Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
May 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, they couldn't even go a full episode without being with each other lol. I'm very happy for their reunion, but not gonna lie, it was kinda cringe when they were just screaming each other's names, and the whole "I love you" thing. It's quite different than that usual cold aura/vibe we get from Zero Two most of the time. Like in the past episodes, whenever she talked about how Hiro is her darling and what not, she still had this really cool aura she gave off, but now, the only sort of vibe I got from her was just pure innocence, so it caught me off guard. Nonetheless, I'm glad they are back together.

caught in the wonder
May 8, 2018 10:44 PM

Apr 2014
an amazing follow up from the last 2 ep, amazing battle and the transformation reminded me of kill la kill as in it was super similar the mostions and all and yeah i know made by same people but yeah, also goro once again shows why he's awesome

but this was a great end to the first half of the series so now to wonder whats gonna happen next even deeper secrets like the cores and people in them im guessing those are the people that disappear gets turned into them or something

anyway love this series i can already tell the second half is about to be crazy
DazeFireMay 8, 2018 10:51 PM
"one step at a time"
May 10, 2018 2:58 PM

Nov 2017
Ichigo finally let Zero Two have Hiro, excellent episode. Curious to see what’s brewing with Papa and how he sacrificed a whole plantation, and the inside of a core looking like a person, Series is getting extremely good!
May 17, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2017
After the shitstorm ]this episode was WELL handled..
May 25, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
I like Zero Two when she's actually being helpful.
May 25, 2018 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
Felt like I missed an episode. Ep 14 gave me depression so I expected at least 1 ep with them sepparated and only in ep 16 or so reunited. This caught me off guard. Still happy though. Hiro loves his kiss of death, hope he'll get the sexx of death too.
Aug 8, 2018 9:44 PM

May 2012
Epic episode and reunion, really strong character development and action in general! One thing really stuck to me and I was already wondering, are the enemies they're fighting human made, aliens or what are their origins exact?

Especially when that core cracked open and that they found a human like form inside that really got me thinking. And I do just wonder if this isn't just a global war they're fighting with their own advanced technology? Well looking forwards to see what's next.
Aug 11, 2018 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
Okay. So, how was the entire fight inside of their home plantation the least tense moment of the whole episode? Oh yeah, because they've never given us a reason to care about this place in particular, or any place for that matter. On top of that, the whole team is just chit chatting and sitting still for extended periods while they shuffle pilots. They talk about how they've never killed this many Klaxosaurs before, but it doesn't feel like it's really a life or death scenario, especially without any music that could otherwise help set the tone. I guess this is a more "artsy"episode?

I'm a huge fan of shows that play their theme songs during epic moments, so this should have been the most bombastic one I've witnessed so far... But it wasn't. I'm a stickler for watching openings and endings so I can associate those songs with the feelings I get from the show, but when I can only associate the song with hating myself for watching the series, it really just drives home how even this action climax doesn't do anything fo rme.

At least the big hand was gnarly.
Aug 30, 2018 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
Ichigo's mecha can regen? Ok then....

I mean, this was ok and all, but its kinda funny that this group is pretty much responsible for the countless off screen deaths that occurred in this episode by keeping Hiro and Zero Two from making up last episode.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 3, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
YESSSSS!!!! FINALLY!!! [b]HIRO & ZERO 2 ARE NOW TRULY AND LITERALLY REUNITED!!![//b]

From the increasing desperation, both of them have as the battle rages on... Until when Hiro's determination pushes himself to meet Zero 2 no matter what. Followed by them both finally confesses what they think of each other and how they felt towards each other. FUCKING AMAZING!!! The voice acting when Hiro and Zero 2 reunited in Strelizia is goddamn beautifully realistic! That just makes that scene more emotional!

To top all of this off, their new majestic red Strelizia literally obliterate the whole of this scrubs' nest and the action scenes with the vast difference of scale between the already huge FranXX and the big ass klaxosaur, all of this makes an awesome action scene.

Respect for my man Goro for stopping Bitchigo from stopping Hiro to meet Zero 2. On the other hand... Do you listen to that huh, Bitchigo? Hiro and Zero 2 has confessed their love and everyone knows now! You're in no place suitable to be his lover beside being a close friend, so STFU! Though at least you're happy for them both.

