Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an episode! The heartwarming moments between these girls all felt special.
I love that little poster they made together as a way to celebrate the experience they've been enjoying in Antarctica.

Damn, I'm missing this show already....all these memories made from such a journey and the way Shirase discovered those messages from her mom. What an emotional ending!
Stark700Mar 20, 2018 6:03 AM
Mar 20, 2018 6:00 AM

Dec 2015
This is An Heartwarming Episode And A Very Memorable Episode For Shirase's Mother "Takako" And Its Very Nice They Have They're Group Photo With An Drawn Challenge For Antartic Also A New OST :o Its A Very Emotional Ending
I Can't Wait For The Finale
Mar 20, 2018 6:01 AM

Apr 2016
The ending killed me completely.
Mar 20, 2018 6:05 AM

Nov 2008
what an episode..was a feels ride - comedy - work - feels - more feels - some more feels. Very well done. From start to finish of this episode I felt they did it right. Everyones development and actions were well done and many questions were answered. I wonder what the finale will be. "The way home" ?
sirwenceMar 20, 2018 7:13 AM
Mar 20, 2018 6:07 AM

Jul 2017
Haven't watched yet. Comes on Crunchyroll at half past one, but I'm ready:
Mar 20, 2018 6:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Shirase just doesn't know how to react now that she's here then. The trip inland really does look tough. In a way both Gin and Shirase are confronting the painful past that this area represents to them. It was nice seeing Shirase talk about the friendships that she had been able to make. Mari and the others attempts to find a piece of proof that Shirase's mother was here really was admirable. But seeing Shirase find not just the photo but also the courage to access her mothers laptop was heartwarming especially at seeing her reactions at seeing the emails that she sent her. A truly beautiful episode. Can't wait to see how this ends next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2018 6:21 AM

Dec 2014
That was a beautiful episode.

I can kinda understand what Shirase was going through when she was having doubts about proceeding onwards. Sometimes you worry what you'll have left once your reach your goal.

Kimari was trying her best to motivate Shirase but I guess this is something you need to come to terms by yourself.
Yuzu was so adorable when her face lit up after the girls were praised for being good friends. <3

"At the end of the day, those ideas we latch on to aren't enough to motivate us. But when we run around on the injustices of reality, they're the only things that can break through, make the impossible possible, and allow is to proceed on."

I loved the part where Shirase lays down the money she earned remembering which jobs she earned them at at was beautiful.

That banner with all of em. <3

The sun pillar was stunning.
The part where Kimari thanks Shirase for helping her live her youth to the fullest was so sweet and Shirase further writing that letter to her Mom saying the girl who always believed she'd be fine alone now has friends was great. That entire montage was absolutely fantastic.

The other 3 girls looking for something Shirase's Mom left behind put a big smile on my face and was really heartwarming to see. This is why they're such good friends. <3

Windows 7 and Outlook, heh

Anyone that can read Japanese, what was the password that Shirase used? It wasn't subbed but I assumed it was 'Shriase' but I'd like some confirmation on that.
The final scene with the insert song, the picture and the emails appearing completely destroyed me. T.T

Finale next week. :(
Lelouch0202Mar 20, 2018 6:27 AM
Mar 20, 2018 6:26 AM

Mar 2016
i completely broke down at that ending.... god this resonates with me so much
Mar 20, 2018 6:29 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The feels at the end of this episode... :'( My poor heart can't take it anymore..

And this anime will be over at next episode.. D: This can't be....
Mar 20, 2018 6:30 AM
Nov 2017
D1tchd1gger said:
Thanks for the tissues. Did you bring any for yourself?
Mar 20, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2016
They care so much for each other. I love them so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2018 6:40 AM
Jun 2014
I'm here typing with tears all over my face. That final scene was heartbreaking and beautiful. This is anohana level kind of feels. Gosh how I love this anime.
Mar 20, 2018 6:43 AM
Nov 2013
This single episode of anime has redefined the maximum intensity of emotion I have ever felt from consuming a piece of media
Mar 20, 2018 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
God damn it, I was skeptical throughout the episode and I even felt cringe when they were looking for anything that Shirase's mom owned to ease Shirase because of how exaggerated they were looking for it but after Shirase opened the damn laptop and her mails kept coming and coming and coming and coming and coming and... coming.and.coming...completely broke me.
Mar 20, 2018 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
This together with the last episode of Violet Evergarden are some of the most tearful episodes i seen in a very long time.
Mar 20, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
DarkAudit said:
D1tchd1gger said:
Thanks for the tissues. Did you bring any for yourself?

4 packs wasn't enough ;_;
Mar 20, 2018 6:59 AM

Nov 2016
Madhouse be like

It's so fucking funny that two of the most tear jerking episodes of the season showed a mother leaving messages behind and a daughter trying to reach her mother via messages.
FMmatronMar 20, 2018 7:24 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 20, 2018 7:08 AM
Nov 2013
FMmatron said:
Madhouse be like

It's so fucking funny that two of the most tear jerking episodes of the season showed mothers leaving messages for their daughters.

