Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 3, 2018 8:56 AM

Jun 2011
Loved this first ep. It was everything I was expecting for.

The animation is considerely based on the android app Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team, which is a nice decision from the studio because the special effects are amazing.

Btw, why doesn't MAL team update the number of episodes? It's already confirmed it's gonna be 52...

Anyway, just wanted to share something with you. I've been talking with people here in Portugal as well as others from Argentina and France (countries where Captain Tsubasa was a great hit) and I was telling them that this new show should be a remake in terms of history - but with new animation, just like this 1st ep was, but a reboot (which this is!) regarding the characters. And I'm not talking about the classic characters like Pierre, Schneider, Díaz... I'm talking about the real-based ones, like Rivaul, Fago, Puyol. They should use the actual players, like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar (I even thought about names: Reinaldo, Massi, Ney Jr).

And yes, I know those characters only appear when Tsubasa is 18 years old, when he plays for São Paulo in Brazil and etc. But what I mean is, IF the show gets a 2nd, 3rd season, they might catch that part of the manga and substitute those "old" players for the new ones.

What do you think?
Apr 3, 2018 9:09 AM
Jan 2016
Really nostalgic...my childhood memories were flowing now hahaha.
Apr 3, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
Apelix said:
Loved this first ep. It was everything I was expecting for.

The animation is considerely based on the android app Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team, which is a nice decision from the studio because the special effects are amazing.

Btw, why doesn't MAL team update the number of episodes? It's already confirmed it's gonna be 52...

Anyway, just wanted to share something with you. I've been talking with people here in Portugal as well as others from Argentina and France (countries where Captain Tsubasa was a great hit) and I was telling them that this new show should be a remake in terms of history - but with new animation, just like this 1st ep was, but a reboot (which this is!) regarding the characters. And I'm not talking about the classic characters like Pierre, Schneider, Díaz... I'm talking about the real-based ones, like Rivaul, Fago, Puyol. They should use the actual players, like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar (I even thought about names: Reinaldo, Massi, Ney Jr).

And yes, I know those characters only appear when Tsubasa is 18 years old, when he plays for São Paulo in Brazil and etc. But what I mean is, IF the show gets a 2nd, 3rd season, they might catch that part of the manga and substitute those "old" players for the new ones.

What do you think?

I was thinking about this too, there were rumours before the anime was announced that Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and Neuer would appear on the anime, i only hope they don't rush it, cause like you said they should appear way later in the series.

(Btw i'm from Brazil, Tsubasa was a massive hit here too in the 90's and 2000's, but i think that's expected hehe)
Apr 3, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2016
Diogo_Jaeger said:
jwinter01 said:

Bom saber que não sou o único aqui!

Ahaha também andava á procura de tugas aqui e acho que acabava por ser normal encontrar, antes toda a gente via isto.

Não, não são os únicos portugueses por aqui!!

The first episode was amazing! I felt like I was 8 years old again!! The songs, the design of the characters, that sensation of movement the animation gave... It's better than I expected at the beginning!! And if it follows the manga, giving opportunity to animate the other parts of the manga that were never animated, even better!!

Can't wait for more!!
Apr 3, 2018 9:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
javelin? I don´t remember this from the original series!!! kekeke
Apr 3, 2018 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
That was really good ! Personally, I haven't watched the original so I intend to compensate that by watching this version - how long will it run though ?

But oh my God, I can definitely feel the Jojo in it ! Good on you David Production !
Apr 3, 2018 9:35 AM

Sep 2016
This is pretty good but c'mon david productions, instead of remaking old shonen anime with the same style as jojo you could just make part 5. It's a salty 4/5 i give to this episode.
Apr 3, 2018 9:42 AM

Nov 2013
Hamody_Asgail said:
That was really good ! Personally, I haven't watched the original so I intend to compensate that by watching this version - how long will it run though ?

But oh my God, I can definitely feel the Jojo in it ! Good on you David Production !

It will be 52 episodes.
Apr 3, 2018 10:40 AM

Jun 2016
lucasnake said:

It will be 52 episodes.

Oh, so nearly half the original. Thanks for the heads up.

BeyondTheStars said:
This is pretty good but c'mon david productions, instead of remaking old shonen anime with the same style as jojo you could just make part 5. It's a salty 4/5 i give to this episode.

