Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2017 10:02 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It’s the Homeless arc that’s being adapted next. I guess BNP is adapting the comedy arcs in a random order, as supposed to them adapting the chapters in their release order.

Lol, it’s been years since Ikumatsu was in a Gintama episode. Also, any episode with Katsura almost always tends to be fun. LMAO at Gintoki poking in on Katsura and Ikumatsu’s relationship. All those censor beeps Katsura said, lol. I remember the Owee arc mentioning something about Katsura having a thing for widows. The way Katsura talks about how Ikumatsu only likes her husband kinda proves that Katsura likes her.

LMAO at Katsura acting homeless. Love how both Gin and Zura have “kuzu” in their name. Lol at Madao being a god for the homeless people, or so I thought. It seems like the old man that came to Ikumatsu’s ramen store before was her dad.

The rest of this arc is more serious that the first half. It seems like the old man is still alive and Gin and Zura needs to find him before the brother gets to him. Lol at Gin and Zura influencing that “homeless god”. I love how Madao made fun of the fact that he looks like Shinji's dad from NGE (and the best part is that they both have the same seiyuu). The homeless god looks a lot more badass without those glasses. Whoa, the episode ended super abruptly. Tbh, some of the directing felt a bit messy at times in this episode, particularly some of the scene transitions. But it's still my favorite episode from the season so far.

1 and a half chapters adapted and the next episode will probably do the same too.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerOct 15, 2017 12:53 PM
Oct 15, 2017 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
The boyfriend arc wasn't bad but this one is on another level xD whenever Zura appears you already know you are going to start laughing from start to end of the episode. This time around we even got to know his sexual fetishes

Oct 15, 2017 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
A few funny moments in this episode, but allot of it was just setup. The boyfriend arc didn't really impress me, hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.
Oct 15, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
Glorious episode, that was hilarious.

Katsura!! You almost always know any episode with him is gonna be loads of fun.

Gintoki teasing Katsura's relationship with Ikumatsu was funny but Katsura revealing he was into NTR was epic, I was laughing so hard. XDD

So Ikumatsu is the heir to the textile company? Wow.

I almost knew that Madao was gonna be the God of the homeless people, yet I couldn't control my laughter when he showed up. XD
Turns out he was at rock bottom in the homeless community as well. XD
Cardboard armed gang is actually a thing. xD

I spied an Evangelion reference in there. :3
Can't wait for more.
Oct 15, 2017 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Never read the manga, but I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the "Lawd" is Ikumatsu's father. Almost too obvious at this point. Nice episode so far, and I was actually a fan of the previous "boyfriend" arc.
Oct 15, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
Overal another good episode, the arc looks nice & it is nice to see katsura.
-
I knew katsura was into NTR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 15, 2017 12:21 PM

May 2014
Oh, finally, a Katsura ep! And a Madao ep, too! lol
Oct 15, 2017 12:32 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Also lol, hopefully one of them gave up or else things wouldn't look too good.

Oct 15, 2017 12:34 PM
Apr 2016
Oh man, it has been forever since we've seen Ikumatsu. I am happy to see her back. I really love her character And she makes me emotional before we even reach the OP. This is going to be feelsy episode/arc, isn't it?

Hungry Yorozuya family fighting for Ramen was great. Are they really hungry or is Ikumatsu's ramen just that good.

Katsura insulting Ikumatsu's ramen. Not a great idea Zura. Never insult a masters art. Thankfully, Shinpachi is there to calm things down (which is quickly becoming a trend this season).

Gin mocking Zura about his relationship with Ikumatsu was hilarious. Those two are like 2 children, and I love that. And Zura, too much information. Please don't.

The episode felt super fast. I feel like it is building up to a dramatic ending, which is both exciting and scary.
The interpreter parts were hilarious. Especially at the end, when both Gin and Zura were whispering into the guys ear.

Madao is the Cardboard God. Oh wait he isn't. Although it was his stage name once, when he made a song about cardboard. I guess they even took the name from him. Poor guy.

Gintoki can't swim. It was both funny and sad to see him so panicked at the end. I guess he really did eat that wavy wavy devil fruilt.

I hope this arc ends on a happy note, especially for Ikumatsu. Great episode as always. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 15, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2015
Zura + Sunglasses + homeless sunglasses what is this combo?

