Forum Settings
Forums

What anime did you thought was amazing but most people that you know criticize it?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 9, 2017 3:19 PM

Apr 2011
PoeticJustice said:
Elesh said:
Definitely School Days. I wouldn't say it's anything close to a masterpiece but still a great, underappreciated show and probably the best harem rom com ever made.

I wouldn't say school days is a rom com since there is frighteningly little humor in the actual show. It is quite dark actually.
Yeah true, definitely a harem though and only feels lighthearted in the beginning. And for being in a typical school setting it stands out immensely
Nov 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Nov 2016
İm scared to write sao but yea it is imo

Not great but i dont think it deserves all the criticize it gets
Nov 9, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 2015
Scarlett_ryuken said:
Kuma said:
world trigger! other than visual and pace, it was damn good...

you gave it 7 tho brah... =/, but its k, i also like it =3=

the filler up from episode 50 was kinda big let down...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 9, 2017 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe not "amazing", but I think Fate/stay night 2006 is quite good. I can understand the hate, but I still disagree.

Gabriel DropOut, on the other hand, is an easy 9/10. Hilarious show. Got trashed so hard while it was airing...

I also think that Wicked City is a classic. Basically a must-watch for anyone who is even remotely interested in older anime.
Nov 9, 2017 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
Xam’d
I know it’s faults and everyone is willing to tell me them, but I love it.
Nov 9, 2017 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
Neon Genesis Evangelion is still criticized, but it's the best
and i like Code Geass
Nov 9, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2013
Fairy Tail.

I wouldn't say it was amazing but it was a really fun show and I enjoyed watching it. I think the problem is that many people compare it to other shounen and take it way too seriously. Fairy Tail is a much more lighthearted shounen anime compared to other shounens and it's more focused on friendship so you shouldn't be expecting people to be dying all the time. Although I will admit that it was annoying how Natsu seemed to one shot everything, I would have preferred if other characters had more spotlight and saved the day instead of Natsu all the time.

Nov 9, 2017 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
Kuma said:
I've been planning to watch that, I heard that it stops following the manga after awhile. So does it end with a satisfying conclusion?
Nov 9, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Dragonball Super, it gets a lot of hate but its really entertaining for me and brings me back to simpler times when I would get home from school just to watch DBZ on Toonami.
Nov 9, 2017 7:55 PM
May 2017
Firemimi said:
It has to be Fairy Tail for me. It is not amazing, but it is still one of my favorites. The series really helped me during a bad time in my life. I was a bit disappointed by the ending though.
Just a bit disappointed? Really?

Mashima dropped the ball harder than the bombs that blew up Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The final 10 chapters were so bad that I was laughing hysterically the entire time.
Nov 9, 2017 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
alfondx12 said:
Fairy Tail.

I wouldn't say it was amazing but it was a really fun show and I enjoyed watching it. I think the problem is that many people compare it to other shounen and take it way too seriously. Fairy Tail is a much more lighthearted shounen anime compared to other shounens and it's more focused on friendship so you shouldn't be expecting people to be dying all the time. Although I will admit that it was annoying how Natsu seemed to one shot everything, I would have preferred if other characters had more spotlight and saved the day instead of Natsu all the time.

wtf lucy carried that anime. i wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't for her and her glorious pep talks
Nov 9, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
jarring said:
alfondx12 said:
Fairy Tail.

wtf lucy carried that anime. i wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't for her and her glorious pep talks

Lucy was definitely my favorite character in Fairy Tail. Unfortunately the anime/manga focused too much on Natsu which I felt was a waste because Natsu is the same character since day 1. At least Lucy got some character development and became a badass once she mastered the use of the celestial spirits.