Yeah, I can't wait for that. Though I am yet to watch parts 3 and 4
Hamody_AsgailApr 3, 2018 1:37 PM
Apr 3, 2018 10:42 AM
Apr 2016
Great episode. Over the top as I expected and extremely funny, watched it with a big smile on my face during the whole episode. Time goes by and Tsubasa is still the most OP football player I've ever seen. Who are Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo compared to this immortal legend? I want more!

ps: Great OP and Nostalgic Ed...
Apr 3, 2018 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
i never watched the original version but i really liked this episode
Apr 3, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
That handball was actually a volleyball, but whatever... xD
Apr 3, 2018 11:26 AM
Apr 2009
Anyone knows if Crunchyroll or someone else has the license for the title?
Apr 3, 2018 1:01 PM

Aug 2014
meh id rather someone finished translating the original as its been stuck at 119/128 for forever..
Apr 3, 2018 1:04 PM

Nov 2014
They changed Tsubasa's personality. He used to be humble kid now he doesn't even listen to his mom. He even runs in the street showing off his skills. But, he sure is op.
Apr 3, 2018 1:23 PM

Mar 2010
I haven't watched the original but i liked this quite a lot :) The animation style is kept old, probably for people who already know the series.
Apr 3, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2016
Hamody_Asgail said:
lucasnake said:

It will be 52 episodes.

Oh, so nearly have the original. Thanks for the heads up.

BeyondTheStars said:

Yeah, I can't wait for that. Though I am yet to watch parts 3 and 4

Damn you're lucky, still not knowing what it's like to miss JoJo's. I'd advise you to wait for an official part 5 announcement before watching part 3 and 4 so you can finish them just when part 5 comes out (if it ever does)
Apr 3, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
HinoAkiharu said:
They changed Tsubasa's personality. He used to be humble kid now he doesn't even listen to his mom. He even runs in the street showing off his skills. But, he sure is op.

Not really, he did the same thing on the manga, the older animes may have changed it.

Apr 3, 2018 1:51 PM
Apr 2016
Diogo_Jaeger said:
jwinter01 said:

Bom saber que não sou o único aqui!

Ahaha também andava á procura de tugas aqui e acho que acabava por ser normal encontrar, antes toda a gente via isto.

Salve tugas, abraço do Brasil. Aqui isso foi um hit tambem. Tsubasa até hoje é o jogador mais lendário que muito BR viu jogar, estaremos acompanhando essa nova serie juntos!
Apr 3, 2018 1:52 PM

Jan 2015
Wow that episode wow wow, I confess its my first captain tsubasa but i was really hyped and it was justified. So i'll share my impressions :D
First of all, thanks, thanks THANKS studio for this great art and character designs, i assume they preserved the one from old seasons? SUPER COol.
- Also i like how super family friendly and cosy it feels if you know what i mean, it reminds me of my favorite Yowamushi pedal >_<
- I knew he wouldnt die from collision, but i didnt know the ball saved him, wow, that was pretty awesome, i like how it was animated too.
- Aww i really like how he is runnign with the ball on the streets, going by all different fields, baseball, basketball, tenis, until he reached his beloved soccer field.
-If i cant score it, i'll quit baseball, WOW THERE DUDE, dont be so hasty, especially when the guy just deflected all the shots thrown at him xD

-This is one hell of a super super goal keeper tho, he even stopped that javelin woww.
-Tsubasa's kick was so strong wow, that's one heck of a way to challenge someone wow. I like how everyone lost their shit when they realized just how far they kicked it from
-I like characters already, Ishizaki, Tsubasa,super super goal keeper :D even drunkard looks cool, he is probably an ex-pro being awestruck by this new Tsubasa kid.
-Also wow thats some sounding logic from Tsubasa, we have 2 goals, why not split them instead of fighting. Let him be a president and we wont have wars xD

Also i relaly liked OP.
Apr 3, 2018 1:56 PM

May 2009
After so many years I just realized something... the ball not only saved Tsubasa from dying, but it saved the series from turning into an isekai.

God bless the ball. Fuck you, Truck-san.
Apr 3, 2018 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Just whoa! this was hyped start and definitely something show that I want to know what happens next! Really liking Tsubasa who seems like simplistic yet very optimistic mc. Didn't watch the old show but I feel this remake is living upto expectation in terms of adaptation. Also very catchy character designs and ost.

