Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2018 10:01 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Onmyouji and Hedoro added to the OP.

Lmao, everyone’s celebrating for Kabukicho’s success in getting rid of the liberation army, but Gintoki’s still in a dire situation. When the flower is connected, Hedoro acts the way he normally acts. Take off the flower and Herodo talks the same way he looks. LMAO, the contrast between the things Hedoro says is hilarious!! The way the flower just fell over, pfft. Haha, that flower replacement Gintoki got. Hedoro is a contrast machine for good now, lol XD

It’s nice to see the characters getting a breather moment after fighting for so long. Three of the four devas finally getting a chance to spend time with one another. Gedomaru and her Pandemonium’s lol. Shinpachi’s crush is back though, lmao. Lol at the Onmyouji looking for some more screentime. Lol, that troll Otae x Kondo moment though.

Time to strategize some more. Every militant unit out there fighting for Edo puts their input on what needs to be done next for the war. I guess Yorozuya is the most aimless one out of all of them. It’s nice to see them being treated is a proper group by others though. That Hevandorogon though, haha. OMFG, They were playing Decisive Battle from Evangelion!!!! WTF, Gintama?!?! I guess Gintoki got himself a Mecha Hedoro for his own use. “It can even be a tsukkomi”, lol. Poor Shinpachi’s role will be taken.

It’s time for everyone to take a rest now though. Sacchan obviously takes advantage of this, lol. Lol, Tsukuyo being drunk it not a good sign at all. And it seems like Gengai’s been captured by the Yato clan. They’re threatening Gengai to turn off the Neo Armstrong Cannon. I love how Hijikata just chooses to leave once he sees the situation inside, lol.

Nobume’s back up and she’s discussing with Soyo-hime. Sadaharu’s still with them though. They’re received a message from their radio, and it’s not other than Nobunobu. Man, Nobunobu, the man responsible for Shigeshige’s death, is now talking with Soyo-him. Awkward af, lol.

This episode adapted 2.5 chapters (627-628 and half of 629). Next episode will most certainly end at chapter 631. This was easily the best episode from this season. Seeing all of the characters together really makes this episode feel like a celebration of Gintama. The comedy was on-point and the serious plot still remains, done in Gintama fashion. Not to mention that the artwork was top-tier in this episode. And the fact that BNP was able to play Decisive Battle from Evangelion caught me off guard. Hopefully they don't censor the music on Crunchyroll, just like how they did for Porori-hen Episode 9. And the way they played the OP and ED theme, with a bit of it happening while the anime was going on, makes things feel better. The ED playing at the end when Nobunobu talked with Soyo-hime was super tense.

Next episode is the final episode of the cour. I wonder if the 5th BD for Shirogane for Tamashii-hen will only have 1 episode.

5/5

GoldenDevilGamerMar 18, 2018 11:55 AM
Mar 18, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
Chapters 627-629?
Sup...
Mar 18, 2018 10:08 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Chapters 627-629?
They stopped mid-way of chapter 629, right when Soyo talks with Nobunobu for the first time. And they had to cut some of the OP and ED visuals to reach that point. Still a couple of Nobume and Soyo's dialogues were cut out, but it's nothing important. Plus it allowed the episode to end at an impactful moment.
Mar 18, 2018 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
Chapters 627-629?
They stopped mid-way of chapter 629, right when Soyo talks with Nobunobu for the first time. And they had to cut some of the OP and ED visuals to reach that point. Still a couple of Nobume and Soyo's dialogues were cut out, but it's nothing important. Plus it allowed the episode to end at an impactful moment.
idk how they're going to pull off next episode, if the next episode is the last one(Animenewsnetworj said it is)

Mayne the last boy ray will have a ova?
Sup...
Mar 18, 2018 11:45 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Best moment from the season XD

OMG, Crunchyroll censored the NGE music. FFS, this isn't the first time they've been doing this. For those who can, just watch the raws.
GoldenDevilGamerMar 18, 2018 11:58 AM
Mar 18, 2018 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Gin-san trying to control Hedero with his antics was really funny.

