Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2018 8:18 PM
Aug 2014
Which video games do you love most? + what makes them your favourite?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching and extended original post to prevent simple listing.
BrandonJan 4, 2018 6:27 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2018 8:27 PM

May 2015
Suikoden I and II,
Chrono Cross,
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2,
Final Fantasy IX,
Uncharted 4,
Halo: 3.
Most of these games I played for the first time as of recently - and they quickly sky-rocketed into my favorites. Modern gaming no longer stimulates me, hence why I've currently gone back in time to experience a Generation I was too young to witness (PlayStation 1).
Jan 3, 2018 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
Phantom Crash is my favorite.
Too bad it was only on the og xbox.

Jan 3, 2018 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Here's the copy and paste list from my profile. I should throw Dragon Quest Builders on there too cause that game is my shit.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2018 8:40 PM
Oct 2017
Indie games ,they make me feel smart and are creative as well.
Jan 3, 2018 10:25 PM

Oct 2010
I like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Zelda, and Splatoon.
Favorite games of above series: FE Path of Radiance, Pokemon SoulSilver/Platinum, HM A New Beginning, LoZ Majora's Mask.
UsagiJan 3, 2018 10:46 PM
Jan 3, 2018 10:30 PM

Apr 2013
When I was a gamer I loved the MGS series (MGS4 being my fave), Persona (P3 is my fave), LOZ (Wind Waker is my fave) Sonic (Sonic 3 & Knuckles) Smash Bros (Melee) Mario (Sunshine) Pokemon (Diamond is my fave) Splinter Cell (Chaos Theory) Tales Of series (Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia are my faves) Idolm@ster (I like im@s 2 the best), Dead Space (first one was the best, RIP Visceral) and I can list a lot more, sadly I don't play games much anymore but eh, I had fun playing em in the past.
Aidoru-OjisanJan 3, 2018 10:38 PM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 3, 2018 10:37 PM

Jul 2015
I love Garry's Mod. Recently got Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2, so that's fun.
Also got Chapter 1 of Higurashi VN. Seems nice. First VN.
Jan 3, 2018 10:54 PM

Aug 2017
grand strategy games such as crusader kings and europa universalis
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 12:10 AM

Feb 2016
Apart from Cooking Mama 3, my favorite video game is probably Red Dead Redemption.
Jan 4, 2018 12:14 AM
Apr 2015
in my younger day my fav was "nightmare creatures"
Jan 4, 2018 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
Legend of Heroes and Tales of series. The battle systems are pretty mediocre from both franchise, but the story telling and characters are decent.
Jan 4, 2018 3:52 AM
Jan 4, 2018 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Some of my favorites Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild because of its open world difficultly can spike up and down and just the lode of stuff you can do in their

Ocarina of time the first Zelda game i played so it will all ways be one of my favorites

Majoras Mask the Mask quests are fun and they are most are really fun to use and the fierce deity is a really good prize for geting all the masks

Bayonetta i love combat style and the different weapons and useing the daemons at the end to kill the enimes is really fun and its quite a hard game i played though on normal then again in Hard when i unlocked it and its nice to have a game that actually gives you a challenge and the soundtrack is amazing one of the best ive herd
removed-userJan 4, 2018 7:03 AM
Jan 4, 2018 4:44 AM

May 2009
Platinum games in general (Bayo, W101, Vanquish, NieR:Automata)
Role playing games (The elder Scrolls, Xeno series, Dragon Quest)
Action adventures (Uncharted, Ratchet and clank, Zelda)
Metroidvania's (Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind forest, Axiom Verge)
Rythm games (Elite beat agents, Samba de Amigo, Rythm thief, OSU!)
Fighting games (Tekken, SF, Super Smash, Guilty Gear)
Arcade styled racing game and kart racing (Forza Horizon, Mario Kart sonic and allstars racing transformed.)

