Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dealing with this Shiomi guy sounds risky.
Not much choice for Juri though.

The monsters in this show are still truly frightening but I'm glad to see Makoto make use of his powers. Impressive for a kid.
Mar 4, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like the group has a new day and the father likes playing the hero.
Which was a bit funny to watch.
For now no it seems their way back is gone.
Speaking of another question what will happen when they ever get back in time seeing the number of bodies in the guarded and the number of people in the bathroom.
Explaining it will get very complicated.
Mar 4, 2018 9:09 AM

Sep 2015
Takufumi's little lie is likely not going to last long. Does anyone think he is going to be the surprise antagonist in the last episodes?
Mar 4, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
Another character with op powers.. Btw does someone know how many eps is left?
Mar 4, 2018 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
Some more interesting developments this week. I dunno why it never occurred to me they could just destroy the stone to save Gramps, but I'm glad it worked out. Juri seems screwed now, but I doubt the series is gonna end with her stuck in stasis alone. I wasn't expecting the blonde goon to be alive and become a herald either. But really? Nobody noticed it was Makoto controlling him and not the obnoxious dad? Well this should lead somewhere. I thought the dad could summon heralds in an earlier episode but at this point that probably isn't the case which means he's just around to be a douche/potential death fodder. After all these fakeouts I'm starting to doubt anyone's actually gonna die though. Regardless,  I doubt that herald will be enough to stop Toguro...err Sagawa, but we'll see. Plus I did also like that little pause to explain why they had to fight him. Until next week!
Mar 4, 2018 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
I'm just surprised that it can keep it comedic moment despite intense story. If there's less blood and death this could even be classified as 'family anime'.
Mar 4, 2018 10:13 AM
Oct 2007
Despite the kind of score I am rating this show at the moment, this is actually one of my most anticipated show this season every week.

The show in general gets better and better to watch. Sometimes I get eager to watch the next episode because of the cliffhanger and that very next episode might fall short but that doesn't change the fact that I look forward to the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
So Tobino transformed into a Herald ,quite convenient for the upcoming fight against Sagawa.

Makoto is definitely going to be the key factor in that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2018 10:53 AM
Jan 2015
Makoto new powers a little too convenient. Makes any previous suspense worth a lot less.
Mar 4, 2018 11:03 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty good episode, I wonder how they're gonna get out of this mess even if they beat Sagawa. I don't really like the father, I'm guessing he's going to turn into an antagonist towards the end.
Mar 4, 2018 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting developments this week, but it's kind of a shame that the emotional impact of Juri's sacrifice was glossed over and forgotten about so quickly, as it could and should have been a much more impactful revelation in all honesty.
Mar 4, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Juri smashes the stone to save grandpa from going but at her own cost of not leaving, the other girl can do the same thing so it they just have to hit each other at the same time.
Shiomi switches dies for his own good and makoto awakens a power.
Mar 4, 2018 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
Sagawa should just go the future already: Villainy 101 - If you try to fight the hero you WILL gonna lose
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 4, 2018 1:27 PM

Jun 2014
Makoto seems to have awakened an interesting power, but of course Juri's dad is going to pretend like it's his. I'm just waiting for him to, at some point, fuck things up and get them all involved in a worse situation. He seems dumb enough to eventually do that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 4, 2018 1:42 PM
Apr 2016
Told y'all Shiomi is a good boy.
If we look at it theoretically, Sagawa has, even if egoistic, noble wish to see the Truth as it was and will be. The methods, however, obviously paint him a villain, which is a darn shame if you ask me. But had he asked the family to help him out of their own volition, would they agree to it? And then there would be no friction to start the series, as the guy goes right to the Omega. It seems so local, insignificant, yet so deep and... eternal.
I am afirad Grandfather is not going back to the normal world, however. Should be quite obvious if you pay attention to the ending. Noble sacrifice and everything... Well.
Re:formed
Mar 4, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
Sagawa is one of those villians whose motives are arguably better than the hero's.
He wants to see beyond the horizon....to the very end.

He doesn't want power, material goods or recognition, just to observe the future. While our heroes just want to survive so they can go back to their daily lifes.

But, seriously, Killing innocent people just because he wants to see mankind ending in 2024 is too much.

But, now Makoto got a pet Herald.
So they got a monster to fight another monster.
Mar 4, 2018 2:52 PM
Apr 2016
Zahylon said:
Sagawa is one of those villians whose motives are arguably better than the hero's.
He wants to see beyond the horizon....to the very end.

He doesn't want power, material goods or recognition, just to observe the future. While our heroes just want to survive so they can go back to their daily lifes.

But, seriously, Killing innocent people just because he wants to see mankind ending in 2024 is too much.

But, now Makoto got a pet Herald.
So they got a monster to fight another monster.