Apr 3, 2018 2:33 PM
Jun 2016
Interesting so far :> Bit of y our typical anime OP char, but also enjoyable to watch :>
Apr 3, 2018 3:04 PM

Jan 2015
That was so nostalgic! I remember watching it in Albanian TV.
Apr 3, 2018 3:20 PM
Jul 2014
Bruh. Talk about a hype first episode.
Apr 3, 2018 3:26 PM

Nov 2013
as someone who watched most of the episodes of the original series, this start left me quite hyped =D
i mean they do similar stuff, but the order is quite different and it doesn't look like they will take a full episode to go from one goal to the other like the original LOL

damn the goal challenge was a lot harder this time tho =O the fact that he didn't even care and caught any of those small balls, he really is cool =o

Hirugiku said:

wow dude, this is probably your best comment of the year, no matter how troll you sound LOL
winddevil1Apr 3, 2018 3:56 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 3, 2018 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
winddevil1 said:
as someone who watched most of the episodes of the priginal seies, this start left me quite hyped =D
i mean they do similar stuff, but the order is quite different and it doesn't look like they will take a full episode to go from one goal to the other like the original LOL

damn the goal challenge was a lot harder this time tho =O the fact that he didn't even care and caught any of those small balls, he really is cool =o

Hirugiku said:

wow dude, this is probably your best comment of the year, no matter how troll you sound LOL

I read it as pringles, was wondering since when pringles had a series. Also apparantely deflecting javelin isnt that amazing to you as catching small balls :O
Apr 3, 2018 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
So manye portuguese speakers around here :P
I'm also portuguese.
Apr 3, 2018 4:01 PM

Feb 2014
TheBloodyMonday said:
Diogo_Jaeger said:

Não, não são os únicos portugueses por aqui!!

The first episode was amazing! I felt like I was 8 years old again!! The songs, the design of the characters, that sensation of movement the animation gave... It's better than I expected at the beginning!! And if it follows the manga, giving opportunity to animate the other parts of the manga that were never animated, even better!!

Can't wait for more!!

♪ Oliver Benji, são os magos da bola ♪

Damn I remember arriving late for school everyday because of this anime, good times.
Apr 3, 2018 4:42 PM
Jul 2015
When it came out in Portugal it was in Japanese. Then after the series ended they turn it to spanish with portuguese subtitles, only later on they put it on portuguese dub - which was not horrible...

When the series came out in Portugal 1993 was a blast. So many good players noawadays are someone because of this. Zidade, Messi, Podolski, Iniesta is hardcore fan even displaying nakatsu shirt everywhere and Llorente goes as far as saying he didn't care about football until he start watching the anime. So, this is heavy influenced anime - probably more than any other in Europe. I bet that everyone that started playing in the 90's and 00's watch the anime. After all the names I gave you are just a tip on the iceberg. Luis Enrique compare Messi to Tsubasa and Casillas to Wakabayashi (several years ago of course, this means that Ronaldo is Hyuga and Iniesta as Misugi (I can see that)

Now tell me another anime that influence in this manner Europeans? Now go criticize the lenght of the football field.

In the 90's EVERYONE play football after watching this anime...

Btw, KazuYoshi Miura (Tsubasa was not inspired by him after all Miura had 14 years when the manga was released) but both went to Brazil (then one went to Italy and other to Spain) still plays today. He is 51 and the oldest professional player in football and the oldest goalscorer of all time. Basically he was there when the first Tsubasa was out and probably still be there when this end.

Suffice to say - Anime of the Season without a doubt. 20 years of nostalgia are unbeatable. This anime will get over 8.00 in rating no sweat UNLESS they mess a lot with, after all the first anime had 100 plus episodes and this one is going to have 52. I hope they don't screw about the gameplay. I enjoy the lenght of the field of 30 miles :

JUN MISUGI! Probably the only character I wanted to be when I grew up (minus the heart condition please - spoilers?) I am 37 and still love him - have a poster on him in my house.
Paulo_GoncalvesApr 3, 2018 4:48 PM
perkunos.blogspot.com
Apr 3, 2018 4:57 PM

Jul 2016
I only watched the Road to 2002 version as a kid, so this is going to be a whole new experiencie to me, so hyped!!! Even more because the World Cup is really close.
Apr 3, 2018 5:10 PM

Aug 2015
it was ok i really like the episode.

Apr 3, 2018 5:20 PM

Sep 2016
Great start and great animation with sfx, i remember watching this when i was a kid in spanish but i forgot almost everything about it story wise (same with saint seiya).

