Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2017 8:27 AM

Oct 2008
One thing that I could already say on this episode is the Kingdom of Zaloudek is barking-up the wrong tree...Ernesti would just dominate them all!
5/5.
Why did they put sound effects on the OP music of this series!?!? They'd ruin the music of fhana!
matias067Aug 28, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 28, 2017 8:39 AM

Jun 2012
Who the heck discovered making a low vantage point of view during Mechs fight, that was genius....
Aug 28, 2017 9:04 AM

Jan 2011
MysteriousBanana said:
katsu044 said:
wonder where the hell they got all that ether to mass produce 1000s of mech's up till now it seemed like it was pretty hard to make a couple

Ether? You mean the reactors? According to the elves, er, alvs the only difficult part is tuning the reactors, but they solved that problem by using lower quality catalyst crystals sourced from mines which are weaker but easier to work with; the only reason Ikaruga's reactors were difficult to make was because Eru wanted custom reactors that used catalyst crystals from beasts.

I see,was a bit vague since i just short formed Ether Reactors

Aug 28, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2017
Okay, this is starting to get good and less of Ernie fanroboting, I hope that completely stops, coz I cringe everytime that trap does it, he's freaking annoying
Aug 28, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
"It´s okay if we take it, right ?"

I love how Ernesti uses this conflict to capture mechs
Aug 28, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2011
Unless this is going for two course it seemed like a shit idea to really add in the whole war arc now. I'm smelling rushed shit.
Aug 28, 2017 11:10 PM

Apr 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
Unless this is going for two course it seemed like a shit idea to really add in the whole war arc now. I'm smelling rushed shit.

You sir, have terrible sense of smell, plain and simple. This show stank of rushed shit since episode 1.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Aug 29, 2017 1:36 AM
Aug 2017
The enemy: We stole ur mechs, so what?
Us: How dare you!
Enemy: Lol now we gonna raid every country with our new flying ship

#ThugLife
Aug 29, 2017 8:23 AM
Mar 2012
huh plot now?
Isn't this a tension free work sol with mech fanservice?
lol war might barely fit in the 5 episodes, if random countries don't keep popping up.
Some interesting stuff besides the usual great mech battles. Not-egypt with competing tech, future air supremacy fight could be fun, or if Ernesti makes better longrange weapons.
That swordy edgelord could be interesting.
Aug 29, 2017 10:33 AM

Jan 2011
ZingFreelancer said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

You sir, have terrible sense of smell, plain and simple. This show stank of rushed shit since episode 1.

Not really. It was comfortable to watch for the first three episodes, but then it started dragging shit out and eclipsing any chance of a decent plot in favor of showcasing Erine's obsession with mecha. Don't get how these shows continue to be satisfied with spending entire seasons showcasing character quirks and hobbies.
Aug 29, 2017 3:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see that the main villain for the series is making an appearance. So the enemies goal is nothing short of all out conquest of the western lands then figures. To think that the empire of Zaloudek will be the main culprit of these thefts though. Man the empire's advance sure had been swift helped greatly by the reverse engineered suits. The combo of a decoy and an air assault was a great use of tactics though that ensured the empire's victory here. The king sure was brave in deciding to lead the defense of his kingdom to the last to ensure that his daughter's escaped. Its nice that Eleonore's maid managed to convince her to run though. None of them wanted to but they can't let the kings sacrifice go to waste. His love for his daughter sure was strong though and sacrificing himself to ensure her survival is the best prove of this. Being able to overwhelm a kingdom in one night sure is scary though and tells just how powerful the enemy is. To think that a random patrol managed to foil the princess's plan though. Ernesti and the princes assault on the checkpoint though sure was funny but proved that the empire was far from invincible.

