Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 9:05 AM

May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awwwwww settie super cute xD
This ep makes me smile until the end ep lol love it!!! More kousettie pls!!!!
Settie is waifu material tho, I want him too xD
livexevilJul 29, 2017 11:22 AM
Jul 29, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2017
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I've been waiting all freaking week for this. LOVE, LOVE Setagawa x Kousuke, so much passion i'm dying.

Perfect. Perfect. 10/10. I'm so happy right now i'm not even joking. Can't WAIT for all the development that's to come :v

KannoSugakoJul 29, 2017 11:04 AM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jul 29, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
They added a bunch of filler stuff, like Kousuke's cop friend showing up and the girl making him jealous. Why the fuck.

>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 29, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 2017
PFFFFPFFFFFFFT!

Kousuke kisses Settie then tells him to get a girlfriend?!

What the ****!?

Fangirl screams echoed throughout the house. If only the kiss wasn't censored.

Hasekura is still terrifying.
Jul 29, 2017 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
I CANNOT FUNCTION RN
Jul 29, 2017 10:21 AM
Jun 2016
why the hell they are censoring kisses in a BL anime??! and now the "girlfriend" thing, i though that the main couple would keep me watching despite the side cringey couple..well they didnt...hopefully we'll get some non stereotypical bl stuff in the future, this one ill sadly drop...
Jul 29, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2017
milana_walters said:
why the hell they are censoring kisses in a BL anime??! and now the "girlfriend" thing, i though that the main couple would keep me watching despite the side cringey couple..well they didnt...hopefully we'll get some non stereotypical bl stuff in the future, this one ill sadly drop...
actually they're not censoring it..the kiss part are same as in the manga(kiss behind book), that kiss was mean to be like that, they didnt change or censor it.
livexevilJul 29, 2017 10:39 AM
Jul 29, 2017 10:43 AM
Jun 2016
livexevil said:
milana_walters said:
actually they're not censoring it..the kiss part are same as in the manga(kiss behind book), that kiss was mean to be like that, they didnt change or censor it.

didnt read the manga so didnt know that sry, but they didnt show other couples kisses either, they showed trains and doors instead lol i cant help but see a pattern
Jul 29, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2017
milana_walters said:
livexevil said:

didnt read the manga so didnt know that sry, but they didnt show other couples kisses either, they showed trains and doors instead lol i cant help but see a pattern
its okay lol, as for the other couples(haseken)...they didnt show that part, because it doesnt happend in the manga(?)basically they adding that new part kiss below train in the show only, and for at the rooftop part, what happend in the rooftop is not a kiss, in the manga hasekura forced himself on kensuke and start jerking him off lmao so ofc thats need to be cut off/censored, they did give us the kiss part between hasekura and kensuke at stairs.
livexevilJul 29, 2017 10:53 AM
Jul 29, 2017 10:56 AM
Jun 2016
livexevil said:
milana_walters said:

its okay lol, as for the other couple(haseken)...they didnt show that part, because it doesnt happend in the manga(?)basically they adding that kiss below train in the show, and for at rooftop part, what happend in the rooftop is not a kiss, in the manga hasekura forced himself on kensuke and start jerking him off lmao so thats need to be cut off/censored, they did give us the kiss part at stairs.

uh oh, didnt know it gets so explicit in the manga. urgh now i hate the side couple more, when this abusive yaoi trope is gonna die

at the stairs it wasnt actually a kiss, didnt he just bite him? i guess next eps will show if they continue censoring them
Jul 29, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2017
milana_walters said:
livexevil said:
its okay lol, as for the other couple(haseken)...they didnt show that part, because it doesnt happend in the manga(?)basically they adding that kiss below train in the show, and for at rooftop part, what happend in the rooftop is not a kiss, in the manga hasekura forced himself on kensuke and start jerking him off lmao so thats need to be cut off/censored, they did give us the kiss part at stairs.

uh oh, didnt know it gets so explicit in the manga. urgh now i hate the side couple more, when this abusive yaoi trope is gonna die

at the stairs it wasnt actually a kiss, didnt he just bite him? i guess next eps will show if they continue censoring them
yeah kinda tired with the rapey seme trope :/
Ah at stairs part it's a kiss/forced kiss by hasekura but kensuke bited him, because he doesnt want to lol I think its a good thing they censored a bit that kiss between those two bcause it got a bit rapey from hasekura side, I doesnt want to see one sided forcefull kiss xD in the manga they didnt kiss again after that until a few more ch after they dating.
livexevilJul 29, 2017 11:06 AM
Jul 29, 2017 11:05 AM

