Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime do you feel has the worst fan base

New
May 15, 2018 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
Arg I love and hate how popular Anime has gotten in the mainstream in recent years. I love it because I remember the days when watching anime was taboo and made you look weird in regular society in the USA but now it is pretty acceptable.... hell even cool now to be an anime fan. But I also hate how bad some of these fan bases have gotten especially since a lot of these people who ruin these communities are casual scrubs in my eyes, I'm not going to say I am some sort of an elitist when it comes to anime but I am just curious how some other people feel about this topic.

I love Shounen anime cause that was nasically my gateway in but most of them have terrible fan bases

(I honestly think Dragon Ball has the worst fan base and why? Goku fan boys nuff said)
FiliricanGGsMay 17, 2018 1:21 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2018 1:23 PM
Jan 2013
the beyblade community im tired of seeing hehehe spin to win ammirite on my facebook feed
gone bai bai
May 15, 2018 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
Neon Genesis Evangelion or any Ikuhara show
May 15, 2018 1:27 PM

Nov 2016
Darling in the FranXX hands fucking down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2016
I'd say Berserk and Darling in the FranXX.

But then again, the Darling in the FranXX fanbase at least made me laugh my ass off thanks to the amount of salt it produced over Ichigo.
Vlad4oMay 15, 2018 1:33 PM
May 15, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
Tsuchisa said:
So far, Darling in the Franxx has the worst fan base.

Ha yea that was a beautiful up roar that fan base had a few weeks back. But I do not think they are as consistently annoying on a daily basis in my eyes atleast
May 15, 2018 1:31 PM

Feb 2017
I don't know which fanbase is the worst but currently Darling in the FranXX fanbase is really toxic. See sending various threats to the creators and even voice actors.
May 15, 2018 1:32 PM

Mar 2018
I dont want to group a whole fan base together, especially because most fans of every series are fine. I will say though, I've seen quite a few people with the attitude of "if you didn't like steins gate, it was just over your head." Again, a vast majority of steins gate fans are good, I'm not trying to rip on it or their fans
May 15, 2018 1:33 PM

Dec 2015
I woud say the SAO coummity/fanbase when it comes toa group called KAC that exist on facebook.
It have a bunch of SAO fan and everytime someone say the anime sucks beacuse....
The saofanbase can't argument against it so they start trash talk you.

Then EVA commuty can be a bit cancerus but they are always on point and can stand up for the anime. As alot of another ppl can't

May 15, 2018 1:33 PM

Jun 2017
Is all anime in general an acceptable answer.
I'm a shitposter for fun
May 15, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2017
Re:Zero and Darling in the Franxx are the obvious answers here. I'll also add that I've noticed that a lot of the popular shonen shows tend to have the more toxic fanbases. I'm sure there are exceptions to that but that does seem to be a rule of thumb.
May 15, 2018 1:38 PM

Oct 2008
definitely any anime with lolis if you are not one of them your opinion doesnt matter it's a scary place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
May 15, 2018 1:38 PM

Apr 2018
Kiibean said:
Strange picks, I know:

Pingu in the City fanbase, most of them didn't even fuckin watch it :/

If that doesn't count, the Pokemon animes fanbase is shit. The show gets better animation and everyone complains? Like I don't watch Pokemon anymore, but it's just everywhere "haha funny screenshot of Ash's fucked up face, aren't I the pinnacle of comedy?".

lmao yea I agree with Pokemon like especially all the gen 1ers who complain about no Brock and Misty still but yet it seems like they just still continue to watch it just to talk shit about it
May 15, 2018 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
The most recent example would be obviously Darling in the Franxx, even if it has been mentioned already.
May 15, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
Ikkitousen, 'cause it's just me. ...Or maybe it's the best because I'm the only one who likes it...

