Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Mar 3, 2018 1:59 AM
Sep 2017
[/quote]
You're right, her hair is straight sticking to the side and not downwards. Her shadow is so much weirder than what she actually looks like. Btw sorry i didnt reply sooner, the quote thing seemed to fail on ur latest post.
[/quote]

She still is pretty gorgeous. Hahhaha. But no worries man! Till the next episode! :D
Mar 3, 2018 2:01 AM
Sep 2017
yungawkward said:

HAhah my bad, full klaxosaur sounds way much more accurate than full demon form. Can you link the image of Zero Two with the huge shadow that u were talking about in the post below. Cheers!

https://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=734&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=TI6TWqzIOoz2vgSDhYU4&q=darling+in+the+frankxx+phone+wallpaper&oq=darling+in+the+frankxx+phone&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0l2.122257.123281.0.123958.6.4.0.2.2.0.139.548.0j4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.5.435...0i67k1j0i10i67k1.0.KYXKf0jNwhM#imgrc=EtSJ1e0ujXj6VM:

Its actually one of the poster pictures of the series. I have it as my phone wallpaper! But in hindsight, it isn't as dramatic as I made it sound. Hahhahaa. My bads good sir! Cheers to you too![/quote]

You're right, her hair is straight sticking to the side and not downwards. Her shadow is so much weirder than what she actually looks like. Btw sorry i didnt reply sooner, the quote thing seemed to fail on ur latest post.[/quote]

She still is pretty gorgeous! But no worries man. Till the next episode! :D
Mar 3, 2018 3:42 PM

Feb 2013
Obligatory beach episode.

... they had different swimsuits in the ED...
Mar 3, 2018 10:11 PM

May 2017
Well that was a decent beach episode. The fan service was nice and we got some plot stuff like the intro of new characters and the discovery of a baby book. Honestly, my favorite Zero Two parts were when she wasn't swimming around. And while Zero Two is best girl I have some fun rooting for Ichigo.
Mar 3, 2018 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
Well that was awful. It wasn't enough to give us a beach episode, it had to be terribly animated, too. Really disappointed with this episode.
Mar 4, 2018 6:44 PM

Sep 2017
Beach episode.....
No problem we got a lot of character development and world building so can't really complain.

ボールルームダンサー
Mar 5, 2018 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
Tomlora said:

There are so many things we need to know :D

002, but also Hiro, this world, etc..

Yes :D And i have a feeling that we won't have a good ending.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2018 10:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The book that took on the floor, about the origin of the babies, it will bring theme!!! kekeke
Mar 8, 2018 12:41 AM

Mar 2010
Absolutely pathetic. A Beach episode, seriously? It might have been more bearable if the characters were actually interesting, but since they're barely cardboard cut-outs, it was a borefest. Not that the action filled episodes are much better.
Mar 8, 2018 5:18 PM

Aug 2017
The beach episode. I don't like it. It feels like a filler episode. Ichigo is interrupted, again, this can happen one time but no more times. That's is just to add more dumb drama in the future. Please, no more love triangle. Is there is some sort of character development here? Nope, that's not 'development'. Some guys and some girls are playing, nothing more lol. That is just interactions between the main cast (something that happened in previous episodes). The girls besides Ichigo and Zero Two feels so generic to care about them. Why the main cast are outside? What happen if some generic monster attacks? -.- 2/5
NurguburuMar 8, 2018 5:24 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2018 12:03 AM
Sep 2017
Plot, plot plot PLOTTTTTTTTTT

Mar 11, 2018 6:52 AM

Sep 2012
This was the worst possible thing they could have shown me. A beach episode with absolutely no robots is like the essence of everything I dislike about this show x/ The setting exposition was nice, but it's not nearly enough to keep me engaged.
Mar 13, 2018 3:35 PM
Aug 2017
loved how right now its taking a brake from the main story and going into filler like ep but you get to know each character well. before the storm hits since evangelion and trigger like to kill of people cant wait till the pull the genocide on us.
Mar 15, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
So.. What if it turns out that Zero Two is the human one and the children and the adults etc are actually monsters?

Really reminds me of the upside down movie. You'll really only know what this means if you've seen this movie.

This show's pace is actually very methodical because it actually allows you to think without throwing everything at you for you.

This is one of the very few anime series that I've seen that has conspiracy theories etc.

And people need to realize this beach episode is actually so amazing because it gives fanservice and actually drives the plot forward. The book that the girl picked up about babies and the sign.. This episode will make the characters grow more which is what we all should want.

On another note, the animation is absolutely amazing. The animation alone should make this anime a contender for Anime of the year... The character design of Zero Two is also absolutely unique.. Really impressed by this anime so far.

A lot of ?'s but its a 24 episode series that pacing is obviously slow.
SasoraMar 15, 2018 10:24 AM
Mar 24, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2016
After all that has happened kinda weird to see an episode like this.