Yorimoi showed the daughter leaving messages for her mother, but every single one of them bouncing back at her instead of being delivered to the person it is intended for.

Quite a different scenario I think
Mar 20, 2018 7:09 AM
Feb 2014
Cried my eyes out, my heart aches so much for shirase. I was hoping they'd find something left behind or for a miracle but Goddamn.

They didn't pull any punches.

Also I'm going to assume the implication is her mum went back to look for that laptop but I hope shirase doesn't notice that. It'd be too heartbreaking.
Mar 20, 2018 7:26 AM

Nov 2016
Roawrenzo said:
FMmatron said:
Madhouse be like

It's so fucking funny that two of the most tear jerking episodes of the season showed mothers leaving messages for their daughters.

Yorimoi showed the daughter leaving messages for her mother, but every single one of them bouncing back at her instead of being delivered to the person it is intended for.

Quite a different scenario I think

Thanks for making me aware,fixed the mistake and worded it different.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 20, 2018 7:36 AM

Sep 2017
In the end, there's nothing that beats a computer at giving you the cold facts...I had a small glimmer of hope that other outcoming messages will magically appear in her inbox signaling that she's alive, but I guess that's that...

The password in Japanese would read "Nunuwanu" (ぬぬわぬ)by the way, and the incorrect one would be "Waunuya"(わうぬや). Don't know what those mean, google didn't turn up any meanings for either of them, so maybe it just typed in the numbers and not the hiragana, then the correct number is 1101 and the incorrect one is 0417.
BaronBrixiusMar 20, 2018 7:40 AM
Mar 20, 2018 7:42 AM

Nov 2012
Yfw you realized the laptop was what Takako forgot back at the base and left the snowcat to retrieve, only to get killed for it.

She was willing to risk her life so she could read emails from her daughter.

F*CK!

*Deeply inhales*

FFFFFFF
FF
FFFFFF
FF
FF

BaronBrixius said:

The password in Japanese would read "Nunuwanu" (ぬぬわぬ)by the way, and the incorrect one would be "Waunuya"(わうぬや). Don't know what those mean, google didn't turn up any meanings for either of them, so maybe it just typed in the numbers and not the hiragana, then the correct number is 1101 and the incorrect one is 0417.

1101 - November 1. Shirase's birthday
SeaJaegerMar 25, 2018 5:11 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 20, 2018 7:45 AM

Dec 2015
Can someone just clarify this to me, at the end when she saw the emails that were unread, were they from when she died before they found out?
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
Mar 20, 2018 7:47 AM

Nov 2012
Silver-King said:
Can someone just clarify this to me, at the end when she saw the emails that were unread, were they from when she died before they found out?

Yes. Her laptop has received exactly 1101 emails from Shirase.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 20, 2018 7:49 AM

Dec 2015
Jaeger07 said:
Silver-King said:

Do you think that was placed in because 11/01 (your previous comment)
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
Mar 20, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2012
Silver-King said:
Jaeger07 said:

Do you think that was placed in because 11/01 (your previous comment)

Go figure it out bruv :')

Mar 20, 2018 8:02 AM
Jul 2009
Jaeger07 said:
Silver-King said:

I don't think the emails actually stopped at 1101 unread emails though, they simply cut the scene at that moment for the obvious reason the above posters pointed out.
Mar 20, 2018 8:05 AM
Sep 2013
Silver-King said:

yes
--

I.. just cant stop crying right now.damn , this whole episode is so beautiful, the doubt, the resolve to move forward, and the message. OMG, shit. The moment the other 3 rushing inside the base is kinda off but the mail scene man, the mail scene! damn it.

the password, i guess it's shirase's birthday. first she typed 0417 , then 1101.

Gonna put credit to this guy on the twitter
https://twitter.com/greengreen1973/status/976111075308392450

the last seen number of unread mail is 1101

damn it
Mar 20, 2018 8:06 AM

Nov 2012
DaLaw said:
Jaeger07 said:

I don't think the emails actually stopped at 1101 unread emails though, they simply cut the scene at that moment for the obvious reason the above posters pointed out.

Yeah I hope so, anyway I was too engrossed in emotion to watch correctly. Really needs a rewatch, heck I'll rewatch this AOTS of a series ffs lol

Mar 20, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2016
Jaeger07 said:
Yfw you realized the laptop was what Takako forgot back at the base and left the snowcat to retrieve, only to get killed for it. She was willing to risk her life so she could read emails from her daughter.

Oh man, now i'm going to cry even more.
Mar 20, 2018 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
Damn ninja cutting onions on my room. Kinda funny, the onions were foreshadowed in the same episode ;_;

FMmatron said:

It's so fucking funny that two of the most tear jerking episodes of the season showed a mother leaving messages behind and a daughter trying to reach her mother via messages.

