Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2017 12:40 AM
Mar 2012
Quite improved from s1, less annoying Umaru who actually matured, comedy remains & more mini plotlines connecting the characters.
Dec 29, 2017 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
Is hard being Kanau haha
It was fun to see the girls spending new years together.
Dec 29, 2017 9:03 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A nice comfy episode to end the season.

I think this was possibly even better than the first, there was much more attention given to character development this time around, which I think is great. We understand every single character a lot better now. They all gel in interesting ways, the most surprising was Kirie and how much she's grown as a person.

This season wasn't just an excuse to make more memes, it felt very genuine in its storytelling and character development.

The odd one out was Hikari, I'm still not exactly sure why she even exists at times. Although, her facial expressions were incredibly cute and funny. I wouldn't have minded some more development for her and her older sister though.

I'll miss Umaru that's for sure. She never failed to make me smile. I know the manga ended serialization in one magazine, but I believe it has a sequel series in a different magazine now instead. Correct me if I'm wrong. So perhaps that means we could see more in the future? At least America is getting her manga officially translated very soon.

Right now I have it at an 8/10, but I may change it to a 9. Overall, an excellent sequel in every way.
Dec 30, 2017 1:30 AM

Feb 2014
Wait, that's it? They didn't even try to make it look like a season finale.
They could have made this a Christmas episode by bringing all the girls together, and especially use Hikaru to let Kanau be with Taihei for a change during Christmas. But instead, they completely skipped christmas and ended the episode with a lame, boring scene of the girls in their Yukata during New Year.

And right until the end, Umaru continued to lie and deceive every single one of her friends, again, about her otaku hobby and all her different "identities", even though they have gotten much closer during this season.

However, this season was still FAR better than the rinse and repeat routine of the first season, where most of the episodes were just Umaru stuck in her room being a lazy, obnoxious little shit, occasionally spouting otaku memes that the audience can relate to. This time around, there was a lot more variety in episodes, and Umaru herself was much more likable. 7/10.
Dec 30, 2017 2:12 AM
Nov 2015
Nice to see the usual squad enjoying the Okonomiyaki of Taihei. Hat exchange gifts was pretty funny. Also, it seems as if they're passing down their geniuses. Didn't know that Hikari's sister was from AP classes, who is also one of the top. Her reaction was hilarious after hearing Hikari wanting to be praised by Taihei.

Glad to see these girls enjoying the New Year with their new kimonos. Made me discovered new games such as the hanetsuki, karuta, and sugoroku. Somehow, I would share the same opinion with Sylphin resembling hanetsuki as tennis. (I wanna try those xD). Finally, Sylphin and Umaru got the same even for a small period of time.

Surprised that she got 35,000 yen for her New Year allowance. Hilarious outcome as usual.

... Also realized that Ebina and her brother did not meet each other :(

Heard that the anime only ended in chapter 137. Hopefully, looking forward for season 3 or perhaps OVAs. I'm glad to see some character development this season. As always, both of the seasons never failed to make me laugh.
Dec 30, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2012
Well that's the end of this second season, in general it wasn't a bad watch!

All in all some nice character development and general slice of life elements that were pretty lovely!

So in general it was a fun watch.
Dec 31, 2017 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
Sylphys mom is a demon, I'm convinced.
This was way better than the first season.
Jan 2, 2018 6:32 AM

Mar 2009
The final episode was okay.

But anyway, like everyone else here, I have to echo the sentiment that S2 was better than S1.

There was some decent character development this time around, to the point that Umaru felt like a well-rounded character, and not the little spoiled and selfish gremlin that we’ve always known her as. Sure, she was still a little selfish and spoiled(especially in the final episode), but her self-awareness(finally) ended up changing things in a surprisingly big way. She became more appreciative of her brother and her friends, which was great to see. Sylphin and Kirie became well-rounded characters of their own this season, as well. Sylphin just…sort of existed in the 1st season. Didn’t care for her either way back then. But now I absolutely love her.

I have a soft spot for this little series because of the sibling relationship. Umaru is totally dependent on Taihei, and Taihei definitely enables her from time to time. But there sure are some endearing moments between the two. Taihei’s just a good dude in general. Like, when he bought the game to play with Umaru, it was not only a smart thing to do to curb her from playing it non-stop, but he also got quality time to hang out with her by sharing in her hobby. It was a healthy and nice thing to do, and it’s no wonder why she loves him so much.