May 15, 2018 1:46 PM
Jun 2013
How has nobody mentioned LoGH? That's the first anime that popped up when I read that title, and honestly, I can't think of any fanbase that comes close to this.
May 15, 2018 1:48 PM
Mar 2017
pingu and re zero fanbases should burn
May 15, 2018 1:58 PM
Apr 2016
So majority of people here thinks darling in the franxx has the worst fanbase! Couldnt agree more. I also think most of the shounen fanbases are bad too.
May 15, 2018 1:59 PM

May 2014
+1 to darling in the franxx. It's appropriate that one of the worst anime has the worst fan base to go with it (∗´꒳`) Jk i dropped it after episode 1, i'm sure it's not that bad XD
May 15, 2018 2:00 PM

Jan 2018
Maybe BnH.
That PLUS ULTRA so freakin me out.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 15, 2018 2:14 PM

Dec 2017
After reading so many salty foreign tweets, English, German, Chinese, Italian etc., Darling in the Franxx so far.
May 15, 2018 2:20 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
The Eiken fanbase is full of psuedo-intellectual elitists who grasp for symbolism that isn't there and look down on all other forms of entertainment

May 15, 2018 2:24 PM

Mar 2016
Very unpopular opinion, but IMO it's My Hero Academia. The anime itself is good, but the fanbase overreacting with anything related to it made me sick of it.
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
May 15, 2018 2:27 PM

May 2015
Pretentious Eva fan base.

People saying Darling in the FRANXX, but I feel like that's only cause it's what's hot right now, the hype will die once it's finished, just like with many other shows.
May 15, 2018 2:51 PM

Apr 2016
I'm pretty sure i already answered this question this week OP, but thank you for asking again.
May 15, 2018 5:18 PM

Nov 2013
All. People take their anime so seriously you get death threats if you don't love their favourite anime as much as them. They treat their anime as an extension of themselves and an insult to their anime is an insult to them.
May 15, 2018 5:43 PM

Apr 2017
darling in the franxx because of ichigo incident, somehow clannad fans also irritate me sometimes (although i like clannad) because some act like clannad:as is the only thing that will ever make u cry

Kiibean said:
Strange picks, I know:

i mean, you really thought they were serious? thats even funnier for obviously everyone else

still life: pink roses
May 15, 2018 5:45 PM

May 2012
Darling in the Franxx has a good fan base wtf? I know many of them who have read Hegel.

On topic, legends of the galactic heroes and texhnolyze. Fucking plebs.
May 15, 2018 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Gonna go with the fans of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

They're all like "It was so touching," or "it had such beautiful sentiment." "It really made me appreciate life." "The ghost made me cry."

All while somehow not realizing it was authored by someone with the hammiest fists and a sub-Forest Gump level IQ.
May 15, 2018 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Darling in the FranXX actually has the worst fanbase, and some fans will attack you on a personal level if you insult their precious.
May 15, 2018 6:41 PM

Aug 2015
How has no one mentioned Fate? They are the most obnoxious fanbase by miles.
May 15, 2018 6:49 PM

Sep 2014
Filirican28 said:
Kiibean said:
Strange picks, I know:

If that doesn't count, the Pokemon animes fanbase is shit. The show gets better animation and everyone complains? Like I don't watch Pokemon anymore, but it's just everywhere "haha funny screenshot of Ash's fucked up face, aren't I the pinnacle of comedy?".

lmao yea I agree with Pokemon like especially all the gen 1ers who complain about no Brock and Misty still but yet it seems like they just still continue to watch it just to talk shit about it

Gen 1 was the worst gen of Pokemon. Ash's goal was to catch all the pokemon and to win the league and he did neither in over 200 episodes. All the episodes were almost identical it was so boring. It's like these people only watched the first 8 episodes or they forgot about the rest because that season was actually terrible. Gen 7 is so much better in every way possible both in the game and the anime, but these idiots keep saying gen 1 is the only good pokemon. No, it was good as a kid since we had almost no standard before, but actually it's completely awful.
May 15, 2018 6:54 PM

Sep 2017
-Gintama fanbase
-Any dark and edgy shounen fanbase(Fma(2003) ,HxH,Shingekin,those ones seem to genuinely believe that they're not watching a shounen for some reason beyond my human compression)
-Fate fanbase(By far the most fanboy fanbase that I've seen in my life,those dudes seem to have a boner with everything that have fate on its name)
-Legend of galactic heroes fanbase.
-Texhnolyze Fanbase.
May 15, 2018 6:59 PM

Nov 2017
Any anime fanbase that sends death threats to mangaka, staffs, etc just because of petty reasons, as if they're the owners of the characters in the series.
They're the real cancer to the community --- give people an impression of anime fans being aggressive, uncool, immature.

