Forum Settings
Forums

The most forced romance you ever see in anime?

New
Sep 12, 2017 6:19 PM

Nov 2011
Like a character that love another character but for a very dumb reason.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2017 6:23 PM

Dec 2014
As much as I love Air TV, romance part in movie was a bit weird. If I hadn't seen TV first, I think it would seem even more forced and rushed.
Also SAO. That came too early and kinda forced.
Sep 12, 2017 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
The answer is always Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Sep 12, 2017 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
Not trying to jump on the SAO hate train but it was defintely the first thing that came to mind as well, not so much with Asuna but that blacksmith girl I can't even remember her name.
Sep 12, 2017 6:30 PM

Oct 2015
the answer is always sao, gotta shit on it whenever possible
also
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 12, 2017 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
Paul said:
Not trying to jump on the SAO hate train but it was defintely the first thing that came to mind as well, not so much with Asuna but that blacksmith girl I can't even remember her name.

Yeah, as much as love the later part of the novel. I hate how every girls just love him even if they just interact with him for a short amount of time. I also hate how Kirito despite claiming he only love Asuna, Likes to show some love for any girls too.

Sep 12, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2017
To me it's Hundred it was so bad i hated it i remember myself forcing my self to complete the anime ... wow that was hell
Suddenly three or four girls love him even his sister and HE ACTUALLY BLUSHED AND WAS HAPPY !!! yea it was horrible
Sep 12, 2017 6:35 PM

Aug 2017
Paul said:
Not trying to jump on the SAO hate train but it was defintely the first thing that came to mind as well.

Mine as well. I think only Asuna and Incest that doesn't feel forced.

Scarlett_ryuken said:
the answer is always sao, gotta shit on it whenever possible
also

It's like obligatory. Troll or not. It's a popular show.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 12, 2017 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
I remember the romance feeling very forced in Charlotte.

Sep 12, 2017 6:36 PM

May 2016
Should we bring Re:Zero back into discussion?
Rem is shit
Emilia is even more shit.
Subaru is a fktard.
His obsession is force AF.
Whale-chan is the only character with proper development.
Felix-chan should have been the MC.
Sep 12, 2017 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Say I love you. I don't know, it had very weird vibes and everything felt forced. They just don't felt like they are dating. Every date felt like a business appointment lol. Maybe I'm unfair with my score, but ... mah. ^^"

Chobits. From what I can remember, it was way too long. That "chiii" was cute in the beginning, but not for so long, even if it got better, and the whole relationship got exhausting. Also the guy was bland.

All the relationships in Shinsekai Yori, which is it's biggest flaw for me imo. Except for Saki and Maria.
I even can't feel a deep friendship most times / before the second time skip. They feel more like good schoolmates than actual close friends to me. No need to say that the relationships felt even more forced imo. Especially because Saki says that she loves and loved them (Shun, Maria, Satoru) in their own way at some point in her life... except for Saki and Maria lol.

Of course the romance in SAO for me. Same. I didn't feel any chemistry.

I have seen parts of Gravitation again and now I feel the cringes towards their relationship. ^^"
removed-userSep 12, 2017 8:04 PM
Sep 12, 2017 6:39 PM

Nov 2011
We shouldn't forget Mirai Nikki too. That chick make no sense.

Sep 12, 2017 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
I've only seen the first 3 Jojo parts, but the first two definitely have the "oh shit Jojo needs to reproduce doesn't he?" romance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2017 6:43 PM

May 2016
SuperRed said:
The answer is always Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Are you saying this is force?

It's the best shota love story evaaah you heretic.
Sep 12, 2017 6:54 PM

Aug 2017
Squidster said:
I've only seen the first 3 Jojo parts, but the first two definitely have the "oh shit Jojo needs to reproduce doesn't he?" romance.

Jonathan not really. Joseph definitely.
Sep 12, 2017 7:02 PM

Jul 2016
suzuya_mitsuko said:
Squidster said:

Jonathan not really. Joseph definitely.

