Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 98 99 [100] 101 102 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2018 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
arandompandah said:
(49) Watch an anime adapted from a Book
and
(50) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga
Kinda needing some help lol :p

For #49, Romeo x Juliet was a very interesting watch, especially if you already know the Shakespeare play (most do, lol).
For #50, Micchiri Neko wasn't exactly the most deep anime as you could probably see, but gotdamn it's so enjoyable to watch.

Of course, if you want more options, you can go here and here for a full list of book and web manga adaptations. Best of luck!
Aug 16, 2018 12:48 PM

Oct 2011
Scissorsbox said:
Help again plz, thank you in advance
(68) Watch an active staff member`s favorite anime:
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book:
(97) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character:
(104) Watch a completed anime with no Opening nor Ending themes listed:

for #88:
Honobono Log is one I liked, if the list Ranacchi gave is hard to navigate.

for #97:
I used Tamako Market because of the bird, Dera. I'd also recommend the original Kino's Journey (the motorcycle, Hermes).

for #104:
I know you dropped Aggressive Retsuko, but it would fit this challenge and it isn't very long.
SnakeringAug 17, 2018 7:07 AM
Aug 16, 2018 12:50 PM
a lil bean āœØ

Feb 2011
ExperienceLD said:
Thanks! Not what I preferred, but at least I heard some of them before :D

No? You said there "with rank 300 in popularity or lower" which means 301, 302 and so on. Or you meant more popular / mainstream titles?

įƒ¦ HiScore įƒ¦ LoScore įƒ¦ Auction

įƒ¦ Turn-Ins įƒ¦ AWCc

į“šį˜į—¢

Aug 16, 2018 12:54 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
Yes xD I meant more popular titles. I think 299 is lower than 300 :D
Aug 16, 2018 1:53 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Scissorsbox said:
Help again plz, thank you in advance
(68) Watch an active staff member`s favorite anime:
(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book:
(97) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character:
(104) Watch a completed anime with no Opening nor Ending themes listed:

The person who made the digital manga list also made a list for picture book and several other things.
This is the list for picture book: https://github.com/NinjaNed/Search-Mal-By-Categories/blob/master/Anime%20By%20Source/Picture%20book.txt

for (97) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character
You could watch something like Pokémon or any show which has an animal listed as main character (Chi's Sweet Home, Chirin no Suzu) and I suppose you could even watch Pingu in the city for that one.
Aug 16, 2018 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
Hello staff members <3 :

102. Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Aug 16, 2018 8:34 PM

Oct 2017
Hey guys, give me some recommendations please for challenge (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Aug 17, 2018 6:12 AM

Jul 2014
Ao said:
Hello staff members <3 :

You're list is private so I don't know if you have seen it or not.
Project A-Ko
Gall Force 1: Eternal Story
Aug 17, 2018 7:43 AM

Jul 2016
Hi. Can I use Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi:) for (60) "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"? Her entry says "Chitoge is very smart and completely fluent in both English and Japanese despite growing up in America." Is that legit?

Aug 17, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2011
extremeplant said:
Hi. Can I use Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi:) for (60) "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"? Her entry says "Chitoge is very smart and completely fluent in both English and Japanese despite growing up in America." Is that legit?

60. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - has to be a real nationality; state the character and nationality; can't be half-Japanese

Chitoge is very smart and completely fluent in both English and Japanese despite growing up in America. She is half-Japanese.

No
Aug 17, 2018 8:56 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
extremeplant said:
(60) "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"

If I may make a few suggestions:

Yuri Plisetsky - Yuri on Ice
Alice Cartelet - Kiniro Mosaic
Ciel - Black Butler (I'm not 100% sure if this one counts)
Aug 17, 2018 9:02 AM

Jul 2016
Thank you @Ranacchi for your suggestions. I'll probably watch one of these.
Also thanks @KMH for the quick answer.

Aug 17, 2018 9:04 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
extremeplant said:
Thank you @Ranacchi for your suggestions. I'll probably watch one of these.
Also thanks @KMH for the quick answer.

No problem! Always happy to be able to help out
Aug 17, 2018 9:05 AM

Dec 2009
I have a question about challenge #81 Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL.

So I've been looking for anything released on the 19th. I found something that was on YouTube but when I went to watch it today it was deleted due to copy right. No one else seems to have it with subs. It's Alice in Dreamland.

So I went looking again and found a going to air Golden Kamuy OVA, but there is no guarantee that this will be subbed or easy to find in time for the end of the challenge.

Unless someone has a suggestion, I wanted to ask if I can go forward a date or back one. I've found a few things that are on the 18th and 20th. I'm asking because I honestly don't have the time to search for hours to find a date of 19th and have it be available to watch.

