Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 13, 2017 11:45 PM

Nov 2014
this just keeps getting better and better, can't wait for chapter 3!!.
Oct 13, 2017 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
d'awww so cute!
I can't wait to see how it will unfold...which is the two of them already meet IRL by bumping/elbowing the girl!
I hope they find-out each other quickly because I wanna see the NEET girl have more character development! and of course more natural romance between the two! ahihi!
5/5.

Oct 14, 2017 12:30 AM
Jan 2013
radle said:
fishpun said:
i felt the same at first but i guess it's not unrealistic to think he's probably just roleplaying a little? we might get an explanation later on about why he puts on such a cutesy persona~
I certainly hope not 'cuz I find that creepy and sick. I use to have a real woman who would role-play as her cat character but it'll a woman-type. Also, speaking from experience of real woman when they play guy characters the ones I knew could not hide they were females behind the screen and tend to slip up eventually and when I would play female characters it would be obvious to anyone that a guy was behind the char as I don't role-play at all but chose that char for the eye candy and nothing more not even for the stats plus didn't help much that I would dress her up in revealing sexy armor.

My guess and I hope it is is just the seiyuu is doing too good of a job as Lily cuz man doki doki indeed she's too unreal to be a guy behind that char. I can't see it. This series is pretty unique in that it is dealing with adults entirely at least atm and I'm seeing what a female neet may act.

I definitely think it's just the combination of the character design and the seiyuu. Cause when you consider what's actually happening behind the keyboard, Sakurai is just typing kind and rather gender neutral things. "I'm sorry" in response to crying "Are you okay?" "I don't have someone to complain to" "I have to admit I was surprised to find out you're so young" Even with emoji thrown in as long as it's not excessive it's androgynous (everyone i know sends cute cat stickers equally at the v least) Even the scene where Lily pops out of the tree, since it's a cute girl avatar you think "cute girl surprising friend to act cutesy" but if it were a hot boy avatar you think "fun loving guy jump scaring friend to be funny"

Most of the expressions and gestures depicted in the mmo world is dramatized anyway and is not what they physically see on screen. Like when Hayashi is being asked his age, Moriko isn't actually sending nervous/uncomfortable emotes or emoji to make it look like she's hiding something.

I also think Sakurai just has a soft personality? Or at least it's not as macho as the other men around him. Even his coworker calls him "Sakura-chan" Super girly nickname. (btw i think this is why he calls his character Lily, both flowers)

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
This anime's representation of people interacting online is beyond inaccurate.

-The characters have 0 online personas
-They give personnel information
-They get along perfectly well.

What do you mean 0 online personas? Isn't their avatar (Hayashi, Lily, etc) at least one persona? These characters haven't even given that much personal info. "I have work" and "I'm a uni student" isn't really that personal of info when you can deduce that from what time they log on. No one even knows each others' genders or age or what job they have except for the 21 y.o.
Also in my experience personal info gets thrown around pretty quickly in mmorpgs. My friend was rather social and before I knew it was having skype video calls with other players, even met a couple irl (after thoroughly making sure it wasn't a catfish/dangerous of course). My friend that plays dota also made friends with dudes a state over and they'd visit each other.
Oct 14, 2017 1:35 AM

May 2014
This series is a mood booster to me, it's light, simple and most importantly watchable :)
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 14, 2017 2:00 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Ahhhhh I can't wait for them to go out and eat together IRL!!

Also love the AFK face hehe..
Oct 14, 2017 2:16 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty good episode, definitely funnier than the first episode.

Hayashi and Lily have a different dynamic in the game world and they finally meet in the real world but they don't know who the other actually is.
Oct 14, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2016
This episode had me laughing so hard. So many glorious moments. Haha. And now her fellow guild members thought she's still in her 20s. Hahaha!