Once Jonathan and Erina became a couple there was a lot of interaction. The stuff leading up to their relationship forming was a little rushed. It doesn't bother me as much in Jojo since I watch it for the action and over-the-top presentation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2017 7:08 PM

Aug 2017
Squidster said:

Once Jonathan and Erina became a couple there was a lot of interaction. The stuff leading up to their relationship forming was a little rushed. It doesn't bother me as much in Jojo since I watch it for the action and over-the-top presentation.

Yeah, not much presented, but there are some. It doesn't bother me too.

The obvious is Joseph. They're like talking for a few scene and in the end they get married.
Sep 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Mar 2015
don't get me started with vampire knight... oh man, the manga even escalated it retardation...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 12, 2017 7:56 PM

Dec 2015
Sasuke x Sakura, the only good that came out of these two retards is Sarada.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 12, 2017 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
Otonashi and Angel from Angel Beats.
It literally happens out of nowhere.
Sep 12, 2017 8:01 PM
Aug 2016
joe_g7 said:
Sasuke x Sakura, the only good that came out of these two retards is Sarada.

Was about to say this, lol. Sakura HAS NO REASON why she likes Sasuke.
Sep 12, 2017 8:01 PM

Apr 2010
The ending of Hayate no Gotoku, the manga anyway. Never finished the anime.
Sep 12, 2017 8:02 PM

Jan 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
Say I love you. I don't know, it had very weird vibes and everything felt forced. They just don't felt like they are dating. Every date felt like a business appointment lol. Maybe I'm unfair with my score, but ... mah. ^^"

Chobits. From what I can remember, it was way too long. That "chiii" was cute in the beginning, but not for so long, even if it got better, and the whole relationship got exhausting. Also the guy was bland.

All the relationships in Shinsekai Yori, which is it's biggest flaw for me imo. Except for Saki and Maria.
I even can't feel a deep friendship most times. They feel more like good schoolmates than actual close friends to me. No need to say that the relationships felt even more forced imo. Especially because Saki says that she loves and loved them (Shun, Maria, Satoru) in their own way at some point in her life... except for Saki and Maria lol.

I have seen parts of Gravitation again and now I feel the cringes towards their relationship. ^^"

The relationships in Shinsekai yori were done like that on purpose and the reason was explained in the story. It's not a flaw.
Sep 12, 2017 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

I even can't feel a deep friendship most times. They feel more like good schoolmates than actual close friends to me. No need to say that the relationships felt even more forced imo. Especially because Saki says that she loves and loved them (Shun, Maria, Satoru) in their own way at some point in her life... except for Saki and Maria lol.

The relationships in Shinsekai yori were done like that on purpose and the reason was explained in the story. It's not a flaw.

I know that reason, but I just didn't feel any connection in their childhood and younger teenage years. It's just my personal feelings towards them. They just didn't feel actually so close to me like they should have been / like the anime wanted to portray that. That aspect was a little bit "dry" without much chemistry.
I only believe Saki when she said that Maria is her soulmate.
I can't believe her loving Shun or Satoru, because there was IMO more tell than show. She just tells that she loves them; I couldn't believe her words so much.
Sep 12, 2017 8:15 PM
Dec 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

I know that reason, but I just didn't feel any connection in their childhood and younger teenage years. It's just my personal feelings towards them. They just didn't feel actually so close to me like they should have been / like the anime wanted to portray that. That aspect was a little bit "dry" without much chemistry.
I can't believe her loving Shun or Satoru, because there was IMO more tell than show. She just tells that she loves them; I couldn't believe her words so much.
She liked Shun due to her past. I still wonder if she ever truly loved Satoru, or used him as a replacement for Shun.
Sep 12, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2016
When you said "forced romance" I just thought of Mirai Nikki.
Sep 12, 2017 8:34 PM

Jul 2016
suzuya_mitsuko said:
Squidster said:

Yeah, not much presented, but there are some. It doesn't bother me too.

