Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2018 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
This show did have another episode and it aired today on Tokyo TV for the finale.

A big performance that concluded everything. I suppose it's the end but for the group, it's their story's beginning. The performance itself felt so-so to me. They did showcase the talent of the characters but I didn't find it too impressive.
Jan 7, 2018 5:03 PM

Mar 2014
CGI didnt look as bad this episode, mostly due to the consistency in screentime.

I would think jumping into the crowd would be pretty inconvenient for the for the crowd. They essentially cutting off 70% of exposure to their fans; there are the cameras but com'on, ain't no way they have the proper set up to get a clear shot of the girls. Then theres the crowd moving out of the way for them; there would be a lot of "pushing" as in tightly packed and the outer crowd being "forced" to expand out. Might be fine for some young people but remember that there are seniors in the crownd aswell. I highly doubt it would be pleasent for them.

Im just thankful that the crowd didnt turn into a pack of wild fujoshi and swarm the girls.

A good clean start for run girls run.

I can safely assume that japan is more fun than the USA.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jan 8, 2018 10:31 AM

Sep 2015
Now it is time to stop making WUG anime! Thanks for ruining this season Director-san, that was awful
Jan 8, 2018 12:14 PM
Oct 2016
After one week break, the finale is here. And earlier than i expected. To keep it short, it was good. The outfits RGR had were cool as was the song. Same i would say about the song Polaris WUG! sang.

So yeah, i enjoyed this, despite the animation was odd. Still, i wouldn't mind more of this. I mean, RGR has potential and i personally would like to see more of them. I might guess there was a hint of some sort at the end. "This story is only the beginning!"
MrGarlandJan 8, 2018 12:35 PM
Jan 8, 2018 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
Well, now we know where they put all the budget in.

But still, this season was real let down, it was just rehash of previous with no clear goal whatsoever... disappointing is the only world that I can say.

They tried to put too much in (Run Girls, Next Storm, Vdols, and so on) and in the result the WUG story was hardly developed well. Nothing really important happened in terms of developement this season.

Watch and forget I guess.
Jan 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Jan 2015
that was a very sweet episode, teared up a bit <3 animation was nice too! Hayasaka realizing who real idols are,if only I-1 boss would realize that Mayushi is a top idol and regret losing her that'd be so great, guess we have to wait for next season for that.
Concert was nice overall. Polaris is a great song.

Now just waiting for next movie/season about Wug or Run girls run or both. cant wait
Jan 8, 2018 5:27 PM
Nov 2017
I think they should stop WUG anime at this point. If they want to continue making one more season or movie or sequel. They'd better return to the old studio and collaborate with the previous diretor. The old character designs might be not as sparkly as the one in shin shou but at least they put their heart into making season 1
Jan 8, 2018 7:34 PM

Sep 2015
dondondonWUG said:
I think they should stop WUG anime at this point. If they want to continue making one more season or movie or sequel. They'd better return to the old studio and collaborate with the previous diretor. The old character designs might be not as sparkly as the one in shin shou but at least they put their heart into making season 1

Not sure what you are on about. WUG is about songs and their team which exist outside anime, series story came in second. If you are a fan of WUG which your name seem to imply, then what kind of animation by studio doesn't really matter.
Jan 8, 2018 7:35 PM

Sep 2015
Been waiting for 'Polaris' since previous episode, but the 1st song 'Jewelry Wonderland' by I-1 definately top notch also.
valvravetruthJan 8, 2018 7:42 PM
Jan 8, 2018 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
Nice finale with a lot of performances.

I like how the episode closed with Mayu's classic monologue.
That Hayasaka Engrish at the end. xD

Overall, this was definitely the weakest season of WUG by far which is a real shame since I like the first two seasons.

Mich666 said:
Well, now we know where they put all the budget in.
They tried to put too much in (Run Girls, Next Storm, Vdols, and so on) and in the result the WUG story was hardly developed well. Nothing really important happened in terms of developement this season.
Watch and forget I guess.

Pretty much sums up what I thought of the season as well. Nothing really clicked this season and it felt like a bunch of random stuff thrown in, if there is another WUG anime I really hope it's done better.

6/10
Jan 9, 2018 12:27 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty decent wrap-up. The first season was way better by far, as the animation was way more consistent, and the setting more fresh. This EP was consistent, and the songs were great, too. The ending was pretty good, so at least it ends on a good note.
Jan 10, 2018 3:55 AM

Jan 2013
Quite pleased with how the whole series played out with the animation being the exception. The low budget or lack of passion to animate scenes (unlike S1) really showed. Glad it didn't go cheery like the others (Love Live, Idolmaster, etc) and remained what makes WUG unique.

That concert was real good and wow at the Polaris song but dammit... wouldn't be WUG if SOMETHING didn't go wrong... oh well there's always the CD version whenever it is planned to release. Got the character song 3 to listen to in the meantime.

Even tho I liked the concert the plastic CGi is just not for me not like I can do anything about it but enjoy it. Would of been nicer if it was a hand-drawn like S1 were at times.
Jan 10, 2018 7:41 AM
May 2015
I've hated the new art since first ep. I'd usually just drop the whole thing.. but look, I still finished the entire series. Guess I've become a real fan afterall..

