Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this episode might be the most boring one so far imo. So many poses and awkward moments with the "filming" for a TV show.

I'm starting to also find Haru to be annoying in this show for his childish personality. Iona is cute though but it's hard to get invested into her character.
Stark700May 9, 2018 9:33 AM
May 9, 2018 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
They could have done so much more with the "gatcha addiction" theme of this episode, especially if they'd let it play out over more than one episode... but that's just not the type of show this is. Oh well, this show is already resigned in my mind to just being a goofy, episodic kids' show that's not worth much more than some chuckles at my age. It's kind of like the Pokemon TV series if it had been about something that wasn't popular lol.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
May 9, 2018 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty boring episode with a TV crew making a documentary of Haru. He was really annoying because of his childish behavior, he wasted so many luna stones. Iona was just there to be cute and nothing else.
May 9, 2018 10:39 AM
Sep 2015
Haru mockumentary episode is boring, bring Gajeru back to spotlight please!
Oh, they wouldn't leave lootbox system in a bad taste, I bet those one stars will come back to save Haru when he's in pinch so that the bad luck in lootbox is justified.
May 9, 2018 12:29 PM

Jan 2018
Yeah I think this is my least favorite episode so far. I chuckled a few times but most of it was pretty boring to me.
May 9, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
what a shitty episode lmao "congratulations you finally got a 2 star" after 100000 calls while the wiseman get 5 stars every call...

if i wasn't addicted to Choco i would have dropped this right now (or even weeks ago but whatever) <.<
winddevil1May 9, 2018 1:42 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 9, 2018 2:33 PM
Jan 2017
Are you kidding me!? The show did a good job at developing Haru as a character and then it throws him under the bus with this!? Haru averted the same pitfalls of greed and ambition his friends fell into in the last episode and now suddenly, he develops what is basically a gambling addiction to make him a down-on-his-luck loser. This is exactly the kind of thing that we only see in Saturday morning cartoons or in Spider-Man comics written by Dan Slott: when the hero has an unexpectedly good life, there is always something that will break things apart and the hero will have to start over. The show just ruined its best character with this clichéd and poorly written episode. The one good thing this episode has going for it is Natsuki Hanae's performance, but other than that it's an absolute trainwreck.
May 9, 2018 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
This is the true face of gacha
May 9, 2018 3:30 PM

Sep 2016
This is was a good episode, whats wrong with you guys lol
PolarCyrus97May 9, 2018 4:48 PM
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 9, 2018 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
PolarCyrus97 said:
This is was good episode, whats wrong with you guys lol
People have been overly critical of this since it started lol. This was a really good episode imo too.
May 9, 2018 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
SparkleDuck said:
PolarCyrus97 said:
This is was good episode, whats wrong with you guys lol
People have been overly critical of this since it started lol. This was a really good episode imo too.

That's why I never use MAL score as reference. This anime is at least 9/10 for me. Solid drawing and hilarious comedy and reference.
May 9, 2018 8:29 PM

Jan 2015
This series is so bland, I'm sad to say... The best thing about it is Choco, hands down. Everything else, is just kinda 'meh'. And, adding insult to injury, in this episode, now Haru too has depleted the entirety of his savings and wealth, on a stupid, one-note-joke, gimmick. *sigh*
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 9, 2018 9:44 PM

Jul 2017
OMG, it's really gacha hefty...

Last week with the duo, now Haru??

And OMG Haru, it's gonna take LOTS and LOTS of calls to get more than just 1-star characters...his determination to get AT LEAST something than a 1-star worked out well in his last (a 2-star LOLs)...

It's boring to watch a documentary, but this is 2nd-hand good.
May 9, 2018 10:45 PM
Mar 2011
I really liked this episode. It's so relatable with that addiction. I personally am pretty good with my money, but when I got into Fifa ultimate team then bam I was just like Haru.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
May 10, 2018 12:15 AM

Mar 2018
I actually liked the episode too, it's like Batman The Dark Knight but for kids, and I'm always happy to see Iona XD.

Btw, does anyone here knows who voices the White Bear girl? At first I thought she was Mikan/Charlotte V.A. but I think she sounds a little different.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline πŸ˜…
May 10, 2018 12:45 AM
⚧ | ζ„›γ¨εΉ³ε’Œ

Oct 2010
This totally feels like when a celebrity is required to make a PSA as part of their sentencing for drug charges or something. "Happy Elements, you are hereby sentenced to make an episode of your Last Period anime warning about the dangers of gacha addiction!"

