Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 31, 2017 9:54 AM

Mar 2012
A pleasant surprise. Hope there's another season
Jan 1, 2018 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
Lol I checked my fansub this week for the next episode, and found nothing. Didn't see this one was the last episode.
Jan 1, 2018 4:58 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
After all that things to be revealed after ep 11 they did that!!! What a bullshit! I hope there will be some extra ep or 2nd season to show us real ending, not just mid-series-like random episode
Jan 2, 2018 12:50 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
10/10

I never laugh out loud every episodes on an anime before. Most of the time if it funny, I find it amusing but won't laugh. I marathon this whole series in 2 days unlike ya who waited each week for a ep. This is the anime to be watched episode by episode. Ya watching it wrong.

I do hope for a 2nd Season. I want to know what's happened afterward.

Jan 2, 2018 2:49 AM

Apr 2013
Trash. Complete trash.
Jan 2, 2018 3:53 PM

Oct 2015
We got a background story on Itsuki, I guess he really wanted to be a protagonist that bad hey. But what I'm mostly interested in is Chihiro telling him she is actually her sister and I think Nayu was the first choice to her novel being adapted to a series ( I hope the reveal will be good). I see Miyako wants to be an editor what will become of this?

I really enjoyed this series, but at first I had doubts but now I see its potential to become even greater. I loved the characters and the story had a fine flow, I would recommend it and will watch s2 if there is one in the future.

7/10 and hope for next one.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 2, 2018 5:16 PM
Jul 2015
Welp first zero no tsukaima and then haruhi ? Great lol.

I liked itsuki's little flashback but thought it was very strange for a last episode. How they sometimes change up the opening and play it at different times is a very nice touch!

As people mentioned hopefully this means a season 2 because I laughed so much with this show :) !
Jan 3, 2018 11:05 AM

Feb 2008
The flashback alone was better than the entire season. Well, the nude scenes were also good, too.

I grew tired of waiting for the show to be about little sisters to be honest... I agree with the first review on this site about the show. A complete disappointment.

Good voice acting, though. 4/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 4, 2018 8:29 AM

Nov 2014
at least finished this series,
nice closing episode, telling about some dark past about itsuki and how that become a strong reason for him to become novelist, and like usual slight intermezzo about fun board game, and of course the great news about anime adaptation of his novel

I like some lewd and dirty jokes that presented in this series, beside of that, now i know how the novelist life is, although not 100% like in this series,

overall was great, its really fun to watch and i hope there is season 2 for this series, i really want to see more of itsukixnayuta XD

Great shows, 9/10 from me :D
Jan 4, 2018 5:32 PM

Jun 2011
Overall liked this series a lot but the last episode was a disappointment.

I could have given this a 8/10 or even a 9/10 depending on the ending but now I'll have to drop it to 7/10.

I got some great laughs from during the 11 episodes and it was fun to watch, it's a shame we got no ending or development whatsoever in the last episode. It's like an episode is missing from the end. Oh well, I enjoyed this show for most of the time quite a bit so I can't complain too much
Jan 5, 2018 4:01 PM

Jan 2018
Surprise of the season for sure, 9/10
Jan 8, 2018 4:39 PM

Aug 2014
Nothing interesting going on, not really Memorable Characters.
There's very slow progression.
I also felt like this is just an advertisement for LN, the OP/ED felt aren't catchy enough so does to OST.

It's pretty bland tbh, i am giving it 8, though If i had to be harsh i would give it like 6/7.
Jan 10, 2018 4:07 AM

Jan 2014
Im gonna miss this show :( all are waifu material to be honest. :D Nayuta, Chihiro, Miyako and the first love older sister.

Looking forward to more imouto sae ireba! hopeful for a second season.
Insert Signature Here
Jan 19, 2018 6:30 AM
Jan 2018
I personally thought this ending is a befitting ending for the anime as it is. The type of ending used is an open ending. Meaning that we are able to fill in the ending with out own imagination. This anime is about a couple of novel writers with the protagonist being a little sister lover.
We write down our own ending the way we want it to end. In my mind: Chihiro tells Itsuki she's actually a girl. That made Itsuki realise he's having a little sister afterall. This caused new problems as his strong desires of having a little sister came true. Nayuta whom overheard Itsuki's love for her in a previous episode suddenly became unclear again. Knowing Nayuta, she'll probably stay the same cheerful her and with Miyako's support, everything is getting back to how it is supposed to be. After Itsuki descovers a new way to put his feelings for Chihiro into his novels, he eventually achieves his goal to be on equal standings with Nayuta and ends up marrying her.
Feb 3, 2018 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
In this episode, the first part was nice, but the second was too common to end the anime. The transition with the opening song was great :).

