Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we got a talk about the Sharingan this episode. Sarada is learning! Its abilities, the Uchiha Clan, etc.

One of the photos showed Sasuke during his brief time when he became an Akatsuki member. So much nostologic imo. I think this episode was much better than the previous despite having the background storytelling.
Aug 9, 2017 3:04 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Cool to see the kids train with their parents.

Poor Sarada all she wants is to know more about Sasuke.
R.I.P House.
ChouChou is hilarious.

Sasuke already in action against a mysterious person. Looking forward to Naruto Gaiden.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 9, 2017 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
Chouchou finds it hard to believe that Choji and Karui is her parents? That's amazing lol

The amount of angst in this episode with Sarada. She's definitely an uchiha...

Sakura's reaction to the house being destroyed was hilarious.
Aug 9, 2017 3:30 AM

Dec 2015
This is one good adaptation of the first couple of chapters. The added scenes with Sarada researching Sasuke and the Uchiha put a lot more weight behind her search for the truth. Can't wait to see more.
Aug 9, 2017 3:45 AM

Jun 2012
Not the WORST episode I've seen so far.

It was average.. And finally I think we're getting to the main story. Assuming this episode is going to Lead into Sasuke fighting that guy and then maybe he'll come back to the village. Which will THEN lead us to our main story.. There's no way these episodes have been the main story. 100% these 18 episodes have been filler.

This is speculation not spoiler.
Aug 9, 2017 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was a phenomenal start to the Gaiden arc.

Was good seeing her learning about her clan, but you'd think in the 12 years she's been alive Sakura could be told her some basic facts about the clan

Gotta tell the truth though when Sarada was constantly fighting with Sakura I was mad because I could get where she was coming from but Sakura knew next to nothing of where Sasuke was or when he was going to come back.
Aug 9, 2017 3:49 AM
Mar 2015
This show is getting interesting again, that's nice!
Aug 9, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2015
Hyped to see Sasuke back in play ^^ Sarada gonna activate Sharingan soon. :3
Aug 9, 2017 4:38 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode! Very curious to see more.

I can understand why they haven't told Sarada anything due to the Uchiha clan's tragic history, and knowing her Dad's past crimes, it isn't something easy to tell to a kid. Definitely sympathize with Sarada.
Aug 9, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
RIP house.
Sarada thinks that Karin is her mother.
It's great that we will see Sasuke again.
Aug 9, 2017 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Karin was her mother but that'll just give Sakura no purpose to be in the show at all. I don't know it just already seems that she's been irrelevant from the show in the beginning but this is harsh.
Aug 9, 2017 5:42 AM

May 2017
Whoah Sharinnegan reverting to Rinnegan

Now the idiots who thinks Sasuke's left eye is just a Rinnegan can STFU with their stupid theories

Chou Chou is best girl lol
Aug 9, 2017 5:44 AM

Dec 2011
Oh seems like we are getting the gaiden arc.
That was a nice episode.
Aug 9, 2017 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
And now it begins, the story that I like to call "baby mama drama." I think I already mentioned this last week but I found this Gaiden arc to be quite stupid when you look at its story overall, especially when you consider the fact that Sarada's train of thought is literally "this woman wears glasses, I wear glasses, she MUST be my real mom." I can understand why she would jump to that conclusion, but I find it dumb because I have a friend who wears glasses, but neither of his parents do, and my half-brother has perfect vision, but our mom and his biological dad both wear glasses......whatever, I'll just enjoy the ride and the opportunity to see this animated. What's perhaps going to be the most difficult part of watching this will be seeing

Chouchou is already annoying me in this episode, and she's gonna be around for pretty much the whole arc. You can't see Choji and Karui being your parents? Ok. I like some of the additions that were made in the episode, particularly the scene with Sarada researching about the Uchihas at the library. Also, some events were rearranged or changed a bit, but I feel like that helped the episode flow better than the manga counterpart. The end of the episode was also pretty exciting.
thebrentinator24Aug 9, 2017 5:54 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 9, 2017 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
Information about sharingan...thats nice to see

Also sasuke got his action again at the end...hype for next ep

Finally we are back to the main story...
Aug 9, 2017 6:42 AM
Mar 2014
About time! Been waiting for this for ages
Aug 9, 2017 7:39 AM

Jun 2015
Sakura's reaction when the house got destroyed was hilarious. She's been in a lot of stress. Sarada is trying to find out who she is. She thinks Karin is her mother. Got to see Sasuke again. Someone ambushed him.
Aug 9, 2017 8:32 AM

Oct 2015
I'm glad this adaption's finally started. I don't remember too much from the manga, so I'm fine with watching this smaller arc.
This episode 3/5 for me. I found it boring, even though it's the first episode of this arc.

