Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, we finally got a new OP song. Personally, I think the first half's better.

Kouka is still pretty conscious about her role this arc. Honestly, I think she's too much of a daredevil. She's like a rebel in this story. I have to admit though, she's got guts and literally not afraid anything.

May 4, 2018 10:35 AM
Apr 2014
recap ep next week
May 4, 2018 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Kouka was quite brave, but also stupid, in this episode. She put up a good fight. I will definitely forget about of her, and everyone else, once this show ends. Another recap episode next week smh.
May 4, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
The OP song is mediocre but the visuals were awesome. Kinda reminded me of the Darling in the FranXX opening a bit with the namedrops in the OP.

The episode was average. Kouka was the best character among everyone in Beatless and she shined today but kinda looked dumb too.

FUCK. THE. FUCKING. RECAPS. I'm sick of it now...
May 4, 2018 11:31 AM

Jan 2017
Is anyone else confused/or does anyone else have any information regarding that it said it was going to be Intermission (recap) episode 03 next week?

I was under the impression that we've already had (3) recaps and that it should be Intermission Episode 04 next week. Or am I missing something? Because I've definitely already watched three recaps, and I'm not counting the week they just said fuck it and didn't have an episode 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Intermission 03 (airs May 4th) announcement: https://twitter.com/BEATLESS_info/status/975661620910211072 - posted March 19th, 2018
Intermission 04 (airs June 8th) announcement: https://twitter.com/BEATLESS_info/status/991873260894605312 - posted May 2nd, 2018

^^This was the original schedule, but after the Intermission 03 announcement was posted - sometime in mid-April, there was a week delay/pushback on April 20th with no episode that week, and technically today was supposed to have had the Intermission 03 air from the original post, but because of the pushback it is now May 11th.

HOWEVER - Intermission 03 (Episode 12.5) is already available on Nyaa in RAW form, and has been since April 21st. That's why I've already seen it. I got it now. I knew I'd seen Intermission 01 (Episode 5.5) and Intermission 02 (Episode 9.5), and I thought I had seen Intermission 03, so I just wanted to confirm I wasn't crazy. Hope this helps clear up the confusion.
J_LEE_CMay 4, 2018 11:42 AM

May 4, 2018 11:33 AM

Nov 2016
Op wasn't bad.

Joe88 said:
recap ep next week

Oh boi...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2018 11:37 AM

Dec 2010
Don't get Kouka actions at all, fighting the society but killing herself to be remembered as a great hero? But damn kouka was a great character, very sad with this resolution. T_T
May 4, 2018 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Kouka...

I don't like the new opening and ending at all, not because of the song but because of the visuals, there is not even one new scene in the opening and the ending is just mediocre, boring. The first-half pair was definitely better.

I liked the music placements this episode, it was pretty good.

3/5 Another recap next week, can't fucking wait.
May 4, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2010
MrMushin said:
Kouka...

I don't like the new opening and ending at all, not because of the song but because of the visuals, there is not even one new scene in the opening and the ending is just mediocre, boring. The first-half pair was definitely better.

I don't like the OP/ED either. Visuals feel super lazy.. They didn't even bother changing around the text in the OP even though there should be plenty to work with that would've worked well.

At least with the timing of OP/ED change, it seems more likely that all 24 episodes + 5-7(?) intermissions/specials will actually all get broadcast. I am wondering how the intermissions will get dealt with on BD release though since I don't believe that they were listed with the contents of the 4x planned boxsets.

Do you guys think they'll be tossed into the boxsets or end up with their own disc?

I might've been slightly off w/ my prior prediction..
May 4, 2018 12:03 PM
Mar 2018
deadman80 said:
MrMushin said:
Kouka...

I don't like the OP/ED either. Visuals feel super lazy.. They didn't even bother changing around the text in the OP even though there should be plenty to work with that would've worked well.

