Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2018 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
Didn't expect that Hiro and Zero Two would be back riding together this fast! Ichigo did show us she could be a good girl too. Plus, cool action as usual from Goro.

Good ep with good action which Ive hyped for and also got to see the other Parasites as the '9'(?) I thought a man couldn't be a pistil and turns out they could (?)

SeidouTZ said:
Goro is reaching bro levels never seen!!!

OT: Well that was rather disappointing... It had nice action and resolution sure, but there was no build up to it all. Ichigo just completely give in despite being so overprotective of Hiro last episode, the reunion with 02 as well as hiro realisation was rather soulless, the "your enemy is in fact also human" plotline is nothing particularly new and i doubt they will do much with it, this episode could had been interesting to display of the Nines capabilities but that fell flat... one of the weakess episodes of the series. Also for god sake give Futoshi some other lines that dont revolve around food.

Good point, I couldn't agree more mate. I expected to see Ichigo played a big 'impact' in this ep but unfortunately we didn't see that. I'd say its not perfect but it was not bad too.
gaRdenia6943Apr 23, 2018 8:00 AM
Apr 23, 2018 8:11 AM

Apr 2018
> Hated it
> 36

I honestly don't understand how it's even possible for some people to dislike this episode. And to hate it, really? We have 36 heartless psychopaths right here.
Apr 23, 2018 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
So after 15 episodes all I've seen is teens romance crap and some super sayan hero while nothing is being explained at all and we have no clue what is going on or how they operate or linking or anything.
In conclusion this is just another over hyped show because of the love triangle like it has been with re zero.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 23, 2018 9:15 AM

Sep 2017
The salt is gone.
Finally

ボールルームダンサー
Apr 23, 2018 9:29 AM
Jun 2015
i feel that this episode seemed like it was rushed because of the fanbase's rages, yet the mystery as that big hands emerged from the ground is a big question, and after seeing that human like yellow thingy. there seems to be some kind of plot twist though i cannot word it, i'm looking forward to the next episode.
Signatures only exist
to tell more about yourself.
I decided not to.
It's better to stay void and null
than stay in the cattle's line
and be processed under chains.
Anarchy prevails.
Apr 23, 2018 9:35 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode, equal to episode 13. Lol @ Ichigo. My bro Goro still the best.

No one noticed that Zero Two horn is so big. Holy shit.

Oh and we got another mystery, something in the balls(?) is seems like a human.

The fuck when Strelizia is so OP. lol

Seems like 9'α is not surprised with that big hand.
Apr 23, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Sorry, no idea what's going on anymore :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2018 10:12 AM
Jan 2013
kickmesign said:
Looks like at the end of the episode, Hiro got in the FUCKING robot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol like he got on three when you think about it. He got on the training bot which led him into Ichigo and goro's robot, then into his robot with zero two. Hiro quite literally threw some massive shades on shinji there like a boss XD.
Apr 23, 2018 10:29 AM

Jan 2017
a_new_dawn said:
tambi33 said:

I don't get how I missed that 😅😅

What if they are hermaphrodites? I'm pretty sure that their squad leader was the pistil in it's (citations needed) FranXX. Tho it was never specified if only women could be the pistils.

I decided to check it up again (this episode, as well as the first episode where we saw the NINE's squad together)
At a glance -episode 15- it seems as though the positions were, at the very least, reversed. But checking it again the NINE's are outwardly, considerably androgynous and the gender could only be misleadingly identified through hair styles, expressions, and slight curvatures of their body -all of which cannot be concrete evidence.
So yeah, they just be hermaphrodites, or just as possibly be male-male pilots
In this case, there is new prospects for mitsuru and hiro piloting together; only because I feel that mitsuru had been shot down really badly (I mean, hiro did have his memory erased -including his promise to mitsuru). At least that way, their relationship can be fixed in the best way possible

In any case, I look forward to what the future episodes bring (in terms of clarifying this situation; which could just as well be further teases concerning their identity)
For now though, I wouldn't go as far to say they're are hermaphrodites (I'm assuming you said this in the physical context; as in possessing both male and female sex organs/genitalia because we haven't seen that and the most plausible theory would be that they're androgynous)
hermaphrodite can also refer to stamen and pistils in plants

P.S.
I still feel that the triplets are female, as well as the green haired one.
But heck, it would be good twist to introduce them as an entirely androgynous female or male group
tidoesstuffApr 23, 2018 10:44 AM
Apr 23, 2018 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
wow 02 huge mama appeared. [RUN]
Apr 23, 2018 12:33 PM

Jun 2017
Not mine but I just had to post this XDDDDDDD. (I find it so damn cute.)

