Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 »
Oct 24, 2018 10:45 AM
Nov 2015
Wtf...
I’m shooketh, but I’m still invested in this show.
Oct 26, 2018 8:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Very nice the fist episode!!! A different view of the typical adventure game-anime, with a traumatized principal character and all around of blood and violence!!!! kekeke
Oct 26, 2018 10:06 AM
Oct 2018
Dark. Just how I like it.
Oct 26, 2018 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, this is not my cup of tea. Not into excess violence and gore just for shock value. Thanks for the heads up.
Oct 27, 2018 7:39 AM

Oct 2013
so this is supposed to be, like, what, a deconstruction of the isekai genre? Didn't Grimgar try something like that too?

TBH, for such a polarizing show this was surprisingly tame. Everyone has an opinion on this by now, and while nothing of substance happened yet, I was thoroughly entertained. Good shit.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 27, 2018 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
Zadion said:
so this is supposed to be, like, what, a deconstruction of the isekai genre? Didn't Grimgar try something like that too?

TBH, for such a polarizing show this was surprisingly tame. Everyone has an opinion on this by now, and while nothing of substance happened yet, I was thoroughly entertained. Good shit.

Goblin Slayer is not an isekai, but a Fantasy world inspired on DnD campaign. Think about stuff like Lodoss, Slayers or Orphen. Goblin Slayer was not transported to another world, this is his world.
The first episode tells you about the romanticism of the idealized adventurer party and it shows you the dangers of that kind of stuff where an error could be fatal.
Oct 27, 2018 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
kofmaster said:
Zadion said:

Goblin Slayer is not an isekai, but a Fantasy world inspired on DnD campaign. Think about stuff like Lodoss, Slayers or Orphen. Goblin Slayer was not transported to another world, this is his world.
The first episode tells you about the romanticism of the idealized adventurer party and it shows you the dangers of that kind of stuff where an error could be fatal.

I will confess I used "isekai" loosely there, but for me all RPG-influenced anime are identical in the atmosphere they convey. Using that definition, Grimgar and, uh, Overlord (isn't it based on D&D as well? can't remember) are also not isekai, but they all fall under the same umbrella for me.

The "transported to another world" technicality doesn't change the vibe to me, but I'll admit that is a technical inaccuracy on my part regardless.

RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 27, 2018 9:00 AM

Aug 2018
Zadion said:
kofmaster said:

I will confess I used "isekai" loosely there, but for me all RPG-influenced anime are identical in the atmosphere they convey. Using that definition, Grimgar and, uh, Overlord (isn't it based on D&D as well? can't remember) are also not isekai, but they all fall under the same umbrella for me.

The "transported to another world" technicality doesn't change the vibe to me, but I'll admit that is a technical inaccuracy on my part regardless.

Sorry but the defining trait of isekai is a real world person being transported into a fantasy realm. GS is totally not that.
Oct 27, 2018 9:10 AM

Aug 2014
Zadion said:
kofmaster said:

Grimgar and Overlord are Isekai (Overlord was inspired on DnD too, but is still an isekai).

Isekai are literally about characters transported on another world, You do not need to have RPG stuff for that. For example, Digimon, Yuuni Kokuki and Escaflowme and Fushigi Yugi are Isekais.

I know you are trying to say that everything is the same for you. But there is a huge difference in the development when the character is a native of that world.
kofmasterOct 27, 2018 9:16 AM
Oct 27, 2018 9:21 AM

May 2018
Zadion said:
kofmaster said:

the main difference between isekai and fantasy are, isekai MC's have knowledge or items of their previous world. Their knowledge or items will help them solving problems in the new world, and usually there will be a running gag how their previous life compared in the new world.

Fantasy MC's are purely driven by their self motivation to develop the plot, while isekais relies on events in the new world to develop the plot.
Oct 27, 2018 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
kofmaster said:
Zadion said:

Grimgar and Overlord are Isekai (Overlord was inspired on DnD too, but is still an isekai).

Isekai are literally about characters transported on another world, You do not need to have RPG stuff for that. For example, Digimon, Yuuni Kokuki and Escaflowme and Fushigi Yugi are Isekais.

I know you are trying to say that everything is the same for you. But there is a huge difference in the development when the character is a native of that world.

You make a fair point; I incorrectly associated the word with my experience with the genre through its more modern use. I appreciate the correction.

RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 28, 2018 3:30 AM

Jul 2016
Nice introduction to a dark series. This got me hyped and terrified, I don't think I can look at goblins the same way ever again.
I wonder if I'm gonna be able to watch "that time I got reincarnated as a slime" without having flashbacks of these goblins.

From the comments that I've read so far it's even worse in the manga... I think I'll stick to the anime
Oct 28, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
Went back to rewatch episode 1 with the dub after it later came out. Was hoping it was going to be good since this is the kind of show I'd want to see spoken in English (being a western fantasy setting and all). Unfortunately, it fell really short, particularly with Goblin Slayer's voice, the single most important character of the series.

Goblin Slayer's voice sounded like he was speaking through a PVC plumping tube, rather than a believable metal helmet. I hated that aspect the most! Sounded absolutely terrible. But that's not all I had gripes with.

The other thing I didn't like about his English dubbed voice was that it showed too much nuance or emotion, as if he just recently had his family murdered last week by the Goblins and went out for revenge; rather than the more stoic character that he's become after being the "Goblin Slayer" for many many years. I wouldn't mind this as much if they were adapting "Year One" story arc with this voice, but here in the English dub, he has that same voice of slight agitation constantly throughout the whole entire episode, which doesn't suit his character persona at all.

Goblin Slayer is meant to be a seasoned killing machine that does this on a daily basis--all day, every day; day-in, day-out... he hates Goblins more than anybody else of course, but at the same time doesn't show any repugnance. As a warrior, Goblin Slayer sees the goblins as no better or worse than himself, as shown by a monologue in the manga that's skipped in the anime, about how the goblins must see him as the monstrous villain from their POV, doing what they do as anybody else would according to their innate nature. But in the English dub, the tone I got was that he sees the goblins as his bitter enemies, as if the goblins he's killing were the ones who killed his family personally, as opposed to his true character of Goblin Slayer simply wanting to cold-heatedly commit genocide on the goblins monsters, hence his counting of each kill count.

The point I made about too much emotion would be a detriment in future episodes, as Goblin Slayer is also meant to be a bit socially awkward, speaking only few words, whether it's during battle or everyday life in the town--to the point that it's almost comically funny. He's meant to only rarely show any emotions, such as anger, agitating, ...etc. But in the English dub, I felt that he talked too much, even if it was by 2-4 words longer on average (turn on the English subtitles which match the Japanese script to compare how it differs from the spoken English dialogue). This is a common practice in the dubbing industry with matching mouth-flapping movements in key animation, but for Goblin Slayer who's always wearing a helmet, this shouldn't matter whatsoever. I'd rather him say what needs to be said, and then cue the silent pause. That would have matched better with the character and the overall atmosphere of the show.

I compare the Goblin Slayer character to be much like the animated Batman cartoons (not including Adam West's version), or Halo's Master Chief: Few words, straight to the point, and a blunt delivery. Not to sound like a contrarian subs-only fanboy, but I think that latter tone is much better portrayed with the Japanese voice actor (or even just reading the translated manga) than the English dub does by leaps and bounds.

The other characters voices were okay. But I just can't get over Goblin Slayer's bad dub portrayal for the listed reasons...so for that reason, I'll continue watching the rest of the series in Japanese.
Estoy_GordoOct 28, 2018 12:40 PM
Oct 28, 2018 4:28 PM

Oct 2018
S H O O K
ppppppppppppppppppppppp.
𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲₭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐮 ⁂❣დ

"𝘐𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯"
Oct 30, 2018 5:47 PM

Feb 2013
A bit fun, but too silly to take seriously. Goblin Slayer wasnt even that impressive, his introduction was funny. Holding out hope for goofiness with mage n slayer or more cheesy rape scenes
Oct 31, 2018 7:49 AM

May 2018
Hey has anybody seen the manga about the Karate Girl being raped? Cu'z she has an uncensored pussy service. As in the lower pert of her naked body in uncensored.
Nov 1, 2018 5:25 PM

Oct 2013
I have planned to start watching this show since I heard about it for the first time, but I did not have time for it. Finally, I started watching it yesterday. What is my oppinion on "Goblin Slayer"? Absolutely great! This anime is really entertaining. Goblin slaying might sound dull, but it is not when you take a look i.e. on this first episode. Remember how them rookies ended when they underestimated the power of goblins.

