Forum Settings
Forums

Anime villians that you love and hate at the same time.

New
Oct 1, 2018 8:26 AM

Jan 2017
For me, it's Kotomine Kirei. He is just so badass. I hate and love him lol
His character is also quite unique.

Anyway, is there an anime villain that you both love and hate?
If yes, who?

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Oct 1, 2018 8:29 AM

Mar 2018
Just 1 name:
Sōsuke Aizen from bleach!!!
Oct 1, 2018 8:31 AM

Aug 2018
If you would have watched or read FSN you would clearly see that Kirei is not a villain. Please don't use mere subjective concepts when it has been proven that morality is a spook.
Oct 1, 2018 8:36 AM

Oct 2014
Cherizzle said:
If you would have watched or read FSN you would clearly see that Kirei is not a villain. Please don't use mere subjective concepts when it has been proven that morality is a spook.
Master conversationalist over here.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Oct 1, 2018 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
why should I hate them at the same time? why couldn't we love them only and have no hate agaisnt them?
anyway, antagonists have alwais been my ffavourite characters, and on the "extended favourite list" I have, 12/15 of the top characters are antagonists, or characters with an antagonistic personnality.
and my favourite "villains" would be hisoka, griffith and makishima. no character tops them in terms of.. how much I love them I guess?
Oct 1, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
Definitely Dio. I love him, because he's a sexy bastard, evil to the bone and cool, but I also hate him, because
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Oct 1, 2018 8:49 AM

Jan 2017
Cherizzle said:

Yep, definitely not a villain.

Oct 1, 2018 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
@swirlydragon
>also says that he finds joy in other people's suffering

I would be really interested to hear how this make him a villain?
Oct 1, 2018 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
Cherizzle said:
@swirlydragon

Of course, that doesn't make him a villain, but his actions (which I mentioned above) sure does.

Oct 1, 2018 8:55 AM

Aug 2018
swirlydragon said:
Cherizzle said:
@swirlydragon

Of course, that doesn't make him a villain, but his actions (which I mentioned above) sure does.

But him finding joy in that suffering of others is pretty much his motivation. He is by no means a villain, he simply acts beyond good and evil and follows his own values and passion which makes him more inheriately 'good' than Shirou who literally is the embodiment of slave morality.
Oct 1, 2018 8:55 AM

Sep 2013
I don't really hate vilains unless they are weak/annoying

so I mostly love them or hate them very much
Oct 1, 2018 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
akainu from one piece
I hate him for his cruel personality and everlasting will to crush the protagonist and his beliefs as well as many other of my favorite characters
I love him for his manliness, powerful might and his blunt resolve to do things his way
Oct 1, 2018 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
there are no anime characters i love,do i look like a weeb to you
Oct 1, 2018 10:59 AM
Oct 2018
Madara ..
He us badass villan but sometimes pisses me off
Oct 1, 2018 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
I believe Griffith encapsulates love & hate from the fandom
Oct 1, 2018 11:03 AM

May 2016
Doflamingo because he’s pretty cool but can be annoying

Oct 1, 2018 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
Hatred said:
Nope.
400anime ,131+ days and whats more no anime drops.Definetly not a weeb

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!
Oct 1, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
KazuXSora said:
Hatred said:
Nope.
400anime ,131+ days and whats more no anime drops.Definetly not a weeb

just because i watched a lot of anime in my youth doesn't mean i still do
get outta here.
Oct 1, 2018 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Kira from diamond is unbreakable. I wasn't enjoying part 4 until his arc started, he even had an interesting dead lul
Oct 1, 2018 11:16 AM

Apr 2018
for me definitely Shougo Makishima from Psycho-Pass and Ragyou Kiryuuin and Nui Harime both from Kill la Kill
Oct 1, 2018 11:19 AM

Feb 2018
didnt u do this thread before u "left mal"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
Dio. I love everything about him but I still hate him because he kicked the dog in part 1 fuck you Dio.
Oct 1, 2018 11:38 AM

Mar 2018
Cherizzle said:
swirlydragon said:

But him finding joy in that suffering of others is pretty much his motivation. He is by no means a villain, he simply acts beyond good and evil and follows his own values and passion which makes him more inheriately 'good' than Shirou who literally is the embodiment of slave morality.
stop sucking him off he's a villain boi
poop
Oct 1, 2018 11:44 AM

Sep 2016
Orochimaru - Naruto
Sousuke Aizen - Bleach
Satou - Ajin
Doflamingo - One Piece
Oct 1, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
He wasn't really a villain/antagonist (since he was the MC), but Light from Death Note comes to my mind. I really hated his God complex and arrogance, but he was very entertaining, intelligent and the series wouldn't had been the same if we wouldn't had been the protagonist, so I cannot hate him totally. That being said, I enjoyed a lot his fate.

