Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2010 7:36 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I finished the anime in 2008, and I wasn't very happy with all the fillers, so I decided to read the Manga and it was worth it; For me the best part was Sanosuke's little arc.
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen does justice it was a very good adaptation a little darker than the manga. Now I can see why people hate Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen

7-8/10
TuzoAnimeMar 26, 2010 11:58 PM
Apr 20, 2010 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
a baby Kenshin! *-*
Dec 31, 2010 3:59 PM

May 2010
I like to see more of Hiko Seijuro to be honest
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 8, 2011 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
Masterpiece. And the end is just as it should be.
What I liked most is that Sanosuke left Japan and is wandering around the world. All as it should be. It's such a great feeling.
Jul 6, 2011 8:32 PM

Jun 2009
I had my share of complaints by the end of this series, but at the end of the day I'm sad to see Kenshin, Kaoru, and everyone else go. The epilogue was very satisfying, it's good to see Kenshin having a peaceful life for a change.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 30, 2011 7:36 AM
Sep 2007
Great manga, one of the best I read.

I would have liked if Kenshin and rest also meet Sanosuke's father and siblings, as well as Sanosuke ending up with Megumi, though.

I hope whole manga gets proper adaptation one day - great story is already written, now all that is needed is animation with current standards.

10/10
Nov 20, 2011 6:29 AM

Jul 2011
They know Ota, don't they? At RKwiki it says he did went to train in Kaoru's dojo, but I'm not sure if his name is on the boards on the wall of the dojo on chapter 255.

This chapter 255 ended the series perfectly [ even though there's still some chapters later ]. I think that Kenshin handing over the Sabakatou to Yahiko, giving up of something that was with him for such a long time, and still being happy can be compared to us, "losing" such an amazing story but being happy for having read it, for having supported and learned with it.

Rurouni Kenshin has always been and always will be my favorite manga.
A fascinating history, mixed with historical interesting facts about the Japan, amazing fights, where even the most strange technics had such simple explanations that they seemed almost possible, amazing characters, amazing development, etc, etc.
Whenever people ask me for a manga recomendation, the first thing I ask is if they have already read RK, because I think it is a "must read'.

I also hope for an adaptation worthy the name Rurouni Kenshin, with no fillers, as there's no need for them, and with the Jinchuu arc. I've always wanted it, and with the release of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I just kept thinking "If they reanimated FMA, why not do it with RK?". Let's hope they do it someday.
Dec 18, 2011 7:01 AM
Feb 2011
Ishkur said:
I also hope for an adaptation worthy the name Rurouni Kenshin, with no fillers, as there's no need for them, and with the Jinchuu arc. I've always wanted it, and with the release of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I just kept thinking "If they reanimated FMA, why not do it with RK?". Let's hope they do it someday.
THIS. Why can't there be a Jinchuu arc animation. The recent Kyoto arc OVA is hardly needed at all.
Feb 6, 2012 12:27 PM

Mar 2010
Ah it was really cool how Yahiko got kenshin's sword, their child really looks like him. There was so much potential in this manga a continuation is really possible especially for yahiko. Such a short chapter for the last chapter since they are usually longer but I like it..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 28, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
Oh boy, do i love this series, Ruro-Ken was the first manga i read entirely. I enjoyed it all to the very end. Kenji is soooo adorable. :) Although, im more of a yuri-feind, this is one of the few non-yuris that i really loved. Its actually my fav. non-yuri of all time. Its got what all great mangas should have: a great storyline, great characters, beautiful art, suspese, action, romance, (a little bloodshed :) ) The list goes on and on.
Sep 13, 2012 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
It feels really great to finally read the last page of RK

One of the best manga ever written
Manga Sorted By Theme                         Anime Sorted By Theme
Nov 11, 2012 1:56 PM

May 2011
The silent journey I took through reading Rurouni Kenshin...

There was so much I wanted to say, so many moments and characters I wanted to bring up. But now I can't form speech or gather all my thoughts together.

A legendary manga that has survived the passage of time, I can now see why. I will take the life lessons they all taught me and apply them. Thank you Rurouni Kenshin.
Kayaba-Dec 5, 2014 8:19 PM
Nov 23, 2012 6:36 AM

Feb 2011
Definitely one of the best endings to any anime/manga. It wraps everything up really nicely, and every main character got their stories fully told.

Plus, who doesn't love the last page of this oh so amazing shounen?
I'm a douche. Deal with it.
Apr 15, 2013 7:00 PM

Oct 2010
Favourite storyline?No.
Favourite characters ?No.
Favourite art ?No.

Why i gave a 9 out of 10 then?Even if the Manga will not be in my favourites or the ones i will spend many hours talk about, it is a perfect example of how all manga must be!Solid story,strong characters and great ending!We learn everything about the characters and i didn't have questions when i finish reading.I have to say that this one of the few Manga that they manage to succeed it.This Manga will always have my respect!

Now i can understand why i never hear any complaint for Rurooni Kenshin even if people maybe don't favour it!

Again one big respect for one of the few fully completed stories!
This world...is rotten
Dec 5, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2013
A satisfying ending.
Even though I have my gripes with the manga (like how some characters weren't portrayed very well, the moves were pretty unrealistic), I give this an 8.
My first samurai manga, and one I'll remember for some time to come.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 22, 2015 10:13 AM

Feb 2012
I think one of the best things in Ruroken is that the manga is remarkably not pretentious and plays into some of the biggest strenghts a shonen manga. Arguably that also brings some problems the genre has with it, but I just can't bring myself to hate it.

