Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally! The day has arrived! more Gintama!
They started off with Kagura's boyfriend arc, the art was so fcking slick, as always when Gintama goes comedy route, they are fucking entertaining as hell.

The ED where all (well.. almost all) the Gintama girls are in gowns were great, they were all beautiful, Kagura was adorable this ep and ofc, papa Gintoki and papi arent that happy with her having a boyfriend.

PS: Judging by the OP, we'll get the excalibur arc as well, probably at ep3.

Best part of OP

Best part of ED
TyrelOct 2, 2017 12:06 AM
Oct 1, 2017 10:44 AM

May 2016
I like the visuals of the new opening but i don't like the song :/
Oct 1, 2017 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
hassage said:
I like the visuals of the new opening but i don't like the song :/

Yeah both the OP and ED songs were bad by Gintama standards, and I normally like their themes..
Oct 1, 2017 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
Beautiful episode. It's great to have one more season at the top 10. lol
I hope it continue as good as always
Oct 1, 2017 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
How did BLUE ENCOUNT get a second opening? the chorus is just noise to me, I don't even wanna give it a second listen
Oct 1, 2017 11:27 AM
Aug 2011
I hope someone finally will upload 2 previous Ayumikurikamaki singles after that. The ED is great, I don't really remember the last time when the ED was decent enough
Oct 1, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
glad there adapting skipped comedy arcs, and not doing half reruns like Enchousen.

jayss said:
How did BLUE ENCOUNT get a second opening? the chorus is just noise to me, I don't even wanna give it a second listen

this is Blue Encounts 3rd opening, they did the second op in Iron Blooded Orphans s1.
Oct 1, 2017 11:33 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
fatedKujo said:
glad there adapting skipped comedy arcs, and not doing half reruns like Enchousen.

jayss said:

this is Blue Encounts 3rd opening, they did the second op in Iron Blooded Orphans s1.
I think he meant on Gintama.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2017 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
fatedKujo said:
jayss said:

I meant for Gintama
Oct 1, 2017 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Did they mention anything about SA, FS, or RDB in the beginning?
Sup...
Oct 1, 2017 12:11 PM

Feb 2016
Aaaaah! I waited for Kagura´s boyfriend Arc!! I missed old Gintama comedy vibes ♥ I also like the opening.
If you want to watch it online go to watchgintama (dot) com and you will find it ^^
Oct 1, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
After all those serious arcs this breather season is what I needed the most. I like serious Gintama; but what got me into the series was all the comedy and messed up main characters. This is going to be great while waiting for the end.
Also I agree that the OP is not very good..
Oct 1, 2017 12:12 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Man, that was awesome. I'm so glad that the skipped comedy chapters are being adapted. Kagura's Boyfriend arc is first to be adapted, since it was the first skipped arc.

OP and ED is meh, pretty probably the worst from Gintama. Which is a shame since Blue Encount's Day x Day was a great Gintama OP

After listening to both of them quite a lot, I really like the OP. Not the best, but pretty fun. ED is okay at best.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 12, 2018 7:17 PM
Oct 1, 2017 12:13 PM

Mar 2016
Man, I missed all of them and was expecting them co come back, and so the day of the return has come. So much fun... This is gonna be a great season!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 1, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
Haven't laughed like this in a while lmao. Great pilot episode!
Oct 1, 2017 12:15 PM

Mar 2016
I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH

HGFIHURIWNAUES IM SO HAPPY
Oct 1, 2017 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
Ahhh back to comedy at last, how I missed this show.

So based on the OP it seems they're going to animate the Excalibur Arc :P

I liked both OP and ED tho they're far from the best.
Oct 1, 2017 12:19 PM

May 2015
Hallelujah I'm so glad it's back and animating the skipped comedy arcs we're all in for a real treat this season

♡ artist
サコ
Oct 1, 2017 12:30 PM

Mar 2015
Ahhhh I missed them so much!! Episode was hilarious (stating the obvious).
Oct 1, 2017 12:35 PM
Apr 2016
The OP and ED are both really good. The songs are great. The visuals are fun. Seeing all the girls in the ED was also amazing, not gonna lie. (My favorite is Mutsu, she looks amazing).

The intro itself was already amazing. I laughed so hard. The Chunin Hunter Hero Exam almost killed me. Shinpachi's reference to the live action was great as well.