I like it how noone seems to be worried about Sakura's destroyed house, except her. In real life it's a disaster that ruins people's lives, but here everyone seems sooooo chilled about it.
Aug 9, 2017 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
It's a good thing they started adapting this arc.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 9, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2008
Pretty good start to the Gaiden arc and they actually make you feel bad for Sarada. For anyone who hasn't started the anime yet, you can start here because your not missing anything (a few funny moments here and there but not worth sitting through 17 episodes IMO). I actually thought that this was where the anime was going to start honestly, but I guess they wanted to have the manga gain some ground first. I also have a feeling that in an arc later...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazAug 10, 2017 3:12 PM
Aug 9, 2017 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
I never liked Sasuke and him not being there as a good father just makes me hate him more.

Also Naruto just needs to beat Boruto ... he needs some damn RES PECK
Also WHERE ARE MY POWERFUL females! Like why are they all being trained by their fathers? Like as soon as they become wives they aren't amazing ninjas who do missions? Sakura doesn't counted since the bum ass father (it's a joke Ik hes doing weird ninja stuff but he could at least be a little like Naruto and try sometimes) ain't there really.

Where is the child support money! THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW SASUKE UCHIHA
UrbanJahtsAug 9, 2017 9:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2017 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
Sarada pondering her birth and chouchou too.
Sakura destroys her house.
Aug 9, 2017 10:12 AM

Sep 2015
Not even his daughter know Chouji his no fat mode
Into the Internet!
Aug 9, 2017 10:36 AM

Jan 2017
omfd
ive just given this series a serious level up
LVL 6 ->->->LVL 7
boruto has officially become interesting
Aug 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2013
congrats Goku...Sasuke took over the title as worse anime dad
Aug 9, 2017 11:07 AM
May 2012
they don't even have a proper family picture.
looking forward to this arc because i like sasuke and sarada is okay for now.
ending song is so good.
Aug 9, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah finally this arc. :)

Happy to see Sasuke in this episode!

Next week episode is gonna be lit.

4/5
Aug 9, 2017 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked this episode with the whole father and kid theme and Sarada searching for answers about her dad and her birth it was just a really good episode overall.

Nice to see the introduction of a villain and seeing Sasuke briefly engage in combat...OMG I almost broke a window fangirl screaming so loud!

I'm interested to learn more about this "boy with the sharingan" the next few episodes should be really interesting...I can't wait!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 9, 2017 12:54 PM

Apr 2014
Ehh, now I'm glad I read the manga before this, it was much more enjoyable compared to this adaptation.
Aug 9, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2008
Fucking hype to see this. Intro episode to the story. Looks like we'll be getting to see Naruto in action next episode too.
Aug 9, 2017 2:51 PM

Feb 2012
And so begins Sarada's descend into the history of the Uchiha bloodline lol.

Very good episode as well as the animation, since this Gaiden is written by Kishi himself they had to step it up a little and bring out that good stuff and OST.
Aug 9, 2017 3:11 PM
Sep 2015
Does anyone else feel that this new ED should have been the new OP?
Aug 9, 2017 3:24 PM

Jul 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
And now it begins, the story that I like to call "baby mama drama." I think I already mentioned this last week but I found this Gaiden arc to be quite stupid when you look at its story overall, especially when you consider the fact that Sarada's train of thought is literally "this woman wears glasses, I wear glasses, she MUST be my real mom." I can understand why she would jump to that conclusion, but I find it dumb because I have a friend who wears glasses, but neither of his parents do, and my half-brother has perfect vision, but our mom and his biological dad both wear glasses......whatever, I'll just enjoy the ride and the opportunity to see this animated. What's perhaps going to be the most difficult part of watching this will be seeing

Totally agree with you on most everything you said. I won't go into details just in case, but what you said about [spoiler] is already happening and is very nerve racking for me because I want to tell them, but i won't. I will just save it when all is said and done.

And to those calling this "the main story", IT'S BEEN THE MAIN STORY FROM THE BEGINNING. This whole Boruto anime is one clusterfuck of after stories, rolled into a cohesive arc, including this one.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonAug 13, 2017 1:09 AM

"Wash, tell me I'm pretty."
Aug 9, 2017 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
Sakura 1 House 0.

