Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 15, 2017 7:23 AM

Jun 2016
Noragami has made me a happier person...

...does that answer count?
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Sep 15, 2017 8:11 PM
Nov 2016
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

Omoide no Marnie

Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
Sep 15, 2017 8:18 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
- Your Lie in April
- The Shape of Voice/The Silent Voice
- Oregairu
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 15, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2016
Mirai Nikki
Tokyo Ghoul (manga)
Tsukimonogatari
Sep 15, 2017 9:20 PM
Apr 2017
Fate/Zero made me realize there are good things.

Hunter x Hunter told me what friendship was, and that I never had it (not trying to sound like a crybaby, even though I do)

Clannad gave me a feeling of loss that I've never had before.

Because of the things these few anime shows have given me, I understood that life is more than just feeding your ego, and that enjoying even the most seemingly insignificant 2d images can change you as much as any worthless 4 years of high school. Hopefully college will be different! Moving out Sunday 😂
Sep 16, 2017 12:21 AM

Jun 2017
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso: Stopped watching anime
Shinsekai yori: Decided to restart
Sakamichi no Apollon: Now I listen to jazz
Sep 16, 2017 12:25 AM

Feb 2016
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Cardcaptor Sakura
Nana

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Sep 16, 2017 12:28 AM

Apr 2017
SnO=realize anime is good
nobody knows though, conscisuze the conciousness when it comes to noticeable changes lol
i mean initial d made me enjoy driving more hahadoesthatcount
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Sep 16, 2017 12:29 AM

Mar 2017
Naruto
Toradora
Barakamon

characterlimiiit
Sep 16, 2017 12:40 AM

Mar 2017
1) Tatami Galaxy - How to live in college and society in general.
2) EoE - How to genuinely hate people around you and in turn hate yourself even more.
3) Millennium Actress - How to to enjoy the journey rather than the destination.

You could easily say that all my favourites have in some way changed my mindset on various aspects of life.
Sep 16, 2017 12:45 AM
Jul 2017
From the new world
Serial experiment lain
Saga of tanya the evil
Sep 16, 2017 12:46 AM

Apr 2015
SukaSuka=The Epitome of Heroism anime
Madoka=Think Twice, Stop Being Rash
Aria=Check my bio
Sep 16, 2017 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
1. Mononoke Hime
One reason is that I recognized when I was like 10 that there are other anime than the children anime on TV (no offense against them, I still love Digimon etc.)
[...]

But the other important reason is that Mononoke Hime is one of the few anime, which really did something "educationally" to me, ironically by not wanting to teach you SO / TOO obtrusive what is right and wrong. Of course, Miyazaki often has envirionmental and war themes in his movies and who saw the movie knows how it ends, but he also fleshed out the perspective of the humans.
And I think it's important to get in touch with stories, which tell you both sides of a problem, especially when you are younger.
I absolutely loved how Ashitaka finds himself between the two sides and has to spend time with both.

[...]

Me from the Miyazaki-topic, because I'm lazy. XD

2. Death Parade
The main elements of the story are a big metaphor for human judgement in my eyes, imo. Just my own interpretation of the anime.
Of course, you can't stop judging other people, because that's just human too, but it was for me thought-provoking and still makes you think sometimes, when you have finished the anime.

3. Really some of my other favorites in one or another way a little bit?

Nyah_Chan said:
There's just one....

BOKU NO PICO

It changed me forever... Now I have an addiction to bleaching my eyes

Aaand this. x.x
Sep 16, 2017 10:14 AM

Feb 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
1. Mononoke Hime
One reason is that I recognized when I was like 10 that there are other anime than the children anime on TV (no offense against them, I still love Digimon etc.)
[...]

But the other important reason is that Mononoke Hime is one of the few anime, which really did something "educationally" to me, ironically by not wanting to teach you SO / TOO obtrusive what is right and wrong. Of course, Miyazaki often has envirionmental and war themes in his movies and who saw the movie knows how it ends, but he also fleshed out the perspective of the humans.
And I think it's important to get in touch with stories, which tell you both sides of a problem, especially when you are younger.
I absolutely loved how Ashitaka finds himself between the two sides and has to spend time with both.

[...]

2. Death Parade
The main elements of the story are a big metaphor for human judgement in my eyes, imo. Just my own interpretation of the anime.
Of course, you can't stop judging other people, because that's just human too, but it was for me thought-provoking and still makes you think sometimes, when you have finished the anime.

Nyah_Chan said:
There's just one....

BOKU NO PICO

It changed me forever... Now I have an addiction to bleaching my eyes

Aaand this. x.x

I see... You're a victim too... I cry with you
Sep 16, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
FMAB - I came to anime with many preconceived notions reinforced by my fist anime, SAO. FMAB ripped all of those preconceived notions apart.