Jeez. Whenever Moriko and Yuuta had moments together I'm squealing. Little did they know, they're close online. Huehuehue. I can't wait to see their reactions once they find that out. He fucking elbowed her accidentally that she had a "passing on" moment there somewhere. Hahaha.

I really loved the transitions in the game and the reality. It's so cute. Can't wait for the next episode. I love this show so far.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 14, 2017 3:18 AM

Feb 2017
Another great episode, they know the cliches well haha and really as a long time MMO player some of the more subtle things they show are bang on.

Though I am a little worried this does not have the romance tag... is there a reason for that? :(
Oct 14, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2014
Question:
Is the whole anime jumping back and forth between the MMO and the real world? Or is there a point in which the MMO gets put aside?
Oct 14, 2017 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
rymsu said:
radle said:
I certainly hope not 'cuz I find that creepy and sick. I use to have a real woman who would role-play as her cat character but it'll a woman-type. Also, speaking from experience of real woman when they play guy characters the ones I knew could not hide they were females behind the screen and tend to slip up eventually and when I would play female characters it would be obvious to anyone that a guy was behind the char as I don't role-play at all but chose that char for the eye candy and nothing more not even for the stats plus didn't help much that I would dress her up in revealing sexy armor.

My guess and I hope it is is just the seiyuu is doing too good of a job as Lily cuz man doki doki indeed she's too unreal to be a guy behind that char. I can't see it. This series is pretty unique in that it is dealing with adults entirely at least atm and I'm seeing what a female neet may act.

I definitely think it's just the combination of the character design and the seiyuu. Cause when you consider what's actually happening behind the keyboard, Sakurai is just typing kind and rather gender neutral things. "I'm sorry" in response to crying "Are you okay?" "I don't have someone to complain to" "I have to admit I was surprised to find out you're so young" Even with emoji thrown in as long as it's not excessive it's androgynous (everyone i know sends cute cat stickers equally at the v least) Even the scene where Lily pops out of the tree, since it's a cute girl avatar you think "cute girl surprising friend to act cutesy" but if it were a hot boy avatar you think "fun loving guy jump scaring friend to be funny"

Most of the expressions and gestures depicted in the mmo world is dramatized anyway and is not what they physically see on screen. Like when Hayashi is being asked his age, Moriko isn't actually sending nervous/uncomfortable emotes or emoji to make it look like she's hiding something.

I also think Sakurai just has a soft personality? Or at least it's not as macho as the other men around him. Even his coworker calls him "Sakura-chan" Super girly nickname. (btw i think this is why he calls his character Lily, both flowers)

ThatCynicalOtaku said:

What do you mean 0 online personas? Isn't their avatar (Hayashi, Lily, etc) at least one persona? These characters haven't even given that much personal info. "I have work" and "I'm a uni student" isn't really that personal of info when you can deduce that from what time they log on. No one even knows each others' genders or age or what job they have except for the 21 y.o.
Also in my experience personal info gets thrown around pretty quickly in mmorpgs. My friend was rather social and before I knew it was having skype video calls with other players, even met a couple irl (after thoroughly making sure it wasn't a catfish/dangerous of course). My friend that plays dota also made friends with dudes a state over and they'd visit each other.

Okay, to be fair, I never played MMOs, so I really don't know how psychology works there.
But they're still people online. And from what we see, they act the exact same way they do online, as they do in real life.
I dunno about you, but when I think of people online, I think of people who are the opposite online vs their real life selves.
Hell, I'll tell you here right now that I don't behave this way in real life.
Oct 14, 2017 7:44 AM
Jul 2017
I like so much her reaction behind the screen, especially that emote spam lol.
That's not some hilarious show but i do like the comedy of this show.
Oct 14, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2007