Jan 2017
milana_walters said:
livexevil said:

Just really hope not but i guess they kinda will, obviously with the more explicit sexual stuff at least *sights*
But if it's worth of something, the S x K couple it's actually cute. Don't mind the "girlfriend" thing, have faith haha :)
Vzla-IT

Jul 29, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
I think the 'girlfriend' part was Kousuke being like "if you are so straight as you say, then this kiss made you feel nothing. Go ahead and get a girlfriend lmao". Since Settie was denying his feelings and all of that.
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Jul 29, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2017
amakki said:
I think the 'girlfriend' part was Kousuke being like "if you are so straight as you say, then this kiss made you feel nothing. Go ahead and get a girlfriend lmao". Since Settie was denying his feelings and all of that.
yep, I think that was what he mean too xD
Jul 29, 2017 11:47 AM

Jul 2008
ugh, Kousuke is seriously getting on my nerves. Dropped.
Jul 29, 2017 4:21 PM

Mar 2017
Hasekura sees right through Setagawa. I'm so ready for next week ugh come faster xc
Jul 29, 2017 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
Hasekura's mean.

Kousuke's mean.

Poor Setagawa, he's precious and must be protected (Kensuke's a moron but he's adorable too)
Jul 29, 2017 6:06 PM
Jul 2015
Are all the semes in this anime pieces of trash or what? No need to be forceful or mean with the person you like/likes you. Seriously wtf.
[VI II I]
Jul 29, 2017 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
The last two episodes werent bad at all, but im glad to see this episode return to the quality of the first one!
Jul 29, 2017 7:50 PM

Dec 2014
that so worse telling him to let go but still leading him on.....
Jul 29, 2017 9:02 PM

Feb 2010
KarasuSeiko said:
Are all the semes in this anime pieces of trash or what? No need to be forceful or mean with the person you like/likes you. Seriously wtf.

I completely understand what you mean about Hasekura and Ooshiba's relationship since he literally gave him two choices without really considering how Ooshiba felt. He was nowhere near ready to make that decision, and there's no way their relationship would even be normal in real life. Ooshiba is basically playing his lover because he has strong feelings for his precious friend, and it was not by his own choice at least in the beginning. That amount of possessiveness even scares me. It is love since his extreme desire is shown, yet the fact that he leaves Ooshiba with no other option is cruel and rather inconsiderate.

The other relationship, however, is justified by the fact Kousuke is a teacher, so for him he actually told Setagawa he was not able to return his feelings because of how taboo it is for a teacher and student to have 'mutual feelings' exchanged to one another. In fact, especially in high school it's strictly forbidden. So he did not tell Setagawa those things to manipulate his feelings, or perhaps he did, but that was not his intention. It was cruel, since Kousuke knew about Setagawa's feelings and embarrassed him, but his honest intentions were to tell it to him straight so he isn't hurt later on when Setagawa's feelings for him are even stronger. Leading him on and never telling him would be even crueler, in my opinion.

Kousuke is trying to maintain the relationship they currently have, but the car scene and the scene where he forces a kiss on Setagawa shows that his impulses cannot be controlled since he, too, has feelings for him. It's painful for Kousuke too since he would like to return the feelings but his role in a sense is restricting his love and I'm assuming he feels like it would be wrong for him to have these feelings for Setagawa. As an adult he feels responsible for perhaps even leading Setagawa on and convinces himself that they would be better off loving different people. But he can't seem to let Setagawa go since he loves him too much.
EarlCielJul 29, 2017 9:21 PM
Jul 29, 2017 9:04 PM

Jul 2017
The scenes with the teacher are so good because some people really do pretend to not notice someone else's feelings - it felt so raw and real. My heart couldn't take that scene where they kissed (I'm assuming they kissed). I literally chocked on nothing when that happened and I secretly want more (lol). They seem like a way better couple than that other one, I'm officially rooting for them. Although him being a teacher is kind of off-putting for me because it's so taboo, yet I actually want them to date. It's so conflicting. I wonder if it's the same in Japan? Did I mention the teacher is hot?

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Jul 29, 2017 9:22 PM

Feb 2010
Here are my thoughts about this episode:

I really enjoyed many moments in this episode, it's definitely my favourite so far!
This episode to me was beautiful. It captured both Setagawa and Kousuke's feelings perfectly, and although it did come from Setagawa's point of view I love how they showed that cigarette scene to sort of give the audience a clue about the meaning behind Kousuke's actions. Even in the beginning when Setagawa watched the lovey dovey couple and Kousuke was shown taking note of his face.