Anohana - convinced me to start watching anime that were dialogue driven and contained no action.

Madoka magica - Screw the poster. Screw the op. Neither of those things is any indication of a shows quality.
"Next to the originator of a good sentence is the first quoter of it. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sep 16, 2017 10:20 AM
Aug 2017
Motto to love ru because wa my first one
With Highscool DxD I learned that anime can have both plot and "plot"
The monogatari series because it became my absolute favourite and because whith it I learned how important the character design is.
These are my 3
Sep 16, 2017 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Nyah_Chan said:
Maneki-Mew said:
1. Mononoke Hime

2. Death Parade

Aaand this. x.x

I see... You're a victim too... I cry with you

Why did I automatically think of this? XD

AND also Junjou Romantica. Not so bad and traumatic as Boku no Pico, but it made me say "I HATE BOYS LOVE" for years. XD
Sep 21, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2015
Naruto
Steins Gate
Fairy Tail

Naruto changed me most. Naruto have help me a lot and I learn to Never Give Up no matter what and work hard to reach my goals just like what he did. So thanks to Naruto I got better grades in school xD
Sep 21, 2017 10:28 PM

Apr 2016
ReLIFE
Tsuki ga Kirei
Hibike Euphonium

slice of life's/drama/romance tend to do the trick
Sep 23, 2017 9:06 AM
Jul 2017
OreGairu had a huge affect on my outlook on life and how people function. I think that I could really relate to some of the characters and the ideas presented in that show were very real life orientated/applicable. That has definitely had the largest effect on me. I really really really hope they continue the series as while the show itself was ok (I think I have it as a 7 or 8) it really did effect me like no other anime has before.

And I guess ShigastuWKnU had a decent effect on me as It drew me further into anime, changed my tastes in anime genres, and rekindled my love for classical music. It also had a physiological affect on my tear ducts.

Oh yeah I saw someone else's post, and Sakurasou no pet na kanojo was pretty impactful to me as well as far as teaching the failure aspect of life as well as the value of friendships and life, I teared up at this schools closing ceremony more than angel beat's.
MK_AlexSep 24, 2017 9:03 PM
Sep 23, 2017 2:06 PM

Jul 2016

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - really thought me something about life failures.

Your Lie in April

ReLife
Sep 23, 2017 2:13 PM
Oct 2016
Don't be ridiculous how can a chinese cartoon can change a human(ı am just kidding ı think every good tv series book or film can affect people lifes)my favourite three is:

Full metal alchemist bratherhood

Legend of the galactic heroes

Welcome to the N.H.K
Sep 23, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2014
school days
Eromanga-sensei
Big Order

changed me to be careful in selecting animes to watch
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Sep 23, 2017 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
Evangelion
FLCL
Aria
Sep 23, 2017 3:56 PM

Jun 2015
More than changed I would say series that impacted me. Dragon Ball is a classic of my childhood, Death Note got me to watch anime "regularly" and the manga of Berserk got me hooked in every way and became my fav series of all time. It just put a mark right in the top. Since then the bar is so high that I'm always thinking if there is any series that will have a chance to take that spot off Berserk.
Jan 13, 2018 9:33 PM

Jun 2016
Naruto
Monster
Eromanga-sensei (never specified if it changed me for the better).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 10:08 PM

Aug 2014
Baka test
Gurren Lagann
Shinsekai​ no Yori

Changed my preference of anime i guess.
- Comedy
- Weird art but epic action
- Darker theme of weird shit
Jan 13, 2018 10:09 PM

Oct 2017
tragedydesu said:
Let's see ..... none
Anime can't change me

This so much.

We're still otaku who loves anime and doesn't like to go out.
Jan 14, 2018 12:07 AM
Jan 2018
Mob Psycho- Made me realize that youth really is fleeting and that I should try to get out more. Never give up!

Natsume- It's okay to be alone. When you are not, enjoy the time you spend with friends and family doing daily simple things like eating dinner together, talking outside on a summer night, and other nice things.

Ouran HS host club- same thing^ except with more comedy and rich kids.

Jan 14, 2018 4:23 AM
Jul 2017
Clannad AS
Plastic memories
Boku no hero academia
Jan 14, 2018 4:33 AM
Oct 2015
Gintama - made me realize how good anime can be. And that mixing like almost every fucking genre can actually work lol.

Sword art online - negative change. Wasn't the first bad anime I'd seen just the first anime I got legit disappointed with.

