Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 19, 2017 10:59 AM

Dec 2015
very fun episode!! finally more important information is getting revealed.

can't believe that there are just 5 epsiodes left :( i'll obviously start reading the manga when s2 ends!
Aug 19, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2010
What an intense episode. Gonna write a full comment about this episode later!
Aug 19, 2017 12:06 PM
Nov 2016
So we finally got the story about the origin of one for all and all for one.

Kind interesting to see how everyone else has improved.
Aug 19, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2016
time for padding training arc content
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 19, 2017 12:18 PM
Mar 2016
lTl__lTl said:
whuu... the final boss is appear... and i think its so OP .... but why he can't heal himself !!

next is final exam which is fight !

i can't wait !

Because as he said himself, he wasn't able to find someone to steal a healing quirk from in time. In fact, he said he only found a regeneration quirk after his wounds were already healed. So he couldn't heal himself because he had no quirk to do so.

This honestly makes me believe that he can't hold all quirks he stole forever or he can't have more than a specific number of stolen quirks at the same time. Because I bet he would've found some kind of regeneration quirk since he's most likely way beyond 100 years old. I mean, there have been 8 OfA users prior to Deku, so if each of them was holding the power for 12.5 years on average (not including the time after it was passed on), it would be 100 years since AfO gave the power to his little brother. The average is probably even higher than just 12.5 years though, so it might be even more than 100 years ago. I doubt AfO didn't find any healing quirk in that time, so maybe he can only use the quirk as long as the person he stole it from stays alive.
Aug 19, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode! It was light and fun and I'm glad to see everyone back together at school!

But this episode is really all about the talk between All Might and young Midoriya...it was a big relief to finally hear All Might explain the origins of One for All and the story was well adapted...but when Midoriya says he can do anything with All Might at his side it almost broke my heart as I watched All Might struggle and ultimately fail to tell Midoriya that he won't always be there at his side...so sad

On a much happier note I'm super excited to see the final exam and summer vacation episodes! A small break from the intensity will be a nice way to wrap up the second season (although there is likely to be a major event at the end of the season that acts as a cliff hanger for season 3) In any case I can't wait to see what happens next!

Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA!!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 19, 2017 12:55 PM
Aug 2017
now on about all mights death. what i feel is gonna happen is the guy with all for one is gonna kill him and its gonna be like some naruto shit where deku gets strong as hell and probably goes ove 100%. and captures the guy with all for one
Aug 19, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
SenpieX said:
I expected this but It's still kinda sad

Quote reminded me of shigatsu wa kimi no uso :(

I didn't like at all, why does it always happen?

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Aug 19, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
Back o school and they do a race, all might with the secret of OFA and AFO.
Aug 19, 2017 1:18 PM
Dec 2016
WHY DIDNT THE INVISIBLE GIRL BECOME VISIBLE WHEN AIZAWA USED HIS QUIRK?
Aug 19, 2017 1:20 PM
Aug 2017
Lord_of_Anime said:
Good episode! It was light and fun and I'm glad to see everyone back together at school!

But this episode is really all about the talk between All Might and young Midoriya...it was a big relief to finally hear All Might explain the origins of One for All and the story was well adapted...but when Midoriya says he can do anything with All Might at his side it almost broke my heart as I watched All Might struggle and ultimately fail to tell Midoriya that he won't always be there at his side...so sad

On a much happier note I'm super excited to see the final exam and summer vacation episodes! A small break from the intensity will be a nice way to wrap up the second season (although there is likely to be a major event at the end of the season that acts as a cliff hanger for season 3) In any case I can't wait to see what happens next!

Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA!!!
i think hes gonna go over 100%
Aug 19, 2017 1:27 PM

Apr 2017
Adrian_Grant said:
now on about all mights death. what i feel is gonna happen is the guy with all for one is gonna kill him and its gonna be like some naruto shit where deku gets strong as hell and probably goes ove 100%. and captures the guy with all for one

lol no don't worry so far in the manga there was no nakama power-up bullshit.tho there were some plot armors but for me that didn't affect anything so yea don't worry about that

Aug 19, 2017 1:28 PM

Oct 2015
All right boys, its time for the theory. There are no manga spoilers here but this does contain some information from the author in the manga volumes of the chapters these episodes are adapted from so I'm gonna wrap it in a spoiler anyway.