Many people focuse, as I noticed, on the fact we had gore and rape scenes. True, there were, though I personally treat them as one of the elements of this anime, not its essential part. It is dark fantasy, so that kind of scenes must take place and the fact they are related to goblins shows us their specie as more deadly. Not small, dumb green fellas, but bloody masochists, rapists, kidnappers and thieves, who are a real problem for the societies portrayed in the anime, so title Goblin Slayer not only has always work to be done, but also his actions such as bloody treatment of goblins can be understood if you remember how dreadful goblins can be.
Nov 2, 2018 5:25 AM

Jul 2009
I was not expecting this to be this good, same way, I did not expect those goblins rapists!!!
Nov 4, 2018 12:01 AM

Sep 2016
I only have this to say

Nov 4, 2018 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
That was dark. I expected it like this. Looking forward to watch more of this.
Nov 7, 2018 7:51 PM

May 2018
FoxyKaizoku said:
The amount of people who voted "loved it" shocks me. I'm sorry to be mean but you all need to understand what rape and death means. These are not some things that you can toy with just to get the views or the "edginess".

Goblin Slayer uses violence and rape to shock the viewer, not to tell meaningful stories. There is a huge difference between having a violent scene that fits the story and the one that disgusts you. For examples of good taste violence see Tokyo Ghoul, Berserk, Attack on Titan.

I'm not even mentioning the little goblins which "accidentally" looked more human than the goblins themselves.
As of the more "calm" parts of the episode, I'll say that Goblin Slayer looked terrible - I can go play SoulCalibur VI for an hour and I'll present a better armor design than this, um, something. The little moments like when the boy would clash his sword on the in the dungeon, like the "I can use healing only three times), etc were way too clear and you could see from a mile what the authors were trying to achieve, I do not like that. The anime is clearly aimed at an inexperienced viewer, most likely a child.

When you'll start watching the next episode of this non-sense, think about the way people who were raped or who had to deal with death felt when they saw this abomination.

Sigh, it’s already episode 5 and i still see triggered peoples.
No matter how hard you’re hating this series, it’s still the most popular anime this season, deal with it.
Nov 8, 2018 7:59 AM

Oct 2014
Blue_Reaper said:
FoxyKaizoku said:
The amount of people who voted "loved it" shocks me. I'm sorry to be mean but you all need to understand what rape and death means. These are not some things that you can toy with just to get the views or the "edginess".

Goblin Slayer uses violence and rape to shock the viewer, not to tell meaningful stories. There is a huge difference between having a violent scene that fits the story and the one that disgusts you. For examples of good taste violence see Tokyo Ghoul, Berserk, Attack on Titan.

I'm not even mentioning the little goblins which "accidentally" looked more human than the goblins themselves.
As of the more "calm" parts of the episode, I'll say that Goblin Slayer looked terrible - I can go play SoulCalibur VI for an hour and I'll present a better armor design than this, um, something. The little moments like when the boy would clash his sword on the in the dungeon, like the "I can use healing only three times), etc were way too clear and you could see from a mile what the authors were trying to achieve, I do not like that. The anime is clearly aimed at an inexperienced viewer, most likely a child.

When you'll start watching the next episode of this non-sense, think about the way people who were raped or who had to deal with death felt when they saw this abomination.

No matter how hard you’re hating this series, it’s still the most popular anime this season, deal with it.

No one really explains WHY they like it though. Everyone seems to keep it fairly vague. On the other hand the critics are on average more specific.
Nov 8, 2018 9:00 AM

May 2018
Grey-Zone said:
Blue_Reaper said:

No one really explains WHY they like it though. Everyone seems to keep it fairly vague. On the other hand the critics are on average more specific.

depends to who you asked
if you ask edgy teens they will said the dark elements (could be translated as edgy)
if you ask manga reader like me, bc it's a solid non promising story that has a quality enjoyments.
either way the reason why this anime got so popular is bc the haters keep endorsing it~
if people just ignore the rape in episode one, i believe GS will stay in 6th rank.
Nov 8, 2018 11:16 AM

Nov 2013
FoxyKaizoku said:

Ironically, your comment tells me that you are an inexperienced viewer.