Zura into NTR sorry but fujoshi love to throw you into Shinsengumi.
Into the Internet!
Oct 15, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
Any episode with Zura or Madao (or both in this case) is pretty much guaranteed to be hilarious, and this one proved that.

I like that we got to learn a little more about Ikumatsu's character, especially since she hasn't shown up in quite a while.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 15, 2017 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
Zura and Madao, the episode couldn't get any better, and +1 to Zura for being into NTR.
Oct 15, 2017 1:38 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah this is Gintama at its best alright
Oct 15, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2012
Ah we have Madao back i think we all guessed that he was involved with the homeless king,
Oct 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
Zura being into NTR, that was surprising xD This arc's about Ikumatsu's background, it looks interesting.

And the references to Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dragon Ball... xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 15, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
I always thought it was a let down that ikumatsu never became a recurring character in gintama, its cool she has her own arc at the end of the series but I still really wish they could of worked her into the show occasionally like they had done with other minor characters.

The episode itself was alot better than the past 2 that i found kind of weak. Just had way more going on and the humor felt less like it was trying to be overly wacky and rather stuck to enjoyable character interactions. Its also always nice when katsura is playing more the straight man than the weirdo.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 15, 2017 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
Lmaooo Katsura is into netorare xDD he doesn't care about nailing Ikumatsu-dono xDD

Kuzuta-san has the same eyes as the homeless guys so he's an instant bro to them ahahaha
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 15, 2017 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
Best arc setup in years. And it was actually funny. I missed this shit.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 15, 2017 3:05 PM

Feb 2013
I thought that kami-sama was Ikumatsu's father, I was wrong.
Lol, so many tsukkomi.
Oct 15, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2014
This was glorious.
I loved the Lawd pun- it's genius.

I'm so happy to get more Ikumatsu and it's even more obvious than last time that Katsura cares about her a lot such a cuck
I really love the little setup for the arc as well, as well as the details of Ikumatsu's past.

OML GINTOKI CAN'T SWIM XD

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2017 4:21 PM
Nov 2013
Really fast pacing here. It was actually hard to keep up with the dialogue and cuts sometimes. I think I actually prefer the manga version a little, gave more time for the jokes to set in and for the nuanced explanations to process. Still, I think the anime did a good job. 5/5 cause I love the arc so much
Oct 15, 2017 4:38 PM

Apr 2016
I honestly don't remember this Ikumatsu character at all, was she actually in this show before??
than again its been years since I first caught up to Gintama so I'm probably forgetting a lot LOL
Oct 15, 2017 5:47 PM

Jul 2016
OH MY GOD I MISSED KATSURA AND HIS CATCHPHRASE SO MUCH

Let’s hope Sorachi doesn’t add an actual romance between Katsura and Ikumatsu though (I hope he hasn’t done so in the manga anyway)
Oct 15, 2017 5:52 PM

Jul 2017
um, another boring episode
its beyond mediocre
0/10

Oct 15, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2015
SamBlack said:
I honestly don't remember this Ikumatsu character at all, was she actually in this show before??
than again its been years since I first caught up to Gintama so I'm probably forgetting a lot LOL
last time she appeared was in like the Episode 60's, and the step brother last appeared in Episode 39
Sup...
Oct 15, 2017 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
Gintoki really knows how to show Katsura's tsundere side. Poor Madao, I wish to see him with his wife by the end of Gintama living a good life.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Oct 15, 2017 7:16 PM

Apr 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
SamBlack said:
last time she appeared was in like the Episode 60's, and the step brother last appeared in Episode 39

ahh, my memory of early Gintama is very fuzzy lol...
Oct 15, 2017 7:23 PM

May 2015

Lol, Katsura hilarious as always. Such lewdness underneath that gentlemanly demeanor
Oct 15, 2017 8:53 PM

Dec 2014
well the bunch is sure considerate...lookingfor a missing person like that
Oct 15, 2017 9:20 PM

Nov 2011
I see, Katsura is a man of culture as well.

Oct 15, 2017 9:38 PM

Sep 2016
passed away 20 years ago? how old is ikumatsu if she is already married for year s 20 years ago? she is too hot for an old hag.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 15, 2017 10:06 PM

Feb 2013
GangsterCat said:
passed away 20 years ago? how old is ikumatsu if she is already married for year s 20 years ago? she is too hot for an old hag.