Aug 19, 2017 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
MoonStar9 said:
All right boys, its time for the theory. There are no manga spoilers here but this does contain some information from the author in the manga volumes of the chapters these episodes are adapted from so I'm gonna wrap it in a spoiler anyway.

jesus this is so fucked up

Aug 19, 2017 1:45 PM

Mar 2017
That was a really good episode really set the scene of whats coming :]

So from what I got the sick brother was given the quirk to stock power by All for One but before then he also had a quirk to transfer a quirk.

Thus he "cultivated" and refined the power making it stronger and then transfers it to the next person to make the quirk stronger and so on, the cycle begins making it One for All.
This is my signature
Aug 19, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2017
My reaction:

Really sad that we have to wait for two weeks for the next episode. But the season is almost over :(

Aug 19, 2017 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
G_Spark233 said:
The reactions to Bakugou's hair were priceless!

I'm so proud of how Midoriya has come. Although he still clearly needs more practice.

Cool to hear the tale of all for one and once for all. One for all looks terrifying!

This face is magnificent!

I fuckin' died at that part ! XD
Aug 19, 2017 2:00 PM

Dec 2015
I thought he would show his Full Cowl, a shame that he slipped and didn't get first place.

So One For All and All For One are destined to fight. Looking forward to that!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 19, 2017 2:24 PM

Jul 2015
Druida_Negao said:
WHY DIDNT THE INVISIBLE GIRL BECOME VISIBLE WHEN AIZAWA USED HIS QUIRK?

His Quirk doesn't work on those who have permanent mutation Quirks. As far as we are aware, she cannot turn her invisibility off.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Aug 19, 2017 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
Episode went from silly training to serious revelations so quick. It was sad seeing the possibility of All Might dying, considering what his role in the series is.
Seeing how that All for One dude was terribly scarred, I wonder how brutal the beadown All Might gave to him was.

Also, that preview makes me want to see more of Mina, too bad that won't be probably the case :/
Aug 19, 2017 3:01 PM

Oct 2015
I couldn't remember the first half in the manga for the life of me :/ but the second half definitely struck the feels a lot harder, for some reason after seeing it animated the possibility of All Might dying is so much more impactful.

I want to get onto the final exam already, need that sweet, sweet bakugou screen time.

(But atleast with that after credits scene s3 is almost a definite)
Aug 19, 2017 3:18 PM
May 2017
Everyone felt proud to see how Deku showed how much he progressed over the internship during the race.

The light-heartedness of the classroom returns and is a nice change of pace from Stain.

The story of one for all and all for one is done really well and is interesting.

What all Might wanted to say to Deku is predictable and emotionally storng but i cried on the inside.

NEXT EPISODE LOOKS HELLA HYPE!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 19, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2013
Mineta is my soulmate. เผผ ใค โ—•_โ—• เผฝใค
Aug 19, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that was a cool story.
Aug 19, 2017 3:52 PM

Feb 2010
Loved this! Was very entertaining and silly but also very meaningful and sad. I hope all might is here to stay for a long time. I really love his character.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Aug 19, 2017 4:22 PM

Apr 2015
Only 5 episodes left, that's make me feel sad.

At least I still can read manga every week.

The last part of episode was so sad. :(

4/5
Aug 19, 2017 5:18 PM

Jun 2017
PekiNN said:

4/5

Do you think they will announce a new season soon? I hope so but i don't know how far the manga is.
Aug 19, 2017 5:33 PM

Apr 2015
Randomboi said:
PekiNN said:

4/5

Do you think they will announce a new season soon? I hope so but i don't know how far the manga is.

There is definitely enough material for the new season, but sales are pretty low, so I don't think new season will be out any time soon.
Aug 19, 2017 5:44 PM
May 2017
A great episode that gave us not only the origin of One For All and All For One but also this superhuman society as a whole.

