Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 29, 2017 7:49 AM
Oct 2017
iscum said:
S-quare22 said:

Elitists are not the same.. they are different as you can see

and with this we came back to the starting point: who the hell are those elitist you're referring to?

Anyone that likes arthouse animes and mean score is lower than 5.
Dec 29, 2017 7:50 AM

Oct 2010
How can you be an elitist in watching cartoons? I enjoy walking a lot, that doesn't make me a walk elitist.
Dec 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2017
iscum said:
S-quare22 said:

and with this we came back to the starting point: who the hell are those elitist you're referring to?

I was talking about their favourites, not all elitists like the same shows.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 29, 2017 7:53 AM

Dec 2017
iscum said:
S-quare22 said:

anyone can become elite bro. it doesnt matter the quality of the show. it is more about belive. someone who think people (who dont like one pice are plebs or are infirior) are elite by definition. whether they have bad manner or not is not the point in elitism.
Dec 29, 2017 7:54 AM

Oct 2011

Whew, see our club is still misrepresented but who cares.
Zoce_ said:
JonasTheJay said:
ThatAnimeSnob aka Roriconfan was a true anime elitist, but his account has been deleted for a long time. Not that his reviews were that great to beginn with.

"WAS"

i am talking about now. he is irrelevant to the topic.

Make no mistake, he hasn't changed. I haven't talked to him in quite a while but no doubt he's the same person he always has been. I think his youtube might still be active but I'm not going to waste the time checking to find out.
Dec 29, 2017 7:55 AM

May 2015
Vyzass said:
zal said:
The way you are referring to shit taste now is different. In the first post you are referring to as realities: elitists exist because shit taste exist. But now it has become a perception of some people towards some tastes?

I admit, it was my mistake in my original post for not being specific. My bad. Teehee.
Ok, then let me ask about a line in your response to me: "Elitism happen when someone think other have shit taste thus feeling superior about himself."
Is that "thus" representing an implication or a possibility? Someone is automatically an elitist when they think other have shit taste or is there a further step where they might or might not feel superior despite thinking other people have shit taste?

On another note: thinking an anime is shit means thinking that the people who liked it have shit taste?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 7:55 AM

Dec 2017
Catalano said:
How can you be an elitist in watching cartoons? I enjoy walking a lot, that doesn't make me a walk elitist.

you make no sense my friend. i never said anything about cartoons.
Dec 29, 2017 7:57 AM

Dec 2017
lordzeru said:

Whew, see our club is still misrepresented but who cares.
Zoce_ said:

"WAS"

i am talking about now. he is irrelevant to the topic.

Make no mistake, he hasn't changed. I haven't talked to him in quite a while but no doubt he's the same person he always has been. I think his youtube might still be active but I'm not going to waste the time checking to find out.

ok but he is not in mal. i am talking about how whether these people exist in mal or not. people who are assholes to others because of their taste and also have the elitism mentality. thats why i said he is irrelevant. him being the same or not is not relevant to the topic.
Dec 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Oct 2010
@Zoce_ so anime is different than cartoons? ok, my bad
Dec 29, 2017 7:59 AM

Dec 2017
zal said:
Vyzass said:

I admit, it was my mistake in my original post for not being specific. My bad. Teehee.
Ok, then let me ask about a line in your response to me: "Elitism happen when someone think other have shit taste thus feeling superior about himself."
Is that "thus" representing an implication or a possibility? Someone is automatically an elitist when they think other have shit taste or is there a further step where they might or might not feel superior despite thinking other people have shit taste?