Thanks

Edit: found Abstract feat. Alkama but I'd like something that is at least 60+min; it's only just 2min long
Same with Jakusansei Million Arthur: Forever Kakusansei Million Arthur; only 2min long and only able to find a few episodes for the TV show
Chizu no Nai Bouken only 5min and not able to find it online
breathesunshineAug 17, 2018 9:18 AM

Aug 17, 2018 9:16 AM

Jul 2016
breathesunshine said:

Unless someone has a suggestion, I wanted to ask if I can go forward a date or back one. I've found a few things that are on the 18th and 20th. I'm asking because I honestly don't have the time to search for hours to find a date of 19th and have it be available to watch.

Detective Conan Movie 01: The Timed Skyscraper
Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen

Aug 17, 2018 9:23 AM

Dec 2009
extremeplant said:
breathesunshine said:

Aug 17, 2018 9:28 AM

Jul 2016
breathesunshine said:
extremeplant said:

No problem.

Aug 17, 2018 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
abhutrash said:
arandompandah said:
(49) Watch an anime adapted from a Book
and
(50) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga
Kinda needing some help lol :p

For #49, Romeo x Juliet was a very interesting watch, especially if you already know the Shakespeare play (most do, lol).
For #50, Micchiri Neko wasn't exactly the most deep anime as you could probably see, but gotdamn it's so enjoyable to watch.

Of course, if you want more options, you can go here and here for a full list of book and web manga adaptations. Best of luck!

I'm not sure Romeo x Juliet fits here as it was inspired from book rather than being based on one. And... It's a play, not a book.

I know it's long as hell... I watched the musical (3 damn hours). Didn't watch the anime. It's popular, though I myself didn't like the story (of the musical) much.
If Japanese novels count: Joker Game (I think it's better to watch from episode 3 and than see 1-2).
If you don't mind Ghibl films there's Howl's movie castle\Howl no Ugoku Shiro (though I can't tekk how close it is for the original).

Sadly, I have many ideas for kodomos rather than things from teen or older.

The only webtoon's based animes I watched are Relife and Noblesse (Japanese version, the Korean is about the same webtoon but they story of the ova never appears in the webtoon itself)

Aug 17, 2018 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone recommend me any short comedies? :33

Also - Need a comedy recc from a Staff Challenge member...

Anyone know any comedies with less than 1000 completed members? O.O

Aug 17, 2018 1:27 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
ParsleyParsnips said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=1&score=0&status=2&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=0&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=f&gx=0&genre[0]=4&o=7&w=1&o=7&w=2 

Here's a list of comedy anime sorted by members

For short comedies, do you mean 13 episodes or less, or short as in less than 16 minutes per episode??
Aug 17, 2018 1:53 PM

Jul 2014
Ranacchi said:
ParsleyParsnips said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=1&score=0&status=2&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=0&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=f&gx=0&genre[0]=4&o=7&w=1&o=7&w=2 

Here's a list of comedy anime sorted by members

For short comedies, do you mean 13 episodes or less, or short as in less than 16 minutes per episode??

Short as in episode duration - The second one. :)

Aug 17, 2018 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
mozgow said:
Ao said:
Hello staff members <3 :

You're list is private so I don't know if you have seen it or not.
Project A-Ko
Gall Force 1: Eternal Story

Hello mozgow thank you for the recommendation, yeah my bad my list is private at the moment but fortunately I didn't watch this two, I am not a big fan of old school anime but I will try one of them most probably Project A-Ko I like trying new things so who knows I might like it.

Thanks again.
AoAug 17, 2018 1:58 PM
Aug 17, 2018 2:13 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
ParsleyParsnips said:

Let's see...
Off the top of my head I can name these three:

Chi's Sweet Home
Doraemon
Aggretsuko

There's also a club which lists many if not all short anime but it doesn't seem to list them by genre
Aug 17, 2018 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
Ranacchi said:
ParsleyParsnips said:

Let's see...
Off the top of my head I can name these three:

Chi's Sweet Home
Doraemon
Aggretsuko

There's also a club which lists many if not all short anime but it doesn't seem to list them by genre

Perfect thank you.

I seemed to have not tagged a Staff member for Challenge #102 ^U^

@Conde_Mohr Can you recc any comedies?

Aug 17, 2018 3:30 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
ParsleyParsnips said:

Perfect thank you.

No problem~
Glad I could help
Aug 17, 2018 3:42 PM

Nov 2014
EfiChan said:
abhutrash said:

I'm not sure Romeo x Juliet fits here as it was inspired from book rather than being based on one. And... It's a play, not a book.