I was perfectly accepting of a world where super powers exist but I always wondered why the world looked so normal despite Quirks being implied to have existed for at least a century. This episode answered a lot of questions and served as an examination of how superhumans effect society.
The examination doesn't really make too much sense but All Might was pretty vague so I'll trust that the writer is either still working on this worlds history or knows the audience wont think about it too hard.
Aug 19, 2017 6:21 PM

Dec 2014
okay the end though...now we know the true origin of league of super villians...wow I did not expect that
Aug 19, 2017 6:49 PM

Jun 2017
haha Mineta you pervert
Aug 19, 2017 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode, interesting backstory One for All and All for One are pretty clever names.
Aug 19, 2017 7:36 PM

Jul 2017
yes finally some back stories on All for one and One for all. And man all might isn't ever going to tell deku that's he's going to die...and probably wont till he's literally dead

Aug 19, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2015
Great EP!

- ROFL! Kirishima and Sero roasting Bakugou!
- The Mobility activity was fun! So good to see Deku's development!
- Nice one Jirou! LOL! Mineta deserves that! ;D but I gotta say I cracked up at his "My little mineta is already a criminal act" XD
- That "eat this" face of Deku!
- "Justice always comes from evil" All might explaining the origin of OFA!
- The post credit scene! 5 more episode! OH BOY! time to get hyped up again! Next episodes to come are the End of term Examination!

Aug 19, 2017 9:04 PM
Aug 2017
MoonStar9 said:

I'm not gonna lie I had a feeling that doc was a fucking piece of shit
Aug 19, 2017 9:08 PM
Aug 2017
Adrian_Grant said:
MoonStar9 said:

I'm not gonna lie I had a feeling that doc was a fucking piece of shit
btw wat was the post credit scene about
Aug 19, 2017 9:24 PM

Jun 2017
All Might just said he might not be able to be there with Midoriya in the future; that could just mean that All Might will lose his powers and thus lose his place as a hero.
Aug 19, 2017 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
The origin of 'one for all' didn't seem to be same thing that I expected. This is where I think plot is dark and deku is involved in this...

Great episode! Dat fanservice was kinda fun!
Aug 19, 2017 11:10 PM

Jan 2010
Well, the second half of this episode was simply mind blowing!!!! The whole scene from the moment Izuku entered the room was really intense and it just kept building up. I held my breath, eyes wide, and on the edge of my seat. So intense. Then Izuku said he will be okay as long as All Might is there with him. There. Right there. I started to get a bit too emotional and got teary eyed. BECAUSE I KNOW FROM THAT SENTENCE ALONE THAT SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ALL MIGHT. And his next sentences just prove it right. I’m a bit on emotional wreck after that… I stared blankly at the ED sequence, unable to form words, and just… sad. I’m not ready. Never going to be ready if Horikoshi-sensei really plan to kill All Might. I hope he will just lose his power or something *cri*

And then, there is the scene after the ED. Finally they mentioned the summer camp I’m so hyped about!! But first they have to pass the final exam! I’M SO EXCITED FOR KACCHAN x DEKU WORKING TOGETHER.

Now, let's get back a bit on the first half of the episode! (When the athmosphere is still light *cri*) Honestly, I love scenes like this, where 1-A class just joking around and talking. (It’s going to be long and full of screenshots, so, under the cut!)

I guess I’ll binge watch the next arc, so I won’t be watching BnHA for a month (the waiting for Stain Arc was HELL, but the binge watch totally worthed it and I will do it again for this upcoming arc)
Aug 19, 2017 11:20 PM
Oct 2007
Shouldn't this be one of the Big 5? Big 3 would be Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Fairy Tail was sort of counted in so that's Big 4.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2017 11:46 PM

Dec 2007
TheEnhancedExe said:
lTl__lTl said:
whuu... the final boss is appear... and i think its so OP .... but why he can't heal himself !!

next is final exam which is fight !

i can't wait !

Because as he said himself, he wasn't able to find someone to steal a healing quirk from in time. In fact, he said he only found a regeneration quirk after his wounds were already healed. So he couldn't heal himself because he had no quirk to do so.