Was nice to see Jirocho, Otose and Saigou share a moment together. :)

Pandemoniums are back, I find it hilarious how Shinpachi switches the moment he gets seduced by the illusions. xD

THE NGE PARODY WAS EPIC! I couldn't stop laughing. That was pure gold, definitely one of the best moments of the season right there. It just got better and better with Gin-san explaining Eva/Heva and eventually the Human Instrumentality project. Like I said, that was pure gold. XD

The part where Kagura-chan was falling asleep as Gin-san was talking was adorable. Really sweet moment with Gin-san praising both Kagura and Shinpachi as they fell asleep. :)

Poor Gin-san can't catch a break though, I was hoping we'd get a little more of dunk Tsukuyo. :P
The moment where Hijikata opens the door and closes it immediately was great.

Looks like Genkai's been captured by the Yato.

The Nobume and Soyo-hime moment at the end was really nice as well. Also, I finally know what Sadaharu's been upto.
Looks like the next week is gonna be the last episode of this cour with the rest airing in summer.

They mixed up the ED a bit and I can't say I was a big fan of that, I just love the vanilla ED too much. :P

GoldenDevilGamer said:

OMG, Crunchyroll censored the NGE music. FFS, this isn't the first time they've been doing this. For those who can, just watch the raws.

Holy shit! NGE music would've made the whole thing even better. Sucks they did that, guess I'll have to watch the raw now.
Mar 18, 2018 12:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Holy shit! NGE music would've made the whole thing even better. Sucks they did that, guess I'll have to watch the raw now.
I'll probably just upload the clip of it and post in in the forums here. But yeah, it seems like TV Tokyo owns the rights to NGE, so they were able to use the music in the broadcast. But CR doesn't own the rights to NGE, so they probably asked BNP for a replacement.
Mar 18, 2018 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
This episode was hilarious. I got really excited when Tsukuyo got drunk and was about to sleep with Gintoki BUT WHY DIDN'T THAT HAPPEN SORACHI???????? My ships... they have yet to reach their destination...

But damn, I never thought Soyo and Nobunobu were ever going to meet and I was tense af when that happened!

Too bad they had to cut the ED though :/

So Gintama is going on a break... again.
I've said it a hundred times now, but seriously, this is getting annoying. Not sure who to point blame to this time around, but I hope they make the final product worth it come June with spectacular animation.

But man that means Gintama and Grand Blue will be airing at the same time... not sure how I feel about that.

GoldenDevilGamer said:

What did they censor???
Mar 18, 2018 12:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Draconix814 said:
This episode was hilarious. I got really excited when Tsukuyo got drunk and was about to sleep with Gintoki BUT WHY DIDN'T THAT HAPPEN SORACHI???????? My ships... they have yet to reach their destination...

But damn, I never thought Soyo and Nobunobu were ever going to meet and I was tense af when that happened!

I've said it a hundred times now, but seriously, this is getting annoying. Not sure who to point blame to this time around, but I hope they make the final product worth it come June with spectacular animation.

But man that means Gintama and Grand Blue will be airing at the same time... not sure how I feel about that.

GoldenDevilGamer said:

What did they censor???
The Evangelion music that's supposed to play in the background. They used a different music instead.
Mar 18, 2018 12:25 PM

Oct 2015
Animation/Staff of this episode:

- Script by Taku Kishimoto - (岸本卓): Same of past two weeks
- Storyboard by Hirofumi Ogura - (小倉宏文) - (15, 21, 29, 37, 44, 49, 56, 65, 72, 87, 171, 185(Half), 207, 217, 222, 232, 274, 337, 343, 347): Veteran. Already worked in two episodes in this season.
- Directed by Hitoyuki Matsui - (まついひとゆき) - (343): Same director of the episode 343 that is very good and not made in BNP C. Your work as director was very great in both episodes

Animation Directors:

- Kohei Yoneyama - (米山浩平) - (343)
- Masayuki Ozaki - (尾崎正幸) - (109, 116, 123, 130, 137, 343)
- Masaki Hiraoka - (平岡雅樹) - (343)

Even the animation directors of this episode having little experience with Gintama (excluding Ozaki), they have experience with other Sunrise shows, and again, as in Episode 343, they did a great job. The animation of this episode was very consistent, highlight for Gintoki and Hedoro scene at the beginning of the episode, great art style.

Direction and animation was great, I hope more of this staff in the future. Btw, the form that used OP/ED was great

Director of next and last episode is Shuuji Miyahara, same for the great episodes 328 and 345. I hope that this episode be great. The preview shows static scenes, but remember Miki Komuro style (or maybe Sasaki).