At least with the timing of OP/ED change, it seems more likely that all 24 episodes + 5-7(?) intermissions/specials will actually all get broadcast. I am wondering how the intermissions will get dealt with on BD release though since I don't believe that they were listed with the contents of the 4x planned boxsets.

Do you guys think they'll be tossed into the boxsets or end up with their own disc?

I might've been slightly off w/ my prior prediction..

May 4, 2018 12:09 PM

Mar 2010
@SNDT: Are you basing this (and other declarations) on having read the novel?
May 4, 2018 12:12 PM
Mar 2018
deadman80 said:
@SNDT: Are you basing this (and other declarations) on having read the novel?

There is a LN thread on animesuki with spoilers.
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=150496
May 4, 2018 12:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a very spy like meeting between Kouka and Lacia there. Hmm the new opening and ending themes are pretty good. Higgins is the ultimate rule for HIE's huh. Wow to think that Kouka would use the camera's to showcase her abilities to the world though. By doing so this will ensure that humans realise that it is not HIE's that define the future but them. But choosing to go out with such a final fight though was shall we say very much like her personality. The PMC that Kouka faced sure was well equipped.
RIP Kouka you were a badass to the very end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2018 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
Why Kouka was destroyed??? She was the best character oft he show.. :( The new OP and ED are not so good...
BTW At the beginning of the ep Kouka is wearing a hat with X Japan???

So next week we have another recap..YAY...

May 4, 2018 1:17 PM
Mar 2018
joshua10red said:

So next week we have another recap..YAY...

And another one https://twitter.com/BEATLESS_info/status/991873260894605312

June 8

xD
May 4, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2015
This show was 90% garbage and 10% Kouka. Now we are reaching trashlevels with this anime nothing should ever reach.
May 4, 2018 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Korawaki said:
This show was 90% garbage and 10% Kouka. Now we are reaching trashlevels with this anime nothing should ever reach.

They killed the only good thing about this show. *sigh*
May 4, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
RIP Kouka. Was a pretty epic way to go out, and she certainly got her point across. Can't wait for recap number 3!!
May 4, 2018 3:03 PM

Feb 2015
I'm not even sure what this show is trying to achieve anymore. I'm not sure the writers know either. It's a mess of technobable and random ideas tied together with the odd action scene. Kouka was a cool character but utterly wasted.

I like the new OP and ED. And one a final note fuck you Diomedia and your shitty recaps. Utter shit tier studio that can't handle a double cour show.
CrashmattMay 5, 2018 12:05 AM
May 4, 2018 3:17 PM

Dec 2016
Ah there's the new opening I was waiting for, nothing special but it's something I guess.

Kouka is the perfect person for terrorism and destruction.

Mikoto died again.

Damn Kouka died, I will miss her. Blaze of glory? Either way she seemed to go out on her own terms.

Nice new ending we got.
May 4, 2018 3:26 PM

Sep 2016
Yeah if Mizushima had a better team and production under his wing(like a PA Works or A-1) this could have been way better, or heck they should have made this a split cour. About the OP, its amazing and i like TrySail so its a win for me. OP was done by flapper 3.

https://www.flapper3.co.jp/

The visuals are amazing but they recycled some bits from the old OP
PolarCyrus97May 4, 2018 3:34 PM
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 4, 2018 3:29 PM
Mar 2018
I can imagine how many people will be disappointed with story ending lul
May 4, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2016
Kouka :( Death flags were planted in the last episode so yeah..i cry

never forget

idontfeelsogood.jpg
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 4, 2018 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
RIP Kouka. You were the ONLY thing that was good about this show, to be honest.

New OP was amazing. New ED was...ehhh, for the most part.

A BIG "Fuck you" to Diomedia and their almost bi-weekly INTERMISSION EPISODES, though.

