Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2018 8:33 AM

May 2017
Is it just me or that Campanelasomething girl has an alter ego coz she looks like that Wisemen boss?
Apr 12, 2018 9:28 AM

Feb 2017
Hmm, as i expected, happy go lucky adventure comedy with cute tone. Its entertaining though. Definitely turn off my brain and enjoy watching it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 12, 2018 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
ChrollosWaifu said:
MomoSinX said:
The source says game but is it a specific game or a specific game genre? Other than that it's like Unlimited Moe Works, I like how colorful everything is and the chara designs are sick too. I am gonna stick around and see where it goes.

It's based on Last Period, which is a game by Happy Elements (Ensemble Stars)

Ahh, thanks. I found it on the JP Playstore, just like the anime it looks amazing. Dunno about the rest, haven't tried it yet to be honest.
Apr 12, 2018 12:39 PM

Jun 2017
TsundeReaper said:
Is it just me or that Campanelasomething girl has an alter ego coz she looks like that Wisemen boss?

That's what I thought but the voice actor seems different or she is changing it so much you can't tell. It's either that or a long lost evil twin or her mother imo xD.

We were shown scenes where she couldn't possibly have been at two places at the same time.
Apr 12, 2018 5:20 PM

Nov 2009
Is this a mobile game? since apparently they were saying stars and versions...

Why are there so many mobile game anime this season?...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2018 7:50 PM
Sep 2017
I like this anime..
Apr 12, 2018 9:10 PM

Mar 2018
Well, at first I thought this was a second season or something but the I found out that is based off a mobile game so I gave it a shot.

It's not impressive but it was really funny, I could even understand the jokes involving the game system (must be thanks to KanColle tho). I like the fact that the anime is not taking itself seriously, probably was the best decision instead of being a kind of serious show.

The best thing about the anime is Choco (and to a lesser extent Call Girl XD), I loved the fact that she's a cute kudere girl who breaks the 4th wall, and her design it's pretty good too.

This won't be my favorite for the season for sure but I think I will laugh a lot XD.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline šŸ˜…
Apr 12, 2018 10:53 PM
Jun 2017
I like this one...

*and that Choco girl is cute!!! Hahaha
Apr 12, 2018 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
Quite possibly the worst anime of the season.
Apr 13, 2018 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
Perhaps the worst anime as history, but the graphic part did not disappoint me, indeed I am very satisfied with the work done by JC Staff. Maybe the characters should be characterized a little more, for the rest I like the style of drawing the characters and the colors used. The opening and the ending are very catchy.
Apr 13, 2018 8:18 AM
Dec 2010
I feel like all the naysayers didn't even watch the same anime...

I found the plot to move at a fast pace (in a good way). It was funny and the characters are interesting and likable. The art style is great. The whole making fun of the gatcha system in games is hilarious. And the ED! OH GOD THE ED! I love it so much I have been playing that **** on repeat for quite a few days now. Not closing that tab any time soon.

I personally don't understand what is not to like here.

(Something I noticed, the Wiseman are based on the "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys.)
ISpicaApr 13, 2018 8:22 AM
Apr 13, 2018 9:39 AM
Jul 2017
Cute episode but I’m not sure how the style vs substance ratio will work out. It feels odd to watch a series mock the lootbox establishment when they themselves ARE the establishment. Ill give it a 3 episode try.
Apr 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Sep 2015
Mhm... I just wish they'd drop the MMO-references. Those are really annoying and just ruin what would otherwise be a cute and fun Fantasy-anime x.x. Especially the fking Lootboxes bit near the end... fk me, that really was uncalled for >.>. I know it was meant 'ironically' (*hurgh*), but ironic shitty lootboxes are still shitty lootboxes

I love Wiseman though... they're basically a mix between Team Rocket and Team Skull, LOL.
Apr 13, 2018 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
Lol I don't understand the hate this show is getting. I thought it was genuinely funny.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 14, 2018 2:25 PM
Mar 2012
Nice rpg designs w/o the harem element (yet), as surprisingly the team's now 3 guys 2 girls. Some more unusual elements: a female conartist 'villain', muscle beast who's not stereotypically gay & is otaku.
Funny as a work SOL on game references & lots of business scamming/negotiating everywhere. The work side & their downsizing troubles are more appreciable to older audiences.
Nice op & ed, wiseman!!
Apr 15, 2018 5:43 PM
Dec 2011
This must be the most uninspired and boring opening episode I have literally ever seen. At the same time it has probably the cutest character designs (overall) I have ever seen in an anime. I especially LOVE that the guy got amazingly cute designs and if I keep watching it's for them and Choco.

I want to like this show for the amazing character designs, I wanted to like it so bad... but the first episode was both written and directed so damn terribly that I don't even feel like watching the second episode.

2/10 episode but 10/10 character designs
FlyffelApr 15, 2018 5:53 PM
Apr 16, 2018 10:30 PM

Oct 2014
Read from a reviewer that they had heard this was like the slayers (sign me the fuck up) and both are in a similar vein as konosuba; quirky and volatile group of friends fight monsters and go on adventures. However, both of those other series have a much more distinct group of characters. The four in last period seem rather generic and I have no interest in learning more about them or seeing them accomplish anything. Kind of disappointed, and I think I'll just go rewatch the first 3 slayers series.
Apr 18, 2018 12:03 PM
Dec 2017
I really like the animation... But tell me guys, is this some sort of a game promotion anime, or is that the joke? Because I don't know what to think about this...
Apr 18, 2018 2:33 PM
Feb 2018
So the arch-villain we saw at the end of the first episode is the same pink-hair advisor that the heroes have too, right? It's either really obvious and I'm dumb or it's something people have missed...
May 1, 2018 3:01 PM
Jan 2018
Is this show worth watching? I’m willing to check it out, but I don’t want to watch one episode of it and then not be able to finish it
May 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
Tried this at random, since it contains all of my favourite genre tags, but... can't say it was a great first episode. Maybe if it wasn't a blatant parody on mobile gacha games with cheap in-your-face game mechanic references for comedy purposes, it might have had some potential to be alright. But as it stands, no... Also doesn't help that none of the characters really stood out to me. Not that they were bad per se, it's just that none of them had anything going for them to make them stand out in some way or another.
May 23, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
The most mobage adaptationistic mobage adaptation anime ever.
Buut attractive enough for me to get some more episodes.
Oct 8, 2022 12:05 AM
Feb 2022
i really dislike this. might be my first drop ever
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Forum »»
Feb 12, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2018

48 by KingNanael »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:30 AM

» Why the low score?

Piromysl - Apr 27, 2018

11 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Oct 8, 2022 12:13 AM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2018

28 by JohanAnthony »»
Feb 13, 2021 4:18 PM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Strikefreedom117 - Oct 3, 2020

0 by Strikefreedom117 »»
Oct 3, 2020 9:40 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.