Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Soooo~ intensive. This is Chihayafuru at its finest! Taichi losing 4-9 to Sudo. Chihaya 5-10 to Rion. Is this gonna be Arata-time?! GO ARATA!

I want to think that Arata would start the domino effect which would turn things around for both Chihaya and Taichi! But then again, this manga has been so damn unpredictable from time to time I really don't know.

5/5

shanimebibSep 6, 2017 3:07 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 6, 2017 8:16 AM
Mar 2015
The previews say that Arata is having a tough time against the blunderer and we will see his struggle win his semifinal in Chapter 187
Sep 6, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2009
Well, we know from the first chapter, showing 18 y.o. Chihaya playing for the Queen title, that no matter how much she might be losing right now, in the end she's going to win not only this match, but also the Challenger final, so no intrigue there. It's only with Arata and Taichi that things aren't so certain though I'm willing to bet both of them are going to win.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 6, 2017 9:20 AM
Sep 2014
Honestly, I have a little misunderstanding about Arata and Taichi games. I see that they losing (and I see, why Taichi losing his game) but I am don't understand how their games were. For example in Sudo-Taichi game (in beginning of chapter) I am not confident in sequence of takes: it can be both Sudo take-Taichi take-Sudo mistake-Taichi takes and Sudo take-Sudo take-Sudo mistake-Taichi take. I tried read Japanese spoilers in Google transtator, but it translated very bad. Also I was suprised about Arata losing his match.
Sep 7, 2017 7:30 AM
Mar 2015
TDX has now finished Chapter 186 and is now current on the manga The blunderer gets a lot of space about his job making karuta cards. Apparently Harada told Arata that he is conhfident until he commits a fault The blunderer is not afraid of committing faults Arata needs to be confident he can win even if he commits faults

It was fun hearing Sudo and Taichi 's banter since Sudo is trying to prove that Taichi cannot beat him using Suo's karuta. Sudo views the connection between Chihaya and Taichi as weakness and the reason that they are both five cards down. This connection may become a strength as Chihcya comes back and Taichi is able to worry less about her
Sep 7, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2017
I'm gonna riot if both arata and Taichi loose.

As someone pointed out previously, Chihaya can't loose. But still is frustrating seen her game U_U' when we will see a flawless chihaya, wheen?!?!
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Sep 8, 2017 8:11 AM
Mar 2015
I think that Suetsugu foreshadowed the Meijin Challenger Final when Chihaya imagined she saw Taichi and Arata play while she was watching the Meijin finals last year. Since this is the last Meijin Queen cycle we are going to see I think that we will see Taichi and Arata play in Meijin Qualifier This meets Chihaya's dream that as long as they continue to play karuta they will be together

Chihaya stopped playing karuta from April to June She only resumed playing wit
h the club after the first regional and quit the club after the Nationals She only played one match with Sudo during August Since school began she has been spending half of her time studying for entrance exams and playing karuta with Sudo at Hokulo On the day of the Qualifier she overslept because she was up all night
studying

Suetsugu has emphasized in her twitter account that Chihayafuru is a sports manga In Sports manga like Haikyuu ,Days and Baby Steps you create tension by having the heroes on the brink of defeat and coming back
Sep 8, 2017 8:52 PM

Feb 2011
shanimebib said:
This is Chihayafuru at its finest! Taichi losing 4-9 to Sudo. Chihaya 5-10 to Rion. Is this gonna be Arata-time?! GO ARATA!

I want to think that Arata would start the domino effect which would turn things around for both Chihaya and Taichi! But then again, this manga has been so damn unpredictable from time to time I really don't know.

COME ON, ARATA: YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! He's going to find a solution, a great miracle will shine on the trio so Arata can unite with Chihaya and Taichi again ( that's Arata's motivation on winning the qualifiers): I'm sure it's going to turn out fine: Arata will learn even though he already commits faults in his game play doesn't mean it's over: he's very positive, so he got this I'm sure. :)
sweetangieSep 8, 2017 9:23 PM
Sep 10, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
sweetangie said:
shanimebib said:
This is Chihayafuru at its finest! Taichi losing 4-9 to Sudo. Chihaya 5-10 to Rion. Is this gonna be Arata-time?! GO ARATA!

COME ON, ARATA: YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! He's going to find a solution, a great miracle will shine on the trio so Arata can unite with Chihaya and Taichi again ( that's Arata's motivation on winning the qualifiers): I'm sure it's going to turn out fine: Arata will learn even though he already commits faults in his game play doesn't mean it's over: he's very positive, so he got this I'm sure. :)

Yep. I like it how he is shown someone who is becoming more human in his karuta as the manga progressed. As much as I like Arata with some passion (there's no denying it), I don't want to see him as the pivot of the story like he has been throughout almost entirety of the manga as someone who is revered. Seeing him struggle actually makes me more happy and if his trying to overcome a dire situation becomes an inspiration for Chihaya and Taichi, it would make me happier whether he can overcome it or not. So, the current predicament he has found himself in is really welcomed and I hope it returns something positive for both Chihaya and Taichi rather now than in the long run.

More thoughts on the manga up until now: I have always thought Chihaya's passion for Arata shouldn't be his karuta but his overall being. Arata needs to face these adversities and try to come top not only as a karuta player but as someone who can overcome these challenges like everyone else through struggling. On the other hand, Taichi's rivalry with Arata shouldn't just be his affection for Chihaya but his overall development as someone who can rival Arata through his karuta. Both of these aspects are becoming more and more evident in the story. I know some of the fans brush off the romance side of the story but Arata and Taichi's confessions actually expedited their character development tremendously.

Also, the speed at which Taichi has been improving is formidable. So, I am really looking forward to Arata vs Taichi in the near future. The fact that Chihaya rested her hopes to see Meijin Suou beaten on Arata's shoulders makes me think we are in for a twist there. I am rather surprised at myself that the more I read this manga the more I want to see Taichi challenging Suou for the title instead of Arata despite of the fact that Arata is my favourite character in the manga.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 10, 2017 2:36 PM
Sep 2014
I will say a strange thing, but it will be more interesting, if Arata or Taichi (or them both) will lose their games.At least this is not so boring as classical "Arata vs Taichi", it's really boring. Any another case looks like more interesting for me than this.

But I am afraid that it really will be "Arata vs Taichi'. >_<
Sep 10, 2017 5:56 PM
Mar 2015
Between Arata and Taichi I don't think Chihaya cares who plays Suo Her complaint with him was that in his effort to break her for having Taichi as a "boyfriend" he told her that she would never be queen When they last parted she encouraged Suo to help Shinobu His rjeply to her was that he and Shinobu would be waiting for her at the top of the mountain

Chihaya's dream is to be queen,but her promise to the boys was that they would meet again so long as they continue to play karuta. Her fantasy is that someday she will be playing for the queen and Taichi and Arata will be playing each other for Meijin at the same time

Suo said it would more interesting if he played Taichi in the Meijin final while Shinobu is actively rooting for Arata at the western playing site

Dec 3, 2017 5:13 AM

Jan 2016
I have a feeling that the meijin will retire before the Queen and meijin match. If arata is the representative from the west and taichi from the east, they will automatically be competing for the meijin title. Just a theory though.

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.