Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 24, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2012
Shanashan said:
No proposal from Chiaki? I thought he is saying he would accept the proposal or something - meh, fine
But I still hoped that they can at least end the anime with a grand concerto with Nodame like the one in OP.
Read the epilogue chapter!
Nov 6, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2016
Ahh great ride, really liked this series. They should have gotten married though.
Jan 2, 2017 10:50 PM

Apr 2015
God,
THIS IS MASTERPIECE
Watching this marathon, no regret
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Mar 20, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2016
The ending wasn't THAT bad, but it would have been nice to get something more akin to a proper closure. For some reasons, Nodame's antics weren't that fun and sweet for me anymore, they felt kinda forced. Well, maybe that's just me.
I wanted to see more about Rui, i loved her character. Maybe i'm gonna get a lot a flak for what i'll say, but i honestly wouldn't have minded an Rui x Chiaki "pairing".

Overall, a fun watch. 8/10 in my book.
May 30, 2017 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
Nice ending.
She is still going to pursue her dream together with Chiaki.
Jul 28, 2017 6:09 PM

Apr 2013
Really disappointing ending to the entire series.
Aug 5, 2017 6:25 AM

Aug 2015
And it's over, just like that.

Nodame was a fantastic series for me. I love soooo many things about it. The character developments were off the charts for Nodame especially. I love Nodame, I love this show.

Am I disappointed? Yes. I really really REALLY wanted a lot more from the our main couple. We went only as far as Kisses with hints of further but nothing concrete. But I'm not that sad. They hinted at marriage in this episode with Chiaki's line "I'll accept her proposal". So really, it's something that will happen in the future for their relationship and because of just that line, I can rest happy.

This part aside, love it all. What an awesome show. I love almost every character. I love Chiaki X Nodame. This is easily my top 10. The first season was more entertaining overall but the next two seasons were more mature than it and I love it. Felt like a romance between actual adults, hardly seen in anime.

Overall, Nodame Cantabile is a solid 10/10. I'm sad that it's over now :(
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Aug 6, 2017 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
DarkBlaze99 said:

Nodame was a fantastic series for me. I love soooo many things about it. The character developments were off the charts for Nodame especially. I love Nodame, I love this show.

Am I disappointed? Yes. I really really REALLY wanted a lot more from the our main couple. We went only as far as Kisses with hints of further but nothing concrete. But I'm not that sad. They hinted at marriage in this episode with Chiaki's line "I'll accept her proposal". So really, it's something that will happen in the future for their relationship and because of just that line, I can rest happy.

This part aside, love it all. What an awesome show. I love almost every character. I love Chiaki X Nodame. This is easily my top 10. The first season was more entertaining overall but the next two seasons were more mature than it and I love it. Felt like a romance between actual adults, hardly seen in anime.

READ THE EXTRA MANGA CHAPTER AND OPERA HEN!!! :>
Aug 7, 2017 1:29 PM

Aug 2015
Mayuka said:
DarkBlaze99 said:

READ THE EXTRA MANGA CHAPTER AND OPERA HEN!!! :>

I read the One Shot the same day of completing it. It was really nice, a much better conclusion which deserves to be animated one day hopefully. As for the opera hen, I read a few chapters and it seems like it isn't much about Chiaki X Nodame and more about conducting the opera itself. Which is fine but not what I really wanted. I may complete it one day but it's not the same without the actual music being played!

You think there's any chance for Opera hen to be adapted one day ? Or just the one shot ?
Aug 7, 2017 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
DarkBlaze99 said:
You think there's any chance for Opera hen to be adapted one day ? Or just the one shot ?
Nah, because it's been forever since Opera Hen was made. It's pretty short and it's alright if you like the series enough. There's a few romantic scenes in it!
Aug 8, 2017 2:28 AM

Aug 2015
Mayuka said:
DarkBlaze99 said:
Nah, because it's been forever since Opera Hen was made. It's pretty short and it's alright if you like the series enough. There's a few romantic scenes in it!

I may have to read it just for the romantic scenes! Oh well at least they adapted the main show completely unlike most shows nowadays.

