I've read the manga but it's been a long time since I've read the more rape focused chapters so I probably forgot what you're talking about. Mind putting in spoilers what exactly you're talking about? I'm kind of curious.
Oct 7, 2018 12:51 AM

Sep 2017
This was great, I'm happy They adapted it very well! Doom Guy's son Goblin Slayer is gonna kick utter ass my guy.

Time to slay some Goblins (ง'̀-'́)ง(ง'̀-'́)ง(ง'̀-'́)ง(ง'̀-'́)ง(ง'̀-'́)ง
Oct 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Jan 2016
lowres83 said:
I don't know why, but that rape scene made me feel ill while watching it. That's never happened to me before in my 20ish years of watching anime/reading manga (and I've watched/read a lot of dark shit). I didn't get the same reaction from Berserk during the eclipse scene. I wonder what the difference is?

I wrote this in another post, but I think this first episode did a really good job of making the violence feel genuine. It reminds me of the first episode of Breaking Bad (I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it) which is one of the few other instances where I've been affected the way this first ep affected me. There, like here, the violence is visceral, nasty, practical, and totally in character. In Berserk, the rape in the eclipse scene feels a little bit jarring and arbitrary, thrown in merely for the shock factor. Here, it feels a lot more natural, like "this is what these creatures would do." Well, mostly -- the cleric girl waved her plot immunity around real hard and it was a bit weird that the goblins ignored her repeatedly, but everything else flowed really well.
Oct 7, 2018 12:58 AM

Oct 2012
Hekselka said:
GemTastical said:
I wouldn't be so quick to claim that the whole rape aspect of the story isn't done to appeal to some of the audience. Especially if they continue to stick by the manga. There's one scene in particular that kind of.. Downplays the seriousness and grim nature of it.

Not going into spoilers, but it's a manga only scene that could ruin the atmosphere of the anime if they adapt it. It's part of the reason why I wanted them to stick to the Light Novel, since that takes the story way more seriously than the manga does at times.

I've read the manga but it's been a long time since I've read the more rape focused chapters so I probably forgot what you're talking about. Mind putting in spoilers what exactly you're talking about? I'm kind of curious.

No problem, friend. It's actually a scene that will either play at the end of the next episode or the start of the third, if they keep up the current pacing.

Oct 7, 2018 1:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a gruesome and violent episode this was, but a solid introductory first episode nevertheless!

Watching that rape scene really left quite the impression. I was expecting this show to be violent in every way, and I think they’ve already exceeded that boundary with this first introductory episode. Narratively, however, the show was a bit of a let down considering how many times the goblins ignored our main character but I wonder if her scent or dress up is a part of it. If not, well that’s really disappointing then. Rookies overconfidence marking their demise is a very widely used trope and this episode made use of it too in quick time and that really set the base for Goblin Slayer to appear. And boy, what an amazing entrance that was! Moving on, his evaluations and interpretations were a nice addition to see and his brutality was just a delight. Killing off those baby goblins without the slightest bit of hesitation, now that’s one badass character! I’m not too sure how I feel about Goblins just yet though, I feel like the rape matter is just thrown in by the creator to make this a lot more impactful of sorts and I’m not quite sure if it has delivered. Being aggressive and witty is something very normal, like in Grimgar of Fantasy and Ashes, but involving rape too kinda overdoes it. At least, that’s just the initial thought and it’s very likely to change after a few weeks time. It seems like a really harsh world, from the monologue of our main character, so I’m curious to see how the new duo will work things out. She’s got to be a really strong girl to still aspire to becoming an adventurer, so that’s pleasing to see!

Count me in! I have always been a fun of these kind of shows and this extra brutality makes it even more gruesome than Grimgar of Fantasy and Ashes and Danmachi were so I’m obviously interested to see how this will play out. With this first episode alone, it may have already even beaten the likes of Berserk in terms of gore, so that’s one feature that gets me hyped!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2018 1:03 AM
Oct 2017
Stopping mid battle to rape people hardly jumps out to me as realistic, for those going on and on about realism. It's just a shorthand to say "See, it's okay that we slaughter their babies, because they're all rape babies anyways." It's lazy storytelling.

