Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2018 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
glad to see vaneesa in action for once.. great episode… 4 episodes to go…
Sep 16, 2018 4:16 PM
Sep 2018
I honestly have less bad things to say as the show goes on. At the start and I'll admit that honestly even now it takes a lot of (a bit too much) inspiration from the classic tropes of the genre and kinda reminds me too much of the original 'big 3'.

However it has slowly began becoming something different on it's own. I think the turning point was around the kidnapping. Either way I could pick at it all day but it doesn't change that it is definitely getting better and whatever I say about it won't change the fact I watch it weekly and rarely miss the new episodes.

Story: 7
It is kinda predictable to some degree but there are some genuine surprises and it has shown to be more complicated an interesting as time goes on so as I can not give it a very high mark I can not deny that it is still good.

Sound: 7-1=6
I watch the dub because Asta's voice in the sub makes my ears bleed so I will judge the dub and just drop a mark for the pure fact that Asta needs to shut up. Otherwise the Audio is pretty good and I don't really find any flaws in it.

Characters:6
Like I have mentioned before it has gotten progressively better. I had originally had to drag myself through the anime because the characters were too, 2 dimensional (Eg. Asta being simply a not give up type, Luck only being a battle freak, and Yami just being a prick who's supposed to be badass). I don't think it's the backstories which helped as much (though the insight to their past was kinda interesting), but they did overtime show things in their personality which didn't show before. Asta as much as he has, maybe not so much but enough that I can see him being more mature in his thinking if only a bit. I like it though. People like Luck and Magna have changed for the better since Luck being a battle freak seems more psychological and other things I cbf going into and their friendship has actually gotten me happy to see them together. And makes sense. Yami...He hasn't changed a lot but now I have actually seen him be a badass so I'm happy. Plus he is a mate to the wizard King and I like that the friendship they have makes Yami treat the mission as something truly important.

Art style: 8
I can not exlpain it for the life of me but god I do not know why I like the art style looks so much. I genuinely can not. Maybe it's the hardness of the lines or the shadows but either way it looks good and I don't know how else to put it. It just looks good and seems like it suits the genre and setting.

Enjoyment: 7
I enjoy this. I have watched since the start and have kept up since. However there have been time I needed to drag myself through it I enjoyed it none the less and more so as time went on. Aside from what I consider a really bad start it is good now and I can say that I truly enjoy watching it and look forward to the episode to this day.

Overall score: 7
If this was done more towards the start of the series I would honestly have given nothing nearly as good a mark except the art style. But as I have said many times it has gotten better to a point that it is pretty much consistently good all around give or take some points in some areas. But yeah, I like it and I think it's good. That's it.
Sep 21, 2018 8:51 PM

Dec 2016
Finral is definitely in my top 3 favorite characters, I just love the guy
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 26, 2018 5:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Vetto's surface skills was not his true skills though. Vanessa's thread magic though sure was interesting. But she sure arrived in time to help though. Funny how Finral ended up assisting his friends despite the desire to run. Interesting teamup of Vanessa, Finral and Asta though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 12:35 PM
Dec 2015
Vanessa was woke and I honestly prefer her this way.
Oct 14, 2018 11:54 AM

Feb 2014
Vanessa will finally be more than just the fanservice chick.
And talking about fanservice, I saw that picture long ago on twitter and though is wat just sexy fan art, nice to see that is actually from the anime, best petit clover ever for sure.
Jan 23, 2019 3:18 AM

Dec 2012
That demonic gibberish spell lol

Mar 10, 2019 8:12 PM

Mar 2016
Lol! It was hilarious when Finral gets all pumped up when Vanessa said that she'll hug him once it's over and he can cry all over her.

This teamwork with Asta as the main fighter along with Finral and Vanessa as his support is so damn good! Manipulating movements with those strings and teleporting with the spatial magic, so versatile and so awesome!