There was also the scene in the end where that woman gave Setagawa the sandwich and you can see Kousuke's reaction to it and even how he responds. He clearly throws away the restriction that he put on his own feelings and even kisses him in school, as a teacher. I think the love and admiration, the care they have for each other was beautifully captured in this episode.

Another thing I would like to add is I love the way the stories of everyone intertwine with one another. While, for the most part Hasekura + Ooshiba are pretty much set as a couple the way Hasekura observes Setagawa and Kousuke and the transitions between scenes and thoughts was really well done from a directing point of view. I really love the execution of it and I know they do the same in the manga--the writing is so beautiful!

Really good episode, really looking forward to the rest of it!
Jul 29, 2017 10:18 PM

May 2017
EarlCiel said:

I really enjoyed many moments in this episode, it's definitely my favourite so far!
This episode to me was beautiful. It captured both Setagawa and Kousuke's feelings perfectly, and although it did come from Setagawa's point of view I love how they showed that cigarette scene to sort of give the audience a clue about the meaning behind Kousuke's actions. Even in the beginning when Setagawa watched the lovey dovey couple and Kousuke was shown taking note of his face.

There was also the scene in the end where that woman gave Setagawa the sandwich and you can see Kousuke's reaction to it and even how he responds. He clearly throws away the restriction that he put on his own feelings and even kisses him in school, as a teacher. I think the love and admiration, the care they have for each other was beautifully captured in this episode.

Another thing I would like to add is I love the way the stories of everyone intertwine with one another. While, for the most part Hasekura + Ooshiba are pretty much set as a couple the way Hasekura observes Setagawa and Kousuke and the transitions between scenes and thoughts was really well done from a directing point of view. I really love the execution of it and I know they do the same in the manga--the writing is so beautiful!

woah nice thought!^agree with this xD
Finally someone mentioned the cigarette scene, kousuke lied about it just to send settie out and telling him off...kousuke is struggling with his feeling too, he knows its wrong but he can't be helped loves settie...I think the one who have feeling first is kousuke tbh.
Jul 29, 2017 11:56 PM

Jul 2014
gyahhh settie is so cute, can't wait for more
Jul 30, 2017 2:39 AM

Jan 2015
maaaan i lost all hope :( Kousuke is way too pushy and aggressive and MC is so weak-willed, like how can you not say to a guy who accuses you of being into boys that you are not into boys? And that jealous Kousuke when he saw MC with a girl, pushing him to the wall and taking his first kiss? I guess he wants to make MC realize that he is into boys?
OVerall this anime has 2 characters i just hate Hasekura and Kousuke they are way way too aggressive. I would've prefered a calmer romance, where character himself realizes his love instead of that "push" that those 2 provide.
Jul 30, 2017 2:43 AM

Jan 2017
EarlCiel said:

Beautifully said :) in fact, is what i wanted to write and point out all along but was afraid i might be giving some spoilers (I'm still quite new to the forums so don't know how much you can't or can say). But is as you said, it's clearly obvious that Kousuke rejecting Setagawa "is all talk" and his feelings are way more complex than that (in a good way), the 'not so subtle' hints in this episode are quite the premise.

So from now on it's just good things to come, now i'm more intrigued to see how the play this whole thing out in the anime, as it is right now i'm pretty satisfied.

Vzla-IT

Jul 30, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!
What the EF!! 10x!
this time it's Sensei and Setagawa!!! OMG!
that was a discreet kiss and blocked by the book that he held to us viewers so that it gets more "kyaaa" factor is they really kissed or not! lolz!
omg i think i'm gonna throw-up!
1/5.

Jul 30, 2017 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
Finally the good couple is setting sail, just took 3 eps and all my patience. YES YESSS YESSSSSS~

I read the manga and know the reason, but I really never understood why Kousuke is teasing him all the time and even kissed him in school. It just doesn't make sense to me.
lov_lymjJul 30, 2017 11:51 AM
Jul 31, 2017 8:39 AM
Oct 2016
The music around minute 16, I've heard it somewhere before but can't remember. Does anyone know?
Jul 31, 2017 9:45 AM

Jun 2016
Okay that episode pissed me off. Kousuke was so fucking mean towards Setagawa. Taking advantage of him and his feelings like what the fuck. What an asshole. It really pissed me off. You better redeemed yourself, Kousuke, or imma fuck you up! Tch.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 1, 2017 5:51 AM