I have to agree with @Rymsu. It is pretty normal to be curios about other players real live. Unless it is a hardcore role-playing, questions about age, work, school, place are completely normal.
They are definitely interested in others personal information. They even bet on it. Guys from the guild were informed about the accident and given mail.
I doesn't look like they want to trick each other with gender swapped characters. Moriko created her character as a "hot guy" and I guess she didn't have any evil intentions behind it. Yuuta looks like a fine man and Lily fits his personality.
So far we know that Moriko feels kind of bad at some moments because of her gender swapped online character and being a NEET. I hope we can get Yuuta's point of view on playing as Lily.
I can't agree with @ThatCynicalOtaku opinion that people are expected to be different online to their real live behaviour. Changing personality is not such an easy thing. Being anonymous of course gives you an opportunity to change a little your behaviour but I don't believe in any drastic modifications. Plus it would be tiring to act all the time.

I enjoyed the episode a lot, 5/5.
Oct 14, 2017 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Crispmj said:

I have to agree with @Rymsu. It is pretty normal to be curios about other players real live. Unless it is a hardcore role-playing, questions about age, work, school, place are completely normal.
They are definitely interested in others personal information. They even bet on it. Guys from the guild were informed about the accident and given mail.
I doesn't look like they want to trick each other with gender swapped characters. Moriko created her character as a "hot guy" and I guess she didn't have any evil intentions behind it. Yuuta looks like a fine man and Lily fits his personality.
So far we know that Moriko feels kind of bad at some moments because of her gender swapped online character and being a NEET. I hope we can get Yuuta's point of view on playing as Lily.
I can't agree with @ThatCynicalOtaku opinion that people are expected to be different online to their real live behaviour. Changing personality is not such an easy thing. Being anonymous of course gives you an opportunity to change a little your behaviour but I don't believe in any drastic modifications. Plus it would be tiring to act all the time.

"Changing personality is not such an easy thing to do"
People do it without noticing it.
Peoples' behaviors online vs real life are completely different, because online, you don't know anybody's name, background, face, AND to top it off, you can actually plan what to say, making interactions much more relaxing.
Example: I have a friend who is antisocial and awkward in real life, but online, he looks like the most sociable moron in existence.
Oct 14, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Crispmj said:

Peoples' behaviors online vs real life are completely different, because online, you don't know anybody's name, background, face, AND to top it off, you can actually plan what to say, making interactions much more relaxing.
Example: I have a friend who is antisocial and awkward in real life, but online, he looks like the most sociable moron in existence.

It is not a change in personality, being online just makes him express himself easier. He is not being judged by others (look, voice, what he says) and also he is in an environment which he takes as positively set toward him.
If changing your character would be so easy, all population would be confident, successful, positive, genki and so on, because those are desired features.
Character change takes a lot of work and time.
Maybe we should differ between personality and behaviour. In your example your friend's behaviour is changed but his personality remains the same. That's interesting, thank you.
Oct 14, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Crispmj said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

It is not a change in personality, being online just makes him express himself easier. He is not being judged by others (look, voice, what he says) and also he is in an environment which he takes as positively set toward him.
If changing your character would be so easy, all population would be confident, successful, positive, genki and so on, because those are desired features.
Character change takes a lot of work and time.
Maybe we should differ between personality and behaviour. In your example your friend's behaviour is changed but his personality remains the same. That's interesting, thank you.

The MC makes sense: she's damn sociable online, but a social freak in real life.
But all the other characters...the way they behave online, seems to be the same as the way they behave in real life.
And not only that, but they act like they're actual friends, which is creepy. The whole, "Oh, you can talk to me about your problems" I'm like what, no, no sane person, would talk to a person online about their personnel issues, even if it's an MMO.
I mean I'm an internet addict, for crying out loud.
Oct 14, 2017 12:26 PM
Mar 2016
If only Kanbe knew that he won the bet, If Moriko is a NEET then it means that she hasn't kept herself well and probably hasn't taken a bath.
Oct 14, 2017 12:47 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah I'm really digging this show. It's just very sweet and cute. I really like the interactions Hayashi and Lily have in the game and finally come to meet each other again IRL. I'm very excited to see how Moriko and Yuuta's relationship develops outside of the game.