On another note: thinking an anime is shit means thinking that the people who liked it have shit taste?

i even asked thatanimesnob since somehow people believe he is relevant to the topic. i asked him if liking something he consider bad means people are retarded, he said no.
Dec 29, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2015
Ironically, most elitists who claim to have superior taste are usually the ones that are most insecure about what they like.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Dec 29, 2017 8:00 AM

Dec 2017
peddochann said:
iscum said:

smh you still dont know what elitism truly mean. please read my post again. as well my replies.
Dec 29, 2017 8:01 AM

Apr 2017
Dictionary.com definition- (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society (or superior anime taste)

I think the term is subjective. What one person considers to be an elitist may not be the same in the eyes of others. Another person may call themselves an elitist while few will actually acknowledge that person to have such a quality.
Jul 2018
Zoce_ said:
i even asked thatanimesnob since somehow people believe he is relevant to the topic. i asked him if liking something he consider bad means people are retarded, he said no.

The "snob" is just an act. Anyone can tell it's simply a persona he has created to have fun and present content in an unusual (and provocative) way.

It's like Filthy Frank. It's not real.
There's a man behind it that we never get to see. Which is a shame, because he's probably an interesting person.

Dec 2017
SigmaticDoc said:
Ironically, most elitists who claim to have superior taste are usually the ones that are most insecure about what they like.

thank you for being irrelevant to the topic.
Dec 29, 2017 8:02 AM
Oct 2017
Zoce_ said:
peddochann said:

smh you still dont know what elitism truly mean. please read my post again. as well my replies.

I didn't say that was my opinion,that is what Mal think elitism means.
Dec 29, 2017 8:02 AM

Mar 2017
Squidster said:
The main elitism I see nowadays is people bragging about having an "honest" favorites list: one that doesn't look like you've only seen 10 anime but also that you didn't only put smart shows on there to look refined.

Screw you man :'(

Don't call me out on my thing...
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Dec 29, 2017 8:03 AM

Dec 2017
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Zoce_ said:

The "snob" is just an act. Anyone can tell it's simply a persona he has created to have fun and present content in an unusual (and provocative) way.

It's like Filthy Frank. It's not real.
There's a man behind it that we never get to see. Which is a shame, because he's probably an interesting person.

thank you very much. now i am waiting for people to get it.
Dec 29, 2017 8:03 AM

Apr 2017
Plz mods let us have fun and don't delete this thread before @johan comes in.

"elles sont bien noires

Dec 29, 2017 8:05 AM

Oct 2011
Zoce_ said:

ok but he is not in mal. i am talking about how whether these people exist in mal or not. people who are assholes to others because of their taste and also have the elitism mentality. thats why i said he is irrelevant. him being the same or not is not relevant to the topic.

He is relevant to the topic. You asked if they exist, and we gave you a prime example of someone who uses MAL for the exact kind of toxic behavior you're talking about. His main account is banned, but that doesn't mean he isn't a MAL user. This guy has also done it, but I don't know about how recent since I'm not active on the forums that much myself.
Dec 29, 2017 8:09 AM

Jul 2016
le_halfhand_easy said:
Squidster said:
The main elitism I see nowadays is people bragging about having an "honest" favorites list: one that doesn't look like you've only seen 10 anime but also that you didn't only put smart shows on there to look refined.

I didn't have you in mind when I posted that. There's nothing wrong with being honest about your favs (I assume everyone is) as long as you don't accuse peeps of "trying to project an image" with the anime they like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 8:10 AM

Oct 2010
I think that if you call people idiots for liking a particular anime that you don't like you're a jackass not an elitist. Anime is just entertainment, well some of them are more artsy and have deeper themes. I don't think you should be called a pleb for liking Ikkitousen and disliking NGE. People enjoy different stuff.
Dec 29, 2017 8:11 AM

Feb 2015
Zoce_ said:
SigmaticDoc said:

Hey now, no need for thanks, don't mention it.

I just gave my 2 cents about elitists and I didn't even bother reading your post. Next time maybe make it less painful to read.
Punctuation, capital letters, they're good.