When the girl starts mentioning spells per day, it immediately brought to mind D&D. Not having read the source material, I didn't exactly expect it to turn into F.A.T.A.L. on episode 1.

Dropped.
Oct 7, 2018 1:10 AM

Jan 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
What a gruesome and violent episode this was, but a solid introductory first episode nevertheless!

Watching that rape scene really left quite the impression. I was expecting this show to be violent in every way, and I think they’ve already exceeded that boundary with this first introductory episode. Narratively, however, the show was a bit of a let down considering how many times the goblins ignored our main character but I wonder if her scent or dress up is a part of it. If not, well that’s really disappointing then. Rookies overconfidence marking their demise is a very widely used trope and this episode made use of it too in quick time and that really set the base for Goblin Slayer to appear. And boy, what an amazing entrance that was! Moving on, his evaluations and interpretations were a nice addition to see and his brutality was just a delight. Killing off those baby goblins without the slightest bit of hesitation, now that’s one badass character! I’m not too sure how I feel about Goblins just yet though, I feel like the rape matter is just thrown in by the creator to make this a lot more impactful of sorts and I’m not quite sure if it has delivered. Being aggressive and witty is something very normal, like in Grimgar of Fantasy and Ashes, but involving rape too kinda overdoes it. At least, that’s just the initial thought and it’s very likely to change after a few weeks time. It seems like a really harsh world, from the monologue of our main character, so I’m curious to see how the new duo will work things out. She’s got to be a really strong girl to still aspire to becoming an adventurer, so that’s pleasing to see!

Count me in! I have always been a fun of these kind of shows and this extra brutality makes it even more gruesome than Grimgar of Fantasy and Ashes and Danmachi were so I’m obviously interested to see how this will play out. With this first episode alone, it may have already even beaten the likes of Berserk in terms of gore, so that’s one feature that gets me hyped!

I agree with everything you've written. One small thing to add is that, while it's not made explicitly clear in the episode, goblins in this world are a strictly male race, and so they steal females from other races to procreate. It's not 'necessary' by any means, as people are so quick on her to point out, but I think it's a nice touch and explains how these creatures multiply so quickly.
Oct 7, 2018 1:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Reichter said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Watching that rape scene really left quite the impression. I was expecting this show to be violent in every way, and I think they’ve already exceeded that boundary with this first introductory episode. Narratively, however, the show was a bit of a let down considering how many times the goblins ignored our main character but I wonder if her scent or dress up is a part of it. If not, well that’s really disappointing then. Rookies overconfidence marking their demise is a very widely used trope and this episode made use of it too in quick time and that really set the base for Goblin Slayer to appear. And boy, what an amazing entrance that was! Moving on, his evaluations and interpretations were a nice addition to see and his brutality was just a delight. Killing off those baby goblins without the slightest bit of hesitation, now that’s one badass character! I’m not too sure how I feel about Goblins just yet though, I feel like the rape matter is just thrown in by the creator to make this a lot more impactful of sorts and I’m not quite sure if it has delivered. Being aggressive and witty is something very normal, like that in Grimgar of Fantasy and Ashes, but involving rape too kinda overdoes it. At least, that’s just the initial thought and it’s very likely to change after a few weeks time. It seems like a really harsh world, from the monologue of our main character, so I’m curious to see how the new duo will work things out. She’s got to be a really strong girl to still aspire to becoming an adventurer, so that’s pleasing to see!

I agree with everything you've written. One small thing to add is that, while it's not made explicitly clear in the episode, goblins in this world are a strictly male race, and so they steal females from other races to procreate. It's not 'necessary' by any means, as people are so quick on her to point out, but I think it's a nice touch and explains how these creatures multiply so quickly.

Ah, that makes things a lot more clear and understanding!
Thanks for the little heads up!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2018 1:15 AM

Feb 2014
I knew that before watching the first episode, Goblin Slayer that had aura of brutal darkness that would certainly surprise me and keep me on the edge of my seat.

After watching the first episode, even I have to admit to underestimating just how DARK this show was. Just seeing that novice party coming into the goblin hideout woefully unprepared, both in weapons, knowledge, experience and medicine, meant that they were asking for trouble.