This is becoming a personal favorite of the season for me. Very excited for the next episode.
Oct 14, 2017 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
I ship them so damn hard alsdkfjdfajdfalfd

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 14, 2017 1:12 PM
Oct 2009
Cute episode. :3
I am excited when moriko find out that the blonde guy is lily. x3
Oct 14, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2009
Coincidence is really a crazy thing!
Oct 14, 2017 2:49 PM

Sep 2015
still cant wait for em to find out who they really are
Oct 14, 2017 3:04 PM
Jun 2017
I think I'm really going to like this anime covering more social things and its funny also I think I'm going to love the romance I have high expectations for it and if anyones interested dub starts on October 30th
Oct 14, 2017 4:01 PM

Jun 2012
pokeplaysgames said:
I think I'm really going to like this anime covering more social things and its funny also I think I'm going to love the romance I have high expectations for it and if anyones interested dub starts on October 30th

As long as they are faithful to the source material and don't pull another Hajimete no Gal dub, I'm fine with them touching this. Considering Moriko has many making references to adult Tomoko from Watamote, it would be interesting to have Monica Rial voice her to complete the transformation since Rial played Tomoko.
Oct 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Nov 2014
I can read Japanese a bit, and It seems like Moriko refused invitation dinner from Yuuta.. :(
Oct 14, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2015
Damn, Lily is so precious.

Oct 15, 2017 12:30 AM
Oct 2017
Yeya net-juu no susume 😍
Little bit curious with the ending song , when yuta's part in office , i see morika's shiloutte ? Is it her ? Or just my imagination ?
Cant wait for the next episode 😍😍<3
And sorry for my bad english
Oct 15, 2017 1:04 AM

Feb 2015
This show is turning out to be a nice surprise. The MMO aspect is only perriferal to the main story which is about the two MCs. How refreshing to see adults (with issues) develop a relationship in an anime and not some angry teenage shounen protag.

I think they could wrap this up in 10 episodes if done right.
Oct 15, 2017 1:34 AM

Jan 2013
Loving this so far. I enjoy both the online and irl counterparts.

Hayashi reversing the genders in the story he told cracked me up
Oct 15, 2017 3:44 AM
May 2017
I can't wait to see their faces when they find out the truth.
Hope she doesn't put like too much make up or something to meet him.
Oct 15, 2017 3:57 AM

Nov 2009
Sai-B said:
Question:
Is the whole anime jumping back and forth between the MMO and the real world? Or is there a point in which the MMO gets put aside?

There are no spoilers available in English. Only a little bit of translated manga, which doesn't even cover episode 1.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
But all the other characters...the way they behave online, seems to be the same as the way they behave in real life.
And not only that, but they act like they're actual friends, which is creepy. The whole, "Oh, you can talk to me about your problems" I'm like what, no, no sane person, would talk to a person online about their personnel issues, even if it's an MMO.

In practice, we see people making whole threads about their personal issues on this forum. Talking about such things online is actually safer than with a person who actually knows who you are and might say too much to people you don't want to know stuff. Sure, there are professionals like psychologists and priests, but actually visiting any of them is a problem in itself. Psychologists expect to be paid, even when a trouble teenager can find one. And priests are enemies of all fun activities operating on alien morality, which makes their advice useless.
Oct 15, 2017 6:29 AM

Feb 2017
I'm so invested in this. The romance is SO CUTE, and they are adorbz in real life.

Can't wait to see what happens with this :D
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 15, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2014
[quote=flannan message=52662096]
Sai-B said:
Question:

There are no spoilers available in English. Only a little bit of translated manga, which doesn't even cover episode 1.