Mar 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Draconix814 said:

What did they censor???
The Evangelion music that's supposed to play in the background. They used a different music instead.

Oh wow Evangelion music was supposed to play when Gintoki said "Instrumentality Project"? Damn, I wish I could've heard that. XD

Maybe if Crunchyroll gets the rights to Eva one day, then maybe they can stop censoring lol.
Mar 18, 2018 12:33 PM

Dec 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I'll probably just upload the clip of it and post in in the forums here. But yeah, it seems like TV Tokyo owns the rights to NGE, so they were able to use the music in the broadcast. But CR doesn't own the rights to NGE, so they probably asked BNP for a replacement.

Ah, that's a real shame. NGE music would've made it so much better. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it if you could upload the clip, if it isn't too much trouble on your part of course, but if you can't then that's cool too.
Mar 18, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
Whew,the censorship sucks,but it was still pretty funny.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2018 1:02 PM

Sep 2014
I lost it at the NGE parody and I haven't even watched the show lmao All those Pandemonium feeding seemed quite disturbing to watch lol Gengai was captured while he was pooping by the Yato tribe which asks him to disable the nanomachine cannon while everyone else have a crazy party night. *sigh* One more episode to go and then back on break. Wished they could go full for two-cour season till the end instead of a split-cour but I cannot deny that the latter makes more sense. Oh well.
Mar 18, 2018 1:03 PM

Jul 2015
MonkeyDMike said:
I lost it at the NGE parody and I haven't even watched the show lmao All those Pandemonium feeding seemed quite disturbing to watch lol Gengai was captured while he was pooping by the Yato tribe which asks him to disable the nanomachine cannon while everyone else have a crazy party night. *sigh* One more episode to go and then back on break. Wished they could go full for two-cour season till the end instead of a split-cour but I cannot deny that the latter makes more sense. Oh well.
things is...we most likely are getting a 3rd also lol
Sup...
Mar 18, 2018 1:06 PM

Sep 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
MonkeyDMike said:

Wait what? How many chapters the whole arc has? O_O
Mar 18, 2018 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
They can't lose if they have the HEVA.
Lol, Pandemonium is back and Shinpachi still can't resist it.
Mar 18, 2018 1:11 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
@Lelouch0202 @FMmatron @Draconix814 @MonkeyDMike @Ulquiorra

Original Hevandorogon scene is here: https://my.mixtape.moe/cdohvy.mp4
Mar 18, 2018 1:16 PM

Jul 2015
MonkeyDMike said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

MonkeyDMike said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

3 Parts to it, 3rd part is a little more different though...us manga readers don't even know where it's going lol
Sup...
Mar 18, 2018 1:18 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
MonkeyDMike said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

There's 46 chapters left to adapt, and the manga's probably gonna go on for another 20+ chapters.
Mar 18, 2018 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
@SenpaiJay98 @GoldenDevilGamer

Oh I see. Thanks for the info. :)
Mar 18, 2018 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
Nice episode with a lot of funny contents.
It was also good-looking. Hope they can continue like this till the end of the arc. (this summer's season included)
Mar 18, 2018 1:50 PM

Nov 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
@Lelouch0202 @FMmatron @Draconix814 @MonkeyDMike @Ulquiorra

After seeing this insta 5/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2018 1:53 PM

Aug 2014
i like how the ending got edited to make the dead people appear first.
episode centered more on the comedic side, was good.

also, what r u doing there sacchan
Mar 18, 2018 1:59 PM

Jun 2014
A funny, but at the same time occasionally touching, episode. It's a shame the show will be taking a break after next week, but I guess it'll be a good way to make sure the animation is good later, and prevent the anime from catching up to the manga.

Unfortunately that also means that yet another separate, highly-rated season will be added to the database and suffer the wrath of the salty fuckheads that just can't seem to ignore a franchise they irrationally hate so much.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 18, 2018 2:05 PM
Dec 2016
The guy we see at the end of the preview is the same that in the end of the opening, and I am fuckin' hyped to see him again.
Mar 18, 2018 2:19 PM

Sep 2015
That clip was gold (Pun intended). Thanks, my dude.
Mar 18, 2018 2:45 PM
Jul 2015
You gotta be kidding me, another break ffs. I'd prefered if they had waited longer with this season, so that the final arc could fit into one season.

