Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 28 29 [30]
Apr 13, 2020 3:29 AM

Jul 2012
HO-LY SHIT! I cannot believe the amount of hate Ichigo got after this episode. It seriously baffles me. People calling her selfish even! What she did was only logical... call me crazy, but I too would try to stop a friend from seeing someone that could POTENTIALLY KILL THEM.
Apr 21, 2020 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
So Goro loves Ichigo, but Ichigo loves Hiro and Hiro loves 02 who... hates everyone? Still a better love story than twilight.
May 5, 2020 4:23 AM

Feb 2018
Ichigo and Hiro so sweet, JK
May 12, 2020 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
Ichigo sure knows how to stand up for herself and did exactly what she wanted to do.
To be honest, she wasn't wrong.
If your friend (who she's in love with, as she's mentioned) is in deadly danger being with a woman that's not entirely human and known for destroying her "stamen" wouldn't you want to save him at any cost?

It sucked having to see Hiro call Zero Two a monster but it could've ended really badly otherwise and she knew that too.

May 28, 2020 2:00 PM
May 2020
This is exactly the type of drama I need. The angry feelings and anxiety all you viewers get from these dramatic episodes is exactly what makes the show so good. If 02 and Hiro were always just happy and complacent and there was no tension at all, the show would be shit and there would be no enjoyment out of the triumphant moments.

I will admit some of the tension feels a little force, but it makes for good drama between the action, things like this need to happen. Side note, 02s back story is incredible and sad.
Jun 6, 2020 1:03 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ok; just the last episode, the show was going for an entirely different route, and then suddenly it turned into a dumpster on fire. What the hell is going on anymore?

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with Ichigo's confession, Goro had to be present and hear it all, damn that was hard, and I can't help but point out how Ichigo's struggle to reach Hiro's mouth to kiss him despite her height is probably a play on how she is trying to reach something out of her reach. Hiro is probably listened to be with Zero Two.
Jul 4, 2020 8:03 PM

May 2015
Ichigo needs to learn to read the room (Give Hiro time to grieve or to get over Zero Two leaving).

She needs to not be so serious all the time (if she was monitoring Zero Two while letting her visit Hiro maybe things wouldn't have gone as crazy as they did.).
Jul 6, 2020 4:52 PM

Aug 2008
Wow. I mean, wow. After what was the best episode of the show this might have been the worst. Takes everything that last episode establishes and pisses all over it like I thought it might. What a disgusting treatment of Hiro's character. Finally realizing who she was and now... bah. Then letting Ichigo stop him from realizing his screwup and not going after her. Can't imagine this getting any better now. All because of a forced misunderstanding leading to Hiro's stupid decision to throw Zero Two away and Ichigo's jealousy stopping him from fixing it.

Dumb.
Jul 25, 2020 9:15 AM

Jun 2020
zero two's voice acting was amazing in this episode, i felt her pain, her frustation, her longing, there was so much range, haruka tomatsu did a great job!

lol mitsuru being a tsundere

omg the animation of hiro's expression was SO wonky when ichigo was back hugging him & stopping him from going to chase after zero two

also wtf @ ichigo i was just finally starting to warm up to her, guess not

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 8, 2020 3:09 PM

Feb 2020
This show is taking quite a dark turn.. But there's something that doesn't feel right. It feels more like an attempt to be deep and meaningful rather than really being that, just like a fanfiction.
But that doesn't mean it's bad, just not as good as it could've been.

I'm liking Zero Two's character, even though I feel like her becoming insane is a bit too forced, despite her story more or less explaining it. It probably once again has something to do with her not having gotten enough screentime before while at the same time being in a show believing itself to be super deep without really being that deep. A weird feeling.
Plus, her behaviour when going crazy feels a bit too cliche... Actually, her entire character does. Not saying she's an archetype, not at all, just saying that the show is trying too hard to make me feel like she is a complex, unique character, while everything she is has been seen before. Not to mention how her change in attitude has been way too abrupt, without any warning sign, it just started to happen in episode 10 and now we're left with a character completely different from the one we were getting used to. And I don't understand, the show keeps insisting on how she managed to adjust herself to the team, but did she really ? I mean, the majority of her apparations in the first 9 episodes had her being quirky, over-the-top, sassy and disobedient while running after Hiro, all that before the others who didn't know how to react. Doesn't really feel like "adjust herself" to me...