The elites are REVERSE PILOTING!?
ShadowkillZOct 3, 2018 3:13 PM
Oct 18, 2018 3:28 AM
Jun 2017
Hey guys I have a question though, I watched Darling in the Franxx on a website called otakustream.com, it has episode 15.5 and episode 15, so is this episode too long so they broke it apart or what?
Nov 2, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
why oh why did she eat the book
Nov 3, 2018 3:11 AM
May 2016
iiKrina said:
It was a way to not lose her precious memories. It something that had to do with her kind but never explained
Nov 3, 2018 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
jkazuHako02Mar said:
iiKrina said:
It was a way to not lose her precious memories. It something that had to do with her kind but never explained

nothing is ever explained in this goddamn show
Nov 3, 2018 9:52 AM
May 2016
iiKrina said:
jkazuHako02Mar said:

nothing is ever explained in this goddamn show
Because the writers did not care. They said in some interviews that only cared to talk about breeding to tha japanese audience. Thats why the focus so much about it in the second half.
Nov 14, 2018 3:39 AM

Jun 2012
Within the context of this series this episode was pretty impressive. I still can't help but feel Hiro & Zero Two don't really love each other, but that their own existence depends on the other.

Dec 25, 2018 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
zero two is pretty cool when she isnt acting like a monster
Jan 31, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know how I feel about this series.

It's not bad and pretty watchable, but I don't think it's that interesting. I love the presentation of it so far (art, animation, action scenes), but the writing is just a bit cheesy. I heard people say this is a polarizing show, but to me, it's just sort of a generic mecha/romance series with good production values.

I guess I'll keep watching it, but I don't know. I feel mixed about it...maybe I am finding it polarizing after all, haha.
Aug 19, 2019 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it was like: "Oh no, people hated our last episode so we need to rehabilitate with some romantic positive in next one!". Pretty pathetic way of direction when episodes changing mood so fast, like it wasn't enough to change a style of anime every 6 episodes. We had here two destroyed cities and platoon of kamikaze but no one cares about it since main focus was on "lovely birds" TM: typical thot "she had a bad past, really" and mister "Remember nothing... Oh, now I remembered, wait a minute, you became a real monster, Zero Two!" It feels like this anime was made by some amateurs (maybe it really was a second tier anime team full of novices behind a big name of studio).
Nov 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Sep 2013
retracts fodder comment
drops arrogance
confession
kiss

10/10 romance
Mar 30, 2020 8:50 PM

Aug 2019
ok now that, that was fucking beautiful. I honestly don't know if it was because of how amazing Hiro and Zero Two's reunion was, or how they finally got to talk after having their memory share either way that was so beautifully well done and executed. There confession they had inside Strelizia was very heart warming and probably the ice breaker for me, there was some sort of relieving factor that the two are finally together and that (for me) was because we now understand how much they both changed after meeting one another and pretty much understood what each other meant to them.
but real mvp here is Goro, finally snapped and put some sense into ichigo before she literally killed someone with nothing but her shit character development
Apr 22, 2020 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
Well good to see that they got back together, seems like even Ichigo will accept it now. Wonder if Goro has any chance now.
May 5, 2020 4:25 AM

Feb 2018
Time to Hiro show up...
May 13, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
Classic, a protocol that involves blowing themselves up for "the greater good"
Disposable like they've made clear so many times before :/
I like that some of the FranXX pairs switched up places though.

So we were right, humans ARE Klaxosaurs, this is what happened to Zero Two aswell most likely.
She got extracted from the core of a Klaxosaur and was raised to be human like like shown to us before.

This was a beautiful episode, satisfying af to watch!
Seeing Hiro and Zero Two get back together into their confession and the new form of their FranXX
Jun 6, 2020 1:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a fantastic episode, absolutely redeeming episode 14 that came before it.
I wonder what's the deal with the giant hand ta the end.
Jul 6, 2020 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
This would be a great episode if it wasn't built on the absolute shit episode that was the previous one. Therefore I just can't give any praise here as the problem that needed this joyous resolution should never have occurred in the first place.

I do wonder if now the team will start to question the actions of the "adults" after what they've witnessed. I doubt it but maybe.
Jul 19, 2020 11:46 PM
Jun 2020
Zero two! Darling! Zero two! Darling! Darling! Darling! Darling!

This felt different o.o

Anyway, best ep for me so far!!! really enjoyed this one
Jul 26, 2020 9:39 AM

Jun 2020
WOW.....

what a beautiful & epic love they have i cried watching that last bit, it evoked many emotions.

another great episode ♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 9, 2020 3:10 AM

Feb 2020
Dang it this show is driving me mad. I don't dislike it, really not, but it's driving me mad nonetheless.
At first it was cheesy and all but it had some kind of simplicity that made me have sympathy for it. But now it is becoming pretentious.

