Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:55 PM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It’s a self aware isekai show, kind of… seems pretty okay tho and I enjoyed this first episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 8, 2018 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyed a lot this episode. Very funny and it seems that it's purpose is not to be serious at all xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 10, 2018 7:38 AM

Sep 2015
Glad it doesn't appear to take itself too seriously, this looks like it could have potential to be a fun little thing.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 11, 2018 4:58 PM

Jan 2018
Nice start. I'm down.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Aug 15, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2018
Great first episode. I laughed A LOT - especially during the "torture" scene.
I was expecting Rem to confess that she was really a dude. That's a hell of a lot more flee-worthy than

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Aug 18, 2018 3:34 AM

Jul 2016
FUUUCCCK!!! What a great time to be alive!!! GIVE ME MORE!!
Aug 30, 2018 3:45 AM
May 2017
Unyversu said:
FUUUCCCK!!! What a great time to be alive!!! GIVE ME MORE!!

Your words translate what I feel every time I watch a good anime.
Sep 2, 2018 11:22 AM
May 2015
EXPLOSION!!

our boy Diablo makes Megumin proud xD.
xxAMRxxSep 2, 2018 11:26 AM
Sep 2, 2018 11:44 AM

Dec 2015
Krebskulm has some seriously massive tits Ahem, that was a good first episode tbh. I'm not expecting much from this show, but maybe it can be somewhat entertaining.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 7, 2018 6:15 PM

Dec 2012
EXPLOOOSION!
I like OP MCs

Sep 13, 2018 9:49 AM

Dec 2014
to think I almost MISS this series this season.. harem and comedy … I am liking it all the more

Oct 11, 2018 4:41 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay start, setting is getting a bit generic lately with the whole in game appearance and especially attached to a harem plot... Oh well let's see what this series will offer!
Oct 14, 2018 2:25 PM

Sep 2017
The game UI at the beginning looked pretty basic and retro for the most popular MMO in the world, but I suppose that's not particularly relevant ^^

It was a very enjoyable first episode and I'm loving the characters already. Seems like a fun ride
Jan 6, 2019 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
What's the difference with the uncensored and the censored version? This is the important thing. I'm craving for ecchi cause it's been a long time since my last one and then I saw this on Netflix but halfway through this first episode I realized that they only have censored versions. The supposedly uncensored version I found online wasn't anything different far as I can tell. With this in mind, do I stick with Netflix so I get a 1080p censored version or pirate it online with the 720p uncensored version? Hmmmmmmmm....

Anyway, that explosion sucks bro don't do it again. Only Megumin can do it right.
Jan 13, 2019 7:17 PM
Jan 2018
The scene with Rem and Diablo in the Inn room is too cute <3
Apr 7, 2019 9:09 PM

Sep 2014
Solo leveling/grinding in an MMORPG game? Hey that's me! Can't wait to see what I would like (minus the OP-ness) in anime form ~

Good start so far. As a gamer, this series will be relatable as heck. I imagine myself in-game whenever I play these type of games

Wel then.. Start 'em up!
Apr 9, 2019 9:39 AM

Jan 2011
One of the best of this sub-genre (otaku summoned to fantasy/rpg world), glad to see it was released during my sabbatical so I can marathon over the next couple of days. Follows the LN very closely thus far.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 13, 2019 12:16 PM

Sep 2012
summoners who wanted slave demon lord got themselves enslaved by the the demon lord they summoned thats why newbies shouln't mess with grand master lvl spells 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

luky them this demon lord is actually nice 😁
Nov 30, 2019 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Seems like Overlord, but with more boobs and comedy. I really liked this first episode.
Feb 22, 2020 6:20 PM
Aug 2017
Having a hard time being fond of this anime, mainly because I know the main story/stories. It's decent enough at the start but the idiocy quickly starts to grate at your nerves. Even in this episode, we can see how this pathetic little twerp just gives in to everything like your typical "japanese" character(rather, how they want to pretend they are, you know, peaceful and kind or whatever). Makes it hard to like because he's simply acting like a bottom-feeder with no guts from Japan.

Not that I'd mind that if it was just a gag comedy with nothing serious going on, but if you keep on watching or rather reading the original, you will notice how the author does the worst thing ever, making him a pacifist who puts himself and all his friends at risk again and again from the SAME foes simply because he lets them go, to him, it's enough to overpower them and show them how he's more powerful. This comes back to bite him in the ass over and over. Makes you hate his guts after a while, wouldn't mind enemies coming every now and then but I hate how he, despite EXPERIENCING WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO SO, forgive everyone and everything, no matter what, no matter how serious, no matter how despicable, no matter how dangerous it is to him and those around him. In other words, someone who lacks the guts to kill or even properly defend himself by making sure that the enemy will never come back again.

I mean, it'd be nice if it was just a character development kind of thing, like him learning some life truths and learning from his mistakes, that'd be cool, but he doesn't learn from his mistakes, he just repeats them all the time, putting himself and everyone around him at risk because he can't work up the balls to deal with enemies properly even when his life and the life of those he cares about is at serious risk. It's fine to snap sometimes at least and do it at the spur of the moment, but sadly that doesn't happen either. Killing monsters of various kinds doesn't count.