A more traditional example would be Tenzen from Basilisk. The dude was a complete and utter asshole, but he was a very effective antagonist, and was a good example of how hate and resentment can turn a person into a (literal) monster. The Iga clan in general may qualify as well, they were a bunch of cocky and arrogant bastards full of themselves, but they clearly cared for the clan and Oboro and were not portrayed all the times as heartless monsters, and for that, I can respect them, even if I hated some of them at the end of the day.
IllyricusOct 2, 2018 10:58 AM
Oct 1, 2018 4:49 PM

Aug 2012
Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Bungou Stray Dogs movie and

Neferpitou - Hunter x Hunter
Enoshima Junko - Danganronpa series
- Persona 5 series
Esdeath - Akame ga Kill
X - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 1, 2018 4:58 PM

May 2015
Mine are Char Aznable & Light Yagami...
Oct 1, 2018 5:04 PM

Jul 2017
Probably Charles from Eureka 7. Seemed like a genuine nice character and relationship goals and whatnot it's a shame what side he was on
Oct 1, 2018 7:06 PM

Aug 2016
Aion from Chrono Crusade and Makishima from Psycho-Pass.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 1, 2018 11:46 PM

Nov 2017
Accelerator is the one who i hate and loved at the same time....
Now Loading.....
Oct 2, 2018 12:07 AM

Oct 2018
Hisoka.
Kisame.
Orochimaru.
Obito.
Uchiha madara.
The guy just wants to be dead.
Oct 2, 2018 12:54 AM

Dec 2014
Cherizzle said:
swirlydragon said:

What are you on about? Kirei is a man that wanted to kill his own father, enjoyed the suffering of his own wife who he also wanted to kill and was responsible for a city wide disaster. His motivations are irrelevant he is clearly evil by most standard definitions.
Oct 2, 2018 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
For me, it's definitely Griffith..
Oct 2, 2018 9:01 AM
Sep 2018
Probably Vegeta. My love/hate for him was well balanced 50/50.

I was going to say Char Aznable and Shogo Makishima, but I love these two a bit too much. It's like, I know they are terrible people and massive dicks, but I can't help but want to root for them.

Oct 2, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2018
Betelgeuse Romantii Conti- DDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUU
Oct 2, 2018 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
Monster said:
I believe Griffith encapsulates love & hate from the fandom
I personnaly love him as one of my top3 favourite characters of all times, but I agree with what you're saying though usualy he's very much hated or loved from what I"ve seen.
Esquirtit said:
Cherizzle said:

stop sucking him off he's a villain boi
that bad though?
Illyricus said:
He wasn't really a villain/antagonist (since he was the MC), but Light from Death Note comes to my mind. I really hated his God complex and arrogance, but he was very entertaining, intelligent and the series wouldn't had been the same if we wouldn't had been the protagonist, so I cannot hate him totally. That being said, I enjoyed a lot his fate.
technicaly, a villain and a protagonist are 2 different things, buta character can be both. antagonist are usualy villain, but in this case, light was the protagonist and the villain.
Oct 2, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
desusama said:
Cherizzle said:

What are you on about? Kirei is a man that wanted to kill his own father, enjoyed the suffering of his own wife who he also wanted to kill and was responsible for a city wide disaster. His motivations are irrelevant he is clearly evil by most standard definitions.
you just made me want to watch fate zero(well it's already in my PTW but...). if this character that looks like it will probabbly be my favourite of the series isn't as good as he looks I'll be disapointed.
Oct 2, 2018 12:30 PM

Mar 2018
@Zehennagel eh it's not a bad thing I dont remember too much from fate/zero but I'm
100% sure he was a villain, definitely the most complex and intetesting characters in the series and I'm sure you will like his lil bad ass so watch it
poop
Oct 2, 2018 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Petelguese i'd say. I like that kind of Villain but still at the same time it sucks...

I don't hate no one literally..
Oct 2, 2018 4:21 PM

Jul 2017
Well, probably Gilgamesh. He's a great villain but I definitely love him more in Fate/Extra CCC. His arrogance is less frustrating and more funny there. Especially one infamous scene in that game~

I hate his personality in Fate/stay night mainly because he's full of arrogance and that he tried to take Saber by force, only sees her as an object he must obtain. I absolutely love how he died in the Fate route compared to the other routes though. Love him as a villain, hate his personality (Only in Fate/stay night).

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 19, 2018 12:21 PM
Sep 2018
Griffith.
Sephiroth from LO: FFVII.
And MOST of all
Oct 19, 2018 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
L

tbh he really did piss me off sometimes

#sorrynotsorry
Lies. Lies. Lies.Lies. Lies. Lies.

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

21 by bucciest »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

40 by traed »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

131 by APolygons2 »»
19 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

1 by Serafos »»
33 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.