I know it's long as hell... I watched the musical (3 damn hours). Didn't watch the anime. It's popular, though I myself didn't like the story (of the musical) much.
I mean, I agree with you on principle that it shouldn't count, but...

...It's listed as one, so it fits the qualifications of the challenge. I don't make the rules around here, lol. The anime is waaaay different than other iterations. Surprisingly, it's my favorite interpretation, but then again I've always thought Romeo and Juliet was one of Shakespeare's weakest works
Aug 17, 2018 9:51 PM
ā­Space Cadetā­

Nov 2016
Can anyone recommend an anime with more than 35 episodes?
I am trying not to exceed 40 cuz I can't bring myself to watch Eureka Seven...
Also, nothing too old ;; thanks in advance!!
Aug 18, 2018 12:10 AM

Mar 2009
Would Joe count as a professional boxer for Megalo Box?
Also, for the seiyuu with less than five roles... do they have to be the MC or important in the story we are watching them perform in?
Aug 18, 2018 1:57 AM

Apr 2010
Geingrohiik said:

If it has to in one season, then there's Rose of Versailles (40 episodes), and also Hetalia (48/52 depending on season. each episode is 5 minutes). I can't say I recommend it (though there are enough people who will), but the well known Death Note is 37 episodes

Claptrap said:
Would Joe count as a professional boxer for Megalo Box?
Also, for the seiyuu with less than five roles... do they have to be the MC or important in the story we are watching them perform in?

I guess it doesn't have to be main characters, but there are main characters who hardly dub anywhere else. My interenet sucks so I can't help you much.

Aug 18, 2018 5:21 AM

Jul 2010
Can anyone an anime with 3 human adult MC?

[52] Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast:
Aug 18, 2018 5:40 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Geingrohiik said:

For 16 minutes or more per episode (aired from 2000 to 2017) I could find:

If you're looking for shorter anime (15 minutes or less, aired from 2000 to 2017)
Aug 18, 2018 6:11 AM
ā­Space Cadetā­

Nov 2016
Ranacchi said:
Geingrohiik said:

For 16 minutes or more per episode (aired from 2000 to 2017) I could find:

If you're looking for shorter anime (15 minutes or less, aired from 2000 to 2017)

AHHH THANK YOU!!!!
Aug 18, 2018 7:51 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Geingrohiik said:

AHHH THANK YOU!!!!

No problem
Always happy to help a fellow fan
If there's anything else you need help with, you can always ask or check this site because it's super helpful
Aug 18, 2018 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
dlee342 said:
Can anyone an anime with 3 human adult MC?

[52] Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast:

Bungou Stray Dogs (I'm not sure why in the anime just 2 characters are supporting but there are more in the manga)
Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi (I think)
Psycho-Pass
Switch (Ova)
Versailles no Bara (most of the anime)
Joker Game (I know it's weird, but maybe you should start from episode 3 and then go to 1-2)

Aug 18, 2018 5:10 PM

Mar 2018
What is your thoughts on people "cheating" with really short entries?

I'm personally only counting things that are of significant length.

There was one guy who completed the hardcore challenge in 2 weeks by just finding really short "anime" that fit the criteria.

I think next year there should be some mode where you are forced to average some given length across all entries, for example 4 hours (~10 episodes).
Aug 18, 2018 6:10 PM

Jul 2008
Are numbers 74 and 106 the same? The answer is probably really obvious, but there are just so many words. @_@

level62mage said:

There was one guy who completed the hardcore challenge in 2 weeks by just finding really short "anime" that fit the criteria.

I think next year there should be some mode where you are forced to average some given length across all entries, for example 4 hours (~10 episodes).

As long as the anime they pick stay within the guidelines, they aren't really cheating. In fact, as someone that prefers to binge 12 episode (or less) shows, I can tell you that any "advantage" evens out in the end. There are only so many short-episode anime, and so the time and effort finding one is just as long as watching something longer. Lol.
Also, there will always be people with one goal: complete the challenge as quickly as possible, no matter how many eye-gouging anime they have to see. Always changing the rules is just more work than you need to do, and in the extreme, will actually hurt the everyone else.