Although, Madhouse managed to do it right.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 20, 2018 8:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That almost broke me. Seeing all the unread messages and realizing that Shirase ended up sending all those and we get to know that she didn't read it...
Mar 20, 2018 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
Yo, why? Why every week?
Mar 20, 2018 8:14 AM
Nov 2013
HereticHunter said:
Damn ninja cutting onions on my room. Kinda funny, the onions were foreshadowed in the same episode ;_;

Haha that reminds me of how in Ano Hana before the big scene you start seeing more and more tissue boxes in the background
Mar 20, 2018 8:18 AM

Feb 2018
I'm so utterly destroyed by feels now I can't even find a GIF that makes justice to what I'm feeling.

This episode just cleared all my doubts about how they could make a good ending to this series with so little time left. It's one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen and makes Yorimoi one of the best anime I've ever seen, it's f*ck*ng perfect. Early to say it'll be my favorite of the year but if any of the ones to come surpasses this then I'll give it a damn 11/10.

Shirase found her closure in a way it seemed very difficult and it was so sad and heartwarming at the same time. The observatory name. The picture and the laptop. The girls singing on the snowcat. Even the absence of the light-hearted opening so they didn't break the overall sensation. Everything was so perfectly well-executed that surpassed my already high set expectatives.

Can anyone explain what was that banana for? Some cultural reference I didn't get?
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Mar 20, 2018 8:19 AM

May 2007
Jaeger07 said:
Yfw you realized the laptop was what Takako forgot back at the base and left the snowcat to retrieve, only to get killed for it.

Woah, Takako forgot something back at the base? What episode was that said?

Darn, I missed that detail that could've made the last scene more impactful...
Mar 20, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2017
that last part was hard to watch, geeze man

CheezWhizLuis said:
Jaeger07 said:

go to around 14:44
Mar 20, 2018 8:21 AM

Feb 2018
CheezWhizLuis said:
Jaeger07 said:

It's actually said in this episode. It was the picture of her and Shirase and her laptop.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Mar 20, 2018 8:22 AM
Feb 2009
Jaeger07 said:

That means Shirase sent a message roughly once a day. Shirase has been living, trying to tell herself that everything is normal, but seeing all of those emails forced her to admit how much she misses her mother.
Mar 20, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2012
CheezWhizLuis said:
Jaeger07 said:

14:46 This episode

Mar 20, 2018 8:25 AM
Feb 2009
AbeldeMedici said:
Can anyone explain what was that banana for? Some cultural reference I didn't get?

"Hammering a nail with a banana" is typically an expression of doing something futile. But Kimari wanted to show that in Antarctica it can be done! The banana is frozen solid!
Mar 20, 2018 8:26 AM

Sep 2017
Wow. Just wow. I'm actually crying right now. I never thought i would be saying this, but this is one of the most emotional moments I've ever had watching anime. The soundtrack was nice, the picture already started to open the floodgates, but what really killed me were the plethora of unread messages. Only one episode left. And boy, if it's like this one, this might turn into my favourite anime of this season.
Mar 20, 2018 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
YabaBaga said:
AbeldeMedici said:

"Hammering a nail with a banana" is typically an expression of doing something futile. But Kimari wanted to show that in Antarctica it can be done! The banana is frozen solid!

Thanks! Some comical relief in this genki-dama of feels.
Mar 20, 2018 8:32 AM

May 2007
Jaeger07 said:

14:46 This episode

I see. Admittedly, that line went over my head because I thought it didn't have any significance. Now I know there was. Thanks for the clarification!
Mar 20, 2018 8:36 AM

May 2015
Fuck. It has been a long time since an anime made me emotional but when I heard Shirase sobbing loudly I teared up.
Mar 20, 2018 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
Beautiful. The director is my new goddess of drama.

It has been a long time since I got a series that I enjoyed every single episode.

Mar 20, 2018 8:40 AM
Aug 2014
Shirase finally snaps, it's ok to cry.
Mar 20, 2018 8:45 AM

Sep 2008
I expected this would be a heavy episode and the geniuses who made this anime did not disappoint. Now I have to clean myself up and go to work. When I get home I'll watch it again and not have to worry about how long I cry.
Mar 20, 2018 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
The pain is good. Wonder how they're going to cap off this show, since I was totally ready for history to repeat itself.
Mar 20, 2018 8:57 AM

Nov 2012
AbeldeMedici said:
YabaBaga said:

Thanks! Some comical relief in this genki-dama of feels.

Welp, art imitates life or life imitates art?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zty50I6iRD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4dZKCNfMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtJjvXTDsic
SeaJaegerMar 20, 2018 9:01 AM

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM

» Am i the only one who dropped this after 4 episodes?

Damazien - Jul 28, 2020

20 by MathMols »»
Feb 3, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.