First of all, why do they feel the need to use the typical imagery from "psychological" shows, like the characters' thoughts appearing randomly on the screen with stuff like "Who am I" ? Come on, even in a psychological show it comes off as pretentious, so here I don't see how it could've worked. It just makes it look like we're dumb and incapable of understanding what are the characters thinking.
And honestly, since when is this show a psychological one ? Since when did it decide it had enough legitimacy to be one ? Like, who do these guys think they are ?

Because what makes it ridiculous is how all the "psychological" stuff is actually just cheesy drama in a shiny package.
It is pretty clear that all these guys are doing is taking stuff from other shows, shows that actually are psychological ones, and then mix it all, but actually have no idea of how psychology really works. I mean, just look at Zero Two's arc. On paper, it is a good one. But what it really is is just a mix of other, better arcs, with an attempt to make it look deep when it really isn't because those guys are just mimicking other shows without actually knowing what they're doing. Seriously though. "Don't look at me ! Aren't you afraid of me ? I'm a monster !" That's so easy. That's so easy to use those lines because it can always work. It can always sound like it's deep, and like the character is super complex and tragic. But in order to make a real complex and tragic character, you have to give them a real psychology and a real personality, not just throw in all those prefabricated lines. Come on, even Disney did it better with Frozen, and I'm not a Frozen fan.

Plus, I mean, is that really how this "Zero Two is going wild" arc ends ? We got like, 4 episodes showing Zero Two gradually going insane for we don't really know which reason (yes I know the reason the show is trying to give, but it doesn't explain everything, far from it), going even more insane due to Hiro being separated from her (which actually could've made for a great arc), and then calming down because Hiro is back and now since they're together there's no issue whatsoever ? ARE THEY KIDDING ME ?! I put my trust in them and they just shattered it to the ground, just like that, these monsters... No but seriously, I feel cheated on.

Plus, can we just talk about this message for one second ? Basically, it's telling us to cling onto someone else instead of trying to discover ourselves as individuals. What a good message, so inspiring ! Eh eh...
And I really could write pages and pages to explain why I am so mad at Zero Two's arc but I don't wanna spoil you guys' fun so I'm just gonna shut up.
I hope the last 9 episodes will be good...
Oct 5, 2020 12:10 PM
Aug 2020
The action was pretty cool in THIS episode.
Oct 9, 2020 11:32 PM

Aug 2018
This is really starting to make my head hurt.... in a good way.
The whole romance situation in this anime is just sad, very few of the characters will get who they want, and have to see another member of the squad with the person they are in love with.

This episode itself was beyond amazing, Hiro and Zero 2 are cute af together and are the best partners. I feel really bad for Ichigo but I feel even more bad for Goro.

Feb 2, 2021 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Ahhh I'm so glad they resolved last episodes' drama. It was pointless and just to make us angry but oh well. Seems like their dynamic has changed. Hopefully they don't defeat this daddy klauxor (however you are supposed to spell it lmao) the way they've defeated the others ones. Because previously it's been: struggle --> kill monster after resolving issue.
Glad we got more action this episode though! Feel kinda bad for Ichigo but I'm still mad at her from last ep lmao. I can understand from her perspective but it's still annoying ^^
Jun 10, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2021
Well it was an amazing action packed episode! Also Strelizia's red coloured form was pretty cool. Looks like this wasn't the biggest klaxosaur yet. This one was an ant compared to that enormous hand. Also that squad 9 Alpha....why was 'he' in that pistil position?? Also Klaxosaur cores have babies?? Don't tell me that's how babies are born here.

Jun 17, 2021 9:53 PM

Apr 2021
Hiro is finally with Zero Two....They're both so good....They easily took care of that Huge Klaxosaur...
Jun 25, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2020
A very different situation without Zero Two and Hiro piloting Strelitzia

The plantation got infiltrated with klaxosaurs and the defense is pretty bad and it's coming in fast

Ichigo saw what Hiro's memories are and it's full of Zero Two's which she should've expected that and thankfully the two linked together and fought off the invasion, Although what was that giant hand.
Aug 29, 2021 7:23 AM

Feb 2021
Goro is the best one he doesn't even think much just gave hiro his franxx and I feel so bad for ichigo but she also helped hiro to meet zero two . It would be great if ichigo and hiro were together but after seeing their reunion (hiro& 02) and their childhood it felt good

And there is one more thing that's in the middle of fight from the Klaxosaur core there is an human shaped structure is that mean all Klaxosaur's are humans ??
Mar 20, 2022 6:03 AM

Jun 2020
Pretty decent episode.

