Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2018 11:34 AM

Jul 2017
amc9988 said:
Can anyone answer my question for this arc?

IS the person who Demiurge told not to kill is Climb?
Is the reason for not killing Climb because princess Renner actually help Demiurge in the capital invasion?
If it's true, how deep is the involvement between Demiurge and Renner in this arc and what did they actually cooperate or plan together. Also why and how Renner get involve with Demiurge?

This involves some plot stuff from the latest Overlord novels. So be warned.
Valval0Apr 3, 2018 11:42 AM
Apr 3, 2018 11:42 AM
Nov 2016
Nabe expression and evileye cuteness save this season... But even with fast pace i still enjoy this season...

I just realized evileye turn into nadeshiko from yurucamp for a moment ...
HpitoeyApr 3, 2018 12:01 PM
Apr 3, 2018 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Momon and Demiurge should work for WWE
Apr 3, 2018 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
So as expected the last episode was rushed as hell. This episode was more funny than badass with how the pleiades were casually talking while Evileye fought for her life and Shalltear casually shitting on Brain again. Demiurge's plan was less impressive than I thought, not a big surprise in his motives tbh.

Overall 2nd season was very very disappointing for me since I loved season 1 and it's in my top 10 favourite anime of all time. Lizard arc was too long, too much focus on uninteresting characters in general and the other arcs felt really rushed. I hope they will take more time with season 3 which surprisingly got announced for July apparently already and hopefully answers some questions that a non-reader like me has after this season.

It pains me, but I have to give this season "only" a 7/10.
Apr 3, 2018 12:00 PM

Oct 2008
Felt it was a bit rushed, I bet a whole lot of detail was left out. I'm particularly curious what was left out around Shalltear when she was chasing Brain to finish him off.

Was a fun watch overall. Lizard arc could have been made a much shorter since there was barely any development for the main cast there. I enjoyed this second arc much more and wish they put more details into it. Can't wait for season 3, so glad they announced it.
Apr 3, 2018 12:05 PM
Jan 2018
Ver o Momonga contra o Demiurgus foi legal, mas eu esperava mais nesse embate.
Evileye contra as Maids tava mais fodah! adorei ver a Delta usando armas. só que seria mais interessante se a Evileye tivesse focado num diálogo estranhando as armas mágicas que a Delta estava usando. Além do mais, não é normal Uma garota de Aug A3 em um mundo de fantasia
Apr 3, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
duhu1148 said:
Did they ever confirm that Evil Eye was a vampire in the anime?

BroxSaurfang said:
Well, they showed her "teeth". At least there is a hint even if it sounds dumb lol.

I think it was mentioned that she's over 200 years old? And yea teeth, you never know with anime and their fascination with yaeba
Apr 3, 2018 12:17 PM

Nov 2007
@akihikosama nice stats btw
Apr 3, 2018 12:19 PM

May 2016
I really hate that Momonga realizes that he doesn't feel emotions but still kills innocent people I just can't stand that why would he do that and don't argue with me saying that's how he is or that's his characteristics or how his character was written by the writer killing innocent people is always wrong
No matter what even though he could havev released them.

Any way enough of that I'm really excited for season 3 and only 3 month of waiting is a small price to pay, Evileye was sure a cutesy with that little teeth. 7/10
Apr 3, 2018 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
@hells-fury thanks :)

Raizel said:
I really hate that Momonga realizes that he doesn't feel emotions but still kills innocent people I just can't stand that why would he do that and don't argue with me saying that's how he is or that's his characteristics or how his character was written by the writer killing innocent people is always wrong

This gets to me too. Not being able to relate to humans feels very off, I can't put myself it those shoes. The best way I justify it to myself is that he just thinks of this as a video game. If I think back on all of the war games where you kill masses of people (like total war for example), I can relate more to him.
What bothers me more is that green glowing effect thing that calms him down whenever his emotions get out of control. No idea what it is supposed to be, but it kills the realism out of it. I'm actually curious if the LN explains this in any way.
Apr 3, 2018 12:29 PM
Dec 2016
Mouraklanis said:
Any idea who that white dressed chick that Brain Unglaus fought with?