I liked the anime for the parts where they are together, it looks like real friends having fun.
Regarding the main story, nothing progressed. Itsuki is still trying to be as good as Kani, he still thinks that his sister is his brother and Kani is still alone :/. The only character that progressed is Miyako, which found what she would like to do.
I need more episodes! With another great OP :D
SakaitsuFeb 3, 2018 2:05 AM
Feb 6, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending, nothing too special though, but still enjoyable! Quite liked it in general, but the ecchiness was something that I personally would've preferred to be left out. It really makes the anime worse.

I do wonder if we'll see a continuation on this, an OVA maybe finalising this or so? A whole second season would be a bit too much no?
Feb 14, 2018 11:57 AM
Feb 2018
Well there is alot of people waiting for the other season
And it was a really amazing and funny anime to watch
So i hope there is another season coming up . My vote is 100 out of 5 👍🏻👍🏻
Feb 14, 2018 11:58 AM
Feb 2018
Well there is alot of people waiting for the other season
And it was a really amazing and funny anime to watch
So i hope there is another season coming up . My vote is 100 out of 5 👍🏻👍🏻
Feb 17, 2018 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
its open ending. seems its a regular episode. but the last part says "its the end" but i dont feel it. possible for a continuation?!
Feb 28, 2018 10:37 PM
Dec 2017
I'm glad I stuck with this show after I found the 1st episode kinda boring. This show is so underrated. Imouto had something for everyone, they pretty covered all the various kinks and fetishes out there. So much comedy, so much ecchi and fan service. Along with an interesting and realistic look at life as a light novel writer in Japan.

So many references and parodies of other anime, manga and novels I'm sure I didn't catch half of them. I really enjoy this show. Very entertaining. Easily a 9/10.
Mar 1, 2018 5:06 AM
Aug 2016
Nothing much to say I really enjoyed the show. Fun to see novelists hanging out together and the subtle romance. I'm almost certain for a season 2. Overall ending was fine. 9/10
Mar 8, 2018 9:37 AM
Dec 2013
Enjoyable anime, I guess. Haganai S1 was more entertaining, though. But I hope this show gets a second season.
Mar 10, 2018 7:09 PM

Jan 2018
I think this is a fair ending. Some of the question already got an answer. Itsuki of course has a feeling to nayuta, it's only wait for the right time. Itsuki himself is going very success with his novel getting manga and anime adaptation. And about miyako interest in becoming an editor isn't really need to be tells furthermore.

The only question that unanswered is about when chihiro will reveal about her true self as a sister (not brother as itsuki thought). But, according to what itsuki said in the end, he will always go further as long as he still need imouto, i've a feeling that chihiro's confession will end itsuki's journey and (imo) ended entire story of it.

Do i still want S2 ? Not really, at least 50:50. But yes, i enjoyed this anime. 7/10 is fair enough
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Mar 11, 2018 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
So the reason Itsuki loves imouto so much because he was dumped by onee san a long time ago and still feel a little bit bitter because of it lmao. Nayuta is cute but she's annoying and too clingy, i prefer Itsuki to be with Miyako she's a sweet and caring girl, a perfect waifu to be honest. I'm also curious about Ayane Mitohara, it'd be interesting if Itsuki and her have a little reunion in the future.

Overall score 6/10
Mar 16, 2018 9:01 AM
May 2014
I was hoping Itsuki confess to Kaniko but it didn't.... Feels bad man
Mar 28, 2018 11:59 AM
Feb 2018
Huhh i should read the novel
Apr 2, 2018 2:58 AM
Jun 2016
I feel as if the Finale is just setting us up for a new season, with Haruto working on his manga, Itsuki with his anime, Nayuta working with Itsuki's love, Chihiro summing up the courage to finally tell her brother that she's a girl, and Miyako learning to become an editor.

It'd be a shame to leave this right here, I'm sure the protagonist would want more protagonist time even though he thinks he's not the protagonist (even though he is in our eyes).