I see that you really like Nodame yourself, glad to see others! Sucks that not many people talk about it. :(

I freaking love Nodame Cantabile.
Jan 2, 2018 9:29 PM
Nov 2009
I think the Author ran out of ideas on how to finish the story and simply decided to leave it on an open note. I mean come one these people are only 24 (Nodame) 25? (Chiaki) Both which are still working their way towards becoming stars in their fields.

But yes the current open ending doesn't really fit the story format very well. :/
With all those struggles and honestly their relationship being in focus, not to mention all the open threads that where left untouched. I would rather have seen a more serenee closure between the two. As with those moments they had togheter with those kisses and hugs.. :(
Mar 13, 2018 7:41 AM
Mar 2018
Honestly, I don't understand the ending. So much has happened and I felt that the ending did not live up to all that. The montage at the end felt like they were trying to tie up all the loose ends as quickly as possible. I would have liked to watch Chiaki and Nodame's performance.
May 21, 2018 6:08 PM

Jul 2015
I didn't really like that ending...
I mean Nodame and Chiaki didn't HAVE to get married in the end but I just wanted to see a bit more of them at the end. :'(
May 22, 2018 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
Mio said:
I mean Nodame and Chiaki didn't HAVE to get married in the end but I just wanted to see a bit more of them at the end. :'(
read opera hen and extra chapter!!!
May 22, 2018 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
Mio said:

ohh! thank you hahaha i was still disappointed about that ending :0
May 22, 2018 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
Mio said:
Mayuka said:

lol honestly, i was a bit disappointed too

but i find it more realistic than most romance anime/manga
May 23, 2018 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
Mio said:

lol honestly, i was a bit disappointed too

but i find it more realistic than most romance anime/manga

hahaha, that is true though. not everything has to end in they get married and live happily ever after :D thanks again for the link!! will read opera hen when i get the chance :>
Aug 8, 2018 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
warning: extremely sappy post coming thru!

This is the end of my [5th] runthrough/rewatch of the series. All main story episodes in 4 days.

I'm blown away as usual.

I expected to get hit harder with the drama in the last few episodes, but it was not that intense as I thought. In a way, yes but my first time watching Nodame, I thought it was really hard to watch. This time, I was okay. It's a good turning point and lots of room for character growth. I did tear up multiple times, I can't deny that. It's just that - I really see myself in Nodame. We both have this inferiority complex and we always think that we're not good enough compared to other people. She's scared of going into a new world, as am I. Seeing her run away was a sight to behold, but she grew. We both want to be free and do whatever that makes us happy. It's a really difficult world to experience that when you're not capable of sticking to one path and doing the normal routine (studying and competitions for example). I'm like her and that's why I love watching her journey. She inspires me, and so does Shinichi.

Again, the romance kept on getting even better. It's so lovely to see Shinichi basically admit he can't live without her and he needs her by his side. I can't believe it's evolved this much from their almost-abusive relationship. It's a romance anime with minimal romantic scenes and least PDA but it's simply the best. Like I've said in my other comments, I never considered Nodame Cantabile to be a "great romance anime" but rewatching it has made me reconsider. This is [my] the best romance anime I have seen up to date. They feel so authentic (minus the rough start) and I love their pure love, how they love each others' music and help each other grow into a "rising star".

Some comments for the entire series. I scored everything with a perfect 10 but aaaaahhh. I really wish there was a bit more stuff in the middle. Simply ~50 episodes (including OVAs and such) isn't enough, especially when most of it is taken up by music. The main story was told but I'm just disappointed that such a masterpiece only had that much content. Meanwhile, we have other anime/manga milked to the extreme. I just wish it was maybe like 150 episodes or something - multiple seasons like Major, the baseball anime that showcases a character's journey to success like Nodame. The other characters can get more touching up on like Tanya, Kuroki, Frank... We could see more Noda and Shinichi romantic moments. I'm just a bit saddened that it's so short overall. It could be more than a 10/10 but it's just that much. I wonder if I will ever watch or read any anime/manga that tops this for me. You'd need to have a theme I love (aka music or mystery), have a strong romance, have a great storyline, have an interesting premise, have a good motif annnnd to top it off, you need to move me. Now, that's hard. I have seen longer anime that have moved me but they've all had moments where I sigh and have to lower my mental score I give it down to an 8 or 9/10 instead of a perfect 10. Nodame has never made me feel like that at the slightest. I've never felt that it's lesser than a 10.