Of course elitism has only one definition, everyone gets that, it's more of a running gag that people who are into obscure anime are elitists, nobody really thinks that.
No need to even elaborate on it so seriously like you have.
AzurealXDec 29, 2017 8:18 AM
Dec 29, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2009
zal said:
Vyzass said:

Someone is elitist when he think someone has shit taste. Thinking anime is shit does not mean he think someone who like it has shit taste after all, taste is subjective. Get ready for another objective vs subjective debate again.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Dec 29, 2017 8:13 AM

Mar 2017
Squidster said:
le_halfhand_easy said:

I didn't have you in mind when I posted that. There's nothing wrong with being honest about your favs (I assume everyone is) as long as you don't accuse peeps of "trying to project an image" with the anime they like.

Of course not. It's just a little self-depreciating humor I allow myself from time to time. Somebody accused me of that once.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Dec 29, 2017 8:17 AM

Dec 2017
Catalano said:
I think that if you call people idiots for liking a particular anime that you don't like you're a jackass not an elitist. Anime is just entertainment, well some of them are more artsy and have deeper themes. I don't think you should be called a pleb for liking Ikkitousen and disliking NGE. People enjoy different stuff.

yea anyone can be an asshole. it doesnt nesserly mean any asshole is also elitist. they aint exclusive to the other. i agree with u
Dec 29, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2017
SigmaticDoc said:
Zoce_ said:

I just gave my 2 cents about elitists and I didn't even bother reading your post. Next time maybe make it less painful to read.

maybe you shouldnt read or reply if you dont read anything. you are wasting my time and others for being irrlevent. it is not hard to walk away dude.
Dec 29, 2017 8:21 AM

Oct 2010
@Zoce_ Yes, not any asshole is an elitist, a so called elitist exaggerates a lot more, I think.
Dec 29, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2015
Zoce_ said:
zal said:

I already knew about his opinion in this regard. As a (written) reviewer I liked him since he's taste is pretty consistent, too bad that he acted too much as an asshole on the forum (I saw few of his posts on Reddit) and didn't follow Reddit's rules giving them an excuse to ban him. Not sure how he got banned on MAL but mods would rather censor articles that depict Nazi in a bad way than unban him. (even though it seems MAL unbans active users fairly often)

zalDec 29, 2017 8:31 AM
Dec 29, 2017 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
Manaban said:
I am the one true elitist of this board

fear me plebians

Can I be your disciple Manaban-samaaaa?
Dec 29, 2017 8:58 AM

Feb 2015
Zoce_ said:
SigmaticDoc said:

maybe you shouldnt read or reply if you dont read anything. you are wasting my time and others for being irrlevent. it is not hard to walk away dude.

Your very topic is irrelevant, so an irrelevant answer's befitting, don't you think so?
Of course elitists exist, many elitists attack people's taste, that's how you find out they're elitist in the first place.
Attacking someone's taste means believing your taste is superior. You haven't been here nearly long enough to even know the sheer amount of elitists that are on this site.

Also, as I said, it's more of a running gag than anything that elitists like obscure 2deep4me anime. Everyone knows the definition of an elitist, I don't understand what kind of point you're trying to make about it in the first place.

Plenty of elitists on MAL, just cause you haven't seen them, it doesn't mean they aren't there.
Dec 29, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
I haven't seen any on MAL yet. YouTube however...
Dec 29, 2017 10:43 AM
May 2017
real elitists won't ever reply to a thread like this. if you want to see an elitist, I direct you to Digibro. all the talk of elitists shitting on other people is perpetuated by faux-elitists - human garbage that don't know where they belong and can do nothing more than imitate good taste, rather than actually develop good taste.
Dec 29, 2017 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
SigmaticDoc said:
Zoce_ said:

Your very topic is irrelevant, so an irrelevant answer's befitting, don't you think so?
Of course elitists exist, many elitists attack people's taste, that's how you find out they're elitist in the first place.
Attacking someone's taste means believing your taste is superior. You haven't been here nearly long enough to even know the sheer amount of elitists that are on this site.

Also, as I said, it's more of a running gag than anything that elitists like obscure 2deep4me anime. Everyone knows the definition of an elitist, I don't understand what kind of point you're trying to make about it in the first place.

Plenty of elitists on MAL, just cause you haven't seen them, it doesn't mean they aren't there.