I still feel for her though, especially when she teared up when explaining to Ichigo she just wants to see "Darling". And the reason why I'm talking so much about the flaws in her writing is actually because she really could've become a character I'd love. She had everything to be one : a quirky, charismatic personality, a seemingly complex psychology, a backstory that explains her current behaviour, a lot of stuff that actually makes her endearing despite her flaws... But there's too much missing. And that's really, really frustrating. Maybe the 10 last episodes will redeem that ? I really hope so.

Now for the rest : I know this episode provoked a wave of hatred towards Ichigo. And I can understand why. But I don't think she deserves it. Yes, her behaviour can be very annoying and yes, she hurt Zero Two and Hiro. But her decision is quite understanble. Zero Two is dangerous, no matter what are her reasons, she is deadly dangerous and she's especially dangerous towards Hiro. Ichigo doesn't even know her story, while she's been with Hiro for as long as she can remember. Of course she is worried, and of course she feels like the best thing to do is for Zero Two to leave. Why would she actually pay attention to Zero Two's feelings ? She's never been given any reason to do so, however she's been given a lot of reasons to do the opposite. Plus, remember that while she's the one who took the decision, everyone but Hiro agreed with it.

And finally, when it comes to the last part... Zero Two went crazy and knocked out everyone but Ichigo, and she was going to do the same to her. Ichigo saw that, she was the last victim, she was conscious the whole time, she saw everything Zero Two did. How exactly is she supposed to believe she isn't someone extremely dangerous for Hiro, when even Hiro mentionned how monstrous her behaviour can be ? And remember that Ichigo is young and inexperienced in literally everything involving relationships. We can't blame her for being impulsive.
I don't like Ichigo all that much, but seriously, she doesn't deserve all the hate she's getting.

Now I wonder what will happen. The show, while being darker, went back to teen drama when it generally isn't where it really shines (and this episode proved it), but I still have some faith in it, it has some good ideas, it can still use them.
Sep 1, 2020 10:47 PM

Mar 2019
Plenty of people have probably already complained about this, but I'm about as lukewarm on Ichigo's affection for Hiro as Ichigo is. She just generally admires him. Fine, that's what a crush is sometimes. She doesn't feel talented. She waits such a long time to make a move though... And he's right there. Constantly accessible. Just has to wait until Zero Two starts showing affection for Hiro. What a possessive crush, Ichigo. Ugh, so boring/destructive. No wonder people call her Bitchigo. I guess the problem is she's bad at love and being selfish. Maybe you're asexual, Ichigo. Sheesh.

This is a pretty good episode iirc.
Eris-w-Sep 1, 2020 10:53 PM
Oct 3, 2020 3:22 AM
Aug 2020
I'm not sure if I think this is a good anime
Oct 9, 2020 10:58 PM

Aug 2018
OMFG MY MIND IS SO FUCKED RN
but, I kinda like the way im feeling....

Oct 19, 2020 4:41 AM
Mar 2020
wow what an episode, the whole episode was built between hiro and zero two, the relationship they have since the beginning of the series until now, and i will tell you soon, now i hate ichigo
Oct 25, 2020 7:05 PM

Apr 2007
So this is one of the controversial moments I heard about in this series lol. Ichigo was annoying, but what's with Hiro just obediently following their protection order? Speak up man. If you want to talk to Zero Two just say so! Very frustrating after the previous episode :v
Dec 3, 2020 8:04 AM