CGs are better this time.. but I would still like to see the old art (especially when they are not dancing), they can keep the CG during dances... WE NEEDZ THE OLD hand-drawn art for the next season/ova/movie PLEASE.

Still, thinking of how WUG started... Looking at them now. T^T soo proud and soo happy for them T^T
Jan 10, 2018 10:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Glad this episode was pretty much a mini concert, so many songs played. I'm looking forward to any series with the RGR group. Overall the season was alright, I really enjoyed the concert so that's more than good for me.

RGR kept their composure and managed to finish the song despite bumping into one another, same for WUG. Now the wait for more WUG :)

Jan 14, 2018 1:31 PM

Oct 2013
This was a surprise. It seemed pretty much at an end last ep, but here we are with a finale. I liked it.
Jan 14, 2018 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
5/5

I really liked how they want directly from one song to the next non-stop. Tachiagare! is still the best.

My gosh, their mics stopped working... now that is WUG drama right there!

6/10 (above average, rest was 7/10)
Unfortunately this season lost that WUG drama that made it so great. I can hardly refer to it as "dark idol" anymore. It was still enjoyable, it just was not better in any way than the previous.
Jan 18, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2010
Idek why people whine about art all the time when it comes to this series. I personally found the older art choppy and prefer this even if there are still frames, at least it's good to look at. Besides, the feel of the show is same as ever, doesn't that matter more? Anyways 7/10 for this, needed more Miyu.
Feb 10, 2018 9:02 AM

Dec 2012
The animations of the concert were not too bad. I liked how they sang the songs without having a break.
Regarding WUG's concert, there were too many fans, the crowd was 20 times larger than the stage >.<. Anyway it doesn't matter that much, it was a good finale :).

About the story, this season was less interesting because it was not enough focused on the group. There were too many topics to follow at the same time.
However, for me, the main flaws are the character design and the animations. In WUG! Shin Shou, there are episodes where the girls are not even animated during the whole episode...
Fortunately, the songs are still good!
Feb 10, 2018 3:35 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was interesting and the less boring.

I think they should have done a movie instead of a TV Series to avoid boredom and 'unnecessary' things.
WUG first movie is still the best. I think it's probably the best movie / "episode" of an idol anime I have watched.

Although I'm a fan of the first movie and of its sequel (the TV series that comes right after it), I can't help but give this season a 6/10 >< =(
TechOtakuFeb 10, 2018 3:38 PM
Feb 12, 2018 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
Why it have only 12 episodes on it's page?
“I’ve found it. I finally found it. Something only I can protect...
A precious treasure only I can protect. It was right here. Right in front of me, all along…”

Feb 17, 2018 12:11 AM

Apr 2011
It was okay at the end. It was fun seeing all the idol groups all around Japan perform all at the same time.
Mar 26, 2018 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
finally finished this idol show!
Run Girl Run first performance was a success!
as well as WUG's awesome perfomance especially "7 Senses".
good thing the music composer sabotaged the I-1 stage so that more idol groups get more exposure!
5/5.
7/10.

Aug 17, 2019 5:28 AM

Dec 2012
Ah, what a way to end. I loved that extended WUG performance and seeing all of their songs tie together really made me think about how much they've grown since Tachiagare! The Polaris performance felt like WUG's Snow Halation. RGR's debut was pretty cute too. There's a natural charm to their nervousness and made me just want to root for them. As for RGR's role in this season, their presence was well served as support for WUG. Just the little things they did to help out went a long way in keeping WUG from drifting off course in its most chaotic moments.

Now I have to admit, I actually like V-Dol. It's pretty cute and I could certainly see the appeal. After all, I prefer anime idols to live performances. That said, Hayasaka really got to the heart of what makes real idols better. It's because in spite of their imperfections, flaws & mistakes, they can keep going and surpass even what a perfect product could deliver. It was far more touching to see WUG keep their performance going even as they experienced technical difficulties - even going so far as to get closer to the audience so they could hear the message of the song that WUG wanted to convey to them. And certainly watching the idol world come together for the Wake Up, Idol festival exceeds all expectations.

8/10, I'd love to see another season of WUG...just hopefully with a bit more than a shoestring budget.
May 15, 2021 4:24 AM

Mar 2019
I am just a few years too late to get to now more of WUG. Sadly they disbanded already a while ago.

But this is the perfect example to show how Idols make our life better and happier. No matter Vdols or real idols, just enjoy them if you like them.

I really loved WUG and RGR, these young girls have potential. In general definitely a MUST watch for every idol fan. 10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2017

53 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:24 PM

» Why isn't episode 13 on MAL?

Rorek - Jul 28, 2021

5 by Cainael »»
Mar 15, 2022 11:59 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2017

29 by Serafos »»
Jul 10, 2021 3:16 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

8 by Serafos »»
Jul 10, 2021 2:35 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

8 by Serafos »»
Jul 10, 2021 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.