The trouble came and was extremely brutal, with savage beatings, stabbings and even rape as well. However, when the Goblin Slayer himself arrived and went on a goblin killing spree, man I was really enjoying it.

Apart from the overuse of CGI, the animation was pretty decent, with some really good close-ups of Goblin Slayer himself, too. Hopefully White Fox won't have production issues here like they did with Steins Gate 0 this time.

Overall, this was a brutal, but rather enjoyable first episode.
Oct 7, 2018 1:20 AM

Dec 2015
Tarotist said:
And the swordsman had no proper sword training?
He knew how to use a sword, he just didn't consider how his long sword wouldn't work in a small cave against multiple enemies.

"My sword is useless because there's too much blood on it." So a weapon's durability is based on how much blood can be stained on it until it can't be used anymore? Doesn't that make a whole lot of bladed weapons useless then?
No. They left out a lot of the barter between Priestess and Goblin Slayer. He left the sword because it was drenched in blood and fat, and that made the blade dull. You'll see this often in this series. Blades getting chipped or destroyed. GS often uses the goblins' weapons when & if his own blade grows useless. He's very flexible.

So what I got out of this is that...the Goblin Slayer slays goblins. Oook then. Is he keeping count of how many goblins he's slayed? He killed around what 20? Was that just for this quest or goblins in total? Because if he only killed like 10 goblins and became a silver, that's a pretty lame ranking system. Well our little priestess has some chain mail now. Hopefully her healing skills get better as the series progresses...
He counts separately on each mission. He's been doing this for a long time, so he's definitely slain more than 20 goblins.

Titadou said:
Well authors need an excuse to make them only rape the girls and not the boys for their fetish
Raping guys would be pretty pointless since the whole raping thing is done for the purpose of reproduction. It's not there just for shock or entertainment as some have assumed.

renzospark said:
I remember seeing the scene when the goblins raped the girl & the protagonist running away (when I'm checking out the manga some time ago), but I didn't expect that it would happen in the very beginning of the story (I thought it was chapter 30s or something). That's what I could remember though.
The manga hasn't even reached chapter 30 bro. You sure you're not from the future?

abhutrash said:
- Fair enough point using the rats as examples, but this didn't feel like too out of the ordinary of a situation to warrant the dumb kids getting completely blindsided. If you've been born and raised in a setting like this, news stories and cautionary tales similar to what happened can't be that unheard of. Monologue at the end of the episode even confirmed this. Then again, these are probably the dumb kids who sat in the back of class and thought they were too cool to listen to advice from adults. My bad for expecting much out of such expendable characters.

The fact that one of them had experience with Goblins (plus the fact that in this world the goblins are considered the lowest of the low) is what led them astray. The sword guy mentioned how back at his village he had chased away goblins all by himself. It made him (and subsequently his party) overconfident. They walked into the cave thinking they could take more than goblins just because there were four of them. But that overconfidence bit them in their arse (the rat comparison was perfect). High-level adventurers don't bother with them because the rewards are crap, so it's up to the lower tier adventurers to deal with them. The entire world underestimates the goblins. So, things like this happen a lot.

abhutrash said:
ChyllyWylly said:

+1 Well said my dude
It has a meaning.
Early in the episode, the audience is told that slaying goblins is a piece of cake. That they're small and dumb as kids, not worth bragging about if you kill one -- and this all is coming for a porcelain level adventurer. This sets up the world's view of the creatures.
Then they get easily annihilated. After being flanked from both sides, the guy is brutally murdered and the girl is raped. Shows you that goblins are not as dumb as everyone considers them, and that they are also savage and brutal. The girl is left alive even after the rape for uhhh "further use"... Plus, there were no female goblins, but they had newborns hidden away. Where do those come from I wonder...?? *cough* from the females the goblins caught.

So, yeah... It is there for shock value, I am not going to deny that, but saying that it has no other meaning than that is not only ignorant but also a lie. Especially when it's coming from someone who's "read ahead".
joe_g7Oct 7, 2018 3:07 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 7, 2018 1:28 AM
Nov 2015
After re watch again.

I really like how goblin slayer entrance mix with electric guitar music background remind me doom slayer.