P.S. I get where you're coming from, though. It always gives me a 'wtf' moment when I see how many people complete the hardcore challenge within the first month. Lol.
TambalaiAriAug 18, 2018 6:17 PM

Aug 18, 2018 6:24 PM

Mar 2018
I'm not suggesting a rule change, I'm suggesting an official optional mode for next year that has to do with length. The optional mode this year with limited genres is kind of silly to be honest. All it does is increase the time it takes to find stuff, but has nothing to do with actually watching anime.
Aug 18, 2018 6:33 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
level62mage said:

It's not cheating if it's within the rules.
This year you could pick your own challenges, the sign up page states.
Which implies that in previous years you had to deal with what you were assigned.
Correct me if I'm wrong

The episode length and episode amount entries are most likely there to prevent everybody from just using "music" type entries or movies to complete the challenge.
With this year implying to be an exception with the "choose your own items" approach.
You can make it as easy or as hard for yourself as you want to.
Aug 18, 2018 6:34 PM

Jul 2008
level62mage said:
I'm not suggesting a rule change, I'm suggesting an official optional mode for next year that has to do with length. The optional mode this year with limited genres is kind of silly to be honest. All it does is increase the time it takes to find stuff, but has nothing to do with actually watching anime.

When you say modes, do you mean the restrictions for the "Master of ___(insert genre here)____" titles? This isn't the first year for those.
Hmm....having extra 'modes' based on the length of anime wouldn't be too bad. Just another way to take on the yearly challenge.

"Master of Time" has a nice ring to it. xD

Aug 19, 2018 1:22 AM

May 2013
TambalaiAri said:
Are numbers 74 and 106 the same? The answer is probably really obvious, but there are just so many words. @_@

In #74, you get to choose between 5 options.
In #106, you have to watch the top recommendation and do not get to choose between 5 options.
Aug 19, 2018 4:34 AM

Apr 2010
level62mage said:

You said it about what I send above you? (Message above you) Technically. Hetalia is long enough if you combine all episodes together (it's like 12 episodes animes of 20 episodes). If you're taking about the ova (switch), well, that's my way of recommending things (evil laugh). All the others are 12+

Aug 19, 2018 5:26 AM

Mar 2018
EfiChan said:

You said it about what I send above you? (Message above you) Technically. Hetalia is long enough if you combine all episodes together (it's like 12 episodes animes of 20 episodes). If you're taking about the ova (switch), well, that's my way of recommending things (evil laugh). All the others are 12+

No it wasn't about you, I was just looking at who completed the challenge and most people have a bunch of 5 minutes music videos on their list. Just feels a bit disappointing to see. You can probably do the hardcore in about 5 hours if you watch the right things. Kind of silly without some sort of time restriction.
Aug 19, 2018 6:28 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
level62mage said:

I was just looking at who completed the challenge and most people have a bunch of 5 minutes music videos on their list. Just feels a bit disappointing to see. You can probably do the hardcore in about 5 hours if you watch the right things. Kind of silly without some sort of time restriction.

Hm is it otherwise unfair towards the people who watch 50+ episode shows and work tooth and nail to complete the challenge because you may as well just watch easy stuff and be over with but then the challenge is a challenge no more?

Also, does someone know if for item (54) Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from another challenger who posted on your sign up page, whether it has to be an anime the individual used for the challenge, or if it can be any anime that individual rated 4 or less.
RanacchiAug 19, 2018 10:02 AM
Aug 19, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Ranacchi said:
Also, does someone know if for item (54) Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from another challenger who posted on your sign up page, whether it has to be an anime the individual used for the challenge, or if it can be any anime that individual rated 4 or less.
Any anime rated 4 or less.
Aug 19, 2018 12:18 PM

Oct 2017
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Could someone recommend me something, please?
Main Candies:

Bonus Candies:
Aug 19, 2018 12:19 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
ParsleyParsnips said:
Perfect thank you.

Sorry for the late response, I don't really have an internet connection these days.

Comedy is pretty much hit or miss, you can watch either Nichijou, my favourite, or one of the last 2 that I've watched (Azumanga Daioh or GTO).

Aug 19, 2018 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
Conde_Mohr said:
ParsleyParsnips said:
Perfect thank you.

Sorry for the late response, I don't really have an internet connection these days.

Comedy is pretty much hit or miss, you can watch either Nichijou, my favourite, or one of the last 2 that I've watched (Azumanga Daioh or GTO).

Aug 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
OneeBaka said:

Shiki
Gankutsuou
Shigofumi

Hope you enjoy one (or more) of them :)
Aug 19, 2018 2:08 PM

Oct 2017
OneeBaka said:

Shiki
Gankutsuou
Shigofumi

Hope you enjoy one (or more) of them :)

Thank you very much!!!
CarollitaAug 19, 2018 2:12 PM
Main Candies:

Bonus Candies:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 98 99 [100] 101 102 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why is myanimelist aka mal not popular in china?

deg - 11 hours ago

20 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your first anime and when did you start it? ( 1 2 3 )

Pinoffin - Mar 26

108 by BatoKusanagi »»
8 minutes ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 31 minutes ago

3 by Rhae »»
8 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

99 by Otakupervert890 »»
10 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 10 hours ago

30 by Nel999 »»
29 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.