Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2017 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this ain't not ordinary "Christmas Party".

Not bad, I liked the production quality of this as I had originally low expectations but this seems to work well. Giant snowman, cookie man monsters, etc. Basically, an anime that brings in Christmas gimmicks to life.

Not sure how I feel about that Liberty girl. She is powerful but has a bit of a childish personality. She does seem to have good intentions though, especially after understanding more about her past.
Dec 1, 2017 12:10 PM

Apr 2016
I felt like they tried to fit too much in just 40 minutes, but overwall wasn't bad. Well done for CG, but overall not an anime that I'll remember much.
Dec 1, 2017 12:51 PM

Sep 2014
So over the top yet it was amusing.
Animation was a little stiff at times but overall not bad.
Liberty's voice though is annoying.
The Emma character is a touch cringy.
Overall it was enjoyable.
Dec 1, 2017 5:58 PM
Jul 2015
The CGI was actually pretty good! The story overall....meh.

But it's hilarious to see how the Japanese portray Americans, especially with the cops. The stereotypes were too real haha.
Dec 5, 2017 5:53 AM

Feb 2008
Thick with the CG but thin with the substance. Somehow I think they could've made a better mix with what they had on hand. This had relatively enjoyable action sequences. But the story was somewhat cookie cutter variety made up of elements seen over and over again. Overall not great but not bad on the eyes.
Dec 8, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Decent ONA, I liked the background, but not the CGI characters and I think FB with Akari was 2D again. Was fun I guess.
Dec 16, 2017 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
Being the Christmas context, now is the best time to see it. The narrative presents us with nice characters and sometimes even manage to get some laughter, the action is not bad and the CG is not poor quality. The animations are discrete and the same can be said of the backgrounds. After all, it was not a waste of time to see this ONA.

7/10
Dec 29, 2017 7:47 PM

Oct 2012
The animation is actually pretty good. I loved seeing the beautiful backgrounds of my city but I must say, there's no way the airport would look that cheerful. It was OK. Seemed a bit childish; something I would have liked when I was 12. You also really need to suspend belief for awhile as nothing's really explained (i.e. the magic, etc.). That's OK for something like this.
Jan 13, 2018 8:59 AM

Dec 2012
It was too rushed, especially the end with her father, as if her father was the only one in New York who says that...
I didn't like Emma, she was pointless and didn't bring anything to the story,

The CGI and the animation of the fights were good and I loved the giant snowman and the other monsters.
Feb 11, 2018 1:27 AM

Dec 2012
A girl is falling.
A talking bear?
Akari is 25.
Victoria is fine.
Emma Wattstone. Really? lol
lol at Emma saying what I was thinking.
A girl is flying in the sky.
Dat body in that tub. Show the nipples!
The bear is gone.
A snowman.
Someone saved Akari.
Dat big attack.
The girl is the bear? Kuma Shock!
LMAO at the dude on the news almost saying monster strike.
What is that huge thing?
Apple and Liberty are working together.
lol at Empire.
Akari commiting suicide?
Oh, she can fly.
Dat shot.
She's falling.
Apple saved her.
Dem shots.
Yes, because Akari's dad is the only cop that would say he'd protect the city.
Apple disappeared.
lol at Satan and Ibaraki in the end credits.
OMG! My waifu Luci is in the end credits! AAAAAAAAH!

It was good. Nice ED song by my waifu Luci. Akari reminded me of a P5 character and PP character during this.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 8, 2018 7:15 AM
Aug 2016
This was a nice watch overall, I really liked that monster's design , reminded me a bit of Boros from Opm.
Dec 1, 2018 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
this was a nice short OVA about christmas and new york city, i really like the 3DCG here very good action too
Dec 25, 2018 11:03 PM

Jan 2011
I liked it. I felt a bit eh about how they introduced the new threat halfway in, but overall it was a nice Christmas romp.
Feb 4, 2019 1:35 PM
Jun 2016
I thought this was very well done for an ONA Christmas special. Apple is adorable and Liberty is just pretty much a sad lonely child at heart. The only thing that threw me off is the auto-translation of subtitles on XFlag's YouTube. Good Gods they are wretched but thats hardly the anime's fault. I am just glad I know enough Japanese to know they were way off LMAO
Feb 20, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2013
Stupid sexy Emma!
Apr 9, 2020 2:20 AM

Oct 2007
did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Liberty was not a bad person after all, she's just playing jokes trying to liven up the Christmas season.

Glad no one died fighting that monster from the coffin. I guess it was a demon of some sort.

My question is why was Apple able to talk as a bear. The magic for human form only lasted a short time. So why was Apple able to talk for years, where exactly did the magic that make her able to talk come from?

More topics from this board

» At first here I thought people would rate this low because of 3DCG.

mufarari - Jan 29, 2022

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 29, 2022 12:16 AM

» Monster Strike spin off?

rikuhod - Nov 30, 2017

5 by Rob »»
Feb 11, 2018 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.