That viewers voted "loved it" doesn't mean that they love death or rape. That they love seeing this manga getting an anime probably never crossed your mind. And I'm sure the majority of the viewers do in fact understand what death means, from personal experience or not. "edginess", could you, for God's sake, not parrot what dozens of people said before you.

There is no such thing as "good taste violence", violence is always awful. And if you think that AoT or Tokyo Ghoul fare better in that regard, you are sorely mistaken. Especially TG was quite disgusting at times.

Sure you can. You do realise that using a character editor in a video game and actually designing, drawing and animating a character are worlds apart.

It was supposed to show that you have to keep your surroundings in mind during a fight and shouldn't swing around your sword like an idiot. And that the use of miracles is limited, which has to be taken into account too. It was fairly obvious, yes, but that's not inherently wrong. Also, reading some of the other comments, it probably wasn't obvious enough. So much for inexperienced viewers. Finally, this anime is clearly not aimed at children, I shouldn't have to tell you that.

I do feel sorry for people, who experienced rape or death first-hand. But that these things happen in real life, doesn't mean that they can't be portrayed in fiction. Quite the contrary in fact.

As for the depiction of the rape scene: the ones, who won't shut up about it and how "fetishized", "sexualized" or "sexy" it was, are the ones with a severe dislike for the anime. That's actually quite telling. If someone says, that he enjoyed the rape scene or that is was arousing, he most likely does so to get a reaction out of people like you. Quite successful, I have to say.
TheBigGuyNov 8, 2018 11:21 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 8, 2018 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty edgy and cliche. Not really awful but not really good. Justa average af. This is the hottest stuff this season? Lame!

If not for rape I would be kind of bored.

But goblin rape? I got a boner. A goblin boner that is.

Nov 8, 2018 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
FoxyKaizoku said:
TheBigGuy said:

Ironically, your comment tells me that you are an inexperienced viewer.

That viewers voted "loved it" doesn't mean that they love death or rape. That they love seeing this manga getting an anime probably never crossed your mind. And I'm sure the majority of the viewers do in fact understand what death means, from personal experience or not. "edginess", could you, for God's sake, not parrot what dozens of people said before you.

There is no such thing as "good taste violence", violence is always awful. And if you think that AoT or Tokyo Ghoul fare better in that regard, you are sorely mistaken. Especially TG was quite disgusting at times.

Sure you can. You do realise that using a character editor in a video game and actually designing, drawing and animating a character are worlds apart.

It was supposed to show that you have to keep your surroundings in mind during a fight and shouldn't swing around your sword like an idiot. And that the use of miracles is limited, which has to be taken into account too. It was fairly obvious, yes, but that's not inherently wrong. Also, reading some of the other comments, it probably wasn't obvious enough. So much for inexperienced viewers. Finally, this anime is clearly not aimed at children, I shouldn't have to tell you that.

I do feel sorry for people, who experienced rape or death first-hand. But that these things happen in real life, doesn't mean that they can't be portrayed in fiction. Quite the contrary in fact.

As for the depiction of the rape scene: the ones, who won't shut up about it and how "fetishized", "sexualized" or "sexy" it was, are the ones with a severe dislike for the anime. That's actually quite telling. If someone says, that he enjoyed the rape scene or that is was arousing, he most likely does so to get a reaction out of people like you. Quite successful, I have to say.

Ironically, your comment tells me that you are a major elitist with an ego that needs to be trimmed down.

Yeah, write another paragraph about people who voted "loved it" but they actually didn't... love it? Uhhh, confused. A bad anime is bad anime, fanboying over it being "adapted" is not a good sign. Well, I am sure that majority does NOT understand what death mean. Why? I'm just going to respond in the same way you did - lots of water, no proof, loud statements.

Well, excuse me for calling things what they are. I am not the one to use words like "edginess" or "weebs", or whatever other abusive word is in trend. But an edgy anime is an edgy one. "Edgy is something or someone trying too hard to be cool, almost to a point where it's cringe worthy." - from web-dictionary.
You can show Tokyo Ghoul to people that don't watch anime and they'll be okay with it. That's the god damn difference: the scenes that are violent in TG have a god damn meaning. Nobody has fun seeing Touka vomiting out her food, the food carefully prepared by her friend which she cannot eat due to the limits of her body. This scene serves a purpose and it is needed to develop the larger conflict, the one which IS important for us. It's not some damn goblins which are okay to kill because they rape and kill.