Thanks!
Oct 15, 2017 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
flannan said:
Sai-B said:
Question:

ThatCynicalOtaku said:

In practice, we see people making whole threads about their personal issues on this forum. Talking about such things online is actually safer than with a person who actually knows who you are and might say too much to people you don't want to know stuff. Sure, there are professionals like psychologists and priests, but actually visiting any of them is a problem in itself. Psychologists expect to be paid, even when a trouble teenager can find one. And priests are enemies of all fun activities operating on alien morality, which makes their advice useless.

Okay, you guys have debunked all my arguments.
My only problem, is how in this anime, everyone gets along perfectly, online.
Oct 15, 2017 8:37 AM

Nov 2009
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Not "everyone". Only a small guild established with the goal of being friendly and avoiding unnecessary drama.
It's surprisingly easy to get along with people you need to get along with, when in an easy environment like a MMORPG, and you get to choose whom you associate with. All the drama here on these forums is because we like arguing.
Oct 15, 2017 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
flannan said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Not "everyone". Only a small guild established with the goal of being friendly and avoiding unnecessary drama.
It's surprisingly easy to get along with people you need to get along with, when in an easy environment like a MMORPG, and you get to choose whom you associate with. All the drama here on these forums is because we like arguing.

Well, okay, it makes sense why they don't come into conflict, but I still hate how
lovey-dovey they are.
I wanted this to be an anime that seriously explores internet psychology: how the way people behave online doesn't match the way they behave in real life, their more hidden backstories, etc.
"All the drama here on these forums is because we like arguing."
That...is perfectly true.
Oct 15, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
this is great , this is so good, i love this anime so much idk y :D it's so relaxing.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 15, 2017 10:14 AM
Aug 2015
Never would I expect that I would enjoy this anime (even if the animation sucks) and I like the op
This and Blend S will be my priorities for this season
Somehow I've started to stay away from shounen ish anime little by little now (is it because I am getting old?) And would prefer shows that touch on rl stuff like Sol moe (even if a bit, but it's cute so who care) and Sol with a bit seriousness in it (like last season Sakura quest)
There are always some exceptions like boko no hero and this season kekkai sensen also when it comes to a fantasy anime I would always try to watch even if just some episodes
Oct 15, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2016
This is a pretty good surprise! First time i pick five shows in a season thanks to this. The animation is surprisingly good for an almost unknown studio
Oct 15, 2017 2:24 PM

Jun 2012
AdoKun said:
Somehow I've started to stay away from shounen ish anime little by little now (is it because I am getting old?) And would prefer shows that touch on rl stuff -

I've noticed the same thing, ate up shounen as a teen, but after getting out of the service and starting college things are just different now. After watching Re:Life and Sakura Quest I've really kindov woken up to how much older I am and it's kindov depressed me for months now... seems like only yesterday I was 19 watching Spice and Wolf for the first time, now I'm 25.

One of the main reasons I even chose to follow Net-Juu was because Moriko was a 30-year old protag. It's harder to relate to the eternally 16 High School kids found in most anime, and just 9 years ago I was in their shoes. Doesn't feel real sometimes.

Oct 15, 2017 5:55 PM

Aug 2015
I love this show. ;_;
Oct 15, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
Moriko, Kobayashi... just goes to show that older women can be adorable as hell. I wish we could learn a bit more about Moriko, but as-is I am enjoying the ride.

Moriko is a gold mine of reaction gifs. I love it.
Oct 15, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2015
Thirties, not seeking a job, and a women. The lies are increasing. And now to wait for them to realize who they are. Which might take a while, because when your awkward and a Neet, everything that involves interacting with people is made much, much, MUCH more difficult. And considering how things are going on right now, they might not realize anything until the very end. Just them getting to know each other both in-game and irl without knowing. Which would be great actually, either way, I look forward to the next episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 15, 2017 9:37 PM

Apr 2017
This show is sure interesting.

Emotes, cries, elbowing XD. Even message at 2am. Priceless.