Aug 2012
That was absolute garbage for the sake of making the viewers angry lol.
0/5
Dec 19, 2020 8:10 AM
Dec 2020
Can´t believe Zero Two is really leaving...and if she saw that kiss at the end between Hiro and Ichigo she is crushed...poor her...
Dec 21, 2020 4:26 AM

May 2017
I don't get why everybody seems to hate on Ichigo, yeah she isnt my favorite either, but in her perspective it made sense. She doesn't know what all the mess behind Zero Two is. It would have been Hiro's Job to explain the situation, but for the sake of drama the writers decided that he doesn't tell anybody about their past...
Jan 21, 2021 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
The episode could've been better.
Like, Hiro could've done something but he stood still and stayed quiet.
Itchigo just throwing herself at Hiro.
Zero two is going to be back at her old self after Hiro's comment.
Also so much wrong drama just for things to be misunderstood.
Feb 2, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
ahhh im pissed now. The whole build of of ep 13 was for nothing if they are going to throw the relationship down the trash because Ichigo feels she has the right from stopping Hiro from doing what he wants to do. It's understandable for Ichigo to feel like that but its annoying none the less. I hope this gets resolved next episode otherwise the work of ep 12-13 will have been for nothing.
Feb 15, 2021 3:14 PM

May 2015
oh wow this episode was rollercoaster of emotions being the first hate for fcking ichigo I SWEAR- OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHEN I THOUGHT SHE COULDNT BE MORE ANNOYING OMFG

and Hiro also ngl. when he caled Zero Two a monster i wanted to punch him so bad i can't even describe in words how much i hated him that moment

but then again all my hate goes to fcking ichigo im- its the first time i hate a character so much really aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i wanted Hiro tu push her away when she grabbed him omg ugh
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Apr 12, 2021 10:51 PM
Feb 2021
Now I hate ICHIGO AF. Just like people hate Gabi, I hate ichigo
I thought AOT was overrated , but S4 changed my mind. It's epic.

Highly recommend it
Jun 10, 2021 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
And now our love triangle is complete. Poor 02 she wanted to sort things out but rage took over her and well Hiro of all called her a 'monster'. Also sad for my guy Goro who wanted to be like Hiro is to Ichigo but no can do :( I wonder how 02 and Hiro will meet again. Maybe at that dangerous mission.

Jun 17, 2021 6:41 PM

Apr 2021
Hmm....so the entire squad and Zero Two had a falling out....Now She's gone to the Nines....lets see how this goes now
Jun 20, 2021 12:16 PM

Jun 2017
It was understandable that Ichigo didn't want 02 to see Hiro. But she took it too far by kissing him. Just imagine if their genders were reversed! She feels like a creep now. But I guess they aren't used to romantic feelings considering their upbringing and that's why they act that way.
Jun 25, 2021 7:20 AM

Jun 2020
A lot of drama involving Ichigo and Zero Two those two are always heated up against each other

At least Hiro got better and Ichigo visits him at a time, Although Zero Two has to leave and move in with the 9's

Zero Two went crazy back there and harmed the others what a horrid sight to see, And there she goes off to the 9's team, And that confession from Ichigo I guess Goro got beaten.
Aug 19, 2021 12:03 PM
Mar 2020
Ichigo piss me off so much .. dude i can't stand her character and hiro acted like a wimp.. hope next episode will any better
Aug 26, 2021 7:12 AM

Feb 2021
This episode sucks

I think they tried to drag the story & increase more drama but I think it doesn't went well

The last few episodes are so better. It's going so great but this episode ruined everything

__bl4nk__Aug 26, 2021 7:15 AM
Nov 7, 2021 1:44 PM
Feb 2021
Damn every time I watch this anime I have to say the same thing. Ichigo is too damn annoying
Nov 14, 2021 4:17 PM

Aug 2017
Ichigo is the world's biggest bruh

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 20, 2022 5:13 AM

Jun 2020
Ah! The story is becoming more coherent with less and less of garbage. Way to go, still there are minute quirks. I hope those will be absolved in the further episodes.