Wow, the Petit Clover in this ep is... THICC
ShadowkillZMar 10, 2019 8:19 PM
Sep 17, 2019 4:23 AM
Apr 2018
WHY THE HECK IS YAMI TRAPPED WITH THAT OLD GEEZER!?!? AAHH HE COULD HAVE HELPED!! WHY ARE THEY TRAPPING HIMMM UGHHH I’M SOO ANGRY RN
*Too lazy to make another signature*
Mar 24, 2020 2:55 PM

May 2018
So this is why petit clover exists... Finral is the best!
May 13, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2019
This episode was nice.You would think that the fight ends here but nope.Btw,the ED song is actually good.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 26, 2020 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
Vetto feels like a final boss in a video game put on the hardest difficulty. I can't blame Finral for freaking out.

These three make for a surprisingly interesting combo. Hopefully they can take out Vetto in the next episode.

Bonus magic in the clover clip scene really was amazing.
Dec 27, 2020 5:25 AM

Mar 2013
Just want to say thank you Finral for the fanservice magic
Jun 7, 2021 7:53 AM

Jun 2020
I just hope that Vanessa joins in time before they get wiped out by Vetto

At last, Vanessa catches up to the two just in time as well to save the others who got injured badly hope that this goes well for them, Finral has to help them as well don't just ditch your team like that

At least he got into the battle as well to help them fight this Vetto guy he's just too strong, But at least Asta got a clear hit on him that was pleasing to see.

(P.C. What's this service magic they're on about maybe just something not even wo... Oh oh okay this is something rare to see this really doesn't make one's nose bleed this is straight-up sexy I must say)
Jun 25, 2021 3:48 AM

Dec 2012
Yami tries to break out.
Vanessa oppai on point.
Vanessa won. I want her to top me off.
Vanessa saved them.
I want Vanessa to hitch a ride on my train.
Finral saved them.
I want a hug from Vanessa and to bury my head into her oppai.
Asta hit Vetto.
Dat ending.
LAWD JESUS! DAT SERVICE MAHOU! MIMOSA IN DAT SWIMSUIT! DAT OPPAI! LAWD!

I got my wish. A few episodes back I wanted to see Mimosa in a swimsuit and it was fulfilled. You see why Mimosa is the waifu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 3, 2021 2:13 AM

Jan 2021
You know at first I felt bad that everybody forgot about Gordon and left him behind but after seeing all this Gordon’s the real winner here

And this episodes clover clips was quite educational ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 24, 2021 9:28 PM

Mar 2015
Nice to see everyone working together!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 19, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2015
Mimosa is thicc!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 10, 2021 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
Not a big fan of the shounen recap syndrome at the start even if it has some new content. Still awesome combo attacks there at the end agaist that beast Vetto, never thought webs and portals would make for such a strong weapon paired with Asta's attacks.

Feb 23, 2022 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty slow paced episode, but the combination attack in last minutes was cleaver and amazing. I'm still waiting for the Demon to come out, I hope it happens next episode!!
May 28, 2022 2:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
With all the threads and portals, this sort of feels like doctor strange and the avengers vs. thanos

Thank goodness that in typical overpowered bad guy fashion, Vetto prefers to toy with his prey rather than wiping them all out in an instant which he could probably do. Gotta give the good guys a chance to group up and prepare you know. Now as usual I love everyone's fighting spirit, but as always with a character who is over-powered, how in the actual f*ck are they gonna beat this guy??

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 19, 2022 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
Shank_Man said:
Just want to say thank you Finral for the fanservice magic

Always got our back does good old Finral.
Sep 29, 2022 1:39 PM

May 2014
NICE COMBO! NICE STRATEGY!!! WOOOOOOOO!
Nov 22, 2022 12:47 PM

Mar 2010
Fun fight with their lives on da line if only a single mistake is made. But damn that spatial and spring puppetry is such a OP combo.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 25, 2022 8:10 AM
Dec 2022
most epic like me.
May 1, 2023 10:02 PM
Aug 2021
The thread and portal make the fighting at the end very cool. Finral is very annoying. At least he is braking boundaries, everyone has 1 personality trait but he now has 2. Being a coward and a women lover.
May 18, 2023 2:02 AM

Jul 2022
Amazing Teamwork!
Jan 6, 10:46 AM

Dec 2020
it was a good episode

just wish the intro & op didnt take 7 mins
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Today, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Today, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.