Apr 23, 2018 12:44 PM
Apr 2018
Peco-chan said:
> Hated it
> 36

I honestly don't understand how it's even possible for some people to dislike this episode. And to hate it, really? We have 36 heartless psychopaths right here.

If they ship hiro and ichigo its possible
Apr 23, 2018 12:50 PM
Oct 2017
seeing goro care for hiro and 002 makes me like his character way more than ichigo
Apr 23, 2018 2:40 PM

May 2014
MomoSinX said:
Not mine but I just had to post this XDDDDDDD. (I find it so damn cute.)

this is honestly the best thing I've seen today lmao
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Apr 23, 2018 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
While I do like this episode I still can't help but feel Hiro and 02's reunion was rushed and the whole thing was altered in some way. Ichigo just gave up and accepted the truth just like that? I say the staff gave in to the death threats lol
Apr 23, 2018 3:31 PM
Jan 2015
PrimeX said:
While I do like this episode I still can't help but feel Hiro and 02's reunion was rushed and the whole thing was altered in some way. Ichigo just gave up and accepted the truth just like that? I say the staff gave in to the death threats lol
She did get a look into Hiro's mind and all she saw were memories of Zero Two. If that doesn't tell you that you have no chance, then nothing will. Also that's impossible, considering how animating episodes in Japan work, they wouldn't have enough time to change so much in a week.
My Queens

Apr 23, 2018 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
Lovely episode. Did anyone else hear a Tie Fighter sound or something very similar on the 10 minute mark or was it just me?
Apr 23, 2018 4:02 PM
Jan 2018
-Mahesvara said:
PrimeX said:
She did get a look into Hiro's mind and all she saw were memories of Zero Two. If that doesn't tell you that you have no chance, then nothing will. Also that's impossible, considering how animating episodes in Japan work, they wouldn't have enough time to change so much in a week.

Additionally, there was that Q&A on the DitF reddit where a Trigger employee answered the question of "what episode should we look forward to?" They said episode 15.
I really don't think they'd change an episode about halfway through the show just to temporarily appease some fans, I'm pretty sure they just knew episode 15 would satisfy 002xHiro shippers.
I'll find the thread later.
Apr 23, 2018 4:08 PM
Sep 2017
Jonesy974 said:
Well damn, that was a good episode. Completely makes up for how bad last week's was.

Also, I still fucking despise Ichigo. She only caved in when she realized she was utterly defeated between Goro stepping in and seeing how she wasnt in any of Hiro's memories. Notice in the beginning of the episode she's like "dont worry Hiro, I'LL teach you how to pilot again from the ground up"...like that was his fucking problem.

Glad that not only did 002 and Hiro get back together and talk things out, but the ship completely sailed too. And it comes with a new paint job and powerup.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that the klaxosaurs aren't truly evil either. You could see the polar opposites in the way they acted versus Papa and the leaders. Papa suicide bombs an entire plantation full of people, and the other leader has that squad kamikaze themselves. (anyone notice that the guy in that squad with the grey hair was the one from the first cour who was terrified of 002 because his squad worked with her once, and his joint squad with squad 13 got their asses beat? He went full Kaneki then from the stress lol). Meanwhile the klalxosaurs went out of their way, with a big fucking hand, to save that giant ball of cores.

My theory now based off the way the cores almost appeared to be embryos is that the klaxosaurs arent evil now. Those cores that got taken by the hand looked like embryos, and the one that got split open had a very human shaped golden object fall out. Most of the conflict between them and humans seems to stem from whenever the plantations do shit anyway. When they're harvesting magma, or on the move somewhere is when the klaxosaurs react. It's fairly obvious that Papa and the "adults" are the bad guys. I want to guess though that Papa and company are trying to wipe out/ascend humanity in their eyes. Papa mentioned liberating humanity now that they have access to the gate, so we'll see what he means by that. I think they mentioned something about backing up plantation 32 as well, so perhaps his goal is to basically turn all humans into data where they cant be harmed and dont have physical bodies. And doing this also involves destroying the planet for magma as a fuel source.