The obvious is Joseph. They're like talking for a few scene and in the end they get married.

Tfw Joseph has more sexual tension with his mom than his wife.
Sep 12, 2017 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
every relationship at the end of naruto tbh even naruto x hinata. all of them make no sense and almost none of their relationships were built up at all.
Sep 12, 2017 10:51 PM

Dec 2016
Bulma & Vegeta of course.

One day she's afraid he might find her and kill her in Namek, has nightmares with him, wishes she never stumbles upon him; the next one once on Earth she enthusiastically invites him to stay at her home for as long as he wants lol.

It came so out of nowhere.

(Well, I don't know if that one really qualifies as a romance to begin with, strictly speaking)
Sep 12, 2017 11:00 PM

Jul 2014
Demi-chan. Why does every cute monster girl have to fall in love with the teacher? That's the only part of it I didn't really like, but it was a problem for me.
Oh and SAO too.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Sep 12, 2017 11:06 PM

Oct 2014
fairygood said:
every relationship at the end of naruto tbh even naruto x hinata. all of them make no sense and almost none of their relationships were built up at all.

Yh instead of utilizing the 700 chapters that Naruto had, they needed a dam movie that was dam boring.

Dam now I have to come up with my own answer.....

Well my answer is Bell's Harem from danmachi, seriously all the girls only like him is because he is THE ONLY NICE GUY IN THE WHOLE SHOW (The blacksmith is nice to).
Sep 12, 2017 11:10 PM
Jan 2015
KousakaK said:
Demi-chan. Why does every cute monster girl have to fall in love with the teacher? That's the only part of it I didn't really like, but it was a problem for me.
Oh and SAO too.
All of them? I'm pretty sure, only two of them were and one was a fellow teacher. I didn't get any impression that the others were, they just had close and friendly relationships.
My Queens

Sep 12, 2017 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
Cactii said:
Should we bring Re:Zero back into discussion?
Rem is shit
Emilia is even more shit.
Subaru is a fktard.
His obsession is force AF.
Whale-chan is the only character with proper development.
Felix-chan should have been the MC.

10/10 I completely support this, verbatim.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 12, 2017 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
-Mahesvara said:
KousakaK said:
Oh and SAO too.
All of them? I'm pretty sure, only two of them were and one was a fellow teacher. I didn't get any impression that the others were, they just had close and friendly relationships.

You're probably right, I can't remember it all since it's been a while since I watched it and I didn't pay too much attention. I still thought it was annoying and a little bullshit no matter how many cute monster girls want his dick.
Sep 12, 2017 11:18 PM

Mar 2015
KousakaK said:
only succubus sesei and dullahan that has confirmed feelings toward teacher... the rest still vague..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 12, 2017 11:22 PM
Jun 2017
From what I've seen? SAO

That shit was so forced.

Asuna is not best girl Japan! Why you so weebish?
Sep 12, 2017 11:25 PM
Aug 2017
I am not really sure of what "forced romance " actually means but from what I get it , I think the second season of Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! had the kind of romance which looked forced to me . The first season was great but the second season couldn't follow it up .
Sep 12, 2017 11:27 PM
Jan 2015
KousakaK said:
You're probably right, I can't remember it all since it's been a while since I watched it and I didn't pay too much attention. I still thought it was annoying and a little bullshit no matter how many cute monster girls want his dick.
@bold Well that makes your original comment seem like a really bold statement for a show you hardly paid attention to while watching.

Well like I said it, it was only two and one is a cute monster girl and the other one is a super hot monster woman. So that last part you said isn't accurate either lol.
My Queens

Sep 12, 2017 11:31 PM

Jul 2014
-Mahesvara said:
KousakaK said:
@bold Well that makes your original comment seem like a really bold statement for a show you hardly paid attention to while watching.