I think you misunderstood something there, cause thats definitely not the case.
Oct 15, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my favorite Gintama is back ! Really glad seeing Madao again !! Now, I miss Stupid Prince, lol
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 15, 2017 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
Funny Gintama is back
Oct 16, 2017 2:22 AM
Aug 2016
GangsterCat said:

How could you understand like this?
Oct 16, 2017 2:26 AM
Aug 2016
Grrat episode but it was better in manga imo. Somehow animation of this season is not natural. I am not sure that natural is the right word to descripe it. I don't really express exactly but...There is something strange about the art.
Oct 16, 2017 3:19 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Zura ja nai! Katsura da! It's been a long time. This was better than the previous 2 episode with Macao and Katsura in the show.
Oct 16, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2016
This is too much laughter in this episode!

*5/5 Great episode
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Oct 16, 2017 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
Finally Madao! Dude was pretty much absent for the last few seasons!

Pretty obvious who the father is though..
Oct 16, 2017 6:59 AM

Jan 2015
I kind of remembered 20th century boys kamisamas when that old man also known as a god of homeless people
Oct 16, 2017 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
GangsterCat said:
pretty sure shes as old as gintoki and katsura, late 20's to early 30's. Her husband dying wasnt supposed to be that long ago before the series if i recall her episode correctly.

Yorozuyaaa said:
Grrat episode but it was better in manga imo. Somehow animation of this season is not natural. I am not sure that natural is the right word to descripe it. I don't really express exactly but...There is something strange about the art.
the animation is alot more slapsticky and cartoony this time, its going for off model movement intentionally so it looks weird in contrast to how it looks. In terms of actual movement its way better looking than the past couple seasons.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 16, 2017 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
This was better than the previous arc in my opinion. Zura is so cute lol, especially when Gin-san teases his relationship with Ikumatsu. NTR tho

Its been a while since we last saw Madao so it was great seeing him again. I really thought he was the lawd at first. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 16, 2017 7:48 AM
May 2013
GangsterCat said:

The "dannasama" who supposedly passed away 20 years ago was in reference to Ikumatsu's father, not her husband.
Oct 16, 2017 9:36 AM

Mar 2015
adzshamz said:
its beyond mediocre
0/10

Why are you even watching this if you haven't watched the previous seasons?
Oct 16, 2017 9:56 AM
Nov 2013
BliuBliu said:
adzshamz said:
its beyond mediocre
0/10

Why are you even watching this if you haven't watched the previous seasons?

Wait they haven't seen the previous seasons and they are complaining after watching this!? HAHAHAHAHA

I swear, some people... start at the beginning if you want to like the damn show!!!
Oct 16, 2017 10:31 AM
Oct 2015
GangsterCat said:
her father died 20 years ago supposedly
Oct 16, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2017
yannivagenas said:
GangsterCat said:
her father died 20 years ago supposedly

yes but also they say that her father died when she was a little child, or so they thought. but her father was actually alive and visited her every year. so she is apparently even younger than gintoki and katsura.
Oct 16, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
JizzyHitler said:
GangsterCat said:
pretty sure shes as old as gintoki and katsura, late 20's to early 30's. Her husband dying wasnt supposed to be that long ago before the series if i recall her episode correctly.

Yorozuyaaa said:
the animation is alot more slapsticky and cartoony this time, its going for off model movement intentionally so it looks weird in contrast to how it looks. In terms of actual movement its way better looking than the past couple seasons.

i don't understand what you're saying about animation, can you explain more? it's been annoying me from the start of this season. and now i'm worried that the last arc's animation would also be like this :\
Oct 16, 2017 12:32 PM
Aug 2016
*Plays Katsura theme music in backgroud* I start laughing like an idiot 😂😂😂
Oct 16, 2017 2:05 PM

Feb 2008
Nothing less from an episode that featured Katsura as well as Hasegawa. The former stood out like a sore thumb in the infiltration mission, unlike the latter (who was remarkable in an unexpected manner). At least Katsura's incentives were noble. Or were they...?

As the quartet entered the sewers, hilarity ensued.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.