Goblin Slayer is edgy for one and only reason - the tasteless violence, rape is used not to tell a story but to satisfy the viewer's lust. There is ZERO meaning behind these goblins because they are nothing. Who do they represent? Criminals? Criminals are people, too, you know? They don't live to rape and kill and they certainly have some feelings. Justify it with "oh my gosh, what if goblins were real" to keep satisfying your lust.

Violence is not always awful. If you don't know that much, go back to college and take a class of literature.

Of course "a world apart". Keep using these excuses to justify the fact the armor design is terrible and all characters look worse than a generic fantasy anime (which they were trying to make a parody of). Using three "smart" words won't get you anywhere. Animators don't animate characters based on their creativity, they work on a plan. Creators who draw it don't come up with the designs just like that, they use the existing ones and mix and match. That's exactly what I'd be doing in a video game and hell yes, I'd do a million times better job than this pathetic excuse of an armor design.

Why am I even spending my time on someone who thinks that just because you show gore and titties, it's not for children. Goodness...

Pooping happens in real life. Sometimes people step in pooping. Also some people eat poop. Let's go make an anime where evil cat-humans come to Earth from planet Azrarurus and steal humans to eat poop and step in it.
What, doesn't sound fun? But why? It's not your fetish? Hey, c`mon, it can happen in real life, too. We know so little about alien life and about the traditions of possible aliens, so we should be ready in case if some aliens come to Earth and steal our poop!!

I hope you'll realize how sick this rape fetish is and I hope I don't need to show you all the stupid comments about the rape scene causing boners. Hell, some idiot actually spent his time on editing out the scene, adding in a hentai scene, publishing it on a porn-site and then publishing it for the whole world to see on another forum which I visit. THAT is the audience that you associate yourself with. Enjoy the good company of angry children with time to waste.

Your logic makes me sad. "Oh, but you just hated the rape scene because you hated the anime, boooh!" Are you even trying to make an argument or you simply want to waste my time? I don't give a damn about this anime or any other. I love the ones I love, I have many other things going on in my life than sitting on a forum and hating a genre or an anime, or whatever.
I don't give a damn about reactions. Children with time to waste, people with no lives and just angry people of any age will always get a reaction out of someone. Are you that blind or you're doing this on purpose? You're just showing me how insecure you are. Why would I even consider a reaction of some time-wasters?

I have spent 20 minutes on you. 20 minutes. I am not about to spend anymore, so don't expect another reply. Have fun enjoying your rape fetish in the episodes to come. One day you'll realize what consequences these "silly anime" and "goblins are just a metaphor!!!!!" lead to.

P.S. I quite like the post above mine. Kind of shows what kind of audience this anime attracts. Certainly no one who values their time would spend it on adding an ugly goblin image to their post.

Exactly the response, that I expected. You did well In this regard at least. I'm an elitist for pointing out your incomprehensible gibberish? Very well then.

This anime is not aimed at children. If you don't understand that much, I don't know what to say.

I already addressed this: only people like you won't shut up about the "rape fetish". I don't know if that is secretly your kink or whatever, but stop projecting. And like I said, any comments saying that it "gave them a boner" are made to trigger you. Once again, with success.

I'm not associating myself with either side, actually.

Your lack of logic and common sense makes me sad. Or it would, If I would care, but fortunately I don't.

For someone who doesn't give a damn, you seem awfully angry and offended. You're showing me how insecure and how much of an angry child you are.

Likewise, don't bother replying. I'm done with you, kiddo.

Thank you, I'll do just that. The only consequences, that anime like Goblin Slayer lead to, are immature persons like you throwing a tantrum and resorting to name calling, since they have no actual arguments.
TheBigGuyNov 8, 2018 7:33 PM
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 8, 2018 7:01 PM
Apr 2018
Hey, Goblin Slayer's seiyu is Hayato from Gakuen Babysitters! I loved him there, so glad I recognized his voice.

This was kinda cool. I liked how now the blonde girl is like a student for GS.
Nov 9, 2018 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Before I forget, to prove how utterly ridiculous and silly it is:

The amount of people who voted "loved it" shocks me. I'm sorry to be mean, but you all need to understand what torture and cannibalism means. These are not some things that you can toy with just to get the views or the "edginess".