Meanwhile, perhaps the klaxosaurs are actually trying to breed humans somehow and also trying to stop the plantations from using the magma so it can be habitable, or perhaps the klaxosaurs need the magma as a resource or nutrient to grow humans. I'm 100% convinced they're somehow creating humans since they aren't just out there in the wasteland, and that core definitely had a human inside of it. So it's not like klaxosaurs are eating people. The giant klaxosaur hand also wouldnt need to be so defensive over other low-class klaxosaurs since they're near infinite...however if the bodies of klaxosaurs are basically tools for incubating and growing humans inside what are considered the cores...then the cores would be much more valuable.

So basically right now my theory is a mix of Papa being Amakusa Shiro from Fate/Apocrypha, and the klaxosaurs being the "aliens" from Qualidea Code.

I also expect doctor Franxx to aid the children when the time comes. I think back in the day he was a bit more ruthless and just a cold hard scientist like when he wiped their memories and tortured 002, but I think now he's so interested on how much potential the kids have and how different they are that he sees them as the future and the way things should be.

I'm pretty satisfied since the story right now is pretty much exactly where I expected it to be, though I thought this turn would happen right towards the start of the second cour. I expected Papa and the bunch to be revealing some mysterious, yet obviously sinister plan. I expected some information to be teased about the klaxosaurs to make you question what they really are, and I expected Hiro and 002 to renew their desires to want to leave and explore, which would then also be the trigger of events for everything else. Their desire to leave makes them want to question things like they used to, which makes them realize they might not know everything about Papa and the klaxosaurs, which means rebellion.

This is the sort of stuff I wish there was more of on the board! The glowing horns on the nines make me believe they’ve made a pilot with a medium between human and 002. It wouldn’t be a stretch to believe they had eliminated gender in that process as well. The 9s look just as young as hiros crew (though age is dubious in anime) so maybe hiros group is an experiment to run along side the 9s to see which is the better way to create pilots. This might also explain why they regarded hiro as a corrupted sample after his interactions with 002.
As for papa and the other adults (who i refer to as selee) My thoughts are the adults other than papa aren’t human. They’re either AIs or aliens and that papa is the only human in the group.
My guess is that papa found a use for humans to selee and that’s why humanity in its current form still exists.
Papa shows human emotions such as lust, curiosity and excitement where selee just shows cold hard logic.
I love that I’m watching a series that hints at how it works instead of dumb exposition.
Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
Apr 23, 2018 7:16 PM
Jan 2014
It's been 2 days since we saw Chapter 15 of Darling in the FranXX! and fuck! I still believe that it is the best fucking epic and wonderful scene of the season!

Trigger have done it again! Saving the anime... again!

Trigger my Respect!

I love this words... and I firmly believe that this really reflects what equality is between a man and a woman, in a current world that attempts to quartile women and men separately and destroy their social and human relationships, we should never forget that:

The Jian, also known as The bird that shares wings... only possesses one wing. Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one... they're incapable of flight. They're imperfect, incomplet creatures. But... to me...

Apr 23, 2018 7:47 PM
Jan 2018
Best episode yet, almost cried lmao. But I heard theres not a new episode dropping Saturday :( don't know how true that is but we shall see.
Apr 23, 2018 8:37 PM
Dec 2017
I just have one question, why are the roles reversed for the 9's, why are they piloting backwards, what does it mean, help me understand
Apr 23, 2018 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
Well what can I say?
The two are finally together after all those EMO shouting and KISS!
HAHA Ichigo! in your FACE! "well damn it, it's all about her" you bitch!
That the EF is that huge ass dark hand!? they almost got squashed by it!
5/5.

Apr 23, 2018 9:23 PM

Mar 2010
and so the plot thickens
Apr 23, 2018 9:28 PM

Jul 2016
superduper21 said:
I just have one question, why are the roles reversed for the 9's, why are they piloting backwards, what does it mean, help me understand

Maybe the 9's have no gender (or both) thus it doesn't matter who's where.

Or maybe it's just a way to heavily hint that the 9's will oppose squad 13.