"RIP AND TEAR UNTIL DONE"
Oct 7, 2018 1:29 AM
Aug 2015
joe_g7 said:
renzospark said:
The manga hasn't even reached chapter 30 bro. You sure you're not from the future?
Of course, bro.. based on my statement, I came from the future.
Oct 7, 2018 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
GemTastical said:
Hekselka said:

No problem, friend. It's actually a scene that will either play at the end of the next episode or the start of the third, if they keep up the current pacing.

Aaaaaah right now I remember.

Oct 7, 2018 1:35 AM

Feb 2018
Well these adventurers sure are stupid and everything ended as expected.
Oct 7, 2018 1:49 AM

Mar 2017
It was fine. Visuals could have been better. They didn't handle the whole episode that greatly. The impact wasn't as much as the LN or Manga.
I'll be expecting good things from next episode.
Oct 7, 2018 1:56 AM

Jan 2016
I wish that this site or the show itself had some sort of warning so I wouldn't have had to see....that, because I sure didn't know what I was getting into. If they really wanted to show '"that" scene, at least give me a warning so I wouldn't be sitting here feeling depressed now.

I...can't watch this.
Oct 7, 2018 1:57 AM

Aug 2018
This must be the best show of the season. I'm going to the store to buy vol 1 today!
This was even better than the sumo anime! (which was also amazing) this season
Can't wait for next episode!
1 ep 10/10
HENTAI
IS
ART
Oct 7, 2018 1:59 AM

Jun 2017
I wouldn’t worry about the whining from these timid losers. This site seems to attract sjw’s and others who are worried to death about the sex lives of fictional animated characters.

@NoviSun
I don't know if you spoke against me or not..but you are correct..
Oct 7, 2018 2:30 AM
Aug 2018
hohohoh that goblin slayer is real men. cant wait for next episode
Oct 7, 2018 2:33 AM
Aug 2018
dont know how to say. I pretty relief after that kind of man come.
But i think it will be more good if that goblin slayer come ealier
Oct 7, 2018 2:35 AM
Aug 2018
Zizou_DW said:
I wish that this site or the show itself had some sort of warning so I wouldn't have had to see....that, because I sure didn't know what I was getting into. If they really wanted to show '"that" scene, at least give me a warning so I wouldn't be sitting here feeling depressed now.

I...can't watch this.
hahahaa chill la. The story just already start
Something good will happen in the end of stories
I hope so
Oct 7, 2018 2:35 AM

Sep 2013
It felt pretty generic and it didnt interest me much but I kind of like the design of the main girl. Prolly would have liked it a bit more if it was uncensored.
Oct 7, 2018 2:36 AM
Aug 2018
Aversa said:
Well i didn't expect them the adapt the rape scenes but they did tho nasty i praise them for sticking towards the manga and novel.
the episode was done really nicely a they really sticked to that.

As for the priest i like her voice so far she resembles herself really well.
I don't really like Goblins Slayers voice tho he sounds to much like a machine.
woooo. I totally agree with you
Oct 7, 2018 2:40 AM
Jul 2007
YizelTro said:
HOW THE F IS THIS A 13 RATING SERIES ?!
i dont know the manga. i only see the anime page and see the rating first before watching and it's 13+ but when i watched it, blood everywhere, girl got stripped nude, stabbed and raped. doesnt mean to shit talk the story. the story, the concept of it is good i like it a lot but what im saying is that this is not a show for 13+ years old kid. this is nudity dark violence show.

regardless of that. i expect all of them to die but not that horrbile. especially the rape. it's good tho :) at least it looks entertaining to me is many ways.

I agree. There's no way that is correct. I mean, you got a girl pissing herself and hear the dying pig screams of "children" while they're getting bludgeoned. I mean, I felt like they had a checklist of every messed up thing you could think of and put it all in one episode. Anyway, this was super fun to watch. Definitely looking forward to the next episodes.
eraltergOct 7, 2018 2:53 AM
Oct 7, 2018 2:52 AM

Mar 2018
Deku6339 said:
abhutrash said:
I came into this knowing it was gonna be lame, but am still surprised at just how lame it is. Just more edgelord pandering with shoddy animation, bland OST, and no inspiration. People already pointed it out, but the expendables going out on that quest was super stupid considering the danger was common knowledge in this world. Also especially annoyed at how the setting is trying to pass as an actual fantasy world while constantly incorporating blatant RPG mechanics that just prevent you from ever taking the world seriously. Of course, people are still praising it for going 'all out' with the rape scenes, but imho that was pretty tame. Gotta keep that PG13 rating I guess?