Well like I said it, it was only two and one is a cute monster girl and the other one is a super hot monster woman. So that last part you said isn't accurate either lol.

I still don't have to like it no matter how hot any of the girls are, even though the succubus is really hot. But yeah, as I said you're probably right and I should have thought of some other anime that I know better than Demi-chan, but it's still a thing I disliked about the show and felt was kinda forced. After all, this thread is about what each individual person thinks was forced romance.
Sep 12, 2017 11:35 PM

Jun 2008
SAO...not even close.

Fucking terrible!
Sep 12, 2017 11:42 PM
Jan 2015
KousakaK said:

I still don't have to like it no matter how hot any of the girls are, even though the succubus is really hot. But yeah, as I said you're probably right and I should have thought of some other anime that I know better than Demi-chan, but it's still a thing I disliked about the show and felt was kinda forced. After all, this thread is about what each individual person thinks was forced romance.

Never said you had to like it, I'm just pointing out the factual errors in your posts, because the way you put it, made it seem like the series was some run of the mill harem when it isn't like that at all. In retrospective, I also wouldn't say the romance is forced, since there really isn't any romance to begin with in the series.
My Queens

Sep 13, 2017 12:03 AM

Feb 2015
And here we go again

-SAO

I think we're done here now aren't we?
Sep 13, 2017 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
As many people have mentioned, SAO comes to mind. However generally a lot of anime without romance as their main genre tend to shove in romance for some reason, possibly as an attempt to get people more invested in the character interactions. In rare circumstances it works, but often we get a pretty half ass relationship that takes out screen time from an otherwise good show (or if the show is already bad, more comic relief at how bad it is).
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 13, 2017 12:12 AM

Jul 2015
The romance in Rec felt a bit forced to me, despite it being its main focus. Doesn't mean I didn't like it, though.
Sep 13, 2017 12:12 AM

Sep 2016
Charlotte, Akame ga Kill definitely
Sep 13, 2017 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
In recent times probably Kado, shit was so bad it pretty much torpedo'd everyone's interest in the anime and the story.

Maneki-Mew said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

SSY is a good adaptation, but this one of the things that makes more sense in the book in which you get Saki's internal thoughts. Even after getting her memory erased, even after twenty years, her feelings for Shun never wavered.

Sep 13, 2017 1:05 AM

Jun 2011
Maneki-Mew said:

Strangely, Gravitation post marriage has the opposite effect. I think because me and my husband had that sort of unconditional but kinda fucked up relationship at first. Sure it isn't "romantic" But it is a lot like your first relationship... Least it was like mine. Imperfect, messy. partner calling me stupid, me telling my partner his writing was stupid, my partner holding me when I was suicidal and being supportive, me holding my partner when he cried about his PTSD dreams. Me being the bouncy OMG LETS DO ALL THE THINGS. Him being that dark past omgerd not ready you don't know me person. Me saying stupidly "I DON'T CARE WHAT IS IN YOUR PAST" and then him telling me all his OCD thoughts which are pretty awful and me saying stupidly "i still totes love you!" even though it was a lot more to handle than I pretendeded....

Gravitation is a story of unconditional love.

One thing that does suck though is leaving out the part in the manga where
Energetic-NovaSep 13, 2017 1:12 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 13, 2017 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
Raku and gorilla
It was one of the most disgusting relationships I have ever seen
Sep 13, 2017 1:14 AM

Jun 2011
Most forced romance? Orange. Also a pretty disappointing anime.

And for an anime I like
Ranma 1/2.
Energetic-NovaSep 13, 2017 1:18 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 13, 2017 2:08 AM

Aug 2017
Squidster said:

Tfw Joseph has more sexual tension with his mom than his wife.

I really loled at that scene, and even more when I know she's his mom.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

16 by cyandaqil »»
2 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

21 by luckyrune »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

31 by 707supremacist »»
10 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

52 by SuperAdventure »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.