As for my favorite games of all time we have;

Metal Gear Solid 2
Shenmue 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Dark Souls
Zelda: Majora's mask
Megaman Zero 4
Dragon Quest 9
Animal Crossing: New leaf
Jan 4, 2018 4:46 AM

Oct 2017
Tekken 7 Fated Retribution
Injustice 2
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Rocket League.
Jan 4, 2018 4:53 AM

Sep 2016
Lisa the Painful. It gives me so much joy, joy, joy, joy!

Jan 4, 2018 4:59 AM
Jul 2017
I can't decide between Okami And Final Fantasy 9. (Spyro 1 is a good contender too)
Also i spent a really good time when i played WoW during high school.
Jan 4, 2018 5:30 AM

Apr 2016
The ones without the fucking Denuvo.
Jan 4, 2018 5:37 AM

Sep 2016
kickturns said:
wariowariowario said:
Lisa the Painful. It gives me so much joy, joy, joy, joy!

Thank you for blessing me with this wonderful video.

God bless.

You think this is a game? Joy's serious business. You fool.

You people do not learn. Curiosity just killed you.
Jan 4, 2018 5:41 AM

Jun 2014
Squidster said:
Here's the copy and paste list from my profile. I should throw Dragon Quest Builders on there too cause that game is my shit.

You and I appear to have similar taste in video games. Soul Blazer is awesome, and I used to rent it from the video store a lot back in the 90s.

Also, I recently beat Axiom Verge, and it was awesome. It was so good, I think I actually liked it a little more than Super Metroid, and that's saying something.

I own Ys Origin, but I haven't played it yet, but I'm a big fan of the Ys games.

Jan 4, 2018 6:08 AM

Apr 2017
Persona 5
Theblackhole
Final fantasy
Legend of zelda

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 4, 2018 6:51 AM
Jan 2018
-Resident Evil 4

I've literally played this game thrice. It's the best resident evil game of all time for me. Though, I haven't played 7 yet. The story,setting,atmosphere, thrill, horror everything about resident evil 4 is perfect.

-Bayonetta
I had to wait 7-9 years to play this game. And when I ended this game, I literally had tears of happiness in my eyes. Some games are JUST PERFECT.
Jan 4, 2018 11:29 AM

Feb 2008
Ratchet and Clank
Mafia II
Dues Ex
Bastion
Postal 2
Z.O.E

I'm a big fan of the early 2000's Cartoony platformer games, like spyro, Crash, Sly Cooper etc they're very re-playable and I'm so happy so many of them are getting remakes
Jan 5, 2018 4:36 PM

May 2017
whew.. well i absolutely love:
nier: automata
starbound
ori and the blind forest
stardew valley

mostly indie games and arpgs, but honourable mentions to league of legends since i've been avidly playing for 5 seasons now smh. i prefer pc gaming over consoles, or anything else, but a few of my favourite games on the nintendo ds were:
animal crossing
fire emblem
harvest moon

specifically the 'friends of mineral town' edition cause it's just so nostalgic to me every time i sit down and play it. oh and of course pokemon, though the oldest one i've played was diamond & pearl, i've also played most of the newer releases up to now.

the places i'll wander. no longer
rooted, but gold, flowing. i feel a
thousand capacities spring up in me.

○       ○       ○       blog. forum sets.
Jan 5, 2018 5:15 PM

Aug 2014
i like all of the 90s pc games ever tbh

penis lol
Jan 5, 2018 5:41 PM

Jun 2017
Dark souls
-really fun to play (I mean even if you die it doesn't feel frustrating and it's just challenging)
-amazing journey/world

Jan 5, 2018 5:48 PM

Feb 2017
Final Fantasy VIII (8) - The very first video game I ever played.

The Legend of Dragoon - Fantastic RPG over-shadowed by FF titles.

Bloodborne - The whole package.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - The whole package, and the kitchen sink.

Jan 5, 2018 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
For the sake of old memories and nostalgia I love...