Fucking plebs.

Fanboyism is okay, because that's normal ffs.
May 15, 2018 7:03 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
All these people saying Darling in the FranXX are making me really glad that I'm not up to date with the show. I suppose falling behind sometimes has its benefits.

OT: I'm not saying it's the worst fandom, but Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler has had its share of cancerous fujoshi who give the show a bad rep. I've been trying to fight that rep, but... sometimes I wonder if I'm getting anywhere.

Also people who complain after Death Note episode 25 (Should I call them first-part Death Note purists?). It's fair if you thought the second part was sub-par, but I've heard so many people complain so much about it, it's gotten really old, really fast.
OfDeathandLoveMay 15, 2018 7:06 PM

May 15, 2018 7:05 PM

Jun 2013
One Piece. They really think One Piece is the GOAT manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2018 7:09 PM

Aug 2016
Most (if not all) shonen series, and Darling In the FranXX
May 15, 2018 7:10 PM

Dec 2016
The Hunter x Hunter (2011) one, its fanbase never fails to be very irritating, you just can't hold any type of discussion with them, for them the show is this kind of immaculate production that can't be compared to anything else, that can't be object of any type of criticism, a show that is absolutely impossible for any human being to dislike whatsoever, and if you do....you are just an immature, ignorant, shit-taste hater. I mean...just look the reviews section of this site....EVERY time a review of the show with an overall score under 7 that speaks negatively about it to some degree pops-up, the fans never fail to make sure the criminal user who dared to make that (obviously shitty) review receives this landslide of hostile comments in his/her profile.

And also...don't you dare to claim that you found the first version (1999) to be better, you will be immediately tagged as an ignorant nostalfag and they will make sure you pay with your soul for saying that unforgivable blasphemy.
SoldierDreamMay 15, 2018 7:14 PM
May 15, 2018 7:11 PM

Dec 2011
So many people saying Darling in the Franxx.
I think I ll get it from my on hold list and watch it finally.
Usually I love anime with a toxic fan base like Sword Art Online, Naruto and Evangelion.
May 15, 2018 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
Glenfinnan said:
The Hunter x Hunter (2011) one, its fanbase never fails to be very irritating, you just can't hold any type of discussion with them, for them the show is this kind of immaculate production that can't be compared to anything else, that can't be object of any type of criticism, a show that is absolutely impossible for any human being to dislike whatsoever, and if you do....you are just an immature, ignorant, shit-taste hater. I mean...just look the reviews section of this site....EVERY time a review of the show with an overall score under 7 that speaks negatively about it to some degree pops-up, the fans never fail to make sure the criminal user who dared to make that (obviously shitty) review receives this landslide of hostile comments in his/her profile.

And also...don't you dare to claim that you found the first version (1999) to be better, you will be immediately tagged as an ignorant nostalfag and they will make sure you pay with your soul for saying that unforgivable blasphemy.

So true, every time I say something negative about that show or even just by pointing out that it's not a seinen, there's always at least one person calling me a retard or other insults. It's a good thing that I don't care, but it's still really annoying.

I'm a huge One Piece fan, but I never insulted anyone because he disliked One Piece. I think that if you like a show, you should accept the show for what it is and that not everyone is going to like it as much as you.
May 15, 2018 10:51 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty sure this thread is going to get deleted soon, but I guess I'll chime in. Just a disclaimer that most of these are rumors that I hear about. I don't really like generalizing fanbases, but lets begin. I also would like to point out that I like most, if not all of the anime listed below, just to emphasize that I don't come from a hating perspective and that it's not the anime that's elitist/pretentious, but the fanbase that is.

Tokyo Ghoul - (This one comes from experience) Yeah, this one is obviously a shitstorm. Manga elitists vs clueless anime-onlies constantly arguing and pointing fingers at each other. There is also that group of fujoshis that threatened Ishida just because he broke one of their ships.