Precisely so. Some decent input once in a while.
Mar 4, 2018 4:01 PM

Oct 2017
Episode had a lot of new developments, master stone was broken which messed around the current teams. I will say though, that the ending to come seems like it might end up with Juri staying behind, but hopefully they find a way to all return safely.

The lie that the dad made will probably either we found out quickly, or end up causing a lot of problems in the future episodes, like them relying on him in a battle. Hopefully Makoto speaks up about the lie. Can't wait for the new developments and next episode
Mar 4, 2018 4:19 PM
Jun 2017
wow!!! great episode, and now makoto also has awaken his special powers. together with Juri for sure it will be a powerful combo!!!
Mar 4, 2018 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
Tobino's transformation into a Herald is quite creepy. Got to know about Sagawa's end goal, but it's messed up he has to kill lots of people just to see the future. Looks like Makoto awakened an interesting power, but Juri's dad is pretending it's his. What a scumbag.
Mar 4, 2018 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
scientist man talking about the dude's ambitions just gave me an existential crisis lol
not sure if i should feel that the dad is a funny scumbag or a 'what an asshole' scumbag
dannymilkMar 4, 2018 6:08 PM
Mar 4, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2013
@BlackstarFallen , @dannymilk : scumbag dad may save them.

I think this will result in Sagawa being defeated.
Sagawa will fall for the trap, thinking Dad-kun is the one controlling the Herald, he'll knock him...only to have the Herald crush him because the one pulling the strings is Makoto.

Now, the main problem is how will Juri get out of the Stasis world.
Maybe she'll have to the Jellyfish out of her.
Mar 4, 2018 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Whao, we see another interesting power from Yukawa and that comedic part was pretty awesome XD. And also Sawaga's motive reveal which was kind of surprising despite how he acts. Also nice cliffhanger this time~
Mar 4, 2018 8:07 PM

Feb 2016
Am I the only one that is a bit frustrated as to how Sagawa managed to tame and virtually fully utilise the herald's powers!? Seems a bit convenient in order to move the plot along nicely.

I don't mind, even so much as a minute of an explanation would be great. What made Sagawa special and separate from the four conventional heralds that we've encounter thus far?

He just goes, oh, guess I try out this shit right now and it works impeccably. Compare that with Juri's bro, Tsubasa who succumbed to losing his soul almost immediately.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 4, 2018 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
Sagawa is a bad guy and everything but i actually really like his reasons. I just hope they figure something out to free Juri as well, maybe Juri's dad has some kind of power to help with that? idk now with makoto, everyone in the family showed to have some kind of super power except him and juri's brother
Mar 5, 2018 12:28 AM
Apr 2016
Rosny said:
Am I the only one that is a bit frustrated as to how Sagawa managed to tame and virtually fully utilise the herald's powers!? Seems a bit convenient in order to move the plot along nicely.

I don't mind, even so much as a minute of an explanation would be great. What made Sagawa special and separate from the four conventional heralds that we've encounter thus far?

He just goes, oh, guess I try out this shit right now and it works impeccably. Compare that with Juri's bro, Tsubasa who succumbed to losing his soul almost immediately.

It was explained in a not completely scientific way, yet believable, however you find fault with him and not with the whole family having superpowers in Stasis? Confused.
Zahylon said:
@BlackstarFallen , @dannymilk : scumbag dad may save them.

I think this will result in Sagawa being defeated.
Sagawa will fall for the trap, thinking Dad-kun is the one controlling the Herald, he'll knock him...only to have the Herald crush him because the one pulling the strings is Makoto.

Now, the main problem is how will Juri get out of the Stasis world.
Maybe she'll have to the Jellyfish out of her.

It is two more episodes before epilogue, they will have to do some more worldbuilding first. With the Stone gone (which Takafumi does not know) there is now Makoto who could ask the jellyfish to leave Juri, but will he be able to let himself out as well? There is also the second stone which was used by the society, if I recall correctly.
Mar 5, 2018 1:00 AM
Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
There is also the second stone which was used by the society, if I recall correctly.

Wasn't that an expectator stone? It can't be used without the main stone as far as i remember.
Mar 5, 2018 1:48 AM

Feb 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

It was explained in a not completely scientific way, yet believable, however you find fault with him and not with the whole family having superpowers in Stasis? Confused.

Oh I get how the Yukawa family has superpowers, it was great, they spent several of the inital episodes slowly explaining the concept, such as the rules about Heralds. Similar to other anime, the trope is that genes plays a large part in a person's affinity and perception of the 'spiritual world.' This family realised their potential and passed this genes and their knowledge down to their descendents.

We haven't had that with Sagawa. We know nothing yet. None of that slow buildup and accumulation of knowledge. Why was Sagawa so confident it will work? That he will be able to fully utilise the herald and not turn? What research did he do before getting to that point of plan execution?