Next time there is a poll for best anime dad, I am voting for Gintoki. Dadtoki is the best dad. Also, Gin and Umibozu made quiet a couple. Their reactions were priceless. The voiceacting especially was top notch.
The grown up talk, AoT references were brilliant. It is been a while since I laughed this hard. I am so glad that Gintama is back. My favorite series of all time.
Oct 1, 2017 12:38 PM

Aug 2010
Ahhh Gintama is back!! Starting off with Kagura's boyfriend arc.

The ladies wearing wedding dresses in the ED were so beautiful.

Looking forward to the Excalibur and Guardian Spirit arcs too!
Oct 1, 2017 12:41 PM

Oct 2016
Dang the art and animation is surprisingly good, especially the exaggerated facial expressions. When the boyfriend stepped in I actually got an SnK vibe.
Oct 1, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
GINTAMA IS BACK!! Glorious first episode.
With so many of my favorite shows airing this fall, it's gonna be the best season of the year for me.

The WSJ parody start was gold, I was laughing from the start.
Umibozu's reaction to Kagura being confessed too along with him bringing down the electricity pole was epic.

Gin-san and Umibzou's conversation at the pub about children growing up was beautiful.

OP was okay but wedding dress ED was beautiful. <3
Oct 1, 2017 12:49 PM
Aug 2016
Finally seeing Dadtoki was awsome! I cannot wait forthe next episode.
By the way, Why has drawing style of Kagura been changing frequently since 2015?
Oct 1, 2017 1:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ITS BACK BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Oct 1, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
GINTAMA IS BACK IN ALL IT'S GLORY!

The good old gintama before everything got serious, I'm gonna love this season! Off to a great start, as I was chocking while laughing
Oct 1, 2017 1:10 PM

Jun 2014
OP and ED were meh, but it was nice seeing all the Gintama girls in wedding dresses. Maybe the OP will grow on me the more I hear it.....

Within the first minute of the episode we got references to One Piece, Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, and Boku no Hero. I love how this show gives no fucks.

Right off the bat, this episode was hilarious. I love the serious arcs of Gintama but it feels good to get a small break from that and go back to some comedy. The dynamic between Gintoki and Umibozu as they were freaking out over Kagura's boyfriend was great, and the boyfriend looks very different from what I imagined lol.

Overall, a great start to what should be another great season. After having the luxury of marathoning all of the previous seasons, it's going to suck to actually have to wait a week for each episode, but it should be well worth it.
thebrentinator24Oct 1, 2017 1:20 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 1, 2017 1:24 PM

Feb 2015
Oh look, Gintama is #1 again
Now we wait for the haters to blindly rate it a 1 so the score goes down

They just can't accept our lord and savior
Oct 1, 2017 1:28 PM

Mar 2016
Really good episode and extremely funny. Heard good things about the arc so I'm happy. Opening could've been better, but really liked the ending.
Oct 1, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2014
I am so loving this ...finally gintama is back
Oct 1, 2017 1:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
thebrentinator24 said:

Within the first minute of the episode we got references to One Piece, Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, and Boku no Hero. I love how this show gives no fucks.

They also referenced Kemono Friends !

Oct 1, 2017 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:
thebrentinator24 said:

They also referenced Kemono Friends !

I haven't seen it so I didn't catch that reference, but damn, 7 shows in a minute. Gotta love Gintama.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 1, 2017 2:10 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Can't believe they actually made a Kemono Friends reference in the opening scene, that genuinely made me happy to see

Either way, nice to have it back again. Hope it'll be better than last season, but so far so good
Oct 1, 2017 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
The recap made me lol so much I almost fell off the chair, I loved it.
Kagura brought home a big boyfriend!
Oct 1, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2014
AOTS Anime of the year right there :P

It's so, so good to have Gintama back- and yeah, I know we technically had a season already this year, but it wasn't the "real" Gintama if that makes sense. As much as I love the darker Gintama arcs, the very thing that got me obsessed with the series (being how absurd it is) being absent for around 30 whole episodes made me a little sad.
The format it's had going all these years is tried and true, and it works well- tons of comedy arcs with shorter, more serious ones thrown in at a ratio of about 7:3. Doing that also increases the intensity of the more battle shounen-esque arcs too.

I had tears in my eyes when Umibouzu and Gintoki stuck their heads through the doors...and good god their shoulders XD
And oh my lord, Kagura's boyfriend is a titan. Idek if that was intentional but it doesn't even matter. It's funny af.
Nice little talk between the guys as well when they were drunk outta their minds. Ah, good old Gintama with it's screwed up comedy and strangely informative life lessons.