And no, I'm not just salty because I didn't get to hear the new Mili song...

rsc-pl said:
Awfully generic. I was expecting something like that but it went beyond my expectations.
Seriously, so much hype because of blood, rape and violence? Meh.
The only nice thing about this episode is cute design od MC.

Healmeplz said:
Well fuck, that was dark and uncomfortable. I heard it was going to have rape scene, but I never imagine how bad it is until I see it with my own eyes.

That is what happens when you don't invite a tank to your party and DPS start to pull trash.

Artur_Moreira said:
Horrible, typical "dark" idiot fantasy created by a 15 year old boy.
thefrog1192 said:
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD
Esquirtit said:
This shit is so garbage but that wannabe dragonslayer getting rekt was kinda funny

sorry I thought this was Goblin Slayer Episode 1 discussion
poop
Oct 7, 2018 2:58 AM
Mar 2016
There is a reason for high suicide rate in Japan.
I get the felling that author is a rape victim or witnessed rape.
Had to watch few stand up special to get better.

Technologically developed country but not a happy place to live.
Happy watching
Oct 7, 2018 3:07 AM

Sep 2008
I just hope most of this anime isn't set in caves.
Oct 7, 2018 3:13 AM

Nov 2014
I have mixed feeling about this one. For anime focued on slaying goblins, action scenes weren't that impressive. Obviously that's not enough to discourage me, but I expected more.
JustAnotherShiroOct 7, 2018 3:18 AM
Oct 7, 2018 3:20 AM

Dec 2015
5layer said:
Caves, ruins, stuff like that. Their missions usually take them to dark places, since that's where goblins prefer to dwell. And even when outside their home, for raids and stuff like that, goblins prefer to move during the night. So, this anime is going to be dark, both literally and figuratively.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 7, 2018 3:22 AM
Nov 2015
5layer said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazOct 7, 2018 9:44 AM
Oct 7, 2018 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
KaeUBW said:
MrMushin said:
Man... they really want us to feel uncomfortable. Cruel deaths, rape, killing kids... maybe a bit too much.

At least when the Goblin slayer made his appearance the show turned to be more interesting, I liked the action scenes from there and the soundtrack is really suiting the dark action mood.

The show is pretty questionable for me basing on the first episode. The CGI is really poorly executed and the dark theme is overdone in my opinion.
People saying the source material is great so I hope it would get better in the upcoming episodes.

If you can't handle the violence then I would advise you to just drop it already. You're not going to like the rest of the anime either.

Dude, it's a tv series, not some denpa visual novel even a school kid should be able to handle it.

And I didn't say I couldn't handle the violence, I said it's overdone.
I just think they are trying way too much to make the the viewer feel uncomfortable, it's just a really bad tragedy writing in my opinion, but I guess they wanted to build up tohe protagonist character instead.
MrMushinOct 7, 2018 3:35 AM
Oct 7, 2018 3:28 AM

May 2013
SNDT said:
Acernos said:

from every 3 groups of novices 1 is exterminated

Well, no wonder with such competent guild employee lol who doesn't give a fuck about kids.

Acernos said:
she said it was better to expect a more experienced adventurer, but they did not listen.

Oh, stop with this bullshit. She just said: "I'm sure if you wait a little while, other adventurers will show up" That's all. She didn't even try to persuade them. Didn't insist to prepare for that mission like buy potions etc. It's criminal negligence.

He ain't bull shitting the thing is no novice adventurer ever listens to what the receptionist says, they always go "sure whatever" they think that goblins are weak, they are correct but goblin usually group up which adds to their strength.
Oct 7, 2018 3:35 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, thought it was gonna be dark, but did not expect that rape scene. I was like this is too real. Was a bit uncomfortable with it, but other than that, I found it not bad. I'll be continuing this.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.