Did I miss something, if I did, maybe you can point me in the right direction without spoilers. Hopefullly it will get explained later if not so.
Cloud_IllusionsMar 5, 2018 2:08 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 5, 2018 2:31 AM

Jul 2016
Takafumi is the true hero of this show.
Mar 5, 2018 6:00 AM
Apr 2016
Rosny said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Oh I get how the Yukawa family has superpowers, it was great, they spent several of the inital episodes slowly explaining the concept, such as the rules about Heralds. Similar to other anime, the trope is that genes plays a large part in a person's affinity and perception of the 'spiritual world.' This family realised their potential and passed this genes and their knowledge down to their descendents.

We haven't had that with Sagawa. We know nothing yet. None of that slow buildup and accumulation of knowledge. Why was Sagawa so confident it will work? That he will be able to fully utilise the herald and not turn? What research did he do before getting to that point of plan execution?

Did I miss something, if I did, maybe you can point me in the right direction without spoilers. Hopefullly it will get explained later if not so.

Basically he read a book on all that crap that spun about 6 centuries of experimenting with stasis, and mentally prepared himself to be able to control the jellyfishes after they enter him. Consider this Yukawa talent vs Sagawa knowledge. Besides Juri once dropped a line that maybe Yukawas and Sagawas were from the same family before Meiji, when everyone stopped using Stasis actively.
Daniel_NaumovMar 5, 2018 6:04 AM
Mar 5, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
well nice I like Makoto power... I hope the jig of the dad is up soon...god I kinda hate the guy
Mar 5, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Makoto my booooiiiiiiiii!!!!! Why is he helping his jerkish grandpa, though? This kid is too sweet! xD
Mar 5, 2018 9:41 AM

Jun 2017
Hey, someone else noticed?

ep8

ep9
I was distracted by the song, but the openings were full of flashs of the story and little changes until now.

Sagawa certainly have big plans. It would be funny if Makoto can control him XD
I was wondering about what happens if someone go out of Stasis, they start to move again in a "alternative universe" while other people still there? And what could happen if only Juri remain there? Can the other people move again?
"The Stairs to Adulthood May Not Always Lead Up" - Gintama.: Porori-hen - episode 1
Mar 5, 2018 10:55 AM
Apr 2016
hikikomoriMK-II said:
Hey, someone else noticed?

ep8

ep9
I was distracted by the song, but the openings were full of flashs of the story and little changes until now.

Sagawa certainly have big plans. It would be funny if Makoto can control him XD
I was wondering about what happens if someone go out of Stasis, they start to move again in a "alternative universe" while other people still there? And what could happen if only Juri remain there? Can the other people move again?

Yes they already did change OP which is nice, the fact they care for the details.
As theorized by Shiomi, Stasis does not only slow time, but can also speed it up for those inside it. Meaning if Juri is left there, well, she would still be moving too fast to be perceived by anyone and would be able to affect the world outside Stasis with ease. Stealing food, sleeping while people are brushing their teeth. But it all hints at grandfather sacrificing himself in one way or the other, except for him and Sagawa other should leave the Stasis alive.
Mar 5, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
How convenient, now the kid has the power to control Heralds and treat them like dogs lol.

Well Sagawa do have a point, but this statis thing just doesn't make any sense. Even if things are "explained" its so bullshit honestly

Rosny said:

no you are not, I was talking about this on the last week episode but seems like people are easily buying it and not caring at all because it was "explained". I could accept that Juri and her grandpa had some abilities (and even tho, they aren't that great) but then, transforming someone into an herald and being able to control it (even if it isn't at 100%) is just an asspull.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 5, 2018 11:56 AM
Apr 2016
HereticHunter said:
How convenient, now the kid has the power to control Heralds and treat them like dogs lol.

Well Sagawa do have a point, but this statis thing just doesn't make any sense. Even if things are "explained" its so bullshit honestly

Rosny said:

no you are not, I was talking about this on the last week episode but seems like people are easily buying it and not caring at all because it was "explained". I could accept that Juri and her grandpa had some abilities (and even tho, they aren't that great) but then, transforming someone into an herald and being able to control it (even if it isn't at 100%) is just an asspull.

You obviously can't understand/ can't make yourself superficially like the series and so you just blindly hate on it. You violated several logical chains (e.g. Yukawas can control Stasis, but when Sagawa does it is wrong even though you admit it was "explained"?). Your brain activity is pulled from there, not anything in this series.
Mar 5, 2018 12:38 PM

Feb 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
HereticHunter said:

You obviously can't understand/ can't make yourself superficially like the series and so you just blindly hate on it. You violated several logical chains (e.g. Yukawas can control Stasis, but when Sagawa does it is wrong even though you admit it was "explained"?). Your brain activity is pulled from there, not anything in this series.

I said "Explained" in quotation marks for a reason.