Apr 23, 2018 10:00 PM
Sep 2017
Last week thread was a mess.... This week thread will be awesome.... Prior to last week thread was awesome... Before that was mess again... It seems the screenwriter knows how to play with fans... They clearly proved the power of "mass abuses and praises" Episodes13,14 and 15 were by far the best (Yes 14 too, it was an unexpected episode not a bad episode, remember that!)

Admit it or not without episode 14, episode 15 wouldn't have happened, nor the events in episode 15... The epicness of Sterlizia transformation wouldn't have come so good... The realisation of feelings wouldn't have been felt so strong... The kiss wouldn't have been so intense... The reunion wouldn't have happened.... This was a better reunion than 13 because of episode 14..... SO EPISODE 14 ACTED AS SACRIFICE TO EPISODE 15's EPICNESS.... EPISODE 14 SHOULD GET RESPECT NOW ATLEAST...Any fan would realise that now and also that screenwriters are not dumb, they know how to handle their shit!

This show is really good, it knows how to handle drama very well (I agree sometimes it takes it too seriously but still)... I knew this show had potential and it is really paying it off now.... Since ep 12 every episode was meaningful and played it's part well...

Now about episode 15, no doubt an awesome Episode (Thanks to the base that the infamous episode 14 created last week). Also the rumours about the animation changing in one week is nothing but a save face for all the haters from last week... They are just covering up there shit from last week. No animation is done in a week. It takes weeks. Give the show it's respect now guys!!!

Now since the romance is sorted and characters have got hints of the bigger picture, the plot will finally move forward. Yes, it took 15 episodes but it was afterall a 24 Episode anime not a 13 episode in which major developments happened within episodes. Saying this, I wouldn't have mind taking it another episode to sort out the romance, like you know a "016" episode for Hiro to sort out his feelings, still I'm glad the events happened this way.

A 4/5 FOR THIS EPISODE(-1 for the rushed romance)..... NOW FINALLY LOOKING FORWARD T0 THE REST OF THE PLOT STARTING EPISODE 16 (Hiro's code).. (Unless 17 does a 14 again for 18. Lol!)
Jocus_Apr 23, 2018 10:08 PM
Apr 23, 2018 10:14 PM
Sep 2017
superduper21 said:

FrozenSheep said:
Maybe the 9's have no gender (or both) thus it doesn't matter who's where.

Or maybe it's just a way to heavily hint that the 9's will oppose squad 13.

Maybe they'll put some light on it in the coming episodes. But I feel they'll leave that a mystery and show nothing of it. But I also kind of want to know the reason why the exchange. Being of no gender for a reason is a bit of stretch and even the 9s opposing the 13s since that shouldn't affect technicalities of the machines. Also, 002 was a part of 9 too but she never exchanged roles, and remember one of them said "So many Sterlizias", so 9s also have Sterlizias and I don't think why only 002s Sterlizia should be different so maybe some other reason which is still not hinted.
Jocus_Apr 23, 2018 10:19 PM
Apr 24, 2018 12:56 AM
Jul 2013
Something is amiss here.

Apr 24, 2018 1:49 AM

Apr 2018
galesiege said:
Something is amiss here.

It's just a helmet. And it's a show where robots transform and do other weird shit. Nothing surprising, no mistakes in animation: she just reattached the thing back at its place.
Apr 24, 2018 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
galesiege said:
Something is amiss here.

I am assuming this is your first time watching a trigger/gainax mecha anime.

They have a refresh button in them that magically allows them to change shape/size and make them all pikapika even after they were made boroboro.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 24, 2018 2:09 AM
Feb 2018
Wherw will they live after platnation 13 destroyed? What happened with the adults?
Apr 24, 2018 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
That moment when the OP starts playing:

Apr 24, 2018 2:48 PM
Feb 2018
These last few episodes were really intense. It was so fking nice to me. Personally my favourite moment was when she said, what was the first 3 word that she learnt from him. Everything makes sense to me. I remember how the freeze ran on my back and also on my arm when she said it. Maybe just the background music with the voice acting.. seriously dont know. But this why i like to watch anime. For these nice/emotional/etc moments. And this one is really special to me. Also dont know why, when i've already seen anime with similar story like that/ genre like that/ characters like that, but none of them gave these feels. So thanks for these awesome moments. I've had a nice hour and a half after arriving from work.
Apr 24, 2018 3:00 PM

Nov 2017
Wasn't an amazing ep. but decent for the wtf factor

So human embryos in the klax? What is going on?