Nodame Cantabile is something that changed my life. I actually got more invested in classical music and became a musician because of it when I first watched it 7 years ago. I didn't expect to fall in love with classical music but this anime really brought me into it and I've found something to keep living for. I want to perform and be in an orchestra one day (again) and grow as a musician. I want to become stronger so I can be someone worth of loving. I want to experience the heart pounding moments that Noda and Shinichi have had. I want to make friends like theirs. I want to create magic (music).

I will probably watch the J-drama in my next Nodame "rewatch/reread" session, in a few months. Then, manga. Then, anime... Maybe in 6 years from now.

Thank you, Ninomiya Tomoko,
The seiyuu such as Ayako and Seki and others,
The anime production cast,
The composer for the anime OST,
The... dead composers for the classical music lol,
JC Staff for making this anime perfect,
Thank you so much.

(Btw, I met Ayako at an anime convention and got my Nodame fanbook signed. One day I'll meet Seki too!)
Dec 30, 2018 1:52 PM

May 2016
I really wanted to their concerto why just tell me why the don't do that 7/10
Apr 13, 2019 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't like it. Season 1 was playful and okay. Didn't like seasons 2 or 3. I mostly watch harem and shounen.
Jun 5, 2019 7:44 PM

Sep 2017
Huh... idk if I've felt this underwhelmed by a series finale before. They really should have adapted the last two volumes. Honestly this series story progression has always felt so uninspired with no real sense of direction. Seldom did I feel a big build up to an emotional climax. Earlier in the series there were times were I felt we were going somewhere serious and I was starting to feel engaged, but it would always be cut short.

I could really go into a lot of detail about that point I just made and why I think it hindered a lot of my investment in this series going forward, but I'll just leave it with a kinda disappointed meh.
Aug 9, 2019 8:42 PM
Apr 2016
Just like hoped and expected, they made up. Everyone is continuing their musical careers, it was shown well. Overall, a satisfying happy ending, after some heart wrecking drama. I believe this season surpasses both the first and the second season, it was just very good.
Oct 6, 2019 7:32 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, I'm in tears.

Ok, we didn't get a wedding. So what? It was still a perfect finale. The Mozart Sonata and how Chiaki helped Nodame to overcome her insecurities gotta be one of the most powerful parts of the whole series. It was just magic. The epilogue was also extremely rewarding. Music brought all those people together and I loved how each of these characters got their conclusion. They've really grown on me so much.

So yeah, all around brilliant conclusion and we came full circles in a way. S1 will still be my favorite after all, even tho I also appreciated to see more of romantic side of Chiaki's and Nodame's relationship in Paris-hen and Finale. Well, every aspect of their relationship was very enjoyable.

The comedy kicked ass in all three seasons, one of the few series where I laughed several times in pretty much every single episode. Admittedly, half of the time it was thanks to Nodame and her odd sounds haha.

I would say that the drama wasn't outstanding compared to other series, I was more into it for the music, the light heartedness and the character chemistry. Yet when it tried to be dramatic it was effective for me due to me being so invested in those characters, but this makes the farewell all the more painful.

9/10 for this season 9,5/10 for the whole thing and now I'm going to continue crying.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2019 12:02 AM

Jul 2012
@FMmatron read the sequel opera hen + epilogue chap! still a bit left and it talks about marriage and such too :)
Jun 2, 2020 6:01 AM
Jun 2020
I really wanted to see them play a live concerto together that's all I asked for to show how they have grown and supported each other but that was a disappointment for me
Jun 11, 2020 10:15 AM

Jan 2018
Welp time to read the opera- hen then
But it wasn't such a bad ending!