Set by SenpieX
Apr 9, 2018 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
Bitch episose. It feels like it's a law in the anime industry that every show one in a while should have an episode like this. It's boring I think really but it got me curious with what really happened with society back then that resulted to the people to live in iron domes and making slaves out of kids.
Apr 10, 2018 2:33 PM

Dec 2014
God I'm happy that Zoeome is cool now. He was such a dick for no reason in the earlier episodes but I'm glad he see's Hiro as a comrade now.

Beach scenes always make me happy because somewhere along, the guys are going to plot to watch the girls in plainsight and get caught, or hidden and still get caught LOL.

Zero Two knows about the outside world so much I have to ask myself how?

I just can't get this sinking feeling something BIG is about to happen. I don't want anyone to die..

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Apr 24, 2018 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
Of course this has a beach episode. Something has fanservicey as this series wouldn't skip a beat. Even a supposedly sweet series like Gakuen Babysitters had a beach episode. All we need is an onsen episode and we're all set.

Kokoro found a child-birthing book and will probably want to make her own baby. Hopefully, not with fatty. I'm cucking this babe with Mitsuru. They're obviously perfect for each other.

Hiro is your typical shounen who blushes when a girl is in a bathing suit. Jesus Christ, you've seen her naked and you're blushing at the sight of her in a bathing suit? Fucking loser.

臭い-
Apr 25, 2018 5:04 AM

Apr 2015
I just noticed that most "sweet childhood friend moments" happen on beaches. Reminds me of Shigatsu
May 2, 2018 2:46 AM

Mar 2016
Man the previous episode was the worst but I like this, the fanservice and character interactions are surprisingly good
Aug 8, 2018 9:40 PM

May 2012
Hmm while I personally don't mind a beach episode, for some reason it does feel very misplaced in this series.

The forgotten city they explored was quite interesting however, and I do wonder if they'll do anything with that book they found. Well all in all a good episode but I do wonder what's next.
Sep 28, 2018 5:12 PM

Mar 2016
Of course, there would be one of those classic beach episode after long days of fighting. And in this episode it's the type where the squad went off for adventure in the end. I must say that I love the balance of fan service and characters interactions. The boys were hilarious when they abduct Hiro to know what a kiss is, lol! There're a couple of yuri and yaoi scenes in this episode for those who like it. Also the little adventure, in the end, was really nice and relaxing... It's fascinating that they don't even know that the abandoned city was how humans used to live and how much they praised Papa. I'm starting to think there's some bad shit going on in the background...

This needs to be resolved ASAP. Hiro thought that Ichigo's feelings towards him are merely that of siblings. But nope! She loves him and he didn't even know that. So far, I never actually see Hiro loving anyone romantically, even Zero 2! Yes, he did get embarrassed or blushed during certain scenes but those were natural depending on the situation. Is hero dense or something?! Whatever is the case, this Love Triangle have to be solved one way or another, though it's quiete interesting to observe...

And what now... Dr.Franxx telling Hiro not to lose his emotions to her? The audience demands explanations!

This episode got a quite special beach edition ED
ShadowkillZSep 28, 2018 8:13 PM
Oct 7, 2018 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
Actually, this episode is relaxing and nice.

but still..
Dec 23, 2018 9:06 PM

Jun 2015
ah of course, the classic beach episode. suppose even mecha animes get this.
i got a hidden feeling goro and ichigo are gonna end up liking each other, or maybe goro will/likes ichigo and its one sided.
nice lighthearted episode
Dec 21, 2019 1:13 AM
Dec 2019
Ahh.. notorious beach episode... right on queue. For some reason it's usually on episode 7 for a lot of anime lol
Apr 18, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
Quite a good episode actually. SoL fanservice mixed in some more information about their world.
May 5, 2020 4:14 AM

Feb 2018
Zero two is so cute, xD...
May 12, 2020 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
Ah yes the obligatory beach episode!
Seems like we found the post apocalyptic part of the show with the little city they found, I wonder how many years have passed.

Good mix of worldbuilding and character development this episode.
Jun 2, 2020 5:47 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Is this the best episode or what? I always meme and mock beach episodes, but this one has got to be one of the best I've seen, I was preparing to bash on how they decided to scrap some story elements to cramp a beach episode in there but it really worked and just fined.
Jul 1, 2020 1:21 PM

Feb 2020
I didn't expect a beach episode and was quite unsure about it at first, but given how fast-paced the show has been since episode 1, a more laid-back episode actually was very welcome.
It was also pretty refreshing to see the focus shift a bit from Zero Two in order to focus more on the rest of the team. They actually are quite endearing (and Zorome is surprisingly growing on me, I'm starting to like this guy).
It was alo nice to see how much everyone has been sheltered from everything related to love. Kokoro especially seems to be quite interested in babies... Maybe she'll find out she wants to be a mom ? She's got a caring personality after all.
And Ichigo's receiving some development... I really feel bad for her.
But I still would like to get some info about the world they live in, is it actually a post-apocalyptic one or something ?
And once again, the fanservice is annoying but unfortunately expected from such an episode. I just wish they spent less time showing us the girls' curves.
FafetteJul 1, 2020 1:49 PM
Jul 5, 2020 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
So even when fighting for your life there will still be a beach episode. Alright then.

