Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 27, 2017 7:30 PM
Aug 2016
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Monogatari Series. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Araragi's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Monogatari Series truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Araragi's existential running gag with Hachikuji's "I stutted" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nisio Isin's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂
Dec 27, 2017 7:32 PM
Jan 2016
Do they even exist? I do not think so.
Dec 27, 2017 7:36 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
anything with the sub-genre 'parody' in it

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Dec 27, 2017 7:51 PM
May 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Eromanga Sensei. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Masamune's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LOLI. As a consequence people who dislike Eromanga Sensei truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Megumi’s famous quote “I love dicks” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Fushimi Tsukasa’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂
Dec 27, 2017 9:31 PM

Apr 2017
None. I don't think it depends on IQ if a show is difficult to understand, it depends on whether you pay attention to things or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2017 10:01 PM

Jan 2017
It's Thursday my dudes. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Dec 27, 2017 10:16 PM
Jun 2015
0 since anime is a leisure activity meant for entertainment for the masses, like normal television shows. If it was too difficult to understand, then the masses would have a headache trying to understand it or would leave the show with confusion and distaste. It is by no means profitable to have anime be suited for the intelligent side of a populace since they are a minority (not to mention they are most likely not spending their time watching anime).

However, I do enjoy it when anime hides a deeper meaning or understanding to the plot or characters in which if understood will only enhance a watcher's enjoyment and they would possibly feel a bit of accomplishment and feelings for the show.

Steins;Gate
Dec 27, 2017 10:51 PM

Jan 2013
ehehehe

rick
an
d
m orty

Am i cool yet guise??
Dec 27, 2017 10:52 PM

Sep 2012
i haven't come to AD in a long time, but holy fuck some of you are reddit-tier cancerous.
if only this thread was serious.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Dec 28, 2017 12:28 AM

Oct 2015
Chorenn said:
Kuma said:

it simply dirty joke the animation, you know, like old city hunter, but badly animated with no time to be decent writing...

Ah, so you lack the intelligence to comprehend it's glory? You do not wish to admit it is The Most Revolutionary Title in anime?? It's understandable why you may feel that way of course, but I highly recommend that you think more about it, think to the things I've pointed out.
MASTAPEECE!

Cmon man we all know it's a masterpiece but you gotta admit, THIS VIDEO'S PRETTY FUNNY

HitSquare said:
eromanga sensei obviously is this a joke thread or something?
Is this a joke thread or something? Are you fucking serious...? Why is this a question
MortalMelancholy said:
Pingu in the City; only true geniuses can comprehend its wonders.
Nyah_Chan said:
rsc-pl said:
You favlist is my trashlist for example. That's why you don't understand why Clannad is popular and high rated. But you are young now, you will understand it eventually.
You brain is the stuff that comes outta my ass... Almost everything in existence is subjective... So you saying that my preferences in anime is trash... Shows how little knowledge you posses in that thing you call a head... I like what I like... You like what you like... That is how it works REKT 420 SNOOP DAWG DORITOS MOUNTAIN DEW 360 NO SCOPE MLG BITCH LOL DAB
If you preach subjectivity wtf are you shitting on stuff for...? Huh...?
Rintarou_OkabeFR said:
Ero-manga sensei of course.to watch it you actually need a degree in phylosiphy, you need some marx to understand that sh*t.
Both have 3 posts and both said it 9 hours ago Easy way to distinguish which is the higher quality memerino member Number 2, Rin https://i.gyazo.com/ccd8ea48a52cbd8c0d17bfc8185d8968.png
FittsCo said:
Furnixx said:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂
And you think knowledge = IQ. Rick and Morty fangirls are always raving on about how they are so much smarter than plebs that dislike the show, when they are somehow unable to understand what IQ is. I got the jokes, but they are simply not funny. And idiots like you make it all the worse.
Your reply to this overused stale meme I couldn't give 2 shits for if he posted or not makes me want to die and take this world out with me in the process shouting "Allahu Akbar" END ME FUCKING RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!! ALLAHU AKBAR
Nyah_Chan said:
You need a high IQ to understand Clannad... Because I can't understand why this trash is so popular
"Follows the idea of Anime subjectivity and preference" Calls X Anime trash.... ?
Long_Ng said:
definitely Boku No Pico such master piece
So ironic how although everyone implies sarcasm with Boku No Piko memes it is literally one of the best Trap Hentai out there.. And the definately the most popular, well known one :V Crazy how it gave light to traps but nobody realizes this
RnDNEET021 said:
IQ this, IQ that >MAL Salty fags truly never learn
^
Pullman said:
why are people replying seriously to such an obvious shitpost who's just trolling with the elitism meme? No wonder the community thinks elitists are a real thing if they are willing to take every troll who shitposts about LOGH that seriously... These are the kind of shitposts that everybody loves tho because it gives them an excuse to maintain their elitist prejudices against 'elitist' shows and their fanbases even when it's obviously insincere shitposting and not even funny or creative or anything.
This isn't a trolling, please, do not call shitposting or in this case overused stale meme post trolling... I'd rather not taint the image of what real trolling was, rest in peace Eduard Khil :( https://www.google.com/search?q=Eduard+Khil&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS716US716&oq=Eduard+Khil&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4112j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 Also tbh although I'm sure there's some people who actually do that (talking about the 2nd part of your reply) I don't think it's something that most people even think of doing...
Yomiyuki said:
i haven't come to AD in a long time, but holy fuck some of you are reddit-tier cancerous. if only this thread was serious.
I'd rather not have this thread be fucking serious, that'd be disgusting, just think about it "ANIME YOU MUST BE REAL INTELLIGENT TO UNDERSTAND" Fuck no, disgusting pretentious circle jerk I'd rather it be a dead meme-fest But honestly, it wasn't that either... Can't believe some people actually fucking took this "question" seriously...
ishiZY said:
It's more about being intented by depth of show, than IQ. You want - you watch; You enjoy - you like. You are watching show, not lecture on intelligence; IQ doesn't really matter here.