Wow Ernesti's new suit sure is blindingly fast. The teamup of the prince and Ernesti sure was effective. Ernesti's logic as always is crazy but still makes sense. Ernesti's new suit sure established a pretty badass rep pretty quickly among the enemy. So the enemies true aim is a forced marriage between the princess and the prince then. Man poor Eleonore though first losing her father now this. That spy woman of the empire sure is good at working the angles though. Nora sure is good at her job at managing to infiltrate the palace that easily. At this point i don't think even flying ships will surprise the members of Ernesti's order more than he has surprised them. The fight between the prince and Dietrich sure was intense. The prince sure was more than just an idiot though and pretty skilled in mecha combat. Overall this episode was pretty strong and introduced a powerful new adversary as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2017 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
I'm gonna be mad if Ikaruga doesn't have a TransAm-like ability. Ikaruga have 2 reactors its similar to Gundam-00 having 2 GN drives.
Sep 2, 2017 9:33 PM

Jul 2017
Whose dumb idea was it to add sound effects in the opening?
Sep 9, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
Opening has SFX now.

So why can't they use the ether reactors for locomotion? Horse-robots may be fine on their own but pulling a cart?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 9, 2017 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
Lithianic said:
Every little detail sound added to the OP makes me go "lolwut?" XD

That must've been the worst artistic decision I have noticed. Literally pasted SFX on top of the music and loud as fuck to top it off.
Sep 9, 2017 8:24 PM

Oct 2016
[quote=kevin_video]
bear808 said:

Okay, so I wasn't the only one that noticed that. Good. Thought I was losing my mind for a second there.

They kept using it. Tch
Oct 16, 2017 3:09 AM
Nov 2010
The war didn't really come out of nowhere. As soon as those dudes stole the prototype knights they telegraphed their intentions in episode 5 with both dialogue, by stealing the mech, and by killing both knights and villagers. It was a declaration of war anyway you look at it.

In terms of giving further hints, I think due to how much they're trying to cover they probably couldn't fit it in. They still had to introduce how they even created a flying mech as well as the invasion of Kuschperchan and the imprisonment of the princess in only 3-4 episodes before getting to the finale. Personally I feel the director has been pretty good at staying on point- the only part I still question is why introduce the series by saying he's from modern japan anyways? So far it hasn't played any significant role to the story and could've used to flesh other parts of the story out.

Actually the original comment I really wanted to say was i thought when Ernie said, "If she [Princess Elnora] was silhouette knight, I would listen to her engine sound to determine what's wrong with her," was pretty hilarious.
Nov 12, 2017 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
A war is starting?
Oh snap. The Black Knights.
Who is that red head girl next to Eleonora? She's cute.
Her name is Isadola.
King dead.
They got captured.
Dat blast.
Kurnie in Ikaruga.
Oh snap. Eleonora is going to be his wife?
You better be his wife. Isadola shouldn't be tainted by his filth.
Nora is there. She's so cute in a maid outfit.
lol at Helvi with a whole sub in her hand.
lol at dude's sword logic. Baka.

Good episode. They added SFX to the OP. Wasn't expecting that. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 13, 2017 10:31 AM

May 2012
Lovely episode, really looking forwards to see what's next.
Jan 9, 2020 11:17 PM

Apr 2009
Good episode, fast pace, lots of action, just little bits of princess drama (ughh!).

So aside from the Levitate Ships (which I suspected to exist and expected to appear way back from the beginning), they've got nothing new? The stolen back arms tech is literally new to the rest of the world but it's old and standard already from Fremmevilla's military POV. Strategically, Fremmevilla just needs more dakka at the border for now.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 16, 2020 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
They added sound effects to the OP, but they're too loud and they suck.
Ikaruga is really strong as expected.
"Shild Triber is impenetrable" That's how you jinx yourself.
Princess in distress ZZzzzz
Dec 30, 2020 6:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's tenser and tenser now I guess with the whole princess part
Apr 25, 2021 11:52 AM

Sep 2012
Ernesti sure build a beast this time lol

Nick name reaper so fitting lol

Mroujeee said:
"It´s okay if we take it, right ?"

I love how Ernesti uses this conflict to capture mechs

remember hes past life, he was mech action-figure collector new he can collect real ones lol
Sugram22Apr 25, 2021 11:56 AM
Oct 4, 2022 9:16 PM
Jan 2017
So, does anything important happens in this episode? You know, aside from exposition and fight scenes?

No? Didn't think so.
Oct 22, 2023 11:00 PM

Nov 2022
Even they steal the tech, they wouldn't have been able to create the heart for mass production as it was made in secret. Don't know how other nations can mass produce the robots.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

58 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:49 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

64 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

43 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.