When you'll start watching the next episode of this non-sense, think about the way people who were tortured or who had to deal with cannibalism felt when they saw this abomination.
Nov 9, 2018 4:37 PM
Jan 2018
TheBigGuy said:

The amount of people who voted "loved it" shocks me. I'm sorry to be mean, but you all need to understand what torture and cannibalism means. These are not some things that you can toy with just to get the views or the "edginess".

When you'll start watching the next episode of this non-sense, think about the way people who were tortured or who had to deal with cannibalism felt when they saw this abomination.
What the actual fuck did i just read? Jesus mate.If a cartoon offends you so much why not find something else instead of ruining the fun for everyone else?
Nov 9, 2018 4:45 PM

Nov 2013
jimmmaker said:
TheBigGuy said:

What the actual fuck did i just read? Jesus mate.If a cartoon offends you so much why not find something else instead of ruining the fun for everyone else?

That was sarcasm. I wasn't serious.

It was partially a response to the nonsense, which I quoted before.
Nov 9, 2018 4:48 PM
Jan 2018
TheBigGuy said:
jimmmaker said:

It was partially a response to the person, which I quoted earlier.
Oh sorry haha.Seen too many of these types of comments and kinda got used to it
Nov 9, 2018 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
jimmmaker said:
TheBigGuy said:

It was partially a response to the person, which I quoted earlier.

Don't sweat it, no offense taken.
Nov 9, 2018 4:56 PM
Jan 2018
TheBigGuy said:
jimmmaker said:

I saw the comment that you quoted.That guy encompasses all the worst stereotyoes of the anime community.I know that MaL is as toxic as it can get but i hope that future users strive to be the polar opposite of him.
Nov 9, 2018 4:59 PM

Nov 2013
jimmmaker said:
TheBigGuy said:

I saw the comment that you quoted.That guy encompasses all the worst stereotyoes of the anime community.I know that MaL is as toxic as it can get but i hope that future users strive to be the polar opposite of him.

That certainly wouldn't hurt.
Nov 11, 2018 12:16 AM
Dec 2017
I honestly wasn't sure about this anime after I heard about the use of rape for "shock value" but I'm glad I didn't skip out on this anime. It's definitely dark...but I guess they included that so early to basically say "Don't expect some light hearted adventuring anime." That's the message it got across...at least for me it did.

Also, I understand that the anime included a rape scene but, come on, it honestly could've been more graphic than it was. The brutality of everything that happened is just them establishing the tone, not mere shock value (though that's not necessarily a bad thing).
Nov 11, 2018 2:50 AM
Nov 2018
he asu, iq pesen kanggo seng nggawe anime goblin m3mek
rainiro iq pancen asu yo mas mo kiro atine isun ambi kanca
kanca iq seneng opo? iq anime paran wedok e di ewe digu ambi goblin rasa babi inget maz isun iq ngamooook, sampean ngerti codot hang kecantol sempak? iq rainiro su, munggokne di ewe ambi manungso wajar, iq ambi babi loh. siro manungso opo babi si cok?
ora ngergani sg ndelok, muk kiro kene iq robot hing nduwe perasaan ngakuo siro iq lek mati sopo hang nggotong? isun dewekan? males su ngaberi raimu sg koyo kontol digu, lek iso episode 1 gantien ilangono wong ngewe ambi goblin memek iq

thx iq pesen khusus eps 1.
sampe ono maning episode hang ngewe karo goblin umahmu sun kobong ndasmu sun tancepake nang tower tokyo, rungokne iq jancok
Nov 15, 2018 2:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
For a first episode, that's pretty hard and brutal, but I really appreciate the straightforwardness. The beginning was this very fast-paced action fest and then it slowly becomes really emotional in a way, the relationship of the Goblin Slayer and the priestess is going to be a huge part I assume. Speaking of that girl, she's far too naive for that world, imagine having that be your first day at your new job, shit must suck, pretty hard.
This show is going to tackle a lot of sensitive topics, like rape and brutal murder, including all sort of torture and dismembering, not a lot of shows get away with this, but this is looking to be doing pretty fine.
The animation is looking beautiful, and again, that's to be expected from studio White Fox, the voice acting is great and the action is thrilling, a lot of emotional tackles as well, this might be the show for me.
The way the Goblin Slayer made comments on there being a good Goblin making me believe that he might be a Goblin himself, a Goblin that's never left his hold (armor).
Nov 26, 2018 4:48 PM