Yomiyuki said:
i haven't come to AD in a long time, but holy fuck some of you are reddit-tier cancerous.
if only this thread was serious.
You're not supposed to take MAL seriously lol
The admins, the rules, the people, the ratings, etc, nothing :))))))))))))))))))))))
Dec 28, 2017 12:54 AM
Jul 2017
Wizards of weverly place or sao (sao 300 IQ btw)
Dec 28, 2017 12:56 AM

Apr 2017
zieek said:
So far in 2017

Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni...

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita.

And I'm pretty sure

Omiai Aite wa Oshiego, Tsuyoki na, Mondaiji.

Pretty much this.

You must have high iq's to understand them.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 28, 2017 1:02 AM

Aug 2010
I love how everyone unironically answers your question @Dlwuik I've got to give you props for this thread.
Dec 28, 2017 1:10 AM

Apr 2016
Well, I just finished watching Cat Soup, and I can say that it will require some brains to understand what's going on. The anime is very open to interpretation. You decide what it's about.

Dec 28, 2017 2:02 AM

Sep 2017
You clearly need a high iq to understand Himouto! The humor is subtle and the overall themes are hard to understand, if you don't have the smarts for it. It's a masterpiece.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Dec 28, 2017 2:21 AM

Aug 2014
Ecchi anime.
You need to watch learn and admire the boobs and ass before starting to like the..
Dec 28, 2017 2:28 AM

Oct 2010
I don't know the answer, I watched Evangelion only for Asuka fanservice. I am not that smart so I enjoy pretty much all anime.
Dec 28, 2017 6:57 AM

May 2015
I'm not entertaining the IQ thing, even if it is a troll post I'll say you need quick wits and a sharp mind to follow the Monogatari series completely.
Dec 28, 2017 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
Utsu Musume Sayuri. There are some scholars who have been able to decipher the ultra complex message behind such abomination, but, to these days, I haven't found any meaning on the project, and, considering my low IQ, I will probably never understand such work.
Dec 28, 2017 8:33 AM

Aug 2015
Diabolik Lovers because it makes no sense why anybody would enjoy that crap.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Dec 28, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2014
rick and morty is an anime for intellectuals

Syrup- said:
ehehehe

rick
an
d
m orty

Am i cool yet guise??

anyone who likes etrian odyssey is cool
Dec 28, 2017 8:45 AM

Aug 2017
you need a very high IQ in order to understand the complex messages in K-on!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
@Soriki

Well because it was a joke... But I never attack people for liking it... That's the difference... I personally do not like it... But since everything is subjective... I will not attack people who do like it
Dec 28, 2017 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
Utsu Musume Sayuri. There are some scholars who have been able to decipher the ultra complex message behind such abomination, but, to these days, I haven't found any meaning on the project, and, considering my low IQ, I will probably never understand such work.

Give it time, friend. One day you will learn to appreciate the complex work known as Sayuri.