PS: Felt really sad too see Goro similing at the end of this episode.
RKASHYAP621Mar 20, 2022 5:23 AM
Mar 20, 2022 6:01 AM

Jun 2020
Lawgun said:
It's strange to see people that actually were surprised by so called "forced drama" concretely in episode 14 when in fact the whole anime from the very start was one big "forced drama". First 6 episodes of anime should be after episodes 7-12 so drama could have some sense, you can't push it when viewers don't know characters and their past. Authors definitely didn't know what they want from this anime, they changed everything from 7th episode. I wish this anime was another comedy action with little heroes in mechas in style close to Kill la Kill instead of all this pretentious circus without actual plot development.

Agree with that. Your comment makes quite a great sense.
Sep 4, 2022 1:51 AM

Apr 2019
The scene of Ichigo kissing Hiro is one of the most hilarious comedy scenes ever. Darling in the FranXx is definitely one of the best comedy anime ever made.
Oct 23, 2022 8:55 PM

Feb 2021
1490 replies goddamn, Darling in the Franxx is truly peak.
Nov 29, 2022 10:50 PM
Jul 2021
Keeps getting ebter
Nov 29, 2022 10:52 PM
Jul 2021
Keeps getting better
Feb 1, 2023 10:52 AM
Aug 2017
I haven’t been this pissed off in a long time watching anime. Ichigo is a fucking bitch. I liked her so far but this episode destroyed it all. I honestly hope she gets eaten alive by a klaxosaur. Anything that will bring her suffering will give me satisfaction. Ichigo wanted Hiro to stay in his room and not go anywhere near zero two. She’s a selfish narcissistic bitch that only cares about her own feelings and no one else’s. She doesn’t even listen to Hiro. Hiro had to talk to zero two to clear up missing information and set things straight and she ignored his wishes. To top it off all the other fucking cunts blocked zero two from seeing Hiro and kept an eye on her like watchdogs. What did they fucking think would happen locking zero two up when she strong wants to go see Hiro. None of them would stand a fucking chance and they thought they could control her. I was glad they got beat up. 

I hate all of the characters now except zero two and Hiro. Nothing else matters. Last episode was bad enough seeing how zero two was tortured and locked up. Other kids were probably killed after their aptitude wasn’t high enough. Hiro asked so many questions to the adults and no one fucking answered him. I hope he drops a nuke in there and massacres them all. Let zero two drain everyone’s life source. Fucking cunts.

Hiro is a pussy as well for letting Ichigo boss him around like a beta cuck.

Ichigo is letting herself run rampant with her emotions, blinded by love. Zero two is the only one who can pilot with Hiro. She said herself before Hiro met Zero two he never smiled. Hiro said he was basically dead if he can’t pilot since that is their reason for living. She forces them to stay apart from each other and kicks her out of the squad. What does she think Hiro will do with the rest of his life from now on. I honestly loathe her. Fuck. She’s so fucking selfish and narcissistic. If Hiro can’t pilot he will probably be killed anyway. Remember that chick Hiros old partner. Hiro couldn’t pilot with her and she probably got discarded and killed. Use your fucking brain Ichigo. I’m so mad if I saw Ichigo I would torture her in the worst way possible. Tokyo ghoul and redo of healer won’t even bring a candle to the pain I would inflict on her. 

Everything went down the drain from the last episode. All the shit like the kids disappearing, testing, severe injuries to zero two, all that pissed me off so much but seeing the backstory of zero two and Hiro was nice. They were finally reunited as Hiro got his memories back since the cunts erased them and now Ichigo has to stick her controlling selfish ass in the middle. Fuck me. Just mind your own fucking business. Dumb bitch. 

And what about Goro now. That poor bloke loves Ichigo. How will seeing all of this effect him. He would be devastated and crushed but imagine his piloting now. Doubt they will be able to synchronise. How can Ichigo kiss Hiro after seeing him cry like that. Fucking manipulative selfish bitch. She tries to guilt trip him into staying that she would rather die than see them together and Hiro is just dead inside watching the aircraft fly off with zero two. Goro deserves better. 