The treatment Gintama has been getting since the Battle for Rakuyou arc really sucks. Bandai Namco Pictures has failed paying its respect to the series like studio Sunrise did.
RamkousMar 18, 2018 2:51 PM
Mar 18, 2018 2:50 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Remco9800 said:
You gotta be kidding me, another break ffs. I'd prefered if they had waited longer with this season, so that the final arc could fit into one season.

The treatment Gintama has been getting since the Battle for Rakuyou arc really sucks. Bandai Namco Production has failed paying its respect to the series like studio Sunrise did.
Well, it's not their fault that Sorachi suddenly decided to extend the final arc in the manga. It's impossible for Silver Soul to be one season anyways. If BNP really failed in paying its respect to Gintama, then they wouldn't be doing glorious things like using Eva music in Gintama, or being responsible for the composition for OST 5. They're doing the best they can. If Sunrise were to animate a serious arc that goes on for 12 episodes straight with almost non-stop action, I'm sure they'd have the same production values too. And besides, BNP and Surise is the same thing. Same people, just different studio name.
Mar 18, 2018 2:58 PM
Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Remco9800 said:

The treatment Gintama has been getting since the Battle for Rakuyou arc really sucks. Bandai Namco Production has failed paying its respect to the series like studio Sunrise did.
Well, it's not their fault that Sorachi suddenly decided to extend the final arc in the manga. It's impossible for Silver Soul to be one season anyways. If BNP really failed in paying its respect to Gintama, then they wouldn't be doing glorious things like using Eva music in Gintama, or being responsible for the composition for OST 5. They're doing the best they can. If Sunrise were to animate a serious arc that goes on for 12 episodes straight with almost non-stop action, I'm sure they'd have the same production values too. And besides, BNP and Surise is the same thing. Same people, just different studio name.

You know, sorry, I got a bit salty when I noticed Gintama was going on a break again. I prefered the long seasons with 50+ episodes. I know the same team are working on Gintama, but I just don't understand why it seems to be a bit differerent since battle on Rakuyou. GNP did the season with the Shogun Assassination arc and the Farewell Shinsengumi arc as well right?
Mar 18, 2018 3:02 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Remco9800 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

You know, sorry, I got a bit salty when I noticed Gintama was going on a break again. I prefered the long seasons with 50+ episodes. I know the same team are working on Gintama, but I just don't understand why it seems to be a bit differerent since battle on Rakuyou. GNP did the season with the Shogun Assassination arc and the Farewell Shinsengumi arc as well right?
Yeah, BNP did the SA and FS arc, but it had an easier production. It took a one week break in the middle of SA arc, right before Gintoki vs. Takasugi. This allowed them to polish that arc. FS's first three episodes had little action in it, making is easier to produced. Then the fourth episode of the arc was only 15 mins, and the rest was an adaptation of a skipped chapter in a simple, cheap artstyle. And even then, SA and FS had bad looking episodes like 303, 306, and 312. Rakuyou was 12 episodes, with 9 of the episodes being non-stop action, and no breaks in the middle.
Mar 18, 2018 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
Remco9800 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

they had Honjo back then, who was like the best animator of Gintama(he did animation Episode Jirocho and Gintoki vs Shinra,Episod 246 which was the best animated part of Thorny,Katsura vs Saito, Episoe 305,and Gintoki vs Utsuro), now he isnt here anymore(so sasaki has to do the best sakuga moments most of the time, Sasaki animated the best part of Jiria vs Gintoki, best part of Hosen vs Everyone, Episode 304, Katsura vs Shokkau, and the fight scene in the docks earlier this season, he also did some of the Shinra fight scenes in 350 and 351)
SenpaiJay98Mar 18, 2018 3:09 PM
Sup...
Mar 18, 2018 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/975487208617578496 Sakaki's translation of all the staff
Sup...
Mar 18, 2018 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
What? Crunchyroll? again? why they do this.