Nov 9, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
alfondx12 said:
jarring said:

Lucy was definitely my favorite character in Fairy Tail. Unfortunately the anime/manga focused too much on Natsu which I felt was a waste because Natsu is the same character since day 1. At least Lucy got some character development and became a badass once she mastered the use of the celestial spirits.

well he was meant for it. no way in hell am i watching fairy tail for character development.
i watch it specifically for the fan service
it feels like a homage to slayers(all time favorite anime)
Nov 9, 2017 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
and the voice actor for happy is godtier as well.

god i love that adorable little voice so much.
english dub ofc
i wouldn't be able to watch FT subbed. the fan service would not have the same effect.
idk why sub elite exist anymore. people don't like understanding things on cue when they are meant to be understood i guess.
Nov 9, 2017 8:16 PM

Nov 2017
I don't think it was 'amazing', but honestly I like Watamote and most of my friends bash it to death because of 'cringe' apparently. Too bad for them.
Nov 9, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2016
Red_Ryu12345 said:
Probably just Pokemon, I think the anime while being mostly filler has some really hard earned moments and cool battles.

It's just that people forget that they have to take their adult goggles off to watch it. I don't get the type of comments "its entertaining...what else?"....why there has to be a "what else" in a show 100% aimed to kids under 12? It's sole goal was to entertain that demo and as far as I'm concerned, it delivered and that's all that matters (at least the original one, which is the only one I ever saw, dunno about the rest).
Nov 9, 2017 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
Lumsi said:
I don't think it was 'amazing', but honestly I like Watamote and most of my friends bash it to death because of 'cringe' apparently. Too bad for them.

i feel the same way about dubs.
it's so annoying that a good majority of friends who watch anime always watch subs by default.
wwhhhhyyyyyy
i was there when they were bad and people didn't watch anime for the fucking voice actors. but there's always that one guy that everyone else has to follow.
Nov 9, 2017 9:08 PM
Feb 2016
It has to be monogatari series for me . All my friends at college says it's bad cuz it has ecchi harem stuff even tho they haven't watched a single episode of the series and has only watched erotic gifs of the series.
Nov 9, 2017 9:40 PM

Aug 2015
Sword art online comes to my mind as most of the people i know does not really liked it.
Nov 9, 2017 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Jenit_Ransinh said:
It has to be monogatari series for me . All my friends at college says it's bad cuz it has ecchi harem stuff even tho they haven't watched a single episode of the series and has only watched erotic gifs of the series.

people who have a problem with ecchi/harem are prudes. i swear, give the man a break.
Nov 10, 2017 12:47 AM

Jul 2017
For me it would be my first anime sword art online.
Nov 10, 2017 1:09 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really liked School Days, but I have some other things.

Peeping Life is so interesting to me. It's one of my secret favorites. It has a 5.53 rating on MAL. I mean, I get it; it's not for everyone, but if it is for you then it's really cool. I love improv like that!

Heroman... could have been a lot better, but it's also really enjoyable to watch. It has a 6.91 rating on MAL. If they fixed a few things and added a little here and there, it would be really great! Actually, I've found Japan-U.S. collabs to be pretty fun, but they often fall flat somewhere along the line. See Juusen Battle Monsuno/Monsuno.

Apartment was so cool to me! Like, I even kinda got inspired by it. It's amazing to just sit there and think of the very small things in our lives that all come together to form one big picture. There are other shorts which have done the same type of thing ( like the TV Show short/MV), but I also felt that Apartment's mundane repetition and relative silence was really fitting. It's rated 5.56 on MAL.

Shitcom I half trolling like and half actually like. Despite the grossness of
I thought it was really sweet and showed a really pure and true love-- like, for real. It says something about accepting your love for their faults and maybe even meeting them halfway. Shitcom is actually really beautiful (why am I crying as I type this??) and I think sometimes many in the romance genre miss even the simple yet important parts of love which somehow this claymation anime about
managed to catch. That's kinda sad, but at the same time, I can only applaud Shitcom for doing so even if not intended. Anyway, that's rated 2.89 on MAL.