Wonder if such MMO would be allowed worldwide...
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Oct 15, 2017 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Well, okay, it makes sense why they don't come into conflict, but I still hate how
lovey-dovey they are.
I wanted this to be an anime that seriously explores internet psychology: how the way people behave online doesn't match the way they behave in real life, their more hidden backstories, etc.
"All the drama here on these forums is because we like arguing."
That...is perfectly true.

I don't think the social interaction on internet forums and the social interaction in "an inner circle of guild friends in an MMO" can be compared. It's like apples and oranges. They're both happening on the internet with a mask of anonymity, kind of like how both apple and orange are fruits, but one is happening on a public forum where anyone can jump in and throw in their opinion and thoughts, while the other's just a small circle of close "online game buddies" that plays a same game together while having fun. There's a clear differences in objective for why both exist.

Then again, you did mention you never played an MMO, thus it's not surprising that you don't understand how the whole social interaction in such MMO setting like in this show works.

I used play my own fair share of MMO's, and trust me on this: when you join a guild or find your own group of buddies, and then get really accepted by them and end up in the "inner circle," you really get to get along with them as if it's like best of buddies in the world. How is this possible? Well, in an MMO setting, people gather to "play the game" while "having fun." There is that common objective that can bring people together, even a bunch of total strangers. On the other hand, on the forums, it's all about discussions... or arguments. Not very suitable for some close bonding fun times, if you ask me, LOL.

That being said, once the whole "inner circle of friends/guild" thing gets going, some people prefer to go further and share & reveal their RL things to each others. Others are just perfectly fine not knowing RL stuffs about each other, opting for "don't ask, don't tell" approach. Then there're those who look like they're role playing... but kind of not... and still aren't revealing anything RL about themselves. And then there're fourth type of people who don't give a flying crud about that kind of thing, and are only there to party up and slay monsters for some juicy fat loots. People can be very different and diverse on how they deal with the identity issue in an online setting.

One thing that I'd like to say for sure is that the mask of anonymity can be a double edged sword: it can allow either (1) absolute confidence in a person to open up and be really true to themselves, or (2) complete control over their online persona, even if they choose to put on a mask and be a completely different person. Who can say? Even if the person reveals themselves as so-so IRL, how can anyone can be sure that the person is being honest about it, unless they all meet IRL at some point? I've been on all ends of the spectrum about this during my MMO days, and sometimes it can be very fascinating.

In short, I personally don't see anything wrong with how the in-game characters of the guild interact with each other. I say that it's something that's quite plausible for an actual RL MMO setting. Maybe a little far fetched? Maybe, but not impossible.
venn2009Oct 15, 2017 10:08 PM
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Oct 15, 2017 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
@venn2009

I am honestly shocked how polite people are responding to my posts here.
So okay, I agree with everything you said. And I admit, my criticism is not as strong, since I never interacted with people in MMOs before.
But the thought of online behavior vs real-life behavior being the same, I find, is completely absurd.
I have some experience with interacting with others in online games. When I did, I remember I always appeared really mature and cool.
But in real life, I am an antisocial freak, just like the MC in the anime, hence my profile pic.

Case in point, my problem with this anime, isn't how the characters interact with each other, but how their behaviors seem true to their real-life selves.

I'm starting to think my actual problem with this anime is that it's not a psychological commentary. I've desperately wanted an anime that explores the psychology of real life interactions and online interactions.
Oct 15, 2017 11:12 PM

Apr 2009
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
@venn2009

So okay, I agree with everything you said. And I admit, my criticism is not as strong, since I never interacted with people in MMOs before.
But the thought of online behavior vs real-life behavior being the same, I find, is completely absurd.
I have some experience with interacting with others in online games. When I did, I remember I always appeared really mature and cool.
But in real life, I am an antisocial freak, just like the MC in the anime, hence my profile pic.

Case in point, my problem with this anime, isn't how the characters interact with each other, but how their behaviors seem true to their real-life selves.

I'm starting to think my actual problem with this anime is that it's not a psychological commentary. I've desperately wanted an anime that explores the psychology of real life interactions and online interactions.