Sort of piqued my interest with the reverse stamen pistil but am more interested in the world building!

Just want to skip the mecha action and find out what is going on in this world!
Apr 24, 2018 4:41 PM
Jan 2015
Even though I've grew fond of most of the members of squad 13
My Queens

Apr 24, 2018 4:54 PM

Feb 2018

leaving this here... bye
Apr 24, 2018 4:57 PM
Jan 2015
Except Zero Two would also qualify as a childhood friend^
My Queens

Apr 24, 2018 7:19 PM

Mar 2018
Finally they've been reunited. It looks like a new chapter begins. Can't wait for the next episode!! ;-;
"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their friends are even worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Apr 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
I guess from here on out they're going to focus more on the story
Apr 24, 2018 9:59 PM

Jan 2018
A solid 5/5. The final sequence was really beautiful.
Apr 24, 2018 10:31 PM
Feb 2017
WBX Darling Xtreme Episode 15 MAD

Apr 24, 2018 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
Kaaboose said:
Jonesy974 said:
Well damn, that was a good episode. Completely makes up for how bad last week's was.

Also, I still fucking despise Ichigo. She only caved in when she realized she was utterly defeated between Goro stepping in and seeing how she wasnt in any of Hiro's memories. Notice in the beginning of the episode she's like "dont worry Hiro, I'LL teach you how to pilot again from the ground up"...like that was his fucking problem.

Glad that not only did 002 and Hiro get back together and talk things out, but the ship completely sailed too. And it comes with a new paint job and powerup.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that the klaxosaurs aren't truly evil either. You could see the polar opposites in the way they acted versus Papa and the leaders. Papa suicide bombs an entire plantation full of people, and the other leader has that squad kamikaze themselves. (anyone notice that the guy in that squad with the grey hair was the one from the first cour who was terrified of 002 because his squad worked with her once, and his joint squad with squad 13 got their asses beat? He went full Kaneki then from the stress lol). Meanwhile the klalxosaurs went out of their way, with a big fucking hand, to save that giant ball of cores.

My theory now based off the way the cores almost appeared to be embryos is that the klaxosaurs arent evil now. Those cores that got taken by the hand looked like embryos, and the one that got split open had a very human shaped golden object fall out. Most of the conflict between them and humans seems to stem from whenever the plantations do shit anyway. When they're harvesting magma, or on the move somewhere is when the klaxosaurs react. It's fairly obvious that Papa and the "adults" are the bad guys. I want to guess though that Papa and company are trying to wipe out/ascend humanity in their eyes. Papa mentioned liberating humanity now that they have access to the gate, so we'll see what he means by that. I think they mentioned something about backing up plantation 32 as well, so perhaps his goal is to basically turn all humans into data where they cant be harmed and dont have physical bodies. And doing this also involves destroying the planet for magma as a fuel source.

Meanwhile, perhaps the klaxosaurs are actually trying to breed humans somehow and also trying to stop the plantations from using the magma so it can be habitable, or perhaps the klaxosaurs need the magma as a resource or nutrient to grow humans. I'm 100% convinced they're somehow creating humans since they aren't just out there in the wasteland, and that core definitely had a human inside of it. So it's not like klaxosaurs are eating people. The giant klaxosaur hand also wouldnt need to be so defensive over other low-class klaxosaurs since they're near infinite...however if the bodies of klaxosaurs are basically tools for incubating and growing humans inside what are considered the cores...then the cores would be much more valuable.

So basically right now my theory is a mix of Papa being Amakusa Shiro from Fate/Apocrypha, and the klaxosaurs being the "aliens" from Qualidea Code.

I also expect doctor Franxx to aid the children when the time comes. I think back in the day he was a bit more ruthless and just a cold hard scientist like when he wiped their memories and tortured 002, but I think now he's so interested on how much potential the kids have and how different they are that he sees them as the future and the way things should be.