Cipher became like...?? At first I couldn't help but guffaw at it. The second time I laughed a little. Third time, I had read a little of the manga; things started to make sense. Fourth time, it was like, "Holy moly, they actually put a lot of passion into this. Like... a lot. And part of the reason it's laughable to us is because they went such a large length to try to achieve their vision. I can't help but find that amazing. The anime didn't go as smoothly as they probably thought, but now I really appreciate the effort like... wow. And once you understand what they were trying to do and read a little of the manga, it really all comes together. I really haven't seen any other anime like Cipher; no one had the balls or creativity to try a different format of storytelling. Sure, someone might have tried something similar by now, but not like Cipher. And really, all Cipher needed to reach the audience better was have better voice direction (and voice actors-- sorry), have an opener that pretty much stated it was kinda meant to be like an MTV special (because that was not clear until you watch the ending/making of where it's explained), and then maybe explaining a little more about what's supposed to be conveyed. On the last point, if you haven't read the manga, you have no idea what's going on, who's who, and why's what. They actually had almost all of it in the anime and easily explained it, but they didn't, maybe assuming anyone watching were also readers? Still, Cipher did some ambitiously creative things that even I'm finding inspiration from. Every time I watch it, I become amazed all over again. Anyway, Cipher is rated 5.09 on MAL.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 10, 2017 2:59 AM

Mar 2015
Major123 said:
Kuma said:
I've been planning to watch that, I heard that it stops following the manga after awhile. So does it end with a satisfying conclusion?

nah, author got serious illnes and they had to stop manga and anime... it's open ending for anime... manga is on unlimited hiatusses...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 10, 2017 3:05 AM
Jan 2017
Humm one piece,akame Ga kill,gantz,Naruto, code geass etc
Nov 10, 2017 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
Kuma said:
Major123 said:

nah, author got serious illnes and they had to stop manga and anime... it's open ending for anime... manga is on unlimited hiatusses...
Hmm that's a bit of a shame, well I still might give it a look.
Nov 10, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
Major123 said:
Kuma said:

Hmm that's a bit of a shame, well I still might give it a look.

i think waiting mangaka back from hiatusses before chose to watch it or not is the best...
Nov 10, 2017 1:37 PM
Dec 2013
Akame ga Kill, Busou Shoujo Machiavellanism, Eromanga Sensei, Naruto, Bleach.
wildhoodNov 10, 2017 1:42 PM
Nov 10, 2017 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
SupremeEdgelord said:
One Piece is considered a flawless masterpiece of the shounen genre in the italian community but as soon as i expanded my horizons with international communities i found another shocking reality that opened my eyes quite brutally.

May I know the story? I'm kinda curious.
Nov 10, 2017 2:10 PM
Feb 2017
Himouto! Umaru-chan. They call it cancer, I can't see why...
Nov 10, 2017 4:24 PM

Jun 2014
Probably Kaze no Stigma. I haven't heard horrible reviews for it, and most seem average or mixed, but I really enjoyed it and loved almost everything about it.
Nov 10, 2017 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
Hakuoki is an otome game adaptation so most people think it's shit anyway. I like it though.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Nov 11, 2017 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. Gets the "it's the end of the world" type of criticism which it isn't as tragical as they make it to be.
Nov 11, 2017 8:44 PM

Mar 2010
Code Geass. I swear people just want to be edge lords and hate anything that is so called mainstream. Just like I thought SAO was a 7/10 but people love to follow the hate bandwagon on that one too.
Nov 11, 2017 9:48 PM

Apr 2015
Most of my favorite anime. But I deem their reviews irrelevant if I don't found certain word on their negative review. For instance, if I found a negative review of SukaSuka and I found 0 results when ctrl+f "hero", that review sucks. Or if I found less than 2 words when I ctrl+f "wish" on Madoka review. Et cetera
Nov 11, 2017 10:07 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Sword Art Online. For me, the anime was decent.
Nov 11, 2017 10:17 PM

Nov 2016
Mayoiga

i know the most review is bad, and rating too
but its great, with plot twist and the OP and ED song is great too
IMO

Nov 11, 2017 10:27 PM

Apr 2017
Familiar of Zero.. (LN Included)

Katte ni Kaizou

MariaHolic (Just The first season)

Amanchu (They prefer Neo THOTS from Venice)

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 11, 2017 11:24 PM

Nov 2017
Shuumatsu no Izetta. I'ts one of the few shows I've managed to marathon in one sitting and I really enjoyed my time with it, but I seem to in the minority there.
Nov 12, 2017 12:53 AM

Nov 2017
uff...there are a lot..