Seeing these desgins again(especially wakabayashi and tsubasa the iconic ones) brings me nostalgia. Im sure im sticking with this each week.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 3, 2018 7:08 PM
Jul 2016
I watched the first series on TV long ago and I just can't get over the fact that the MC was called Oliver Tsubasa and the GK was called Benji it just hurt my heart when he said his name, well, at least they call him tsubasa.
The old oppening too, I miss the portuguese lyrics.
Apr 3, 2018 7:11 PM
Feb 2010
The quality of the episode was fine but the script was very different from both the original and 2002 animes. The scene where Roberto went to wakabayashi's house feels really out of place for example.
Apr 3, 2018 7:48 PM
Feb 2016
Enjoyable episode, cool art, catchy OP

I'm new to Captain Tsubasa as a whole and I'm definitely looking forward to watching more after this
Apr 3, 2018 7:49 PM
Jun 2016
I enjoyed this, I'd been planning on checking out the manga, but with this I will have to put that on hold. First episode was very enjoyable, and I like the unrealistic aspect of this, and how well David Productions fits into it.
Apr 3, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
Man... can't express how happy I'm right now watching the very first anime I became a fan of at 3-4 years old.
It has been soooo long no watching "Los Súper Campeones" as I used to know theme here, barely remember some of their attittudes aside of their distinctive yet kinda sober looks.
Really glad with the old-school vibe still feeling it so natural with this animation and art, where it can totally be seen they tried not to mess much with looks and style.

God damned dude!! Genuinely happy. Weeks will feel with a lot more of meaning on the waiting for a new episode. :'') My heart is so warm right now.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Apr 3, 2018 9:48 PM

Jan 2017
hassage said:
I'm glad Captain Tsubasa is back but I'm not used with the original voices.
French voices and french opening miss me.

Same, espescially the op man.
Apr 3, 2018 10:04 PM

Jan 2017
I freaking cried when the original op played at the end..... Damn, my childhood all over again!!!
Can we talk about the javelin, though? ..... THE FREAKING JAVELIN!!!!! I lost it!!!!
Apr 4, 2018 2:12 AM
Sep 2017
Decent, looking forward to the next one.

Apr 4, 2018 4:58 AM

Dec 2011
This is basically slightly realistic Inazuma Eleven with a bit of Jojo-powder here and there..

I LIKE IT
Apr 4, 2018 5:23 AM

Jan 2017
What a great nostalgic episode!
Can't wait for the next ones!
Apr 4, 2018 6:05 AM

Jan 2015
Was eagerly waiting for this and it didn’t disappoint
I’m dying to see Tsubasa destroying the goalkeeper

Got Jojo vibes from this tho
Apr 4, 2018 6:10 AM

Nov 2013
Aggnog said:
The quality of the episode was fine but the script was very different from both the original and 2002 animes. The scene where Roberto went to wakabayashi's house feels really out of place for example.

This was in the manga, this anime is going to be more faithful to the manga, i think.

Apr 4, 2018 6:28 AM

Sep 2015
The endless Watermelon field is back!

Tsubasa will survive with/out anyone helping him there is someone will him but then they must remake remake the anime of the person help Tsubasa

How many time i seen this Tsubasa from the day the ball save him.
How many time i seen Wakabayashi's early day on Tsubasa?

AND THAT END OMG!

And 52? its going to end on Hyuga match?
Into the Internet!
Apr 4, 2018 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Good thing is I almost remember nothing about the original series (except waking up at 6 am every morning to watch it), it was long time ago. So it'll be a fresh run for me.
Apr 4, 2018 9:19 AM

Feb 2018
Brisingr1502 said:
hassage said:
I'm glad Captain Tsubasa is back but I'm not used with the original voices.
French voices and french opening miss me.

Same, espescially the op man.

Maybe, Captain Tsubasa original series has most dubbing around the world. I also used to Indonesia dubbing and Indonesian version of Moeto Hero and Dragon Screamer.
Apr 4, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Taking advantage that CT gained some momentum here thanks to this remake, doesn't anyone here think that the original version from the 80s is severely underrated in this site?

7.35 is almost-trash by MAL standards, which disappoints me a lot. I don't expect an 8.5 score whatsoever, but if many shows considered so-so by the majority can get a 7.8+ score here, I don't know why CT can't have a score above that too.

(Nobody comments in the 83 version page, so I never bothered to make a thread there).
Apr 4, 2018 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
I quite like it, David production effects are good, I do not understand people why it gives low scores.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.