Will still continue to watch this until the end, however, even though I'm starting to wish I dropped it after the first few episodes. Ugh. ><
May 4, 2018 3:53 PM
Jan 2017
Apparently, all Kouka ever wanted was to be remembered but she, as a character, didn't develop that much or interact with anyone, except with Kengo, and their interactions were conflictive and adversarial more than anything and it's only in their final conversation that they acknowledge each other as equals. Still, it's nice of him to think fondly of her as she dies. The problem with this episode is that it tries to rationalize too much what is happening and that, combined with Kouka's lack of meaningful character development, lessened any emotional impact her death might have. This show is trying to come off as very philosophical at times, but instead comes up short. This episode majorly violates the "show, don't tell" rule and that's a problem that show has had as a whole, albeit not to this extent.
May 4, 2018 3:55 PM

Jun 2017
New OP and ED were alright visually for me (although still very lazy with 500x reused scenes) but the songs themselves were pretty mediocre and not memorable or anything.

What was the point of the whole Mikoto arc if she just gets rebuilt every time lmao. Also, there is no point in destroying physical servers when they have everything backed up in clouds...

Hey, at least Kouka going on a solo suicide rush was a nice twist, it also proves that Kengo has some brains since he didn't become her owner, karma still got him tho XD.

Recap next week..............fuck.
May 4, 2018 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
The show's such a mess. Exactly what Kouka did fight for?
May 4, 2018 5:49 PM

Nov 2009
new OP felt more fitting of a cute girls doing cute things show

I mean I'd watch a cute chibi hIEs do cute things show, but I'd rather watch them blow stuff up (they should really do more of this)
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
May 4, 2018 5:54 PM
Jun 2016
the animation quality seems to have gone down but it's still looks ok. Do robots ever really die in this?
May 4, 2018 7:01 PM

Jan 2017
There was a new OP and ED, I prefer the ED this time.

Honestly, this anime doesn't stand out whatsoever; if I look back to this season of anime, 'beatess' will have been massively overshadowed by 'Darling in the FranXX'

Usually I like deaths in any entertainment... It adds a sense of realism -and obviously anime notwithstanding- but Beatless, has an intermission every two episodes (the third intermission is next week everybody. Yay😐.) even though there's nothing to explain 'cause they haven't even built a solid story.
Legit, storyboard was probably like:
"Ooh, EX Machina and PLASMEMO were great stories.. ah nāro hodō let's create an AI-human love story. But put some big guns and talk about crazy stuff so it seems original."

So, what I'm trying to get at is that what the story has presented so far hasn't justified the death of Kouka (of whom could've only died in physical form as they're really just a bunch of data); and yes, even if they try to show some elaborate grand scheme of things afterwards doesn't make it a justified action since they had not gotten anywhere prior to this for Kouka's death to be a stepping stone going forward.

Anyway, let's look forward to next week... Oh wait, next week's an intermission, see ya in two weeks!

May 4, 2018 7:25 PM

Dec 2017
can somebody spoil me already what's the big deal with lacia, 'cause this back and forth stuff is making me nuts. slow as fuck and intermissions every 5 episodes, god what a disappointment
May 4, 2018 7:52 PM

Jan 2018
Kouka's last words will be remembered by all of us,even though we all didn't understand the "frame" part....

Quick Question:How many of you all want to lynch Ryo?????
May 4, 2018 7:56 PM

Dec 2017
4 intermissions + 1 empty week huh.

At this rate the show won't finish until the middle of summer season. Ouch.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 4, 2018 8:32 PM
Mar 2018
AditOTAKU666 said:
Kouka's last words will be remembered by all of us,even though we all didn't understand the "frame" part....

He is annoying but it's just because of trash adaptation. They decided we don't have to know characters motives. Arato is much worse. Spineless imbicile, brainwashed by robot... Can't remember more miserable MC.
May 4, 2018 8:36 PM

Jan 2018
SNDT said:
AditOTAKU666 said:

He is annoying but it's just because of trash adaptation. They decided we don't have to know characters motives. Arato is much worse. Spineless imbicile, brainwashed by robot... Can't remember more miserable MC.

