Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 13, 2018 12:15 AM
Apr 2011
Apr 13, 2018 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
I really enjoyed this episode. I even questioned whether or not Special Week would lose in this anime and my question was answered.

Aww man I felt bad for the horse girl who hurt her leg. We all know what happens to a horse who hurts their leg...

Something I really liked in this episode was during the big race Seiun Sky seemed a little nervous/anxious and she had one of the trainers put her in the gate. I thought that was cool because it happens in real life horse racing as well.

I feel like the racing moments over take the idol moments but I am okay with that because the races are more entertaining.

Gold Ship...what the hell was she doing throughout this episode? lol SHOGI on the race track???
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 13, 2018 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Another nice episode and while I'm sure Special Week will bounce back I'm now really curious with what's going on with Silence Suzuka. I mean, she was the top horse before. Was there a reference last episode about Trainer needing to keep her reigned in?
Apr 15, 2018 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
Whoa, she actually lost. I wonder if that outfit had to do something with Spe-chan not being able to pull her sprint at the most crucial moment?
Apr 19, 2018 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
A bit of healthy realism has never hurt, and puts back that much-needed interest in an anime. In light of the saying that goes: at the base of a prodigy there is one percent of talent and ninety-nine percent of training and sweat. I think the manager has to apologize to Spe-chan. The narrative is nice and the excuse used to get Tejo into the Spica team is not so forced. I wonder if the manager will become a more interesting character, so far I still feel like an element superfluous and alien to the context. The race was as interesting as the previous ones, there is a slight presence of competition between the participants and the commitment of the latter to win.
Apr 23, 2018 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
Did he let her lose intentionally in the beginning to make her stronger later and to prepare her for everything? It certainly seems so.

Now I see her shedding all the fat during the nights prior to the race. She can be glutton right but she has to sport it away too.

Anyway, it was good episode. This uses this well-know concept of zero-to-hero almost perfectly.
May 14, 2018 4:21 PM

Aug 2017
This anime have many characters at the same time. It needs to focus in a fewer of them. The episode is a bit better than the first two in terms of writing but it's still boring. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2018 4:59 PM

May 2012
Well I am actually glad Special Week didn't end first again, else there wouldn't be much for her to actually learn or train to get to her goal. Enough plot armour in the first two episodes I'd say. I sure am looking forwards to see what happens next though, but that ending was quite sad for Special Week!
Oct 9, 2018 5:42 PM

Jul 2014
well, i just didn't expect to see such a nice trainer & trainee moment in _this_ kind of anime. seriously. just... nice. and simple.
and i'm also surprised because of getting such shounen-ish vibes here. lol.

however i thought there's a lot lot more ecchi - speaking of the theme and related stuff - and i feel happy that turned out there's no excessive amount of that. sort of mild and fun. okay!

easy-fun series, i'll be watching the rest too i guess! :))
Jan 24, 2019 10:47 PM
Jan 2018
In the span of less then 3 minutes (including a flash back), Spe-chan went from a half full plate, to a empty plate back to a half full one. She either got a full plate and finished half of it, or she's just just that fast. He belly size didn't seem to change much though. xD

That girl got a fast metabolism. Tell you what. lol
May 2, 2020 7:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really cute outfit ! I hope she will become the best :D third place is a good start
May 2, 2020 7:43 PM

Mar 2019
She ended at 3rd place its still great !
Jul 8, 2020 10:28 PM

Jul 2008
I hope we learn more about Silence soon. I thought based on episode one she had a reason for switching teams, or that she had some sort of backstory. But she's just faded into the background these past two episodes.
Dec 10, 2020 10:18 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
"I'll show you how a King runs"

Jack Atlas? xD
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jan 5, 2021 6:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats what i call a nice lesson and a proper challenge. That Sky-san surely unexpected. She was more serious in planning than i thought. As a result, its became difficult for Spe-chan to adjust the rhythm of the match. She lost the crucial moment, even until the last dash. Spe-chan was just too late backing up her mistake. First lost for her, at an important race to fulfilled her dream.

At least the arrival of Tokai to the team really cure my sadness over Spe-chan loss. She even became a dance trainer for the Spica girls. Its cute, and funny! I hope i can get her serious running action, together with how well the process of changed Spe-chan must be through. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 15, 2021 5:43 AM

Feb 2020
That outfit was so cute. ^^

Well, you can't win every time. That was a good lesson for Special Week.

SerafosDec 20, 2023 7:20 AM
Feb 1, 2023 11:51 AM

Feb 2022
Somehow watching all this running makes me feel tired, dunno how that works. 
Also, i feel like this is a perfect show for someone learning japanese, it's really simple and easy to understand.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Mar 22, 2023 10:44 PM

Nov 2018
Well Special Week need a defeat in some race for grow of her skill and Importantly Trainer need to not too relax on trainining the girls. Hope their can increase their skill and become better in the future.

On the positive note Tokai Teio join the team, So the team will gonna have more fun atmosphere and their dancing abililty will not be teribble again.
Aug 31, 2023 9:21 AM
Dec 2019
Okay the whole "Dance and singing" routine post win had already rubbed me off the wrong way the first time around but NOW it really pisses me off.

Here is a crazy idea to the girls: How about, instead of wasting your TIME and ENERGY practicing dance / singing you spend more time training the skill it ACTUALLY matters (Running!)

Seriously, if Special Week would have spent 1 extra day training and 1 less day singing MAYBE she could have win that race but nope, they needed to mix this Idol-BS because why not!
Apr 16, 3:02 PM

Jan 2010
Gold Ship is amazing. She truly is built different.
Apr 22, 2:21 PM

Aug 2019
why didnt she tell any of the girls that the zipper popped open? it seemed to really distract her
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

10 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.