Disney Hercules (PS1)
Small Soldiers (PS1)
Tekken 3 (PS1)
Vanilla World of Warcraft (PC)
Blood Will Tell (PS2)
Pokémon Blue/Red/Yellow (Gameboy Color)

Games that hold up that I even love today are...

Persona 3,4 & 5 (PS2 & 4)
Ookami (PC but I also played on PS2 as a kid)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (PC)
The Elder Scrolls 3 (my absolute favorite game of all times) & 4 (PC)
Tekken 7 (PC)
Undertale (PC)
Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2 (PC)
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 (PC)
Dark Souls 1 (PC)
Age of Empires 2 (PC)
Pokémon X/Y (Nintendo 3DS)

An honorable mentioned goes to Okamiden which I loved except it had a major issue with small map sizes and an overabundance of loading screens which was a result of it being a Nintendo DS game which couldn't handle the map that the original game had on the PS2.

Then there are a bunch of other games that I like but never had quite so much love for as these other games.
Jan 5, 2018 11:35 PM

Apr 2017
hmm, here goes:

Fable:The Lost Chapters. Probably why I got into RPGs and fantasy in the first place. Just, great game, maybe not in retrospective, but I loved it when I first played it. Like I said, maybe it is not that good, but it means a lot to me personally.

Witcher 2 (2, not 3). It was my first contact with Dark Fantasy, which is now very popular because of witcher 3 and GoT, but at the time was really new to me. Fantastic game with great characters, world and atmosphere.

Skyrim. Well, I know it isn't that good. But I spent a lot of years with shit computer, and when I got a capable one, this one was one of the first games I tried. And holy shit, did I put hours into it. Playing till 3 am only to wake up and keep playing. Best. summer. ever.

Dark Souls. The saga I'm currently obsessed with. I didn't play the orginal one back then because I didn't have the hardware for it. I played DS3 when it came out, and it was the first time in years I got really really interested in a videogame saga again. DS1 is a masterpiece (at least til anor londo).

Smirk_Beam said:
Dark souls
-really fun to play (I mean even if you die it doesn't feel frustrating and it's just challenging)
-amazing journey/world

Come on man, when you when you only need on more hit on the boss and you die it doesn't feel frustrating? On first playthrough at least. Obviously why it feels better afterwards when you beat him though.

Jan 6, 2018 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Planescape:Torment
timeless classic with amazing writing and unique, bizarre setting
Baldur's Gate 2 + Expansion
writing isn't as good as PS:T and so isn't the setting, but it has better combat and a great journey
Witcher 3 + 1 but bit less
Witcher 3 was the final game in Witcher trilogy and for me it was even better by the fact I read the novels as a kid, so except great writing and fun gameplay, for me it was a closure for all the characters from years back. Also Witcher 1 managed to do the Witcher atmosphere the best and despit being clunky, it's really charming game.
Tactics Ogre: LUCT
game that managed to be years ahead of its times by branching, serious plotline about war and politics. Criminally underrated.
Bastion/Pyre
SuperGiant games knows how to create really endearing, unique and fun games. I am not sure which game from them I like the most, whether Bastion or Pyre, but I finished Bastion 3 times and Pyre only once, so far.
Metal Gear Solid 1
You must have heard about this, I haven't played all the games in sthe series. But as far as setting, amtmosphere, music and boss fights go, the best one.(Havent played 3 or 4)
Castlevania:SoTN
Great metroidvania game, with great art direction and music, a lot of fun tho ez af.

