Forum Settings
Forums

20th Episode of 'Steins;Gate 0' to Delay Broadcast

New
Aug 21, 2018 4:53 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for the currently airing Steins;Gate 0 TV anime announced on Tuesday that the 20th episode of the series, originally planned to broadcast on August 30, has been delayed by one week. The episode will broadcast on September 6. A re-run of episode 19 will fill the timeslot instead.

Produced by White Fox, Steins;Gate 0 is based on the visual novel of the same title that was released in December 2015 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. The second season premiered on April 12. An unaired OVA episode, bundle with the sixth volume of the series, will be released on November 28.

Source: Ota☆Suke
tsubasaloverAug 21, 2018 10:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2018 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
Ep.19 also has a delay according to the official website, but it's only on TV Aichi, so there's no effect.
tsubasaloverAug 21, 2018 5:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2018 4:59 AM

Feb 2011
Production issues perhaps ? I was so disappointed after the way they handled the action scene of the most recent episode.
Aug 21, 2018 6:43 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Well I guess we can expect everyone's favorite scene in the VN to look like utter crap if they actually have to delay this show twice! Poor anime onlies...

If this is because they're penny pinching for Goblin Slayer, then that show better be no less than a 10/10 or I'm gonna be mad.
Aug 21, 2018 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
Nice, I needed more time to catch up
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 21, 2018 8:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, if this is in order to improve the quality of the episode, I have no issues whatsoever. Two episodes having a delay though doesn’t suggest anything good about the current state of the show. I hope I’m misunderstanding this, but the odds are definitely against me.

I’m looking forward to this, regardless and needless to mention!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 21, 2018 9:31 AM

Jun 2017
The original S;G never had a good animation tbh and , it had a couple of episodes with a terrible animation (Fairis and Rukako Episodes) . God I only hope it's not worse than that of the original series. I'm really looking forward to watching this once it ends.
JaredLopezAug 21, 2018 9:46 AM

Aug 21, 2018 11:37 AM

Feb 2011
Jare4lopez said:
The original S;G never had a good animation tbh and , it had a couple of episodes with a terrible animation (Fairis and Rukako Episodes) . God I only hope it's not worse than that of the original series. I'm really looking forward to watching this once it ends.

I don't recall anything looking as jarring as the rooftop scene from the previous episode of S;G 0 tho
Aug 21, 2018 11:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Jare4lopez said:

I don't recall anything looking as jarring as the rooftop scene from the previous episode of S;G 0 tho
Yeah, rooftop scene is the worst that came from Steins;Gate. It seems like the animation directors don't know how to do action animation.
Aug 21, 2018 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
Jare4lopez said:

God that must be really awful then :o

Aug 21, 2018 12:12 PM

Jun 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Yeah, rooftop scene is the worst that came from Steins;Gate. It seems like the animation directors don't know how to do action animation.

What about the rest of the series? Has it been like that all the time or it's just the last episode?

Aug 21, 2018 12:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Jare4lopez said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

What about the rest of the series? Has it been like that all the time or it's just the last episode?
Well, other S;G episodes weren't really heavy on action, so it's hard to tell. But the episode before the recent one had some iffy shots here and there, but for the most part, it looked good. Certain scenes looked really great, particularly close-ups with a heavy emphasis on lighting and shading. The recent episode looked fine whenever it wasn't action. The recent episode also had 8 animation directors, which is a bad sign. More animation directors most likely means that the episode was behind schedule and more people needed to help in. And more animation directors means more conflicting styles in one episode.
Aug 21, 2018 12:24 PM

Jun 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Jare4lopez said:

Well, other S;G episodes weren't really heavy on action, so it's hard to tell. But the episode before the recent one had some iffy shots here and there, but for the most part, it looked good. Certain scenes looked really great, particularly close-ups with a heavy emphasis on lighting and shading. The recent episode looked fine whenever it wasn't action. The recent episode also had 8 animation directors, which is a bad sign. More animation directors most likely means that the episode was behind schedule and more people needed to help in. And more animation directors means more conflicting styles in one episode.

Wow , then is it likely to be that bad for what's left?

Aug 21, 2018 12:31 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Jare4lopez said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Wow , then is it likely to be that bad for what's left?
There's no info on the staff for the next couple of episodes, so it's hard to say. It could turn out good if there's not much action to animate.
Aug 21, 2018 12:38 PM

Apr 2015
usually a 2 cour anime gets delayed once in the middle.

However this one might be because production issues or something needs to be polished who knows.

Darling got delayed several times towards the end and it's 2 cour.
Aug 21, 2018 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
I think it wouldn't be much of a big issue, though I need to catch up to S;G 0.
Aug 21, 2018 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
Wasshio said:
You don't, it's crap anyways
Aug 21, 2018 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Klad said:
Wasshio said:
You don't, it's crap anyways

Uhhh... okay?

This was kind of thrown out of nowhere, kind of.

Whatever I guess?
Aug 21, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2017
It's going to be interesting seeing what they do with the last few episodes.

Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Aug 21, 2018 4:54 PM
Aug 2018
End this garbage already
Aug 21, 2018 6:36 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
The production of this adaptation was already troubling since the first episode and has been slowly getting worse and worse by the week sadly. Honestly I don't think White Fox was ready for this as it clearly deserved better. Oh well...
Aug 21, 2018 7:15 PM

Jan 2016
seems like they want to throw yet another party
Aug 21, 2018 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
They gave a shit budget to one of their better titles. Honestly FUCK them.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 21, 2018 10:53 PM

Dec 2017
I honestly don't want delay but what can I do? I'm just an audience that can always support
Aug 22, 2018 4:07 AM

Nov 2015
Lucikun09 said:
I honestly don't want delay but what can I do? I'm just an audience that can always support
At least, you DO support, unlike those crybabies who do nothing but complain every single time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2018 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
Reina_Orikasa said:
It's going to be interesting seeing what they do with the last few episodes.

PR isn't skipped as it was confirmed before the anime started airing that it will be adapted, I think they are just gonna leave the best for last.
Aug 22, 2018 7:40 AM
May 2017
OMG... I was really looking forward to it.
Aug 22, 2018 7:50 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh well thats sad since i am so excited about this one... mayuri and suzuha died?!!! Im sure already that Okabe will be already doing that time machine to save them.. hahaha
Aug 22, 2018 7:53 AM

Dec 2016
Ahh nice, hope they'll correct the flaws of the previous eps (kys haters)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Aug 22, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 2017
it's the curse of the cgi helicopter, everyone's doomed

but seriously it's a shame to see the show struggling in it's final few episodes
Aug 22, 2018 11:25 AM

Feb 2018
ova released on my birthday what a treat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2018 8:32 PM
Jun 2017
sad thing the production of this show is struggling. Though I'm glad they delay it rather than putting out unfinished work

More topics from this board

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by Jopping »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
Today, 7:17 AM

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Today

0 by Nioxys »»
Today, 6:07 AM

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
Today, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.