Code Geass - Made me love anime and was one of the first ones I watched.
Jan 14, 2018 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
I don’t get affected by anime much
Jan 14, 2018 4:35 AM

Dec 2015
Welcome to the NHK: I like to stay at home forever but its not good, I need to live by my own

ERASED: I know I can't change my mistakes so fuck it

Re: zero: boost my mentality it works, I guess.
ArzoganJan 14, 2018 4:39 AM
Jan 14, 2018 4:43 AM

Mar 2017
oregairu made me edgy
love live made me a weaboo
shirobako made me a critic
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 14, 2018 4:50 AM

Jul 2017
Kissxsis

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Aku no Hana
Jan 14, 2018 4:54 AM

Sep 2017
fmab made me realize that most other anime are trash and that my standards were incredibly low for having haruhi as my favorite anime before that
the rapeman taught me rape was bad and that i shouldn't rape people
lovelive made me realize anime is indeed cancer
dlwuikJan 15, 2018 6:38 AM
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 14, 2018 5:04 AM

Oct 2015
Jojo
To Love-Ru
Princess Resurrection (This is a crucial anime that made me a fan, possibly more so than TLR)

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 14, 2018 1:53 PM
Oct 2017
elfen lied because the girl came out of my tv screen and went into my body so whenever i has sex in the puzzy it can become her now and thats how it changed me
Jan 14, 2018 1:55 PM

Nov 2014
Not a single anime has ever had more impact on me than these three masterpieces

K-On!
K-On!!
K-On! Movie

Jan 14, 2018 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
these three made me realize why not all of us can have nice things

makura no danshi
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Kyou kara Maou!
Jan 14, 2018 9:47 PM
Jun 2017
Naruto, FMA: Brotherhood, Boku no Hero Academia
Jan 14, 2018 9:56 PM

Jan 2017
Cardcaptor Sakura
Bleach
Natsume Yuujinchou

im weeb trash

Jan 14, 2018 9:58 PM

Oct 2015
well there were three particular anime that had changed me
1.Attack on titan(got interested into anime as genre after watching this, before that i used to watch only long mainstream one)
2.Steins gate(this anime does a huge impact on thinking and judgement)
3.Hyouka(well i used to detest slice of life anime before it)
4/5. Pyscho pass and parasyte (change concept of good and evil for me)
Jan 14, 2018 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
1) Inuyasha for getting me into anime.
2) Mobile suit Gundam for helping me appreciate the glory of older anime.
3) Slam Dunk/Hajmine no Ippo, the two series that motivated the most to work-out, thus leading to my weight loss.
Jan 15, 2018 1:12 AM

Apr 2012
I guess the biggest three would be:

Serial Experiments lain: Helped me sort out all sorts of things relating to definitions of reality and such, and realise that so many certainties are bull****. Also prompted big advances in my emotional empathy.

Utena: Learned how to combine my intuition and intellect properly watching this.

Shin Sekai Yori: I suddenly understood so much of human behaviour which had baffled me was basically people being Mamoru.
Jan 15, 2018 3:22 AM
Dec 2017
I know these choices will look stupid lmao but SAO,Tokyo Ghoul and Re:Zero had the most effect on my character, also Kokoro Connect kinda turnmed me into a selfless freak like Taichi
Jan 15, 2018 3:26 AM
Dec 2017
EriitoSenshi said:
Here's the thing. Anime in general changed me. It made me more socially open, more approachable, nicer, more kind. It's the certain style of anime that changed me that way, so I'm very thankful for anime and I will keep watching anime for the rest of my life.

But there isn't a specific series that changed me, some series only changed my standards in anime. The series that changed my tastes the most are Sword Art Online (well it's my first anime so it's the one that gave me a starting taste), Kimi no na wa, Mirai Nikki and HighSchool DxD
Holy fucking shit we are literally the same person what the fuck?
Jan 15, 2018 4:09 AM

Jan 2016
One Piece, Naruto, and Detective Conan. (lul)
Jan 15, 2018 4:23 AM

Nov 2017
Orange - Got me thinking about all of my regrets and all of the burdens that I carry.

ReLIFE - This anime actually got me a little depressed LOL but afterwards I started thinking on how I'm still kinda young and maybe life is saving something good for me...

Barakamon - this one is the real thing, if you really pay attention to it, you'll notice some stuff like: there is no tallent without effort and there is never so much work or stress that can make you stop appreciating life and the little good things
Jan 15, 2018 4:25 AM
May 2011
Cardcaptor Sakura is probably the only anime that has changed me.

Maybe also Clannad and Little Busters! can count, but it was more their Source Material (Visual Novel) and not their anime adaptation that changed me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - Today

28 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 58 minutes ago

8 by ToG25thBaam »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 10 hours ago

29 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 2 hours ago

10 by Kruszer »»
5 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 12 hours ago

21 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.