This. Good job with the print screen. Those are certainly elitist people there even if they don't want to admit it.

Calling others having 'shit taste' = elitist
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Dec 29, 2017 11:03 AM

Jan 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Fella i'm an eLitIsT

Ask me anything

Don't hesitate

I won't bite, trust me.
Dec 29, 2017 11:39 AM

Apr 2017
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Ask me anything

Don't hesitate

I won't bite, trust me.

Really ?

How can I become an elitist ?

"elles sont bien noires

Dec 29, 2017 11:55 AM

Jan 2017
S-quare22 said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Ask me anything

Don't hesitate

I won't bite, trust me.

Really ?

How can I become an elitist ?

Step 1: Act like an entitled,arrogant asshole who requires excessive admiration,has a grandiose sense of self-importance and believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

step 2:Repeat step 1

step 3: ????

step 4: PROFIT!!!

Or you can join "New Wave-Elitism" movement by contacting this gentleman. https://myanimelist.net/profile/KyoumaZ
Cyber_IcarusDec 29, 2017 12:00 PM
Dec 29, 2017 12:34 PM
Nov 2017
I am here for validation on my elitism. <salutes>

hopefully my papers are in order.

I am available for any length and tour of duty, sir!

I am ready to roast the hides of these shit taste casuals! /s
Dec 29, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2016
Zoce_ said:

i mean even if there are people who think they are better than many people for petty reason , as long they dont cause any trouble
Reporting in. I only cause trouble in other places.
Dec 29, 2017 1:20 PM

May 2010
ITT: People who don't what an actual elitist is.

Am i surprised? Of course not, because its the same 10-12 people who always circlejerk each other on discord all day and are actually elitists

Easy to obfuscate.

If anyone thinks I'm an elitist (I rate Sword Art Online ahead of NGE & Cowboy Bebop)

then they're using one severely flawed definition of the word.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Dec 29, 2017 1:34 PM

Dec 2017
Kitsunethyst said:
I am here for validation on my elitism. <salutes>

hopefully my papers are in order.

I am available for any length and tour of duty, sir!

I am ready to roast the hides of these shit taste casuals! /s

please try to use less obvious jokes, and remove the "/s" for god sake. what are you? newbie?
Dec 29, 2017 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
top 3 cancers of MAL year 2017:
* elitist
* sexist
* racist
Dec 29, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
vvicked said:
top 3 cancers of MAL year 2017:
* elitist
* sexist
* racist

so in other words ppl need to stop trying to make an anime board political
Dec 29, 2017 2:09 PM
Oct 2017
The Mal community seems to have some kinda of boner with Elitism
Dec 29, 2017 4:31 PM

Jun 2015
I think SoL is the best and anyone that doesn't like them has shit taste. Does that make me an elitist?
:)
Dec 29, 2017 4:47 PM

Apr 2017
Having a refine "Human Nature taste by a special snowflake through their current High amount of EGO with low shitty IQ is basically "R E T A R D E D"

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Dec 29, 2017 4:52 PM

Feb 2015
>lets have one civil disscussion about the statue of mal

Even Elitist here can't even hold a civil discussion on MAL Forum, so good luck with what the fuck you're trying to do.
Dec 29, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
Does it make me an elitist to feel above everyone who falls for the meme?
Dec 29, 2017 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
desseroni said:
I think SoL is the best and anyone that doesn't like them has shit taste. Does that make me an elitist?

No. Quite frankly, that makes you a God.
Dec 29, 2017 6:18 PM

Sep 2009
If you ask for elitists, all you're going to get are casual plebs and trolls y'know.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 9 hours ago

39 by perseii »»
37 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 8 hours ago

41 by WatchTillTandava »»
40 seconds ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

16 by Horshu »»
49 seconds ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

33 by Horshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever refused to watch an anime because of its toxic fanbase?

Alpha_1_Zero - 14 minutes ago

5 by ShatteredSans »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.