Apr 2, 2018 2:59 AM
Jun 2016
Fuikaze said:
I was hoping Itsuki confess to Kaniko but it didn't.... Feels bad man

Well he did because when him and Haruto were talking, Itsuki finally admitted to liking Kaniko, and she overheard him. Maybe he didn't to her face but their feelings are confirmed to be mutual.

Apr 2, 2018 3:05 AM
Jun 2016
ToshiroChan said:
So the reason Itsuki loves imouto so much because he was dumped by onee san a long time ago and still feel a little bit bitter because of it lmao. Nayuta is cute but she's annoying and too clingy, i prefer Itsuki to be with Miyako she's a sweet and caring girl, a perfect waifu to be honest. I'm also curious about Ayane Mitohara, it'd be interesting if Itsuki and her have a little reunion in the future.

Overall score 6/10

She may be clingy, but she's not the type of crazy-clingy. She's not depressed, she isn't crazy (just referencing my own life story).

But yeah I like her because, and I quote from Haruto, "She's cute, she has big boobs, she's funny, and she's pervy."

I don't know about you but she has all the qualities of a girl I'd want to date.

Apr 4, 2018 9:32 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
BigEDMan said:
ToshiroChan said:

Overall score 6/10

She may be clingy, but she's not the type of crazy-clingy. She's not depressed, she isn't crazy (just referencing my own life story).

But yeah I like her because, and I quote from Haruto, "She's cute, she has big boobs, she's funny, and she's pervy."

I don't know about you but she has all the qualities of a girl I'd want to date.

I'm with you on that one, that's literally all the qualities I need for a girl, good personality, cute, and pervy like me lol
Apr 7, 2018 9:47 PM

Feb 2014
wtf... i endured a lot of boring scenes for this totally inconclusive ending? nth really happened... nth.. really? disappointing...
what saves this anime is basically the yuri fanservice.

4/10 being generous
May 20, 2018 8:41 PM
Apr 2017
The whole last episode was boring. Flashback character background explanation in the last episode! Are you kidding me?
Aug 10, 2018 8:07 PM
Feb 2018
anyone want to talk about the very ending of "that was all 12 episodes of a sisters all you need"
Sep 22, 2018 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
I.e., "read the novels"
Sep 23, 2018 8:19 AM

Apr 2016
manga or another season
Oct 18, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2011
Well there we go. I was cautious about this series before going into it, and thus wanted to watch the anime in order to see if it was any good or not (something that used to be a major part of my anime viewing a couple of years ago but has somehow become quite rare). I mean, I know I like Hirasaka's style of story, but I also know that I'm not overly fond of siscon stuff.

I guess I needn't have worried. This was a great watch and I'm sure it will be a great read as well.

As an aside (and actually related to this episode)...
08:24 - I want that series. I so want that series. They must be taunting me, including such a long out of print series in there... (Yes I know it's available as an ebook but I don't do those)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
I really like it when this series goes into serious stuffs, especially when it comes to romance. Most series tend to be really annoying when they become serious but I'm glad this is an exception. Also, good thing they're not going onto forcing ships and I hope they won't. I don't know on how I should rate this but I'd say I really like this series. I really hope there'll be a second season though.

I'd really like to check the source material but too bad it's a LN and I'm not a big fan of LN.

Also, I like both Miyako and Nayu so my feelings are really conflicted on seeing one being happy and the other being sad. Really, I just hope they won't pull a force other ship on Miyako.
TennoujiNov 7, 2018 5:25 PM

Mar 27, 2019 3:13 PM

Mar 2019
hmm, love the series but i don't like the ending

especially since it seems they used 4 out of 5 novels and then stop it instead of making a few more episodes to complete it :(
no idea if i'll buy the novels, seems they're only in english and i prefer books in my language...
Apr 28, 2019 5:47 PM

Apr 2019
Welp, time to start watching the twitter episodes i guess, this ending wasn't really that good.
May 6, 2019 6:07 PM
Oct 2015
They pretty much prepared for a second two quite well.
But that's pretty not gonna happen.

It was a nice anime.
The first part was relatable somehow.
Aug 13, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2017
Was waiting for this red hair girl since i have a liking for short haired girl but...what a b**ch ! What the hell with being a brother ?! Of course you can love your brother ! Almost hate this character, in like 700+ anime i only hated one ccharacter

Nice way to put op , second part was good , would have been wrong if they didnt talk about all thoses side story but they did, unlike re zero who add realy important character like that witch that control whole anime but dont even show her, or add a magical girl but remove her

Anyway nice anime , expected more imouto, more ecchi part with MC, but laughed like an idi** each ep so 9/10
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 5, 2019 2:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Itsuki's past was... cringe, very cringe, double kill for Itsuki and that schoolgirl.