Probably just being an unbearable fan girl here but I thought everything was perfectly executed and the OP and ED songs are on fire! Wonder if they're gonna give us a man-service version of that ED lmao

Good to have it back finally :')

One thing I'm unsure about though is the episode count?? I guess it's gonna just be 12 eps is they're going off of what's been left un-adapted from the manga?? Although I'm not sure how much got left out in the first place...
I'd rather it be two cours- depending on how many arcs there are to adapt, and whether or not BN decide to have the odd filler.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2017 2:13 PM

Oct 2014
I wasn't a Gintama fan before, but this episode pretty much convinced me I should be.
Oct 1, 2017 2:40 PM

Dec 2015
I noticed some old faces in both the OP and ED, I'm both guessing and hoping that it's because they'll be making an appearance in this season.

That recap man, classic Gintama xD how the hell did the boyfriend went from looking like a normal kid (at least from behind) to a giant half-naked titan?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2017 2:45 PM

Feb 2012
I don't understand why would they waste production money on a comedy season, pretty sure this will either be one cour of 12-13 episodes and all comedy, when you already have a great set up serious arc ongoing and with crazy shit going down in the manga right now.

I used to rate all the Gintama season with clear 10s and this might be the first to get a lower score. I appreciate comedy where it needs to be, but at this point in Gintama, it shouldn't be imo.
Oct 1, 2017 2:54 PM
Nov 2013
Ramkec said:
I don't understand why would they waste production money on a comedy season, pretty sure this will either be one cour of 12-13 episodes and all comedy, when you already have a great set up serious arc ongoing and with crazy shit going down in the manga right now.

I used to rate all the Gintama season with clear 10s and this might be the first to get a lower score. I appreciate comedy where it needs to be, but at this point in Gintama, it shouldn't be imo.

There's actually a great reason. They skipped these episodes and arcs before. And pretty much all of them are great. The manga is still ongoing, and they don't want to start adapting the final arc and risk catching up before it ends in the manga. There's no reason to dislike this season. They aren't wasting money, as this season will surely make them back whatever they spent on it, possibly giving them a net gain. Plus, the final arc is garunteed to be animated at some point, and since it's the final- they'll likely throw all of their resources at it. So I wouldn't be worried. Just sit back and enjoy the good ol' days for the cast one last time :)
Oct 1, 2017 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
Comedy Gintama is good Gintama. Was laughing throughout the whole thing.

TyrelOct 1, 2017 3:00 PM
Oct 1, 2017 3:10 PM

Aug 2015
Finally we`ll have a break of serious arcs in Gintama, and enjoy every day life of our idiots in Yorozuya. Kagura`s boyfriend arc is one of my favourite, first episode trully adapts everything that manga has and even better, because of great visuals and top notch voice acting as always!

Just look at those faces and you`ll understand everything.
Oct 1, 2017 3:10 PM

Jul 2017
I love the visuals of the OP and ED, songs didn't bother me, in fact, I actually liked the ED and didn't mind the OP. I never skip Gintama OPs or EDs because sometimes they have a special different version, either way, I'm enjoying the show so far. So glad it's back.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Oct 1, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2014
Welcome back!
LMFAO at the Captain Tsubasa reference xD
Oct 1, 2017 4:02 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, I missed comedy Gintama, so glad it's back! It was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing.
Oct 1, 2017 4:34 PM

Apr 2016
this was so refreshing <3
right from the start of the episode I was smiling and laughing
after the mess that was the last season (imho) this felt like classic Gintama once again and I absolutely loved everything about it!
Oct 1, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2015
Is it alright if I watch this season even if I didn't watch the other seasons of gintama, I already know about the personalities of the characters of Gintama so is it alright?
hi
Oct 1, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2015
I missed all that so much
It just feels good, pure laughter and no worrying about if it's going to be good.
You just feel refreshed and it was necessary before the end and in between serious arcs
Oct 1, 2017 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
Yes~~~
I waited for this!
I don't read manga, but I checked this one!
And I'm so happy to see this animated!
Can't wait to see next episode ❤
Oct 1, 2017 5:11 PM
Jul 2016
man so many good kagura looks
at the beggining prodab-y my favourit veraion of grown up kagira
is it me or does kagura look older? she looks slimmer and taller
and kagura in wedding dress? so good ;)

but animation wasnt good in my opinion
remiskaOct 1, 2017 5:18 PM
Oct 1, 2017 5:14 PM

Apr 2012
I've missed Gintama so much. Especially comedy Gintama. I can't get enough of it.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Nov 26, 2017

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.