Thing is, I'm not gullible enough to buy all that. let me explain. Things went way too far from what was presented in the first episodes. Being able to stop time? that's Okay, the way how Statis is represented is cool and interesting. Being able to use some abilities in statis? that's fine, some of the abilities (Like teleporting) were quite convenient, but the one that Juri has, is used for statis purposes (like saving lives for example). Heralds as overseers of Statis had sense, and even the explanation behind how they are created was good enough. But then, they break it and the villain transforms into hulk~ish herald just because he wants to be able to see what the human kind will be in a couple of centuries.

The plot went from trying to save your family, to some religious conflict, to some Evangelion levels of Psychology.

I understand that they want to sell you some message through this, but I don't think it is the best way to portray it.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 5, 2018 1:00 PM

Jul 2015
what i don't understand is.. how the hell did Makoto pee in the last episode? shouldn't his pee stop right at the the tip of the dick? or did he moved backward step by step for every drop of pee.. damn its so frustrating...
anyways.. a pretty nice episode tbh... even now.. i feel like the characters are just too bland.. or should i say that they are too realistic.. (personality wise).. and lmao at the Dad... he's such a jerk that its laughable...oh and i really love Juri poker faces.. now and then..
4/5
Mar 5, 2018 2:04 PM
Mar 2017
Then the father has a power as well as to invoke the heralds, the child to control them, the daughter to expel specters, and the grandfather of teleportation.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 6, 2018 12:20 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode! feels like 5 minutes the whole episode!
Juri didn't even hesitated and completely destroyed the Master stone!
Even Shiomi switched sides because his priority is to go back to real world and since he saw that the Master stone is destroyed, its gonna be useless on Sagawa's side.
LOL at Juri's dad, just want to take advantage of Stasis world!
Tobino turned into a Herald! damn!
Even Makoto has special powers just like Juri but this time he's able to completely control Heralds on full obedience on his own free will!
Very nice development! they really could use Herald Tobino to fight against Sagawa!
5/5.

Mar 6, 2018 3:22 PM

Jan 2016
Although I do agree about how the 'powers' that family members get seem to be pretty overpowered and only exist as means to easily further the plot, I enjoyed this episode quite a lot.

The blend of exposition (and a very interesting villain motivation at that. I think this anime season's villains have all been very good thus far...) with integral plot elements and what I find best of all, the humour (I actually found myself laughing at Takufumi's scenes, which I had not done before), this is a pretty solid episode, and can't wait for more.
Mar 7, 2018 3:04 AM

Jan 2014
Oh boy, when the adorable, good natured innocent kid gets the powers to control Heralds xD
Mar 7, 2018 4:45 AM

May 2015
Can we talk about how Sako is best boi.
Mar 7, 2018 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
ButadonMeitantei said:
Although I do agree about how the 'powers' that family members get seem to be pretty overpowered and only exist as means to easily further the plot

This makes absolutely no sense. "They have a sword otherwise they would have already died and the sword exists as means to easily further the plot". And this can be said about everything, and saying so is mildly put wrong. Everything is a part of the story, the way the creator is trying to relay it. You take it out, it is a completely different story. You take their powers away - it is not Kokkoku anymore. I hope you will reflect upon such misuse of fine words.
Mar 7, 2018 6:10 PM

Jul 2015
OMG DAD SUCKS. A new, extremely convenient power has been revealed, made funnier by the fact that the boy is the one with it. Seems a little too easy but hey, it's still damn good and I'm still havin lots of fun with this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 8, 2018 4:08 PM

Jan 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

"They have a sword otherwise they would have already died and the sword exists as means to easily further the plot"

The problem is the 'swords' tend to come out of nowhere.
Mar 9, 2018 3:28 AM
Apr 2016
ButadonMeitantei said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

"They have a sword otherwise they would have already died and the sword exists as means to easily further the plot"

The problem is the 'swords' tend to come out of nowhere.

That would have been the case had not Yukawas been descendants of pure blood disciples. All of them have some kind of power, the question is whether they will unlock it during the series or not. This is not the sword that simply drops from the sky into the hands of the heroes. It is the sword thrown very high long time ago that returns back in the appropriate moment.
Mar 9, 2018 5:47 AM

Jun 2013
and now the kid also has a power which is a little convenient
Mar 9, 2018 9:42 PM

Aug 2017
Ahh a Herald to fight the main villain, too convenient. Another character with some power -.- I'm more disappointed now. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 9, 2018 11:41 PM
Mar 2012
Hulk + Terminator!! What is Sagawa the ultimate villain?
Suddenly we're talking about immortality & future of the universe...
Ah didnt quite expect Juri to destroy the stone.
Yay Makoto has a real giant robo to pilot.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

141 by fathandz »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

66 by fathandz »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

53 by fathandz »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

43 by fathandz »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:51 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2018

50 by fathandz »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.