To the OP

None. Anime is an opiate for the idiotic masses...Except Sayuri which is the defining point of the niche.
Dec 28, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
You need a high IQ to like any anime. Cuz all animoo is deep and deep and deep and smart and symbolism!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 28, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2016
Furnixx said:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

I clicked on this topic just to read this copypasta
Dec 28, 2017 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Rick and Morty. Though really, you don't NEED a high IQ to understand an anime. You just need to be observant. Not too mention IQ is nonsense.
Dec 28, 2017 12:08 PM

Feb 2016
dunno. maybe the OP's favorites anime
Dec 28, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2017
I gotta go with K-On. It really takes a genius to understand the complexities and fully enjoy this mystery of a show.
Dec 28, 2017 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
TheDeadApostle said:
Illyricus said:

Give it time, friend. One day you will learn to appreciate the complex work known as Sayuri.
I hope indeed that it ends being the case.
Dec 28, 2017 1:27 PM

Dec 2017
Nerawareta gakuen... good luck !!!
Dec 28, 2017 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:
Ousama Game

Seriously, the more I want to understand why it was green lit for an anime, the more confused I get.

If someone figure it out, please let me know.

The Manga was good. The Anime made it Bad
Dec 28, 2017 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
Glasslip. It's a very complex anime.
Dec 28, 2017 2:05 PM

Nov 2017
cory in the house ---- rick and morty
おかえりなさい

Dec 28, 2017 2:14 PM

Oct 2015
Nyah_Chan said:
@Soriki

Well because it was a joke... But I never attack people for liking it... That's the difference... I personally do not like it... But since everything is subjective... I will not attack people who do like it
Yeah... I sure did get the irony right across the Internet buddy...
You do realize the number of people that say shit like that unironically right?
How am I suppose to know you're one of the ones who are saying that as a joke...
Dec 28, 2017 2:16 PM

Jun 2012
Everybody and their mother possesses the ability to take a piece of paper and a pencil, put on an anime and take notes of what happens in every episode. They then can analyze what happened and base a theory around what was proposed through the storytelling. You don't need a high IQ to do anything around this hobby. Anybody that tells you otherwise is an idiot.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Dec 28, 2017 2:23 PM

Jun 2015
To love ru evidently, you need a high IQ to understand the maneuvers performed by Rito breaking all physic laws to fall that way.
Dec 28, 2017 2:54 PM
May 2017
Im saying Monogatari series its really hard to actually understand i think that is the reason some people rate it saying its a stupid fan-service series, it has a much dipper meaning and its amazing once you realize that.
Also Welcome to the NHK its a good example (i think)
Dec 28, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2016
The Monogatari Series.

I know this for sure, because I'm stupid and I didn't uderstand it al all.
Dec 28, 2017 3:22 PM

Sep 2017
i wonder how many people took this low effort shitpost seriously
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 28, 2017 4:55 PM

Feb 2015
Soriki said:
Nyah_Chan said:
@Soriki

Yeah... I sure did get the irony right across the Internet buddy...
You do realize the number of people that say shit like that unironically right?
How am I suppose to know you're one of the ones who are saying that as a joke...

Eh... True... It's easy forget that people can't see the expression used through the internet...
Dec 28, 2017 6:29 PM
Jan 2016
darker than black cuz it dark and you every eps has something important

Dec 28, 2017 6:43 PM
May 2016
Dlwuik said:
i think ykou need a high iq to understand kokuhaku and other anime like that. what anime you need high iq's to understand?

No idea if you are trolling or really think that you are soooo smart
Dec 28, 2017 7:02 PM
Mar 2016
genius party-limit cycle
that damn ep
Dec 28, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2016
You need high IQ to understand Rapeman, the dialogue has a deep meaning and throttles you back and forth in this surreal world filled with mystery and deception.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 28, 2017 8:45 PM

Jun 2007
Has anyone said Prison School yet? The simple see only tits and arse.
Dec 28, 2017 9:16 PM
Aug 2010
You definitely need a high IQ to understand Garzey's Wing. I watched the entire thing and still have no idea what it was about or what happened.

I'm pretty sure there are some deep themes to be found if you can comprehend the story.
MikotobaDec 28, 2017 9:20 PM
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Dec 28, 2017 9:26 PM
May 2016
I would say anything but the late Satoshi Kon, like Paranoia Agent, Paprika, Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers!!
Dec 28, 2017 9:49 PM

Feb 2015
To be fair, you do need a fairly high IQ to understand Aki-Sora.
Dec 29, 2017 2:54 AM

Feb 2016
I don't think you really need an high IQ to understand an Anime more. I watched a few really complicated Anime. You will always find Animes like that, that are a little bit more complicated and hard to understand. I even thought the Monogatari-Series is really hard to understand sometimes but If you really focuse on the Story... it's possible to understand it.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

11 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

56 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

984 by subahokke »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

238 by ISeeLifePeople »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

130 by Punkero »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.