And I have love-hate relationship with WoW, on which I spent thousands of hours.
Jan 6, 2018 4:10 AM

Aug 2017
SMT Nocturne
Metroid Prime 1,2,3
MGS2
DMC3
Ico
FF12 and FFT War of the Lions
Fallout NV
Hotline Miami
Shovel Knight
All the Soulsborne games apart from Dark Souls 2
Jan 6, 2018 5:00 AM

Jun 2017
@nose1234

I don't know, I just wanted to try one more time.
I just felt like I wasn't prepared and needed some more training
Jan 6, 2018 6:22 AM

Feb 2017
Most of my favorite games are the ones my older brother and I were playing when I was still a little kid. Like Warcraft 3 (along with Dota Allstars), WoW, Half Life 2, Rome and Medieval 2 Total War etc.
World of Warcraft:
Older brother introduced me to the world of Azeroth before I could even read or write and I am playing it on and off ever since. Playing with other people and the size of the world was mind blowing to me. I still remember the night when my brother's guild managed to kill Lich King or the moment of discovering the fact that there is more world besides Mulgore.
Rome and Medieval 2 Total War and Total War franchise in general:
Also the games my brother was playing. So many soldiers on the screen fascinated me at the time and since then Total War became my favorite video game franchise, although I am not a fan of recent games.
Dota 2:
Been playing the game on and off since I got a beta key on some facebook group in 2012.
Crusader Kings II:
Playing it since it came out even though I didn't have any idea what I was doing for a year. I love it so much because medieval age is the most interesting period in history to me and the amount of stuff you can do is amazing. Playing as the real rulers and playing as my own country was like a dream come true to me . It was also the first grand strategy I've played. I also love other Paradox games but Crusader Kings II is still my favorite.

Those were my absolute favorite ones. Other games I could also consider my favorite are Witcher franchise, Half Life 2, Portal 2, GTA San Andreas, Divinity Original Sin(still haven't played the sequel), Dawn of War I and II, Starcraft 2.
Jan 6, 2018 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
I love a ton of games, but there are a few that I feel particularly strongly about, and that means a lot to me.

Zelda OoT and MM: First real 3D action-adventure game that I played, so there's obviously some nostalgic/sentimental bias here, but I recently replayed them both with my brother and they're still awesome and filled with interesting stuff. Great music, vibes, design, etc.

Earthbound: One of the quirkiest, messed up, and entertaining RPGs I've ever played, and I love every bit of it. I actually think that the entire game is a parody of American pop culture, and combined with a lot of psychedelic and fucked-up elements it makes for a super wacky experience, and the humour is just as bizarre. It is charming, hilarious, otherwordly, entertaining, but it's also weird and borderline creepy at times; I think there are a lot of dark, underlying tones underneath the colourful surface which gives the game a lot of layers.

Silent Hill 2: In my opinion the pinnacle of video game horror; it is filled with symbolism, mystery, and it really gets under your skin. Your choices in the game also affect the ending, but the game is really vague about how your actions come into play, and there are no clear indicators; you are the protagonist, and there are no right or wrong way to how you approach the trials in the game. This is very different from modern games, which love to explicitly state, "This action will have consequences!!" or "Cunt McCuntface will remember this!" Fuck off! Everything in Silent Hill is so ambiguous, dream-like and nebulous, which adds to the unsettling atmosphere, but there are a ton of clues scattered throughout the game that point you towards the real story; the answers were in front of you all the time. I love this type of storytelling, and Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece in this regard. Great writing, fantastic music and sound design by the very talented Akira Yamaoka, and excellent visuals.

Monkey Island games: Old school point-and-click adventure games. Excellent artwork, music, dialogue, writing. The remakes were fantastic as well.

Resident Evil 1 and 4: The first game is similar to Silent Hill to me, and I love the exploration aspect of it and the suspense. Resident Evil 4 is much more action-oriented, but it was still a great experience with many memorable parts and elements.

Crusader Kings II: Clocked in over 1,000 hours on Steam, lol. It's a game that lets you have sex with your daughter and then assassinate your inbred son/grandchild toddler. It's Game of Thrones: The Game; Total War without the battles; Medieval RPG done right!

Persona 3 and 4: Excellent jRPGS with great writing, atmosphere and music.