I think I might switch out Shigurui from my favorites to this, though both play into some very different style of storytelling. Shigurui made me fap, but Ruroken put a smile on my face.
Apr 15, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I wish the last chapter was a bit longer. Good to know that Kenshin has a family (the kid does indeed look a bit like him) and he also retains that trademark scar. And it's interesting he gave away his sword to really move on in his life.

7/10 overall. Not sure who my favorite characters are but it was entertaining in terms of storytelling.
Jul 2, 2015 10:29 AM

Sep 2007
Of course, I rate it 10/10.

The ending chapter is so perfect, what with Kenshin testing Yahiko's maturity and passing the sakabatou onto him, even though Yahiko lost their fight. To me, it echoes when Hiko passed the Mitsurugi secrets down to Kenshin even though Kenshin couldn't hit Hiko with his Kuzuryusen.

And of course little Kenji is extremely adorable. To be able to climb up onto the roof of a building at two or three years old hints at what a genius this child will be as he grows into himself.
Jul 13, 2015 7:27 PM

Jun 2014
Finally finished, not as good as I expected tbh.
Way too cheesy, I thought the story is more mature compared to other long shounen.
The fights were repetitive and lacked of hype since most of the villain were stereotype fodder.

6/10
Apr 30, 2016 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
Well, finished now........ idk how to feel, I guess it was a good ending but it was also extremely I unsatisfying in some parts. I wanted Sanosuke x Megumi to happen. Soujiro (my fav after Kenshin) was never relevant again after Kyoto arc. Most of my problems weren't with the story itself but in the end it affected my enjoyment, so 9/10 for the manga. Ahhhh, even though I had my gripes about the ending, it was such a great series, I will miss it (although I only started it this year).
May 17, 2016 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
8.5/10

RK as it is is a nice story with good characters and a nice happy ending. The first two arcs were done very well but the execution of the Jinchuu arc in the manga isn't all that great. The OVA's do a much better job of showing the darker side of RK which in turn adds to the characterization of Kenshin himself. Too many people were involved in what was supposed to be a personal struggle between Kenshin and Enishi, both friend and foe. Sanosuke exploring the world is a great way for him to go, but I think he should have done that after the conclusion of the Kyoto arc; just a way to involve less people in the Jinchuu arc. Interesting plot no doubt, but I think a reboot of the series shouldn't be a mirror image of the manga, at least not for the final arc. Follow the same general path, just not an exact copy. Just my $.02.

I too felt very unsatisfied about some parts in RK like the poster above, namely the romance between Kenshin and Koaru. It needs to be expanded on quite a bit.
Jun 22, 2016 8:32 PM
Jun 2016
Jujika said:
Ishkur said:
THIS. Why can't there be a Jinchuu arc animation. The recent Kyoto arc OVA is hardly needed at all.

I am still hoping for the Jinchuu arc animation. Why can't someone take it up and do it? SO many fans are waiting for it. And please more scenes with Kaoru too!
Aug 9, 2017 5:46 PM

Apr 2014
Finished the anime a long time ago...now I finally finish this master piece.
Compare it to the anime, it differs very much and it makes me hate the anime so much even tho I kind of like it.
It great ending for a great work.
Overall, 10/10
Apr 17, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2012
Great chapter! A flawed Shounen but I'll definitely miss it. :)
Jul 21, 2019 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
i love that he retains that cross scar on his face. it's the way it is, much more realistic than vanishing it
Jan 11, 2020 5:44 PM

Jan 2018
Real good manga and definitely enjoyed reading it, would put it between 7-8/10
May 26, 2021 6:46 PM

Dec 2019
And here i am at the final chapter.
Solid shounen, 8/10
Jun 16, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2021
Wow Kenshin and Kaoru had a kid, Kanji, and Yahiko became a adult with the tradition. Kenshin gave up his sword after 15 years, passing it down to Yahiko. And hopefully Kanji in the future. Solid Shounen, great ending, 9/10.
Apr 18, 2022 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
I went into this while trying to separate it from Watsuki, and honestly, not bad, but still feel like it's overrated a bit. Not sure if I'll ever bother with the sequel, not any time soon anyway. Maybe when it's finished.
May 1, 2023 12:38 AM

Jun 2021
Goodbye kenshin...goodbye rurouni kenshin....thanks for all those great moments, those cool and legendary figths, those endearing characters, those amazing stories...then...sayonara mina! now let's moving on!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Feb 10, 10:55 PM

Mar 2019
The last chapter was a very satisfying ending in my opinion.

Rurouni Kenshin was one of the first anime that I watched, and has always been one of my favorites. I know it's just a shonen, but there's lots of lessons in it that I think about sometimes, and overall I think that they have made a positive impact on my life.

More topics from this board

» unpopular opinion/hot take that you may not like )SPOILERS INSIDE

Videogamecoper - Apr 3

2 by midas_0 »»
Apr 3, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin Chapter 8 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 29, 2012

4 by wildhood »»
Nov 14, 2023 7:05 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin Chapter 67 Discussion

Rasco - Feb 1, 2012

2 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 8, 2023 7:15 AM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan Chapter 259 Discussion

LuiSenpai - Apr 2, 2016

10 by DebiPS »»
Sep 21, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin Chapter 7 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 29, 2012

5 by OokamiDMB »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.