PS: Goro is one awesome fellow to be honest.
Sep 4, 2022 9:31 PM

Apr 2019
So Hiro and 02 forgot because their memories were erased. Not at all convenient for the script, right? Another rubbish episode, just like all the others.
Sep 13, 2022 4:08 PM
Feb 2022
So I actually watched this anime a year ago but there is something about this episode that makes me happy and I just have to say what..Zero Two isn’t a psycho bitch anymore! and glad to see her getting along with Hiro and not trying to strangle him to death lmfao.
Nov 29, 2022 10:52 PM
Jul 2021
Best eps so far probably
Feb 1, 2023 12:00 PM
Aug 2017
No matter what happens between zero two and Hiro my anger won’t go away until Ichigo dies. Does she really think everything will just go away and people will forget what she has done. She tries to play the victim and says she’ll let zero two “have him”. What the fuck. Hiro was never yours to begin with. In fact he’s no ones property. Hiro and zero two had to go through so much suffering for nothing. If Ichigo just kept her fucking nose out of other peoples business everything could have been avoided. 

I’m happy zero two and Hiro got reunited but they will never forget the pain Ichigo caused them, and I know that I certainly won’t. 

Goro is a true man embodying the bros before hoes. He finally realised Ichigo was a selfish bitch and helped out Hiro. Ichigo only helped after she was forced to by Goro since he wouldn’t pilot and after seeing she wasn’t in Hiros memories. 

Ichigo needs to die alone with no one around her. 

Saw someone else comment this “Guys, even the Japanese Franxx viewers are calling Bitchigo, Bitchigo-chan >> http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/126479
I’m glad to see the Japanese community hate the bitch as well. Fucking bitchigo.

During this episode Ichigo was still a bitch. She holds his hand at the start of the episode. Hiro is left behind unable to pilot or see zero two. How the fuck does Ichigo think this will effect him. After Goro forces Ichigo to deliver Hiro to zero two she even throws a tantrum, crying and slapping at zero two. Just fucking die already. I won’t be at peace until she does. Goro deserves better. 

They should never have made the last episode. If Ichigo never became a bitch everyone would have enjoyed the anime so much more. Personally I would have rated this anime so much higher if bichigo never happened. I read other comments who think the same thing. 
Feb 13, 2023 11:29 AM
Oct 2022
perfection. pure perfection
May 4, 2023 3:29 PM

Dec 2022
The ending to this episode was so cloyingly mushy and sentimental that I think some of my organs were replaced with candy. Doesn't necessarily mean I hate it though, since I think it made everyone get the memo as to what the true pairing is here.

The klaxosaur core looking human isn't something to be glossed over. So many implications there.

Shaded Horizon

May 7, 2023 10:20 PM
Dec 2012
Love this episode. Made me cry
May 17, 2023 9:28 PM
May 2023
It's a good place to end on, or take a break as I've heard it's popular opinion the rest of the episodes are disapointing.
I wish there was more character development and more dialogue between the characters, as in past episodes the characters have huge issues they need to talk out, and it never happens.
This episode felt rushed resolving some of the characters conflicts and would have been more satisfying to watch that play-out in more detail.
Jun 4, 2023 12:23 PM
Jun 2023
My fav episode i love it
Jul 18, 2023 7:35 AM
Jul 2023
insane epic episode 10/10
Jul 21, 2023 6:41 AM
Aug 2022
EFSANE BÖLÜMDÜ! Hiç ayrılmayın, Zero Two ve Hiro.
Jul 31, 2023 6:19 AM
Jul 2023
what the fuck, dude literally just do it so she wouldnt feel bad, LIKE WHAT?!
Sep 29, 2023 9:43 AM

Nov 2010
The Nine's FRANXX look badass and sexy!
The human-looking figures inside the core are an interesting revelation. I wonder what's going on.
That explains why Hiro can't control other Pistils for too long. He can only be 02's pilot ever since he licked her wound.
I wish my blood were blue. It looks less disgusting that way. Haha
Has Ichigo truly given up on Hiro? Ichigo and Gorou are good for each other.
That was a touching reunion between Hiro and 02. Nice KISS of DEATH!
What's up with that bigass hand in the end? I'm intrigued. This reminds me of how things kept getting so big in Gurren Lagann.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
Yesterday, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.