I'm pretty satisfied since the story right now is pretty much exactly where I expected it to be, though I thought this turn would happen right towards the start of the second cour. I expected Papa and the bunch to be revealing some mysterious, yet obviously sinister plan. I expected some information to be teased about the klaxosaurs to make you question what they really are, and I expected Hiro and 002 to renew their desires to want to leave and explore, which would then also be the trigger of events for everything else. Their desire to leave makes them want to question things like they used to, which makes them realize they might not know everything about Papa and the klaxosaurs, which means rebellion.

This is the sort of stuff I wish there was more of on the board! The glowing horns on the nines make me believe they’ve made a pilot with a medium between human and 002. It wouldn’t be a stretch to believe they had eliminated gender in that process as well. The 9s look just as young as hiros crew (though age is dubious in anime) so maybe hiros group is an experiment to run along side the 9s to see which is the better way to create pilots. This might also explain why they regarded hiro as a corrupted sample after his interactions with 002.
As for papa and the other adults (who i refer to as selee) My thoughts are the adults other than papa aren’t human. They’re either AIs or aliens and that papa is the only human in the group.
My guess is that papa found a use for humans to selee and that’s why humanity in its current form still exists.
Papa shows human emotions such as lust, curiosity and excitement where selee just shows cold hard logic.
I love that I’m watching a series that hints at how it works instead of dumb exposition.
Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Glad someone enjoys in depth discussions.

Idk how far they'll delve into it (hopefully enough to explain it all), but I'm in agreement about the Nines. It appears as though they were able to take the experiments they did on 002 and apply them in a watered-down, uniform version that's still incredibly strong. That being the reason for the fake horns and all of the models looking similar to Strelizia. The pistils all being guys does have me curious though. I can see the that 002 being a pistil is the reason they're all pistils as well, since a pistil cant be a stamen...but maybe the fact that her blood was absorbed by Hiro without side effects is the reason that only certain males were able to become her knockoffs? Because they were able to mix with her blood or something to a degree as well and it doesnt work with women? That's the part I hope they explain.

I didnt think of the idea about Papa and the others being machines at first, but I saw a few people mention it afterwards and its definitely a plausible idea. It could stem even further to the idea that maybe the "adults" are some kind of artificial human. A computerized mind, but a working sort of organic body. That could possibly explain the old lady who looked like Zorome's possible mother. The body is organic and human enough to require nutrients and reproduce...or at least provide the necessary dna for the garden to grow children in test tubes (to provide children to pilot), but isn't completely human so is emotionless and requires that plugsuit that had the tubes around the heart.

I also saw a theory which connects to this that the children who are eventually discarded are what became the klaxosaurs. Since they were originally artificial their blood and bodies were unstable and when they were tossed out they mutated. Would also kind of piece together the origins of klaxosaurs and why they're breeding humans in the cores.

My guess as to why Papa keeps humans and the children around in their current state is to continue to mine for magma since it's the current fuel source for everything, the franxx and the plantations, and most likely whatever is fueling Papa and the non-humans. And his goal is to ascend the "adults" to some new state of being where magma and even a physical body is no longer required and the threat of death is non-existent.
Apr 25, 2018 3:21 AM
Apr 2018
galesiege said:
Something is amiss here.

The helmet was just knocked off. They retrieved it off-screen along with Goro.

Apr 25, 2018 7:40 AM
Apr 2018
Amazing episode #15 and iam so happy that hiro meet with zero two they are a couple
And I so excited for #16 episode what happen i n it
Thanks to darling in the franxx team
Be happy😀😀keep smiling😁😁
Apr 25, 2018 8:25 AM

Apr 2018
WOW, this show really started to shine after episode 13. After such a quite slow start, i didn't aspect it to reach such a good level of pathos and interesting. If the level will remain the same until the end we will sure have a jewel of contemporary anime!!
Apr 25, 2018 8:36 AM
Aug 2017
galesiege said:
Something is amiss here.

watch it closely, the helmet comes of one piece, and while Goro gets back in, the helmet goes back up too, she just picked up from the ground.
Apr 25, 2018 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
Haverszelet1990 said:
galesiege said:
Something is amiss here.

watch it closely, the helmet comes of one piece, and while Goro gets back in, the helmet goes back up too, she just picked up from the ground.