Here's hoping for another season in the future. I'll miss it.
Jan 6, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
In this fall season 2017 many anime series are over or have presented a Christmas-themed episode, even here we have not missed the opportunity, who knows it will be a sign of destiny. Episode fun and cute very, I'm sorry that there was not time to talk more about Hikari, I hope you do a third season of this show.
As I see it, this second season was better than the previous one, for now my vote is 7/10.
Jan 16, 2018 10:18 AM

May 2016
Damn it this was not a good episode for a great anime like this seriously it was sucha lame finaly.
Now the manga has also ended there is no way for a next season ;-; 7/10

I trully gonna miss this anime Good Bye Umaruuuuuu ;-;
Jan 18, 2018 12:46 PM

Sep 2014
Another cute episode. Hikari and Kanau were adorable!
The dinner with Bomber and Alex was very comfy. Speaking of them, they were very generous to Umaru. That was a nice New Year's allowance! Too bad Umaru wasted it all. lol
I liked Umaru's and Ebina's hats. Umaru's one resembles her orange hamster-like cape. Poor Taihei just got an apron and a frying pan. He doesn't look like a person with many hobbies, so I don't really know what else he could have got.

Very nice season all in all. Some parts were better than S1. I hope there will be a third season eventually (unless the manga ended and the anime already covered all the content, which would be bad news).
Jan 21, 2018 7:17 PM

Jan 2017
Damn no closure to anything. Second season is better than first season at the least.
Jan 27, 2018 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
It didn't look like an end, but it was a good episode. My favorite part was after the ending :D.

This season is better than season 1, we have more storytelling about the characters and Umaru is funnier and less annoying. I would like to see a season 3 (not now) or an OVA.

The ending song was incredible, it was so fun to dance on it. Pura Pura♫
Feb 8, 2018 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
I gotta say the 2nd season is better than the first one, so glad to see some rivarly moments between Umaru and Hikari. Taihei and Ebina would make a great couple but i think it will become kinda awkward since Ebina and Umaru are friends. Also i really want to know about their past and their parents especially their mom.

Overall score 7/10
Feb 26, 2018 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Huh, that didn't feel like much of a final episode, but it was still good.

I'm happy that this season got pretty much every everyone some development, which were often surprisingly great, like Sylphin and Kirie. These two and Umaru and Bomber make this show for me, they are all great and always bring a smile to my face. Taihei was good, but there were a few times when I was disappointed in the way he acted (like the frying pan incident when he didn't worry even the slightest about her own sister, but only about Ebina...).
On the other hand, I still can't stand Ebina... she is just so god damn annoying :S Both her voice and her character... I hope Taihei doesn't get together with her, he deserves a more normal person, like Kanau (or hell, even any other female character). The main cast would be much better without her in my opinion :/
Alex was also annoying, although not as much as Ebina, but I kind of feel like he was unnecessary, or at least he should have appeared less and only when Sylphin was involved or something.
Hikari was better and less clingy then I expected, and she was often cute, but just like with Alex, I feel like she was pretty unnecessary as an addition, it's not like Taihei needed any more imouto-candidates :/
I'm a bit sad that Umaru still hasn't revealed at least a few sides of her to some people (like with Kirie about her being her "Master", and with Sylphin and the whole UMR thing), but I guess this is what the show is about, so it's kind of okay.

I would have taken a point from the score of the first season (8) and make this a 7 because of the new but unnecessary characters, if it weren't for all the great development we had with the other characters. Their development bumps it back up to an 8/10 for me. I hope we can get a 3rd season some day, even with the negative parts :)
Mar 23, 2018 5:48 PM
Jul 2016
Himouto Umaru-chan is one of my favorite animes and i enjoyed every episode of this second season.
I hope they make a third season :D
Aug 16, 2018 8:04 AM

Jun 2011
Ahaha gotta end it with Umaru being ungrateful. Chibi Umaru is the best. Fun series, though I'd like more chibi Umaru over normal Umaru truth be told, also a bit more of onii-chan flashbacks.

I love the sfx In the background whenever Sylphy or Umaru appears, the "sha-bang~" and "umaru-n~", so cute and funny.
ToG25thBaamAug 16, 2018 9:57 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 2, 2020 4:11 PM
Mar 2013
Hated this season. I had to force myself to complete it. it was very boring and just... useless.. to watch. The first season was very enjoyable but this one yikes
Feb 4, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
Once in a while I would watch an episode of this show, just to take me mind off things. Kinda feel good show this is. It's not that special but definitely not bad either and it gets the job done, most SoLs are like that.