Overall it was a pretty good anime, I really liked it, characters were good and story was interesting, I just found there is too much ecchi and some moments are boring.

7/10 for this anime, I hope for season 2 maybe.
Nov 11, 2019 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty quiet finale, that's not necessarily a bad thing though. A lot of comedy shows end with unnecessary forced drama, so I prefer this kind of ending. We also got some backstory for Itsuki, even though it did not really matter that much.

The start of this show was really weird, partly good and partly wtf. But as it progressed I really got into it, even though the last few episodes weren't as good as the middle part. Still enjoyed it a lot and hope for a sequel some day. 8/10
Dec 29, 2019 2:13 PM
Mar 2019
The ending was unsatisfying and barely resolved anything. I hope for a second season or more and hope it will bring us to a conclusion.
Apr 25, 2020 10:07 AM

Mar 2019
Honestly,it's actually quite good.Yea,the first 5-6 episodes were boring as hell,but the music,the characters and all that were enjoyable.And weirdly enough,I loved Kenjiro,the editoer.The last episode where he talked about being an editor while they were playing the game and how those events actually happen in life was amazing to me.I love hearing someone talk about his/her profession while in a different place.It was nice seing Itsuki's past and yes KAYU IS CUTE. I'll still need to decide between an 7 or 8 but I think it would be 8/10 (or 7.5/10 if MAL had this kind of thing)
I hope there will be an season 2.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 13, 2020 3:46 PM

May 2015
I dropped this 3 minutes into the first episode, should I give it another chance?
Jul 18, 2020 5:59 AM

Feb 2017
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, I really love this anime.
I cried a bit in a part where Miyako started to learn to become an editor, meaning she finally tried to become something she yearned. Then Nayuta casually kept admiring Itsuki and started walking and improvising along through her path. Haruto once again went up after been going through hard times. And Itsuki took up and tried to do his best on something that's seeming like to not having any bright future. I took my words back from last episode's discussion, Itsuki wasn't "lacking of determination". His choice on not dating Nayuta might sound stupid, but here, I guess we all could understand what his character is all about.

I really love how well the anime is taking its central themes. I might also read the Light Novel later, and will become incredibly delighted if there is a second season coming up. I'm pretty sure if there weren't any of its "little sister" elements, and if it stayed away from any of its fanservices, the average rating will be around 8.5. But I think it's good the way it is, and anyway having a not-so-high rating means that those pleb will stay away from this gem lol.

That game about being a writer sounds very realistic lmao, I'd want to play it.
addictedtolivingJul 18, 2020 4:50 PM
Aug 10, 2020 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
anikevin said:
I dropped this 3 minutes into the first episode, should I give it another chance?

yeah it's not really indicative of the rest of the show.

This was pretty good, Im interested in reading the LN to see how things actually work out now.
Aug 21, 2020 10:11 AM
Jul 2019
The transition to the opening was really cool, first time I've seen something like that. I know why Miyako lost happiness points in the live-action adaptation hehehe.

The main reason I watched this was because I saw Itsuki getting brother-zoned in a video on YouTube. I checked the page and the score was fairly low. I had low expectations for this show but I didn't expect this to be so entertaining. I really enjoyed my time with it. Good comedy and some heavy elements to even it out with some good characters as well. And since I'm a heavy light novel reader, I'll read the LN after I finish Mahouka (currently in volume 18).

Really good show. 8/10.
Sep 5, 2020 8:30 PM
Feb 2020
Hackser_ said:

I cried a bit in a part where Miyako started to learn to become an editor

I'm so happy she found something, a dream to chase. She's the only reason I'd want a second season. I wouldn't demand it. I hope the Light Novels have advanced into chapters beyond this point.

I also like the characters. I lived life steeped in numbers, equations, and facts. From what little I know of those pursuing creative endeavors, this seems realistic for novelist friends to act. They may be too pervy for many but that's just how a novelist would live; making their life into the most interesting story in the moment.

The board games (TRPGS and Lateral Thinking Puzzles) were great ways to test a novelist's creativity. Although maybe Turtle Soup and Cat and Chocolate may have not been the easiest to depict in an anime.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

231 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 11:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.