Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 6, 2018 6:27 PM

Jan 2012
Episode was pretty good but disappointing match between Ai and Ika. Shark-tooth was built up as on of if not the strongest female player in the show but Ai straight up beat her barely breaking a sweat. This also mean's she just overcame Ginko as well in strength so she immediately rushes up the ladder as one of the strongest players in the show. Fun to see the main characters getting stronger but when its too rushed you lose out.
Mar 6, 2018 6:41 PM

Oct 2010
oh man that ika girl 10/10 tickles all my fetishes

Mar 6, 2018 8:36 PM

Nov 2009
so this is why MC's semi-resistant to Female advances (even super cute girls) coming at him. As seen that MC doesn't really give much of a thought about having Girlfriends or even Marriage since episode 1... He pretty much stays at a neutral stance on those subjects.

The shark girl pretty much incorporated into him that naked girls are scary since she constantly breaks into his house naked and force him to have matches with her... So MC doesn't really think about Females as romance targets.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 7, 2018 6:14 AM

Nov 2009
Pretty much the whole episode was endless close-ups on reactions...
Mar 7, 2018 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
I think the hate Ika gets sh*t on with is kind of undeserved. Like she is a shitty antagonist and stuff. Such anime like Ryuuou, Saki... where they play against others some opponents seem kind of high and mighty and get fast declared as jerks. Yea Ika definitely has a shitty personality and thought a bit to much of herself but I'm pretty sure after losing now she will learn to be a better person that doesn't destroy others for her own fun and we will get a new funny character that will make Ginko-sama rage because Ika gets to close to Ryuuou.

I just wanted to say this bcs I always believe in the good parts of waifus! Also amazing episode, had a lot of laughter and this ending scene with Yaichi crying was beautiful.

I really hope for a continuation of this series even if people say no bus there are to many lolis or the characters are boring the only thing I say to them is: I accept ur opinion but I won't share it so let me enjoy what I enjoy and wish me luck with getting my wish fulfilled :D
Mar 7, 2018 6:13 PM

Jul 2015
Seeing the electric girl lose made me happy, not because shes a jerk or villain character or anything like that. I just thought she was just an overall bad character, shes too extreme and blatantly evil, and on top of that, she just kind of showed up out of nowhere and just didn't sit well with me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 7, 2018 11:55 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic episode, loved how Ai completely dominated Ika at the end with that wonderful bluff. Super hyped for Yaichi's upcoming match.
Mar 8, 2018 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
Need more Sora in my life! Shes awesome. Super Beautiful too. And as always our MC is clueless lol. I like Tsundere Ai a lot more then 1st Ai. Shes funnier and cuter.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 9, 2018 12:34 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
If this episode taught me anything, it's that Ika is a really lame and annoying person.
Mar 9, 2018 10:39 AM
Jul 2015
This is the first I have heard Haruka Tomatsu providing a voice to a character that sounds really sinister.

Anyways, if I'm not mistaken, Ika is not the only shark-tooth girl in the show.

I think there is a red-hair or orange girl with shark teeth as well (forgot her name though)
Mar 9, 2018 12:45 PM
Apr 2015
i know i am minority on this . it sickening to see a male been pushed around or getting unreasonable treatment by woman
Mar 9, 2018 6:10 PM
Mar 2012
Match itself pretty weird dont quite get the ryuo staying static like bait? & how that's the only way Ika can win. Still intense tho.
Power levels don't make sense now... or is it power of love & happy birthday?
Mar 15, 2018 12:05 AM

Dec 2010
Am I the only one that really wanted Ika to win...?
Mar 18, 2018 11:58 AM

Nov 2011
The part about the fight between Ika and Ai, was very exciting, and the rest is interesting, but I have the impression that the story has advanced too quickly, now the characters are all champions, Ugh! I love the treated treatments.
Ginko is turning out to be the best Yandere character of this 2018 winter season.
Aug 9, 2018 9:22 PM

May 2012
Very lovely episode and especially a great ending! Quite liked their victories and looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 3, 2018 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
Wildflame said:
Am I the only one that really wanted Ika to win...?

Yes. Ika is a bitch. I never want a bitch to win.
Feb 6, 2019 7:17 AM

Mar 2018
Hearing Ayumu yell "Excalibur!" brings back memories.(Same va as Karma, Rin, Bakugou)
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
May 14, 2020 2:01 PM
Dec 2019
Why ginka is so fucking annoying, everytime she appears, i start to get pissed af...
Nov 24, 2020 6:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That yandere "ex-girlfriend" is really crazy and creepy, nice that Ai beat her during the shogi match, and it was his birthday haha nice speech at the end
May 15, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2018
lol.. Well.. Ginko has a point with Ika.. It indeed were like date shougi between Yaichi and Ika, really..
Funny, how Ai agreed with Ginko's methods instantly, when she heard that it's to make Yaichi talk about his ex.. ;D
Ok, so Yaichi just naturally attracts yanderes at this point, it feels.. ;D
Aug 11, 2021 11:25 AM

Jun 2020
This Ika girl is almost as bad as a pushy bitch and in terms of power she wants Yaichi to herself like milking him out for matches

Ginko's getting a bit aggressive lately when Ika was really close to Yaichi and asked him what his answer was and then Ai came in and joined the heat of the moment and kindly went with it

But Ai miraculously defeated her and perfect timing for Yaichi's birthday gift from the two Ai's, Looks like they're going to Hawaii that swimsuit tho can't wait.
Dec 5, 2021 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
Are not they supposed to act kinda decent during the game? I thought shogi is quite traditional activity.
Ika screamed and acted like psycho the whole tornament and no official did or said something about it? Like disqualify or at least warn her?
Jun 15, 2022 2:01 PM

Jan 2020
I mean, don't stick your dick in crazy, but between lolis and Ika maybe Kuzu should've chose Ika.

I'm not sure why Kuzu is essentially crucifying Ika's playstyle. It takes all types. It seems like it'd be more interesting to have people who play differently than 10,000 player who all play the same. Isn't that the point of games? To come up with and implement different strategies? I feel like this series is starting to let the shogi aspects drop off so they can focus on the relationships.

The way Kuzu is at the moment I feel like he doesn't stand a chance of defeating the Meijin. Presumably he will need to call upon the hidden power of the lolis he's cultivated to amass the strength to win and retain his title.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 13, 2022 1:30 AM

Jul 2019
Ika is a horrible person and I'm glad that she lost. Keika is a sweet person and I'm glad that she won. (Yay!)

Ai+Ai winning as a birthday present for Yaichi was cute. Seems Yaichi was touched by it.
Nov 2, 2023 2:08 PM

Dec 2022
Ika's craziness is sexy, in a way. For what it's worth, she doesn't actually seem like she wants to seduce Yaichi or anything, instead being solely interested in playing him at shogi.

My only problem so far with this anime is how maundering the romantic scenes are. I feel like they're never going to go anywhere, despite their high frequency.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn dominant character i want to be stepped too
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.