he literally said her name.... shalltear bloodfallen
Apr 3, 2018 12:37 PM

May 2016
akihikosama said:
@hells-fury thanks :)

Raizel said:

This gets to me too. Not being able to relate to humans feels very off, I can't put myself it those shoes. The best way I justify it to myself is that he just thinks of this as a video game. If I think back on all of the war games where you kill masses of people (like total war for example), I can relate more to him.
What bothers me more is that green glowing effect thing that calms him down whenever his emotions get out of control. No idea what it is supposed to be, but it kills the realism out of it. I'm actually curious if the LN explains this in any way.
I watched season 1 not to long ago I think it was December when he first transferred to this new world he said it himself that this was a real life not a game I remember it clearly.
Regardless of that I'm really glad there is some who understands me :)
Apr 3, 2018 12:43 PM

Apr 2008
Raizel said:

Any way enough of that I'm really excited for season 3 and only 3 month of waiting is a small price to pay, Evileye was sure a cutesy with that little teeth. 7/10

Let me guess you must cry for every ant you step on each tday
Apr 3, 2018 12:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Quite a bit weaker than the first season. Too many characters with different ups and downs that are hard to keep track of. I was lacking an overall sense of direction. I suppose (considering the intense fandom emanating from the novels) that this is a failure of the adaptation and is better in the source material.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 3, 2018 12:53 PM

Jan 2016
Brain got roflstomped by Shalltear again, but hey... Cutting a nail is a progress xD

This season was a good ride, looking forward for the next season :D
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 3, 2018 12:59 PM
Nov 2016
Well, that was the end.... We won't have to wait long for more overlord as the next season is coming in summer 2018
Apr 3, 2018 1:00 PM
Mar 2018
"The Invaders of the Great Tomb" waiting room
Apr 3, 2018 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
The animation was pretty lacking in the first half of the episode, to the point that they had to make CGI Momon...what are you doing Madhouse...

Evileye is so adorbs around Momon, the way she hangs on his neck when they won <3 and we even finally got to see her face!

Overall this season has been beyond underwhelming. More than half of the episodes were either absolutely terrible or just plain out average. I'm very disappointed by this season.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 3, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
All according to keikaku
Apr 3, 2018 1:21 PM

May 2011
Aapjuh said:
Nezperdian said:
Evileye's voice when she clings him... HNNNNNG

HNNNNG indeed

When evileye clings to momon somehow i hear Nadeshiko from yuru camp coming.

Apr 3, 2018 1:26 PM
Mar 2016
when ppl think "evileye will defeat all pleadies"
they forgot about Evileye is mastery of Insect killing magic
because that Entoma lose
Yuri Alpha can handle her alone (well CZ also playing FPS game behind them)
so Evileye isnt better than any Pleadies
Evileye voice suddenly become Kagamihara Nadeshiko vibe make me surprise :|

and WUT SEASON 3?
Are Madhouse near bankruptcy?
they suddenly change mind from "never do a sequel" mind to "multiplies Sequel work"

though
Season 2 is weird,
mostly disapointing but overall weirdly stastified :|
Apr 3, 2018 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Brain bursting in joy for cutting Shalltear's nail was the highlight of the episode. He looked so happy for having achieving that I had a few chuckles. This season has made me like him a lot.
Apr 3, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2017
Im curious but I DONT WANT TO READ SPOILERS. Just guesses.
Why Brain felt shalltear bloodfallen .
WHY shalltear bloodfallen dress like that. maybe to collect the eight fingers.
WHY she stopped when she saw climb like, why they dont want to kill climb.
Do they contact the princess.
WTF HJSIDFNDK the blue roses talk about at the end.
I think i seem stupid to LN readers.
UH Im excited for S3.
MgyApr 3, 2018 1:57 PM
Apr 3, 2018 2:03 PM
Feb 2018
Lol, Evileye appears like Shalteaer's imouto. They kinda have the same looks... Or probably just a coincidence....
Apr 3, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2017
Darklight0303 said:
Sorrowsenpai said:
I detest all the Nazerick characters and really hope one day they all die a true death.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha you're in for a bad time junior

Yup I know where it is in the LN at this time and its why I detest them, they just get worse and worse and the reasons given don't cut it.
Apr 3, 2018 2:13 PM

Mar 2016
That's a nice finale for this season, Momon AKA Ainz is really starting to get noticed not just by this country, but by other countries too. This season was not as [b]EPIC]/b] as the first season, but it did get quite a lot of epic moments!.