Jun 2013
Mannn, this episode is what I've been anticipating! I'm just so in love with the scenes of our MyHero couple. I especially liked the one where Kousuke got jelly. I can relate to Setagawa's conflicted feelings (lol Kousuke is too hot for my eyes + Maeno's hella fine voice).
Aug 2, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
well,i definitely enjoy this much more than the other couple

and Kousuke is extra mean but I can't help but really like his character,hah...also,it's refreshing to see someone emphatic enough to be able to see and even acknowledge that someone has feelings for them. I also like that he told him he can't return his feelings being his adult teacher and so on. But at the same time he went for the kiss (i was screaming at my screen like...bruh,what if someone saw you...) because he was feeling jealous and done with the "i like girls".
Hasekura is reading Setagawa like some open book,haaa,those puns.
Aug 2, 2017 2:08 PM

May 2014
I take back what I said last week...Hasekura isn't that bad. Well, in comparison to Kousuke anyway. At least Hasekura is consistent with his actions.

To paraphrase:

"You look like you want me to screw you"
"Imma hafta stop you right there kiddo"
"I can't return your feelings"
*sees a girl give Settie a frickin' sandwich*
"But I don't mind sexually harassing my students at school if it helps"

Like, dude. Please calm down.

I'm not gonna pretend like I didn't enjoy it though.
Watching this gives me all the nostalgic feelings I got when I first watched stuff like Gravitation and Sukisho as a kid.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2016
I literally think wtf all over the place this episode.
Aug 3, 2017 6:27 AM

Jun 2007
what the hell is happening. like man. gimme a break.....
kousuke the bastard. another sicko voiced by maeno (the previous one was that wicked big bro from 'stupid lovers')
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 4, 2017 8:04 AM
Jan 2011
On the one hand, I totally understand the reasoning in Kousuke's head behind his actions. The situation is made really tense for us because we somewhat understand his background: only gangs for friends, massive family issues at home, occasionally sleeping in parks, etc. Needles to say there's a few issues he needs to work through.

I really, really hope they explore these issues, instead of painting over them with a 'I'm in love, everything is fine' brush... But considering how quickly the other couples' arc was resolved... my hopes aren't super high. (gonna watch the whole thing regardless, of course)
Aug 6, 2017 2:26 AM

Aug 2011
Kousuke seems like a big jerk. Poor Setagawa.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
Wtffff I want the next episode now!!!!

I was cuddling myself and smiling the whole episode XD

☾ that's was a cute moment 💓 ☽

*^*..you feel like little cloud..*^*
Aug 25, 2017 10:40 PM
Aug 2017
How can I see the ep
Dec 20, 2018 6:24 AM

Aug 2016
Kousuke is a sh*t teacher, kissing a student...
Nanika ga Okashii
May 5, 2019 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
Settie x Kousuke :">
Kousuke has this vibe of "I can't love you back but let me kiss you real quick." He has a resemblance of Jumin Han from Mystic Messenger.
They did not show the kissing scene again. I wanted to see behind the attendance sheet. T_T
Dec 14, 2019 2:11 PM

Aug 2017
It's a shame that I never had a teacher so HOT like Kousuke :( But I looooove him kissing Setagawa.
NurguburuJun 25, 2020 6:08 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
Toying with a 16 year old's feelings and even going so far as to kiss him for no reason is cruel. He's supposed to be more mature than that. Let's see how this pans out tho
Jan 22, 2021 5:15 PM
Aug 2020
Kousuke...he's a fine man god damn it!

Setagawa will be a good mom indeed XD i love him
May 20, 2021 6:26 AM

Jun 2020
Setagawa is so endearing, I love him. He looked so cute at his job!!!!! He has a kind heart, but he’s not kind to himself & keeps everything to himself. I feel so bad for him, it seems like nothing ever goes his way & all the adults in his life are so shitty. Yes, Kousuke included. Someone cut this poor kid a break already.

And L O L @ Hasekura deadpan teasing him with “koi” & “course” loollloll

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KannoSugako - Sep 23, 2017

59 by Abbychi »»
Jan 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pgmhecateii - Jul 15, 2017

70 by seyowan »»
Nov 6, 2023 1:43 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Jul 8, 2017

90 by seyowan »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

» Does this new visual imply a new season in production (or is this just delusional wishful thinking)?

__potato__ - Jun 27, 2023

8 by KawaiiSmile »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.