Dark Souls/Bloodborne: These games gave me nostalgic vibes that I didn't expect modern games to give me. They are very reminiscent of older action-adventure games, and they are quite challenging yet fair. I especially love the Lovecraftian visuals and inspiration in Bloodborne, and the monster/boss designs are just great. The whole game in general looks like a beautifully grotesque work of art.

I hate making lists like these because I always feel like I'm leaving out other good stuff, but it should do for now, lol.
MoogJan 6, 2018 9:51 AM
Jan 6, 2018 6:43 AM

Dec 2017
One of my favorite is HOTS(Heroes of the storm)
Also I love playing RPG's for the simple reason that I can be anything or anyone I want in those games unlike real life where pretty much I am just a piece of shit..
"Just plain"
Jan 6, 2018 6:49 AM

Jan 2016
Final Fantasy IX (my first FF ever.. I played it so many times)
Vagrant Story (I loved the gameplay and the plot)
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3 (just ones of the best platforms ever)
Crash CTR (the best kart game I ever played)
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee (a childhood game of mine.. also a very good platform with gloomy mood)
Metal Gear Solid (the PLOT)
Jan 6, 2018 7:02 AM

May 2014
Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros and the Lego Games when they first came out.

Then I went and played older games and got good memories of OOT, Mario 64 and FFVI.

Now I'd say Dark Souls 1 and 3 are my current favs.
I've been here way too long...
Jan 6, 2018 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
overwatch. aim+ movement
batman arkham games cuz i like batman universe and they are really good games
cs go
ac4 black flag. loved the pirate concept and multiplayer

Jan 6, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
Mass Effect 2 - Good gameplay, fantastic story, great characters, open-ended so it is not too linear
Catherine - Part puzzle, part RPG, definitely gives you some interesting choices
Portal 2 - All puzzle game, has some good humor, good graphics
Jan 6, 2018 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
RuneScape. Because it's so nostalgic and it's the first MMO I ever played. And the quest have such a good lore.
Jan 6, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2017
Dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball because of plot
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jan 6, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2008
Final Fantasy 7 to 11
WoW - pretty much took up most of my life in college
The Witcher series
Jan 6, 2018 5:35 PM

Dec 2016
Used to really love Zelda and Mario games. OFF is the game that I will find to be on my mind for a long time.
"Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."
Jan 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Mar 2016
Age of empires series
Persona series
La noire
pokemon emerald
Jan 6, 2018 8:11 PM

Aug 2016
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Harvest Moon (More) Friends of Mineral Town
Okami

Great games, too bad VNs have taken over me.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jan 6, 2018 8:28 PM

Aug 2009
Bethesda's RPGs because I like aimless exploration and messing around with mods.

Dark Souls for when I want to git gud at playing games.

And Persona 4, because I apparently can't shut the fuck up about it.

Jan 6, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2017
Fer steam games I like the meta and somewhat pretentious stuff like Beginner's Guide, Stanley Parable, Doki Doki, and Undertale.

For non-Pc games, Nintendo is where it's at~
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jul 27, 2019 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Persona 5
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 7
Last of us
All of them had a great soundtrack and a great story, fun battle system and great and rememberable characters, Persona 5 also had great slice of life elements and Chrono trigger had time travel and a lot of endings.
removed-userMar 22, 2020 7:27 PM
Jul 27, 2019 4:33 PM

Apr 2016
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (My all time favourite game)
Kirby series (fun, colourful, great music)
Pokemon series (been a fan since the beginning)
Sonic Adventure 1+2 (cheesy pieces of crap, but fun)
Grand Theft Auto IV + V
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

58 by DreamWindow »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

31 by DreamWindow »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts? ( 1 2 )

Freshell - May 5

67 by DreamWindow »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » individualism like in usa or collectivism like in japan

deg - Yesterday

24 by DreamWindow »»
37 minutes ago

» Whats's your favourite snack food?

Towaii7 - Mar 22

18 by DesuMaiden »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.