The story is really moving forward! I'm getting hyped! Especially for the fact that SEASON 3 IS CONFIRMED!!! Let's see where the story will go and how Ainz and followers will be conquering the world!

Why is Entoma decided to 'fight against Narberal' when she had the chance to fight against Evileye? She should hate Evileye for what she did to her!
Apr 3, 2018 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
I am curious, did people who haven't read the novels enjoy episode 13? Did you guys feel the pace or was it fine for you?
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 3, 2018 2:21 PM
Mar 2016
Shit, if only those humans knew that they've taken for a ride by those Nazerick Scums.
Apr 3, 2018 2:22 PM
Aug 2016
animejas said:
A mediocre finale for a mediocre show.

4/10 for this season, like the last one.

The action sequences were better but the plot was even more boring compared to the 1st.

Unpopular opinion, it was good in most people's eyes, especially anime only people.
Apr 3, 2018 2:22 PM
Aug 2016
Sorrowsenpai said:
I detest all the Nazerick characters and really hope one day they all die a true death.

Hahahaha....thats never happening buddy. Might want to see another series.
Apr 3, 2018 2:24 PM
Aug 2016
salman7 said:
Compare to S1 its nothing special , but still was fun ride.
No Albado this season

Pft season 1 was bare bones, season 2 was MUCH more interesting, you'll disagree if you are a action junkie.
Apr 3, 2018 2:25 PM

Feb 2017
ZingFreelancer said:
I am curious, did people who haven't read the novels enjoy episode 13? Did you guys feel the pace or was it fine for you?

It was quite good and exciting We know its a rush but better than getting bored.
Apr 3, 2018 2:25 PM
Aug 2016
Fanin said:
This episode wasn't as exciting as I expected.
Evileye must be too focused in her fight that she didn't notice Momon and Nabe were just chilling and chitchatting with the "enemies"
Only Shaltear was fully in disguise, and somehow Brain was able to recognize her. Alpha and Delta even gave out their names. I wonder what they will do if people find out those demons are all working for Ainz Ool Gown. If they ever find out that is.

Eh....demi and ainz explicitly said that they warded against any and all outside communication and visibility. You really need to pay more attention.
Apr 3, 2018 2:26 PM
Aug 2016
Whoahoho said:
Shit, if only those humans knew that they've taken for a ride by those Nazerick Scums.

Lol, if they knew then they all would be wiped off the face of the world.
Apr 3, 2018 2:29 PM
Aug 2016
Mgy said:
UH Im excited for S3.

He knew it was her from facing her power before and he sensed it.
She was dressed like that to pose as princess renner.
She stopped because Climb is the one they aren't supposed to kill, it was a deal demi made with Princess Renner
Yes, off screen, even in the LN its off (page, book? lol) screen
What do you mean?
And not at all, its natural, the anime cut out alot after all, read for the full experience.

Apr 3, 2018 2:30 PM
Aug 2015

SHE'S VERY CUTE :O
Apr 3, 2018 2:36 PM
Feb 2011
Two things I didn't get, first they didn't show the final battle with the lizards but Mononga has the ice sword so I can presume that he is dead and... Why shalltear go to the battle in disguise and why she backed when she saw someone/something?
Apr 3, 2018 2:39 PM

Feb 2017
LobsWyn said:
Lol, Evileye appears like Shalteaer's imouto. They kinda have the same looks... Or probably just a coincidence....

I think they ment to show you that she's vampire also she said that she lived for hundred of years...