Yay Sasuke's back.
Aug 9, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2015
Goddamit Sasuke at least give your daughter a call... *Sight*
Aug 9, 2017 4:43 PM

Aug 2015
Oh nice! I really really liked this episode. Finally are some interesting stuff happening. Finally she questions what the heck her dad is doing. Next episode is gonna be good.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 9, 2017 5:49 PM
May 2017
This episode was good... kind of.
Its major flaw is that it pretty much admits that are new main cast are redesigned clones of the original cast. Which given the themes of this episode makes sense but it also makes the characters a lot less interesting and a lot less memorable.

For example ff I told people that Shikamaru's son Shikadai was a time traveling younger version of Shikamaru it would be really hard to prove that I'm lying.

Where this episode shines is of course with Sarada. She's developed from her last episode and is struggling with a well made identity crisis that leads to some great drama.
Even better it turns out Sakura is some kind of Emotional tank. Its interesting and it makes sense for her character.
Her passing out for a day is kind of dumb though.

I want to see where this goes and what Sasuke's reaction is to his daughter. If Sasuke's answer is Middle Aged Angst someone (preferably one of his family members) better punch him in the face.
Aug 9, 2017 8:16 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, glad to see that they're adapting Gaiden well.

Can't really say much since I already know everything here but they portrayed Sarada's angst really well.

Sakura destroying the house made me laugh. xD

Sasuke!!!
Aug 9, 2017 8:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing the picture of Baby and Toddler Sarada made me melt...She is too adorable and she deserves to be loved and taken care of by you Papa SasGOAT >.<
Aug 9, 2017 10:51 PM
Jun 2011
Katsu-kun said:
Ehh, now I'm glad I read the manga before this, it was much more enjoyable compared to this adaptation.
i actully enjoyed both the first chapter of the manga and the first episode or gaiden both
Aug 10, 2017 4:54 AM

Jul 2016
Saskue...

urrghhh... Fuck that shit.

More Shikamaru
Aug 10, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
dannymilk said:
congrats Goku...Sasuke took over the title as worse anime dad

That title belong to Goku.

Aug 10, 2017 11:19 AM

May 2009
I still can't get over how Sakura doesn't even have a family photo with her, Sasuke, and Sarada and had to put a fucking image framed of Sasuke and friends in goddamn Akatsuki gear. It's like framing your mugshot and putting it in your main room.
Aug 10, 2017 9:58 PM

Aug 2016
I always like know a little more the history of the clan Uchiha, I hope Sarada can solve all her doubts and have a talk with Sasuke... Good episode 5/5.

Aug 11, 2017 3:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well compared to Sarada who places logic and rules above all else i guess Boruto can be seen as a free spirit to her. Interesting seeing the new generation get trained by their parents though. Boruto is behaving exactly like his dad was when he was little lol. Like father like son. Hiding in the sewers eh how orginal. Lol getting freezed by Shikamaru while being watched by Sarada and Shikadai lol. Sarada really misses not having a father around eh. Can't blame her i guess. I like how this arc focuses on expansion of Sarada's personality and character though. Being able to train with your parents must be something that Sarada misses. Well Sasuke is hardly even in the village so i can't blame Sarada for feeling lonely and out of place when family is discussed. Given the bloodline it will make sense that Sakura will be concerned since Sarada may gain the eye. Nice to see Sarada is interested in the history of the clan though. It will make sense i guess that data relating to Sasuke and his clan are restricted given what happened in the last war. I guess Sarada's lonelyness really has reached the limit eh.

But then again its not easy to say to Sarada that her father is a war criminal thats not allowed to enter the village right. Lol Sakura's great strength managed to destroy her house lol. Hmm so the family photo was actually one of Sasuke and his group eh. Funny how Sarada would think that Karin will be his mother instead of Sakura because of the glasses. It certainly seems strange that there are no records of Sarada's birth in the village. Nice to see Chocho's whole family though. Nice that we get to see Sasuke again though. So it looks like Sarada is going to ask Naruto about Sasuke eh. This arc is starting to get pretty interesting.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 3:14 AM

Jan 2016
Finally we get Gaiden animated!!
Aug 11, 2017 7:08 AM

Oct 2008
I wanna make Sarada the main char on this series just because of she's the 2nd Sharingan bearer and next gen Sharingan holder and female to boot!...anyways Sarada has some serious identity crisis towards her parents...but damn Chouchou also has it but man...not really convincing!
I eager to see what kind of unique powers Sarada's Shaningan has...and if she ever theoretically reached Mangekyou Sharingan i wonder if she has a unique never seen before ocular design of her eyes!
4/5.

Aug 11, 2017 11:54 PM

Mar 2017
Data records for Sasuke is restricted? You would think that they at least would consider giving them to Sarada since it's her dad we're talking about here.
Aug 12, 2017 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
Team Taka was mentioned
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.