Apr 26, 2020 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Fun watch but not as strong as the first season.

The first season worked really well as a self-container one-and-done, ending in a high note that summarises the events of the season really well. This one just feels like they made episodes until they weren't able to make any more - there's a lot that's set up and never paid off, and the final episode is arguably the most middling episode of the whole season.

Also I'm surprised how much fun Hikari was as a character. I was kind of expecting her to be a 'poochie' type character but she was really cool. It's a fun idea to give Umaru a non-romantic rival of sorts.

That said I'll almost certainly go check out the manga now so if that was their goal then mission accomplished, I suppose.
Jan 4, 2021 7:10 PM
Jan 2021
Any hopes for a season 3? Lot of plot ideas were left empty.
May 25, 2021 7:11 AM
Aug 2013
This one was scored higher, so I thought this season would take all of the character building we got in S1 and develop the show into something with an actual story. But S2 took on a much different persona than I expected.

Umaru's brashness and jerk personality virtually disappeared, as she was now good friends with the rest of the main cast. She didn't bother her brother much anymore. S2 was absent of any of the tension that was present in S1. There were hints that perhaps some couples would form, but they were all teases. Worst of all, the numerous otaku and anime references, such as Magical Girl Swordfish Tuna Homura, all but disappeared. S1E9 was a goldmine of references, and S2 had nothing like it. The show turned into a straight CGDCT.

I read that some people liked how Umaru was toned down, but I absolutely disagree. Umaru's sharpness was what made this interesting, and she was essentially neutered in S2. It wasn't miserable, as Ebina is arguably the cutest girl in all of CGDCT. But the final episode ended the show on a whimper. S2 sold less than half the units of S1, so there probably won't be a S3 to finish this. What a shame.
Aug 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Jun 2021
After watching this anime, I must say that both seasons are good. However, I think the character development is better on this second season, as each character has its own background story and they are not just there to create comical situations.

If I had to say something negative, I'd say that some stories are not given proper closure, but I believe that is just because a third season was expected, although it has not been confirmed as of August of 2021.

In conclusion, this is a good anime to watch in spare time in order to laugh and find some relatable characters which are loveable. Thank you to the creators and to those of you who joined me in this journey through your comments!

P.S.: Umaru, Ebina, Kirie and Sylphin looked very cute in their New Year's kimonos. That was such a wholesome scene!
Dec 6, 2021 3:19 AM
May 2020
wait - whaaaat? hikari doesnt get her onii-chan? how dare they tease this and end the season leaving hikari disappointed!? thats a no go! very sad ending.
i liked both seasons. the second season even more. but the last episode destroyed it. :(
Dec 23, 2021 4:42 PM
Dec 2021
great!!!! Fell in love with taihei, he is perfect. Found uruma's himouto very entertaining as well.
Mar 20, 2022 9:59 AM
Jul 2020
Ah, I want to see Umaru & Taihei couple together.

May 21, 2022 11:14 AM
Nov 2021
Ngl the ending was anti climactic as HELL
Jun 20, 2023 4:35 AM
Aug 2022
Man!!! I'll miss this anime a lot. really enjoyed it till the very end.
Nov 14, 2023 7:55 AM

Feb 2022
What a wonderful, feel good anime. I just wish there was more.
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2023
Well this was an ok anime ans itwas fun
Dec 11, 2023 3:15 PM
Jun 2021
I really love this anime, I hope Umaru Chan gets a third season, it's almost 7 years after the second season aired
Mar 24, 11:50 AM
Jun 2016
Umaru has a point, though. Like, the hell's Taihei on about? I doubt a proper brick oven for pizza is easy to come by in Japan. And this is coming from someone whose favourite food is pizza. And besides, they say that pizza is like sex. Even if it's bad, it's good!

Damn, Umaru's such a brat. But I kinda agree with her. People either translate okonomiyaki as Japanese pizza or Japanese (savory) pancake. I think Japanese pancake makes more sense as okonomiyaki is fried, as opposed to pizza being baked. And while most pancakes are sweet, some are savoury like the okonomiyaki.

Welp, this is the last episode for this season and there doesn't seem to have a 3rd season. Sadge.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

40 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2017

38 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 29, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2017

42 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 23, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

59 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 22, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2017

48 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 18, 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.