Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"You look like a Sanrio character!" "Yeah, I get that a lot." M E T A

And now we have a love triangle. It's pretty hilarious that Retsuko drunkenly vomits in her death metal voice.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 25, 2018 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
CatSoul said:

"You look like a Sanrio character!" "Yeah, I get that a lot." M E T A

And when Fenneko called Haida, his rocker get-up was identical to Deeky from Carabadix, another Sanrio franchise.
Apr 25, 2018 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
I was wondering if Resasuke would show up in this. Now I really feel for Haida.
May 4, 2018 1:58 AM

Jan 2016
Someone please close this guy's mouth
May 4, 2018 4:06 AM
Jun 2017
I DONT WANT RETSUKO TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY I Feel so bad for Haida he deserves her way more than this "out-of-pocket prince"
sinjourMay 4, 2018 4:11 AM
May 4, 2018 10:29 AM

Sep 2017
RAIDA DESERVES BETTER
May 6, 2018 5:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
retsuko finds love with beta-kun. Shame for our boy Raida.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2018 3:39 PM

Jun 2010
After Ton being shown as an antagonist the entire series so far, it's interesting to see him go easy on Retsuko here, and it's because of the same gruff masculinity that's the cause of some of his contempt for her; he challenged her and she beat him fair and square so he won't use her insubordination against her like she feared.
Sep 29, 2018 9:28 PM

Apr 2013
Fronzel said:
After Ton being shown as an antagonist the entire series so far, it's interesting to see him go easy on Retsuko here, and it's because of the same gruff masculinity that's the cause of some of his contempt for her; he challenged her and she beat him fair and square so he won't use her insubordination against her like she feared.
Or maybe he really just forgot.
Sep 29, 2018 9:47 PM

Jun 2010
Fall said:
Fronzel said:
Or maybe he really just forgot.

Not likely. We're shown how badly Fenneko and Haida were affected by the previous night's drinking; stooped over, bleary-eyed, groaning with headaches and complaining of fuzzy memories. Then we see Ton standing up straight, speaking clearly, going about work as normal and he also says he cannot remember what happened?

It's a lie so obvious I don't think he expects Retsuko to believe it. Instead it's a oblique way of saying that their "battle" was something that was outside their relationship as boss and worker and won't be brought into it.
Sep 29, 2018 10:09 PM

Apr 2013
Having finished the series, I'm inclined to agree with that.
Nov 4, 2018 7:41 PM

May 2016
No one remembered that night where Retsuko showed her true colors and she made sure that no one will. A Sanrio character's got a reputation to uphold after all~

Tsunoda dragged Fenneko and Retsuko to a company mixer and both of them had a better time than they initially thought they would. Just one compliment was all that's needed to let Fenneko loosen her guard entirely.

The Out-of-Pocket Prince was such a weirdo throughout the episode but when they spent the night chatting with each other it was pretty cute and relatable. For someone who spaces out long enough to miss getting off a stop with the door right in front of him, immediately giving Retsuko a napkin was impressive. Poor Haida's out of the game and he haven't even realized it, oof.

Jan 21, 2019 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
HAIDA DESERVES MORE THAN TO BE FRIENDZONED
Jan 24, 2019 7:42 PM

Dec 2016
Oh man Haida, if he doesn't end up with Retsuko imma feel so bad
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 18, 2019 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
I want to see more of the giraffe with the glasses
Apr 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Dec 2016
wish i could always be as stoned as resasuke is
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 29, 2019 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
Haida is much better retsuko
Jan 20, 2020 4:54 PM

Sep 2018
I really really loved the upbeat dance of Tsunoda! Hahahaha

Out-of-pocket prince is so funny!!! Hahaha he's always absent-minded haha
They're so cuteeeee!!!! I feel sorry for Haida though, but Resasuke is just a passing by characters.. don't worry XD
I love this episode!!! So cute!!! ❤️ Love is blind as they say, he/she will look handsome/pretty because you like him/her xD
erenmeiiJan 20, 2020 4:59 PM
Jun 29, 2020 3:31 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
They would be such a cuuuuuute couple * - *

Aug 1, 2020 2:52 PM

Jun 2020
From the moment I saw Resasuke, I knew that this couldn't end well, and I realized 100% of this when Tsunoda invited Retsuko to a singles talk. I want Retsuko someday to understand Haida, he is the one for her.
Although it does not seem Tsunoda is not as innocent as it seems, just notice in his way of speaking and looking and you will understand what I say (It is just a note out of curiosity).
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jan 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
I don't really like Retsuko's character in this series.
Aug 30, 2022 9:27 PM
Feb 2014
Haida gg xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
May 25, 2023 4:58 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Ah don't fall to that id*ot looking guy retsuko, i really didn't fond resasuke character at all
Aug 5, 2023 10:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol at Retsuko with the chop slam them out of consciousness when trying to remember the event at the drinking party. Ton seems ignoring the event but deep inside who knows what's his next plan to abuse Retsuko? End of Ton suffering, but the marriage case still kicking in with Gori buchou non-stop talking about fall in love, till Retsuko suddenly fell the rabbit hole. Resasuke late introduction to the gang since his character can't stand out that much, and a very different mixer route where both parties enjoying the event not difference from Retsuko. How hard Haida reject those situation? Let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 1 Discussion

wolfwing - Apr 20, 2018

44 by StateofOhayo »»
May 1, 7:41 PM

» Official Mobile Game!

SobbleBoy27 - Jan 6

0 by SobbleBoy27 »»
Jan 6, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 10 Discussion

CatSoul - Apr 20, 2018

49 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 9 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Apr 26, 2018

14 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 7 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Apr 25, 2018

16 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.