Berserk - (Again, experience) Ever since the 2016/17 animes, this one was always a shitstorm. Elitists all over the damn place as well.

NGE, LOGH, Cowboy Bebop - I keep hearing that these are known for having elitists.

DitF - This one should be obvious

Re:Zero - this one should also be obvious

Fate - (Again, from experience) This one is also filled with fanboys who can't really take criticism. Also, anime vs VN debates that I have seen on reddit and this site are pretty damn cancer, NGL.

TMoHS - Haruhiism. Heard some horror stories...

Gintama - can't take criticism. Also pulls out the score card a lot.

OPM - Constantly arguing with the DBZ community on who is stronger, as if it were a pissing contest.

DBZ - refer to OPM, but now add Superman vs Goku into the mix and you have a debate that people are STILL arguing about even to this day

Yu-Gi-Oh - Was always a shitstorm ever since ZEXAL (maybe even 5D's). Filled with "nostalgiafags" (which was thrown a lot while I was part of it) who constantly bash anyone who likes the seasons after Duel Monsters.

SAO - here you have the biggest fanboying in the world vs the biggest hate train in the world. Unstoppable force vs Immovable object

Naruto - "Who would win" debates are a special type of cancer in any shounen fanbase

BNHA - (This one not as much) Wow, people get pretty defensive when they hear criticism towards the anime. Just go on any review that scores it less than a 5 and you'll see hoards of fans attacking the person who wrote the review.
Imperio_nMay 17, 2018 11:33 AM
May 15, 2018 11:01 PM

Jun 2017
Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan imo.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 15, 2018 11:08 PM

Jun 2017
Hate threads are overrated , tired of it.

May 16, 2018 12:02 AM

Mar 2012
My answer is always Kyo Kara Maoh. Takabayashi Tomo needs to take a few lessons from Ishidia Sui on how not to be a complete wimp or maybe she was just writing all her creepy fantasies all along like the fans suggest and her interviews were nothing more than lies.
May 16, 2018 12:08 AM

Aug 2015
Love Live! Fanbases is the worst..
The worst part of it is because I'm one of them, and ironically enjoyed being a part of it.

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 16, 2018 1:07 AM
Aug 2016
Nothing will ever compare to the cancer that was produced by the big 3 fans clashing over each others back in the day.
May 16, 2018 2:27 AM
Apr 2018
Evangelion
So many pretentious elitist people.
Also you can found those in Fate/Zero; Cowboy Beebop; Mushishi; FMAB; Serial Experiment Lain; maybe TTGL.
They tend to be stupids who watch like 500 animes but they only likes 5 and enjoy 10. Idk maybe have a complex that makes them believe they are critical.
They are dedicated to throwing shit to everything.
I mean come on, why would you be so stupid as to waste your time watching so many animes if you force yourself to hate them anyway?
They haven't the "enjoy sensor" anymore.
Sorry for my english
May 16, 2018 2:38 AM
Sep 2011
Special mentions go to
1) The Gundam fan-base, for being unwilling to acknowledge how lackluster later entries became due to a. the black-hole depression of Tomino and b.his later replacement by generic shonen-style writers.

2) The Berserk fan-base for excusing poor story-telling in later arcs with really mediocre villains across the board.

But the big one, as others have already mentioned, is the Fate fan-base, both for shitting on other TYPE-MOON franchises regularly, and for being the most insufferable in anime fandom when it comes to "best girl" fights and arguments. Neither Saber or Rin really exist, people, and it's a bit over the line to tell individuals who prefer another to 1) get cancer 2) kill themselves.
May 16, 2018 5:08 AM

Jul 2013
Manaban said:
The Eiken fanbase is full of psuedo-intellectual elitists who grasp for symbolism that isn't there and look down on all other forms of entertainment
I don't think they are as bad as the Mayoiga fanbase, though. That's elitism as its finest.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

28 by Punkero »»
2 minutes ago

» Has there been an anime fanbase that hyped up their anime so much that you were turned off from watching it?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

11 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 50 minutes ago

8 by traed »»
3 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

50 by luckyrune »»
15 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 16 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.