May 2018
I really liked this anime start, but the thing that really spoiled it was the rape scenes... the dark atmosphere of this episode was really well done, I'm very looking forward to the next.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 11, 2018 1:53 AM
Oct 2018
クールなアニメ
Dec 14, 2018 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
Took me a while to start this series, but I finally did and I like the first episode. Heard it gets more slice of life after, we will see how it goes.
Dec 15, 2018 2:45 AM

Nov 2013

Ok, in your perfect imaginary world, people do not talk about rape, though it still happens right? It's a taboo that shouldn't be discussed in the news/media/games. Imbeciles who "cross the line" should be stoned to death and ridiculed/spitted on. Let's be blind and deaf, that's better - being proud and ignorant.

Let me tell you this: It's ok to hate rape, it's idiotic to hate the show for a rape scene. Grow up please. Just because people loved it doesn't mean it's because of rape scene. Just because there's a rape scene, doesn't mean you automatically have to hate it, or at least "not love it".

P.S the show isn't advertising/tolerating/justifying/glorifying rape in any way - I hope you figured that much at least, though the amount of triggered people who automatically cry/rage and give the show instant 1 point, i won't be surprised if you didn't. The anime shows rape, because it just happened. It's not a staged porn-rape. It's the real thing: sudden and horrible. No need to make a huge deal out of it.
Dec 15, 2018 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
@AzorAhai

That was sarcasm. As I already stated above.

That's pretty much, what I said to this other person.

Dec 15, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
TheBigGuy said:
@AzorAhai

That was sarcasm. As I already stated above.

That's pretty much, what I said to this other person.

Ok :( *conceals dagger*
Dec 29, 2018 4:09 PM

May 2013
Well shit. That escalated quickly lol

Very innovative. You don't usually see the actual attacks in these type of animes. It's usually just points, magic, and damage. To go this gory route is pretty good.

Rape scenes are always hard to watch :(
Jan 1, 2019 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
I've seen too many memes to take this seriously. Still, Goblin Slayer is a complete bad ass. I could watch him thrash those green little shits ceaselessly.
Jan 1, 2019 11:23 PM

Nov 2017
ohh... motherfukc!!!

it reach 900 replies
Now Loading.....
Jan 2, 2019 5:09 PM

Nov 2018
Too censored i guess need to wait for uncensored version.

Jan 3, 2019 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
Impressive! This first ep is a really solid introduction episode about the world of Goblin Slayer!

SO it's a common occurrence for a rookie adventurers n00b squads to go out and attempt to do venture into the Goblins' lair and fail to do so with the males slaughtered and the females raped. *Facepalm* is everyone so confident in their abilities and underestimates the goblin's competency for combat? The priest's party being slaughtered like that is totally their fault. I find it hilarious, to be honest seeing how they're so awfully killed and raped by goblins. Of course, it's up to the pros such as Goblin Slayer to teach these rookies noobs to not die pathetically by the hands of some goblins. Goblin Slayer seems to be a great badass character!

This ep nailed the horrifying realities of this show's world where even the weakest of monsters can easily overwhelm anyone if they're unprepared, inexperienced and being too careless. The brutal killing and the rape scene, along with Goblin Slayer's cold-hearted killing spree which includes goblin children all did well to deliver the dark atmosphere of this show!

Jan 5, 2019 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
There's your usual fantasy anime, where no matter what happens, the hero wins. Then there's Grimgar, which i think is realistic in so far thats possible when talking about slaying Goblins and stuff.

And then there's this, which makes Grimgar look like child's play, but is also kinda over the top - assuming the typical fantasy world, rookie party went ill prepared to slay some goblins and got killed since hundreds of years, without anyone learning a thing from it. Unless they somehow figured out that out of all the possible methods to prepare people for the adventuring life, this one is the most effective, which would make me wonder what the goal is they aim for. Certainly not least lives lost. Maybe it's so brutal later that they need that initial shock, and for the survivors to have that, others have to die. Whatever.

Let's see how it continues..
Jan 6, 2019 10:24 PM
Jan 2017
ok so I heard this anime was dark but Jesus this was beyond fucking dark. I need to watch Death Note just to calm down*
Pages (20) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.