This honestly makes me believe that he can't hold all quirks he stole forever or he can't have more than a specific number of stolen quirks at the same time. Because I bet he would've found some kind of regeneration quirk since he's most likely way beyond 100 years old. I mean, there have been 8 OfA users prior to Deku, so if each of them was holding the power for 12.5 years on average (not including the time after it was passed on), it would be 100 years since AfO gave the power to his little brother. The average is probably even higher than just 12.5 years though, so it might be even more than 100 years ago. I doubt AfO didn't find any healing quirk in that time, so maybe he can only use the quirk as long as the person he stole it from stays alive.

That or it could be similar to how Deadpool's regen works as in it only regenerates the body to the state in which he got it from. So if he acquired the quirk when his body was half dead then the regen quirk will only heal him up to that point, hence why he is not dead yet at the same time not fully recovered.
Aug 20, 2017 12:17 AM

Dec 2013
luccide said:
Shouldn't this be one of the Big 5? Big 3 would be Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Fairy Tail was sort of counted in so that's Big 4.

There is no big 5. There will only ever be the big 3.
Aug 20, 2017 12:28 AM
Jan 2016
Why All Might still can't tell Izuku about the Seventh Holder? Is he still afraid that it'll affect Izuku's mental? I think All Might must tell him sooner. Btw, great episode and really makes me excited. And look at that All for One villain, look at all of those cables supporting him, ckck is he really desperate to live only for becomes a villain? Can't wait for the next eps about the final exam, it's gonna be tough wkwk
And Mineta...you're always the best wkwkwk
Aug 20, 2017 1:26 AM

May 2015
That was really sad line from All Might. and kinda sad this season will end soon.

Good episode!

Aug 20, 2017 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
Oh nooo. I missed all my babies from this class. ALL OF THEM!

"My little Mineta is already a criminal act!" JESUS CHRIST, MINETA! Mineta owned this episode! Hahahaha. I hate him so much I'm going to lose my mind!

Welcome back, Bakugo's hair! Haha.

Damnit, Todoroki, you get finer and finer after each episode. Jeez.

What a glorious and scary episode because of All Might's revelation about the origin of One for All.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(๏ผ^-^)๏ผโ˜†โ™ชโ™ชโ˜†๏ผผ(^๏ผ^๏ผผ)
Aug 20, 2017 6:00 AM

Mar 2016
Great episode on this one, because of every history about One for All and All for One is revealed!
They create part by part on just one episode. (Really nice job.)
It's funny how I see Deku's face like All might, lel.

*5/5 Great episode \(OuO)/
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Aug 20, 2017 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
So we had a little of the story behind One For All power, it originated from the All For One. The power of "good" appeared from the power of "evil"... well xD
But there is still something that All Might fears...

Let's stop for a second to talk about this face xD wtf ahahaha probably the best face in this anime hahaha 10/10

@G_Spark233
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 20, 2017 6:35 AM
Mar 2016
WhaleCostume said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

That or it could be similar to how Deadpool's regen works as in it only regenerates the body to the state in which he got it from. So if he acquired the quirk when his body was half dead then the regen quirk will only heal him up to that point, hence why he is not dead yet at the same time not fully recovered.

Actually, I'm a manga reader, I don't know much more than you about how his quirk works. Only that it seems like he can use the quirks he stole as if they were his own. So he could most likely use a regen quirk more than just once.

My theory that he can only use the stolen quirk as long as the person is alive would require though that a stolen quirk isn't considered AfO's own quirk, but still as the quirk from the person he stole it from. But once he grants it to someone else, it would become the quirk of the person he granted it to.
The other possibility would be that he can only have a certain number of stolen quirks at the same time. So basically if he wants a new one, he has to get rid of a previous one and grant it to someone.

Another thing that I would want to know is if he can grant his own quirk "All for One" to someone else. As his younger brother was able to pass One for All onto someone else, I bet he can pass All for One onto someone else as well. If this is actually possible, I bet he'll pass it onto Shigaraki sometime in the future since AfO said this episode that he wants Shigaraki to become the next "him".
Aug 20, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2016
Mineta, y-you peepig tom...

So spoilers I've seen on the net are true about All Might's condition and the All for One revelation.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.