I was scared she was going to leave music or something ;;
Jun 28, 2020 9:30 AM
Feb 2018
Rewatching; I am so so so much dissatisfied with the ending every time...this was suppose to be the grand finale you big dumb idiot jc staff.
NeaowJun 28, 2020 9:37 AM
Jun 28, 2020 9:32 AM
Feb 2018
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh
Aug 17, 2020 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
what about the proposal? Damn it! what about the proposal?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 13, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2007
so she really was about to break up with him? sigh...whatever.. [upd: ok i wasn't 'whatever', i'm still fuming two months later. imagine if Chiaki told Megumi "if you're worse than me at piano, i'm not gonna be able to love you anymore". why is it ok for her to say this shit and everyone is like "aw, she is so quirky". all the way up to this point we were told that Megumi is sooo in love... like yeah, i see now. obsession and love are different things. 'loving' someone because of their talent only... yikes. ]
anyways it was enjoyable minus the "love story" thing
SorvarinNov 11, 2020 2:53 AM
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 6, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2021
Dang:((( I’m not really a fan of this ending but oh well I still enjoyed this series.
8/10
Jun 7, 2021 7:20 PM
Jun 2013
That ending was pure trash. Unbelievable. I sat through 3 seasons for this. No engagement, marriage, final kiss, confessional dialogue, or concerto. Unacceptable. That was not satisfying at all. Even Tanya and Kuroki were still in the we like each other but are acting like we don't phase...Rui spent so much time in the story only to randomly get paired with this forgotten side-character...I don't think I liked a single thing in this finale.

Overall this season is like a 6/10 for me. Second season was the peak of the show (9/10).
Aug 30, 2021 11:49 AM

Aug 2017
I like how the whole Japan crew made several cameos during the last 2-3 episodes. I was really expecting Nodame and Chiaki to get married but the ending wasn't really bad or rushed as people told me. Its better than S2, less rushed episodes and much better music. One of the best anime from this season. 8/10 for the anime.

Overall, I enjoyed Nodame Cantabile.
NurguburuSep 4, 2021 12:08 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 12, 2021 7:31 AM
Jan 2020
Despite finding the ending a bit disappointing, I did enjoy this season mostly overall. I wonder if Opera-hen's ending will be good.
Nov 3, 2021 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
I started watching this not know anything about classical music and know I still know nothing about classical music. Am I the only one who finished watching this series without knowing the difference between the songs that were played badly and the songs that were played well?
Nov 3, 2021 6:04 PM
Jan 2017
I kinda expected Viella to have more impact in the series tho.
Mar 11, 2022 2:54 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. Onsager reciprocal relations.
Oct 14, 2022 4:08 AM
Jun 2020
Just glanced through the discussions, and it seems like there's more disappointment in the absence of a proposal/marriage, than the absence of a piano concerto of Chiaki and Nodame.

Maybe because to me, marriage doesn't define the love they share. Is just a ceremony anyway~ As long as they are together, then is a good romance plot for me. lol, just don't see the big deal of the marriage/proposal thing.

But why is there no concerto? I really wanna see them become the Golden couple of concertos. Would have been a great ending since they both worked towards that goal.

The ending doesn't feel like an end. Feels like their lives and adventures continued behind the backs of the audience (us).
*sigh*

Really wanted to see them performing together in an orchestra. And Nodame besting her performance with Stressman.
Sep 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Dec 2019
I'm fed up with Nodame she ticks me off so much, Kiyora hell even Tanya (ok maybe not) are much just better for Chiaki. Was hoping Nodame would develop but she remained as a weak nuance to Chiaki who offers nothing except for holding him back :/

First season was super good, after it just became an underwhelming unexciting drama, guess I'm missing the previous characters? Up until now I've just been watching for the sake of Chiaki. I think it's weird to call this a "finale" when the studio doesn't plan out what to adapt properly, seems like J.C.Staff eventually thought it would be best to drop this franchise entirely, just goes to show how cheap the studio has always been
EuroqeanSep 23, 2023 6:21 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

113 by bucciest »»
Jan 9, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 14, 2010

124 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 12, 2010

81 by Preachee »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.