Fair enough.

Well, I see nothing wrong with how find such thing absurd. You're free to have an opinion, but please at least keep an open mind for those who're different from you.

Still, plenty of people out there have no problem with keeping same persona for RL and online, for whatever reasons. To each to his/her own, I guess.

Frankly, this show has just 2 episodes so far? Maybe we might see some of what you're looking for, further down the road... or maybe not. Still, I'm personally liking what I'm seeing so far so I plan to stick with it.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Oct 15, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
venn2009 said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
@venn2009

Fair enough.

Well, I see nothing wrong with how find such thing absurd. You're free to have an opinion, but please at least keep an open mind for those who're different from you.

Still, plenty of people out there have no problem with keeping same persona for RL and online, for whatever reasons. To each to his/her own, I guess.

Frankly, this show has just 2 episodes so far? Maybe we might see some of what you're looking for, further down the road... or maybe not. Still, I'm personally liking what I'm seeing so far so I plan to stick with it.

I should've been more elaborate.
It's honestly not the online-persona thing that's the primary reason I dropped this anime.
It's just that it's just...boring.
Nothing really happens.
Oct 16, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
I really like this show so far! It's cute, funny, and relatable. I even like that the monsters are pretty goofy looking, it just works. Moriko is me af.
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Oct 16, 2017 10:49 AM

Nov 2016
While I really like the concept, I'm not enjoying this as much as I want :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2017 11:34 AM

Dec 2009
Holy crap... the relatability of this anime is through the roof!

Watching all of those people in suits walk in lines into Babel Tower, and jumping off a cliff is a 1:1 depiction of what the world is like for me . . . It's like watching a bunch of well-dressing lemmings herd themselves along a religious path to throw away their lives. We live in a cult society that claims to be civil.

This show reminds me much of my days in Tera Online.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:

If you're not being ironic then you're completely wrong about that. Most people DO NOT roleplay personas, because especially in the west, roleplay is considered uncool and childlike.

radle said:
fishpun said:
i felt the same at first but i guess it's not unrealistic to think he's probably just roleplaying a little? we might get an explanation later on about why he puts on such a cutesy persona~
That highly depends on the people. There are plenty of gender-ambiguous people, and our male protag is obviously effeminate, making it hard to tell. Someone like me, people never know what my gender is, they sometimes guess male, sometimes guess female. I always play female chars in games, but my behaviour is so erratic that it's hard for anyone to really tell. Gender ambiguity is definitely a thing. This is also a story about non-confinement to gender norms.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
["Changing personality is not such an easy thing to do"
People change behaviours, not personality. Anyone with good people sense can see through the facade.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
The MC makes sense: she's damn sociable online, but a social freak in real life.
It's not actually a contrast. It's rare for people to be truly antisocial, and usually hide from reality because of awkwardness, appearance, clumsiness, or whatever the reasons might be.

When you can be online, you can be all mind no body, and that uncertainty fades away into dust, where you can be your true self. That is the wonder of the internet, and why the internet is a place you should be true to yourself, rather than falsify under a mask of lies and self-gratification.

+1 to this:
flannan said:
Talking about such things online is actually safer than with a person who actually knows who you are and might say too much to people you don't want to know stuff. Sure, there are professionals like psychologists and priests, but actually visiting any of them is a problem in itself. Psychologists expect to be paid, even when a trouble teenager can find one. And priests are enemies of all fun activities operating on alien morality, which makes their advice useless.

venn2009 said:
I say that it's something that's quite plausible for an actual RL MMO setting. Maybe a little far fetched? Maybe, but not impossible.
I can submit testimony of confirmation, been there done that, not uncommon.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
You could always interview people instead.
You say you dropped this anime because you find it boring, but i find this unusual romance of gender ambiguity to be extremely charming.
GenesisAriaOct 16, 2017 2:07 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.