@starfallg
Okay but if that's the case don't you think there would be some indication that there was damage to the helmet SOMEWHERE? They didn't draw all that debris for nothing.
Apr 25, 2018 11:41 AM

Jan 2010
Hibaena said:

leaving this here... bye

This is the best thing I've ever seen.
Apr 25, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
All of the shipping wars drama aside, I think the implications from the past few episodes about the klaxosaurs and the PAPA/APEs controlling things behind the scenes have come to light just a little bit more.

I wanted to share my theories about what I think is going to be revealed in the next few episodes since I'm very intrigued by the mysteries surrounding the universe where Darling in the Franxx takes place.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Klaxosaurs are mutated humans and that the reason they are fighting PAPA and the plantations are because they were humans who were expelled from that society. Some of them probably wanted to hold onto the old traditions, like living together with the partner that you love and having babies without the use of test tubes or whatever other methods they use in the plantations.

I believe that the Klaxosaurs are trying to fight PAPA so they can reclaim the land that has been stolen from them, the land that they were kicked out of. The giant hand at the end is most likely controlled by a giant group of the mutated humans who were kicked out of the plantations. They are most likely comatose and function as a unit, a collective consciousness if you will.

This is most likely going to be something revealed in the "endgame" of the series but Hiro and the rest of his squad will realize that PAPA has been using them for his own gain. We will learn that what humanity as become is the true "evil" and that Hiro will have to choose between the world he's known all his life or something different.

I believe that Dr. Franxx wants to see if these children who possess their own will will be the catalysts to change society. I do not see Dr. Franxx as evil, but rather as working behind the scenes so that he can make some changes to society, most likely because he is not pleased by it.

I think that the people in Squad 9 were experimented on by Dr. Franxx and have changed into some kind of mutant that is similar to what Zero Two is. They are somewhere in the middle, between human and klaxosaur. I do not know if they even have a confirmed gender since the "male" presenting characters were used as the pistils for some of the robots. I think I have to agree with what other said that they are androgynous and can be used as both the pistil and stamen for their Franxx. Unless we get any sort of confirmation on their gender in a future episode, I think I'll continue to believe they can be both male and female to the Franxx.

I didn't trust PAPA or the APEs since the moment I saw them on the screen, so I am not surprised that the other squad committed suicide or that the plantation exploded for the sake of PAPA. I feel bad for Squad 9, but since they have never known anything different I understand why they haven't fought as hard again their benevolent PAPA.

I do think that since the Squad 9 members exhibit free will unlike the other squads they will be the catalysts for the changes that are bound to happen in the second portion of this series. I appreciate how Hiro fights with himself over how he was the only one to ask questions and why he stopped asking questions after they erased part of his memories. It's a little cliche, but I do appreciate this series bringing in the theme of questioning authority and Hiro being the "nail that sticks out" even though he got "hammered down" in the past.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the series will go about explaining exactly what the Klaxosaurs are and why they always seem to attack when PAPA has the plantations on the move (or when PAPA is doing that magma extraction thing). I have a feeling Hiro will come face to face in a future episode his previous partner as a Klaxosaur. I believe he will probably destroy her in the monster form and her human cocoon will drop out, revealing to him that he was fighting his old friend this whole time.

If they do a big reveal with Hiro realizing he was fighting for the "wrong side" the whole time it will probably be at the end of the series, though. I am looking forward to the foreshadowing in the next few episodes. I have been pretty pleased with the hints they have thrown our way thus far. Sometimes they are subtle, but it brings a nice hint of mystery to this anime.

I am looking forward to seeing if Darling in the Franxx decides to go the route of bringing their social commentary to the forefront. I don't mind the romance aspects of the show, but I think the themes implied by the humans potentially morphing into klaxosaurs and PAPA trying to create a homogeneous society of adults who don't have emotions or question him would be a much more satisfying ending. This show reminds me a bit of some of "The Twilight Zone" episodes and has the chance to leave a long last impression.

Anyways thanks for reading. I just wanted to share my thoughts about predictions about the anime. The great thing about this being an anime original is that no one knows where it's going to end up at the finale. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 25, 2018 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
MethodMike20 said:
Haverszelet1990 said:

@starfallg
Okay but if that's the case don't you think there would be some indication that there was damage to the helmet SOMEWHERE? They didn't draw all that debris for nothing.

Or did they?

Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.