oh my goddess, kamikaze kaito jeanne, tokyo ghoul, detective conan, one piece, shin chan, zero no tsukaima, k-on, kenshin, cross ange, etc ^^"
Nov 12, 2017 2:56 AM

Mar 2017
Would have to be Fairy Tail. It was my first anime and I honestly love it but I understand why people dislike it.
Nov 13, 2017 8:40 AM

Mar 2012
About 80% of the anime I like aren't too well received or I just hear people complaining about them most of the time. If that wasn't bad enough 99.9% of the time my favorite character end up being hated by the fandom.
Nov 13, 2017 1:50 PM

May 2017
I actually quite enjoyed Aldnoah.Zero, the only thing I didnt like was Inaho.
Nov 13, 2017 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
Gungrave. People exaggerate on its flaws and gloss over its virtues. Big. Time.
"Who wouldn't want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree! Badaboom!"
Nov 13, 2017 5:18 PM

Jul 2013
Erased. I agree that the choice for culprit isn't the best out here though.

Also Evangelion 3rd movie. I actually really like it, the scene, tragicness, everything. Although yea, Shinji deserves better achievement after the things that happened in 2nd movie.
toumei_Nov 14, 2017 5:23 AM
Nov 13, 2017 5:54 PM

Jun 2015
Often times I'll watch an anime, finish it, think it's good and a few months later I'll see mindless hate for it.

For example the recent Eromanga-sensei. The whole "trash" meme and "ew incest" spread so far that people are hating on that show without giving it any tries whatsoever. It was actually a really fun and charming show.

Ignorance can be a huge factor in building a reputation of media. And it's not just in the anime community either. Take for example the recent h3h3 N-word controversy. THOUSANDS of people sided against Ethan without watching either of the two streams or even knowing what the controversy was about. That whole drama was so idiotic and unnecessary it was painful to watch.

Ignorance is a scary thing.
Nov 13, 2017 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
Probably K-On! here. It's surprisingly polarising. Some of my friends are fans, but many of them fervently hate it. It's odd because I'm not normally into moe, but K-On! clicked for me. It basically spawned that sub-genre, so I don't know why I seem to be in the minority for liking it :P
Nov 13, 2017 6:05 PM

Oct 2015
Brynhildr in the Darkness, which I own on BluRay is generally perceived quite poorly. While I admit it is a poor adaption of its source material, it is still a good anime in its own right to me.
Nov 13, 2017 6:08 PM

Aug 2016
Two I can think of are Amanchu! and Highschool of the Dead, I thought Amanchu was great but everybody I ever talked to about it says the character designs are stupid (A.K.A. the uniforms..) and that the show itself was boring, I guess I can see where they're coming from but still thought I was a really good show =p
For Highschool of the Dead I never talked to anybody who said anything positive about this show, now I watched it after it became less popular/talked about but I thought the ecchi was alright and the characters themselves were decent. And boob physics.

Took me a while to think of something thats not just an anime that nobody I know ever watched or even heard of.. Da feelz
Nov 13, 2017 6:15 PM
Apr 2016
ShadowMonkey said:
Often times I'll watch an anime, finish it, think it's good and a few months later I'll see mindless hate for it.

For example the recent Eromanga-sensei. The whole "trash" meme and "ew incest" spread so far that people are hating on that show without giving it any tries whatsoever. It was actually a really fun and charming show.

Ignorance can be a huge factor in building a reputation of media. And it's not just in the anime community either. Take for example the recent h3h3 N-word controversy. THOUSANDS of people sided against Ethan without watching either of the two streams or even knowing what the controversy was about. That whole drama was so idiotic and unnecessary it was painful to watch.

Ignorance is a scary thing.
yep I know what you mean by that.i really hate that
Nov 13, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
I guess Kuzu no Honkai. A lot of people criticize it for being a trashy clusterfuck of a romance, in which I agree with them on that, but I still found it to be an entertaining and great anime to watch.

forum set by: bunnyama
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Ratris_Decision »»
34 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

53 by maya2003s »»
1 minute ago

» What if all characters, not just main, had infinite mana?

Catalano - 48 minutes ago

1 by romagia »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

88 by Atmogenic »»
4 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

8 by Avicebrons »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.