Please just kill off Ichigo.
May 4, 2023 2:48 PM

Dec 2022
Ichigo escalating the situation, as per the usual. Lay off a bit, damn.

Shaded Horizon

May 25, 2023 11:47 AM
Feb 2022
5 years late to the hype train and glad i am. Don't need to get into fights with the hordes of 02 fanatics. The kiss was awkward and probably out of place, but those are details, and actually there is some justice even to the kiss (desperately trying to stop your loved one from being obsessed with a monster). Generally, Ichigo did nothing wrong, whereas 02 is a maniac who wouldn't give a flying fuck about killing people and beating her colleagues whom she knew and had some contact with, if it gives her a chance to get closer to her darling. I honestly am very amused by people calling Ichigo ,,selfish", come on, her opponent here is 02, you really can't get more selfish than that, it is not close. 
Jun 7, 2023 11:04 PM
Jul 2022
Why though? They only got attacked by Zero Two because they were being rude and keeping her away from him, she did everything she could to see him.
Jul 21, 2023 5:08 AM
Aug 2022
Neden? Neden Ichigo neden? Neden yaptın bunu neden neden neden??!!
Aug 25, 2023 6:03 PM

Jul 2022
That was so forced and annoying... Ichihoe at it again, but Hiro is reaching new heights of whipped.
Sep 29, 2023 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
When Hiro licked 02, is that how he became so compatible with her, by getting some of her blood in his system?

Hiro should've been more understanding of why Zero Two lashed out. He should've talked things with her. I feel bad for 02 for being ostracized in this episode.

An interesting development in the love triangle. Obviously, Ichigo can do nothing to sway Hiro's feelings for 02.
Oct 28, 2023 9:06 PM

Dec 2022
Am starting to think these parasites have a fixed lifespan, and will die rather soon, leading to none of them outliving their service and joining civilian society.

Nov 19, 2023 10:00 AM

Dec 2019
I dont know how i feel about this episode at all like it felt like it was just made to make you angry and they just made the last ep literally pointless

Also how tf does ichigo have like 27k favorites shes literally the worst

Nov 30, 2023 7:47 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was a cool episode. SARCASM, this was lame too much drama blahblah
Dec 17, 2023 7:20 PM
Aug 2023
Maybe I would care more about 02 if she didn't have her "too cool for school" attitude, and didn't act like a selfish cunt most of the time; I would bet squad 13 would probably care more too if that was the case.

It's kind of laughable that 02 and 02 fans can't understand why squad 13 is barring 02 from seeing Hiro, she choked the shit out of him. Like that super obvious huge bruise/scar mark is right there on his neck for all to see. She choked him so bad, he regained memories, LOL. Of course squad 13 would ostracize 02 after that, and be super protective of Hiro. 02 made her ostracizing way too easy even before she beat them all up, despite squad 13 actually welcoming her into the squad, 02 has never really tried to genuinely integrate properly into squad 13. 02 has always acted as not part of the squad while the squad tried to accept and somewhat incorporate her. Aside from interacting with Hiro, and her obsession with him, who else has 02 tried to interact with in squad 13, or done something to benefit squad 13 outside of combat? I can't think of anything.

It's hilarious that 02's inner monologue was saying she wanted to be human, and that squad 13 rejected her because she wasn't human; bitch please, you never tried to fit in nor interact with squad 13, you acted like you weren't part of the squad the whole time, and your own selfish whims and desires took priority over them. Welcome to the own personal hell you built for yourself from the consequences of your own actions, but no doubt the stupid anime is going to save you from since you're the BS McGuffin the whole show is centered around.
Feb 14, 8:37 PM

Dec 2022
002 has gone full blown stage five clinger! Ichigo has gone full blown psycho jealous ex! yikes! it's gonna be a bloodbath!
Pages (30) « First ... « 28 29 [30]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.