Well, here's me hoping that the anime will be a decent adaptation and not that infuriating. If we don't get that far into the story, things will probably be fine. At most villains show up once and that's it, then it's no problem. But the story will bury itself the further along it goes, so I really hope we won't get that far in. Also, this should never, ever get a season 2. Trust me, most people liked this at the start but started to feel disgusted and even hate it after the author showcases how hopeless his main character truly is. Yeaaah, and don't tell me not to watch this because I have this opinion. The start is fine, it's kinda interesting to see it animated. That the rest will be crap doesn't stop me from enjoying the earlier parts. Not that it's as enjoyable as before when you know what will happen later on because I already don't really like the mc or other characters(yup, not only the mc is hopeless, the author is kinda childish at mind so that means many other characters will make asinine and juvenile choices for cheap drama or whatever that goes against all common sense and logic, making you think they're retarded)

Still, I believe this anime could be enjoyable enough, the first episode was decent. I don't like his real personality and cowardice but at least he pretends to be badass. He also doesn't shy away from fighting if necessary, just from killing.
SeregosaFeb 22, 2020 6:53 PM
Apr 18, 2020 1:35 AM

May 2013
Omg I love this xD Reminds me of Hataraku Maou-sama, haha. Very hilarious. 20 mins just flew by :D

We even got some nekomimi ero action ;)
Jun 21, 2020 9:24 PM

May 2020
Expurosion! Didn't expect this isekai anime is amazing. Looking forward on how this story goes.

Sep 1, 2020 10:41 PM
Sep 2020
Hhjsdjdhcucjfjids
Sep 1, 2020 10:42 PM
Sep 2020
Dyhvgnfhhhdhhjbqij
Oct 5, 2020 9:49 PM
Oct 2020
Hhhj. Dhuiwi ooodkhu vv
Nov 8, 2020 1:13 AM

Jan 2017
Holy mother of fanservice, even the ED visuals are... damn...
Jan 9, 2021 8:24 AM

Sep 2014
I've re-watched the show multiple times but theres just this scene in episode 1 that always makes me so fricking angry & want to smack the hell out of the character that says it & that very scene is the 1st scene Celestine Bordorel is introduced & she says you used reflection on the enslavement ritual? That's a pretty bold move don't you think? Then asks what Diablo's plan is while saying it feels pretty unbalanced to her & just because he wasn't the 1 who got enslaved. To everything she said it both always makes me want to slap her silly & ask her this how would you like to be enslaved can I say that it's a pretty bold move for you to try to use reflection on the enslavement ritual even if you fail. Can I say that its pretty unbalanced if you have any enslaved summons monster or not so you should undo the enslavement ritual on them? I think she'd likely say thats different with her being full of herself & having double standards & everything. I mean Diablo isn't just some random monster he's a demihuman thus should have the exact same rights as everyone else in that world. So while I wouldn't fualt her for asking if he would please release Rem & Shera from the enslavement especially if at least 1 of them is her friend to some degree. I can fault her for saying that its a bold move to resist being enslaved & that its considered unbalanced if he isn't the 1 being enslaved.
Feb 12, 2021 7:23 AM

Jun 2019
That was a good first episode. EXPLOSION was cool as well. Megumin approves.
Mar 24, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2010
Dumb but its fun and thats a good thing.
Apr 6, 2021 12:57 PM
Jun 2019
So, based on what I observed in Episode 1, I've just got 5 letters to sum up my impression of this series. E-C-C-H-I. Probably since that's one of the tags too. But this is a nice series though, it's been sitting in my PTW for too long so it's time to move it to Watching list.
Aug 25, 2021 5:52 PM

Jul 2021
Decided to binge this since I'm waiting for Edens Zero to come out on Netflix in a few hours, and so far so good! Usually I wouldn't like in an anime when the main guy is overpowered right off the bat but this anime seems more comedy centered so it really isn't too like bothering
Jul 26, 2022 6:28 PM

Nov 2010
This is every nerd's dream(including me). In my case, I want to be transported into the world of Rance and take over his role as the most powerful & luckiest being in that world. Then I'd go into a r*ping rampage for sure! hehe

Rem is super cute. She's my kind of girl. Long hair, cat ears, flat chest. Damn!
Oct 13, 2022 9:57 AM

Nov 2021
Yo, cool episode there. I liked it and enjoyed it very much.

Mar 1, 2023 11:54 PM

Jul 2012
I am tired with this kind of genre..
Some1 please stop it 🥱
Or.. r they really pushing "meta" agenda so badly..?

Oct 15, 2023 1:05 AM
Dec 2022
This is not exactly your typical isekai harem trope.

'This is level 30 salamander! I guess that's all a level 30 can do!' 'Let me tell you something. I am level 150.'
'No way. No one like that can exist.'

Looks like Diablo retains all his memory and power gained from the game in the new Isekai.
Dec 18, 2023 3:38 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This is great dude!! And the fan service is TOP TIER 😍

Lots of nice tributes to other anime, or perhaps inspirations. Namely Overlord, Naruto, No Game No Life, SAO etc

Keen to get into it
Apr 7, 4:19 PM
Mar 2024
TOO FUNNY
I've watched it before, but it's been so long that it feels brand new again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by WeAreBlank20 »»
Apr 7, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 3 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by CL12W »»
Mar 23, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

206 by razisgosu »»
Jan 3, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2018

122 by razisgosu »»
Jan 3, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2018

113 by aod-kun »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.