Personally speaking, I've been relatively moderate in buying spirit prisms in Fate/Grand Order—or so I thought. When I look back through my iOS purchase history, I've spent a lot more than I thought over the last 9 months.
βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£
May 10, 2018 1:03 AM
Mar 2012
Character art's consistently nice, especially Iona, bears & one-stars.
But rather boring whole episode's just about a single type of lootbox gambling addiction. Could've done more with other characters or vary the types of addictions etc.
Haru was already the annoying retarded idealistic hero, worst of the 3. Now also a hopeless gambler. Realistically I can see gacha players fall into that abyss, but his character's unlikable.
Choco talks to the camera lol.
May 10, 2018 4:29 AM

Jul 2015
A documentary... okay... So Haru spent a bunch of money gambling and got nothing in return... this is what happens when I buy loot boxes... At the very least, all those characters he summoned were pretty cute color swaps, and I like their outfits... that's actually why I even considered watching this anime, I like the character designs. Now I'm just here for Wiseman.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 10, 2018 4:38 AM

Oct 2008
Choco biting Haru was just too adorable of her!
poor Haru, he summoned a ton bunch of 1-star chara and only a 2-star and all his zel spending lunar item for that calls were just pure addiction!
4/5.

May 10, 2018 5:59 AM
Sep 2017
Choco is just so cute when he bites haru...lol i ship them.

May 10, 2018 11:50 AM

Jun 2017
I think this episode was genius, it shows how impulse spending can fuck you over lol. It happened to me too, of course not with real money because I have at least that much self control but spending so much hard earned in-game currency at once and getting nothing just happened to me way too many times in MMOs, very relatable lmao.
May 10, 2018 11:58 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Gatcha is pure evil as this episode wonderfully illustrates

Admittedly this week was a little boring, but I got a kick out of Haru spending all of his money, despite it being painful to watch.

Choco confirmed best this episode with shoulder biting.
May 12, 2018 3:03 PM
Jan 2017
well story might be boring still their animation and art is very well made
May 13, 2018 2:08 AM

Oct 2011
Haru went through Gacha hell omg
May 13, 2018 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
Haru Never learns. So many LunaStones wasted and all he had to do was not make calls from Iona and find another gatcha provider, lol....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2018 4:34 AM

Jan 2014
seriously, Haru should call with the other callgirl, that one is a fraud.

and I just don't like this three shits always put a fight with the MC and always got 5 star on every calls.
Oct 31, 2019 5:23 PM

Dec 2016
Well, I'm officially hate-watching this show from now on.

Haru's personality did a 180 as he got addicted to something that only caused further anger, roll after roll. (Real addictions have a cycle of highs and lows.) And he did all that when he could've just let Wiseman have the contract and then volunteered to work with them (something they've been fine with in the past) to save money and still get people the help they need.

The result of this nonsense: we're back at square one with all the money and even the two worthless monks gone. Haru even lost his bedroom. Do these writers just hate to have any sense of progression to their characters or the situations they're in? If you're going to contrive asinine scenarios to bring the characters back to being poor again, just don't have your characters win a lottery in the first place.
Sep 16, 2020 3:45 AM

Jun 2010
Feb 13, 2021 4:18 PM
Jan 2021
Im proud of myself for never buy or gatcha using real money in mobile games, instead i collect free stuff developer gave to free player. Ofc the droprate is low but i dont care as long as i love the gameplay. Starting from oldest gamble mobile game "Guardian Cross" and "Mobius" by Square Enix, until the latest gamble mobile game by Mihoyo "Genshin Impact". Thats why my religion is forbidding any kind of gamble include gatcha. This episode explain it all. Nice

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Forum »»
Feb 12, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2018

48 by KingNanael »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:30 AM

» Why the low score?

Piromysl - Apr 27, 2018

11 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Oct 8, 2022 12:13 AM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

62 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Oct 8, 2022 12:05 AM

Poll: » Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Strikefreedom117 - Oct 3, 2020

0 by Strikefreedom117 »»
Oct 3, 2020 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.