Eva parody who spoil everything about Eva......... Eva is kinda dead not surprised they don't know Eva anymore i am talking to you Eva 4.0/3.0+1.0

Random Rafflesia on Eva parody its just 100/10

And that Kondo talking with Gintoki while riding eva i think its also a parody scene from Eva (Eva before turn into 3rd Impact on Rebuild maybe?) + that running
ZBlastHistoryMar 18, 2018 6:19 PM
Into the Internet!
Mar 18, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2015
No surprise again. The comedy was on point. Can't wait to see what Takasugi's role will be in SS arc.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 18, 2018 9:16 PM

Aug 2017
Kinda bummed about the break thing but it's understandable.

Amazing episode, I just love seeing all of the cast together, gave me vibes of the ol' days of Gintama.

Great arc so far
Mar 18, 2018 9:33 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh its a nice rest time for Gintama and gang while theyre enemy retreats.
Mar 18, 2018 9:43 PM
Nov 2013
simo796 said:
worst season of gintama after porori hen

You crazy, mang. This seasons great!
Mar 18, 2018 9:45 PM

Mar 2016
Loved the episode. Pandemonium is back. Hahahahahaha. Pandemonium x Shinpachi OTP obviously xD Loved that whole segment with Shinpachi crying as he was ready to eat Pandemonium lmao. The Gintoki and Hedoro scenes were great too xD And poor Gintoki couldn't get his sleep at all haha.

That ending scene though with Soyo and Nobunobu. That reaction from Nobunobu after realizing who he was talking to. Man, I am sooo looking forward to their conversation.
Gengai is kidnapped too. Wonder how they're gonna deal with that.

THAT PREVIEW. OH BOY. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM. Last episode next week before it goes on a break...
RyunuosukeMar 18, 2018 9:53 PM

Mar 18, 2018 10:22 PM
Nov 2013
simo796 said:
crystalblade13 said:

the animation is shit

K.

But the plot, characters, music, voice acting, art, and pacing(mostly) are great.

Also, the animation isn't shit. Certain episodes don't look great, but go back and watch 5 and the 2 most recent episodes, they look fantastic
crystalblade13Mar 18, 2018 11:37 PM
Mar 18, 2018 10:30 PM
Jul 2014
As far as I'm concerned I just saw Evangelion Rebuild parts 3 and 4. It's finally over and I can forget about it.
Mar 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Jul 2015
simo796 said:
crystalblade13 said:

the animation is shit
Only for the first half of Episode 346, and Episode 349 had bad animation, but the rest the production is good for this cour
SenpaiJay98Mar 18, 2018 10:38 PM
Sup...
Mar 19, 2018 3:48 AM

Oct 2015
Hilarious episode. Those little monsters must have great nutritional value.
I loved the party scene.

I wish Gintama didn't go on a break, but apparently the manga got extended.
At least they have time to polish the animation now.
Mar 19, 2018 6:35 AM

Dec 2014

That was glorious, thanks a bunch. :D
Mar 19, 2018 8:15 AM

Feb 2008
Pandemoniums and (H)EVA? A deadly combination. Albeit not as deadly as the party that Gintoki had to unwillingly partake in.

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Thank you so much for posting it. The Evangelion drum beats truly give the scene a completely different vibe.
Mar 19, 2018 8:28 AM

Sep 2017

thanks, haven't even watched evangelion, but this did feel a lot different XD
Mar 19, 2018 11:22 AM
Nov 2013
finally was able to watch it. hilarious- shinpachi and pandemonium are truly the OTP of gintama. i just loved how those things popped up everywhere this episode. and no words can describe hedoro's hilarity this episode. poor guy, split personalities and now he's a damn eva XD

also- was i the only one who noticed that tsuki went commando this episode? look when she slips on the bottle. theres no way she's wearing anything there. gin really was about to get it lol
Mar 19, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
I loved this episode so much!
Mar 19, 2018 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
A final peaceful night for our heroes to relax before the fight begins once again. (That Takasugi cameo on the preview hyped me up !)
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Mar 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
PANDEMONIUMMMMMMM!!! They brought her back LOL!
I can see the impending cliffhanger next episode. Let's hope Gengai gets away..
Good ep, animation looks pretty good.

herricklukMar 19, 2018 5:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

127 by tomoe22 »»
May 11, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 11, 2018

85 by tomoe22 »»
May 10, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

141 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 28, 2018

134 by tomoe22 »»
May 8, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 7, 2018

218 by tomoe22 »»
May 6, 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.