It's true,I'm sure that this anime's going to have a "I'm sorry,I used you Arato-san" episode.I'm already holding a bet with some of my friends on this.
And as for Arato,you're right.He's spineless as hell,and always goes along with what Lacia says.......
May 4, 2018 10:19 PM
Dec 2013
Why one season of anime has 3 intermissions?? This is a DDDDRRRRAAAAAAGGGGG....
May 4, 2018 11:04 PM

May 2017
You should've made her your owner you stupid glasses boy, anyway it's funny how people think Kouka is dead just like that, a huge hole in the body doesn't convince me one bit lol nice try japan
May 4, 2018 11:50 PM

Jan 2015
Gotta say, I really dug the 1980s, atmospheric incidental music that played through the entirety of Kouka's seeming endgame routine... But, ever since Erica Burrows had everybody over for their 'What does the future hold?' discussion, amidst so many intermission episodes, I almost feel like I'm watching a different show, now. The feel of it is different, but Kouka's character design and motives seemed to shift, too. And, I feel like I missed something, somewhere. Dunno, maybe it's just me.
sXebluesMay 5, 2018 12:13 AM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 5, 2018 12:14 AM

Jan 2018
OP was good ED meh what's with the beach in both Endings
What is Lacia?
After credit scene servers,building,neural network,eyes,siren what does it mean anyone pls
May 5, 2018 12:38 AM

Feb 2015
How goddamn awful a show do you have to be to have 3 recap episodes in 24 episodes. It's like one every 5 episodes at this point. Good lord.
May 5, 2018 12:57 AM
Mar 2018
ArjunAugusto said:
What is Lacia?
After credit scene servers,building,neural network,eyes,siren what does it mean anyone pls

May 5, 2018 2:09 AM

Jun 2017
Okay this is the time for me to drop this show and MAYBE pick it up after its finished...
I'm so sick of those intermissions.

This episode was a good one, with good action. but the rest... became dull and boring. And the intermissions do the rest.

:c sad
May 5, 2018 4:27 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaaaaaand... Another recap next week. Just WTF.

May 5, 2018 8:17 AM
Nov 2017
Avus said:
Why one season of anime has 3 intermissions?? This is a DDDDRRRRAAAAAAGGGGG....
Four.
There's another recap already scheduled for June 8th.
May 5, 2018 10:15 AM
Apr 2016
I'd like to know how are they gonna manage to finish this anime before the summer season starts? Are they just gonna cut out the last 4 epsiodes and not even bother to finish this? Honestly, all these stupid recaps are making ppl hate the anime since it's just interrupting the flow of the story.
May 5, 2018 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
I never really liked Kouka but damn sh made a good big scene before going down
May 5, 2018 12:05 PM
Mar 2016
Man, I can't believe that Endo is that stupid of not understanding the principles of AASC early on before meeting Lacia...which brings us to as to wtf is Kouka thinking for running amok like that and at the same time crowdsourcing as to what she'll do next?

So is Kouka dead or what?
May 5, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2018
Whoahoho said:
Man, I can't believe that Endo is that stupid of not understanding the principles of AASC early on before meeting Lacia...which brings us to as to wtf is Kouka thinking for running amok like that and at the same time crowdsourcing as to what she'll do next?

So is Kouka dead or what?

It was a message for people to wake up and take control of their lives, to create their own future and don't give that task to AI, to start question the
necessity of society automation. It was her purpose, the meaning of existence.
May 5, 2018 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Another intermission? I concede the animation quality is very nice, but that can't possibly justify all these gaps, right?

Also, fine episode I guess. At least now we have some more background to the characters' motivations. Last scene with Lacia may very well show that she's the only one connected to/with similar capacity to Higgins. We've seen a lot of times where her eyes get zoomed in and this has to be a sign.
May 5, 2018 6:51 PM

Jan 2018
SNDT said:
ArjunAugusto said:
What is Lacia?

Is there a translated version of the novel anywhere
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.