So these teens don't know about kissing but they have random facts like making wishes on shooting stars. Alright then. Zero Two shouldn't be letting Ichigo score relationship points with her "darling". Should be sitting on him, literally if need be.

So drilling for magma awoke the klaxosaurs. I suppose we'll see if thats the full truth, a show like this I'm sure the elders are up to something nefarious, would be more surprising if all they are interested in is protecting the people under their charge. I'm sure these "children" will never become adults either, some revelation on that front coming I'm sure.
Jul 23, 2020 3:21 AM

Jun 2020
great episode the world building in this was great, i loved when they chanced upon the ruins of that small town it was silently beautiful

also that whole "i'm a man too!" convo between the boys was stupid. if they don't even know what a kiss/sex is that entire dialogue is full of loopholes. yes they can still be physically attracted to the opposite sex but lol! that was dumb

kokoro is sucha babe she's so cute too

this ED song was cute & suited this beach episode summery feels but overall i still prefer the previous ED. and 02 looked so good in the ED visuals!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 21, 2020 11:44 AM
Aug 2020
Beach episode!!!
Sep 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Aug 2020
Calm before the storm huh? Not bad! I love beach episodes! Damn now I am going crazy with my shipment. Ichigo OR ZeroTwo!?? I mean both are good and lovely. I am more confused now lol @_@
Oct 8, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2018
Really nice episode, learned lots about the world and got to see those cute girls in swimsuits!!

Nov 25, 2020 5:59 AM
Aug 2020
this episode was so cuteeee Zorome feels like a completely diferent person, he's way better now
idk why people don't like Ichigo, she's adorable
it feels so good to see that the whole crew is happy, incluiding Hiro and Zero two
Mar 4, 2021 6:06 PM

May 2017
The second ending is as beautiiful as the first one

Mar 4, 2021 6:10 PM

May 2017
This episode has been very calm, relaxing and refreshing. Your typical beach episode! And we got character bonding and added some interesting lore to the background story

Mar 18, 2021 8:31 AM
Oct 2020
one of my fav eps tbh
Apr 6, 2021 8:27 PM
Apr 2021
In that episode a lot of cute movement
May 29, 2021 12:49 AM

Feb 2021
blazehero said:
Kokoro's book is going to lead to sex between pairs for sure. This entire series has been a metaphor for sex, might as well do it for real.

Nice refreshing episode. Zorome-bro is bro.

Haha yes. I think so too lol

May 29, 2021 12:55 AM

Feb 2021
Liked this episode (definitely not because of the fan-service lol). Jokes aside the ruins were a nice place and helped a bit in the world building. I think the book Kokoro found is gonna tell them all about reproduction and stuff. They still didn't give a scientific reason for Hiro's condition to disappear just like that. Ichigo accepting 002 and the whole squad accepting 002 and Hiro as official members. Oh and Goro is also cultural, mind it XD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Also I'm pretty sure when the secret behind Papa and why there are no adult pilots and parasites will be revealed, code 666 will be the most devastated since he wants to be an adult so bad.

Jun 15, 2021 9:40 PM

Apr 2021
Well they are all on vacation and on the beach too.....the perfect setting to relax a bit...Gr8 episode
Jun 18, 2021 6:47 AM

Jun 2020
A beach episode refreshing to see a change of pace for a while away from all the action and battles

Each of them had their moments and some of them want to know what love is like lol Zorome wants to know what kissing is and decided to do it to Hiro lmao, And Mitsuru brought them to a deserted town a little bit of a teaser from the past

That was a nice night walk from Hiro and Ichigo it's actually sweet although I'm feeling unease, especially for Ichigo.
Jul 3, 2022 1:28 AM
Sep 2020
The visuals in this ep is just breathtaking.

Ichigo has declared her wish and so we officially have a love triangle :D.
Sep 28, 2022 9:49 PM
Dec 2021
best episode. beach scene >>> hiro rlly wanted that kiss
Oct 3, 2022 9:02 AM
Aug 2022
my 2nd best!!!!! anime ever must watch!
Nov 30, 2022 11:07 AM
Feb 2021
The end of the ep is crazy good
Jan 5, 2023 12:00 PM
Dec 2022
Lovely episode. Ichigo's jealousy is touching.
Jun 6, 2023 12:29 AM
Jul 2022
Beach episode wasn't too bad, little boring.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.