Byran47 said:
Whoahoho said:

Lol, if they knew then they all would be wiped off the face of the world.

Looool, So Trueee

MgyApr 3, 2018 2:45 PM
Apr 3, 2018 2:40 PM

Feb 2018
AmnesiA-chan said:

SHE'S VERY CUTE :O

https://orig00.deviantart.net/fbd2/f/2012/170/a/f/shinobu_rendering_by_melonobsession-d541p18.png

Shinobu still best loli vampire but Evileye is still third after Hikari from Demi Chan.

Overall really enjoyed the season. It had its ups and downs but there are very few anime IMO that take you for a wild ride from start to finish. Glad they are doing another season cause that cliffhanger at the end would have been BS otherwise. Makes me hope that the next season will be more action packed since it was probably planned from the start to make it a two course.
BigWangBaiApr 3, 2018 2:44 PM

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
Apr 3, 2018 2:47 PM

Feb 2018

Out of curiosity I had to see what you was talking about and I agree.

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
Apr 3, 2018 2:47 PM

Mar 2017
I think that a lot of thing was cut short in the second season and it's pretty sad, but I still liked it and hyped for season 3. I want to buy the novels but there only 2 translated in french from what I've seen, so I hope they translate the rest soon...At least the manga is translated quickly.
Apr 3, 2018 2:48 PM

Feb 2017
Byran47 said:
Mgy said:
UH Im excited for S3.

She stopped because Climb is the one they aren't supposed to kill, it was a deal demi made with Princess Renner
What do you mean?
And not at all, its natural, the anime cut out alot after all, read for the full experience.

Dammit wtf You just told me everything.
So they wont tell us in the anime?
I said guess. PHUCK
Apr 3, 2018 2:52 PM

Oct 2017
Overall, I liked the second half of the season better than the first. But I still think the season was good. Looking forward to season 3!
Apr 3, 2018 2:56 PM

May 2015
Overlord is fun as alwyas.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 3, 2018 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
Welp, good god this was a rushed mess of an adaptation.

The first anime only rushed so terribly the third book, this was like having that third book in 12 episodes, boring edition (terribly executed and poorly presented enough to make the rush feel agonizingly slow and pointless at times too).

You guys do yourself a favor and read the books if you want the good version of what you just watched.

Let's hope season 3 only covers 2 books and properly. Still hopeful that it can get better.

4,5/10 for this season.
Apr 3, 2018 3:04 PM
Aug 2016
Mgy said:
Byran47 said:

What do you mean?

I said guess. PHUCK

How exactly did I spoil anything? Everything I just told you, people should know but it was just cut out for time. I think you are grossly overreacting, you should be thanking me for explaining the details.
Apr 3, 2018 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Really enjoyed this past few episodes with Ainz. This season got a lot better as it progressed. Altho it still didn't reach the same height as the first season I still really enjoyed it overall.

Nezperdian said:
Evileye's voice when she clings him... HNNNNNG

My favorite part of the episode.
Apr 3, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2017
Byran47 said:
Mgy said:

I said guess. PHUCK

How exactly did I spoil anything? Everything I just told you, people should know but it was just cut out for time. I think you are grossly overreacting, you should be thanking me for explaining the details.

*facepalm*
It's an important detail so i guess they will explain it in the third season.
If it was off (book/ page ) as you said,How did you know then ?
By the way the blue roses were talking about evil eye getting hit by "regret".
Thank you for trying to help..
Apr 3, 2018 3:18 PM

May 2015
Decent finale, but I think I enjoyed this season less than the first season, unfortunately. Particularly the first half was the weakest. It was still an enjoyable watch, but just not as much as the first season.

Will still definitely pick up the third season, though.

8/10.

Apr 3, 2018 3:26 PM
May 2014
Just as rushed as I expected, but there really wasn't any other way to do it.

I will admit that was not what I thought Shalltear's disguise would look like. Also we finally know that it was her in the opening together with Evileye.

So S3 is confirmed? And here I thought they hired Sakurai for 10 seconds of screen time.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

321 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.