Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally this aired. About time.

So we basically got the last battle in that other world....
Ofc, I did expect lewdness including the other sins using their talent. (lust, gluttony, etc).

The military uniforms though...
Jul 29, 2017 11:28 AM

Aug 2016

All hail the Deus ex Maria!

Not going to lie, as much as this series began as perhaps the worst I had ever seen, it picked up in the middle and ended decently. Still a bad series, make no doubt about it, but I think now we finally saw everything tie together and perhaps what the story could have been if executed better.

Seeing the Seven Deadly Sins work together and fight against (for some reason a singular angel?) Michael was really nice to see. It showed that sort of unity we saw lacking before under Belial's leadership. Some of the ways they went about distracting her and breaking a wing were odd and nonsensical, but that's to be expected with this series. The scene with Lucifer falling and tying her past back to Maria helped repair a bit of the ambiguity surrounding their relationship, one of my greatest issues with the series for sure. Lucifer's whole shift in tone once she finally assumed leadership over the Seven Deadly Sins definitely did work on providing some decent character for her, since although we were obliged to root for her because she's the main character of the series, I found her quite bitchy, crude, and disdainful for most of it (which, let's be honest, is probably the point). I could get behind this Demon Lord of Pride Lucifer, though.

Aesthetically, it was what we could come to expect from the other episodes, though much of the scenes did seem to have improved. Didn't watch the Uncensored version, so naturally my enjoyment of the actual ecchi was dampened, but it wasn't too oppressive compared to previous episodes. Michael's overall design was fairly nice and befitting her status as the leader of the Seven Virtues (for some reason military uniforms strike me as "angel" gear). The whole assault on Hell looked pretty damn cool when she was going at it as well.

I assume that these subsequent unaired episodes will involve the campaign against the Virtues? Not particularly sure I'd be interested enough to hunt them down, though, despite how the series picked up in its latter half. I am certainly curious, though, to check out the manga and see whether or not most of the fundamental flaws of this series were anime exclusive or just born form the creator's own hand. Perhaps some things just work better conceptually than their execution could ever relay.
Jul 29, 2017 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
OK so this was what we waited so long for...meh it was fine I guess but not really worth the wait. I'm just glad I can finally tick this off as completed and be done with it! This isn't the worst anime out there by a long shot but it's still not very good. Let's just say there should be a long list of anime you watch before you get to this one! 4/10 overall
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 29, 2017 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
This terrible show is finally over. 1/10
Jul 29, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
And.. It's over.. Seriously though it had everything on how NOT to make a show. From 'Power of Friendship" to Deus Ex Machina. This was just bad... It came from a nice and honest ecchi to a more ecchi version of Power Rangers Megaforce. At least in Megaforce it had stuff that was pretty good. This show was outright horrible.

1/10

Jul 29, 2017 2:13 PM

Dec 2013
This was a pretty sad excuse for an anime if there ever was one.
Too much deus ex machina flying all over the place, first with how they defeated one angel, then with how nothing else actually happens after that, and then with how Maria was revived.

God is in his Heaven, but all is NOT right with this anime.... :P

Not even the excessive ecchi could save this show.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 29, 2017 4:04 PM

Sep 2016
i need more 7 heavenly virtues T_T
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 29, 2017 4:13 PM

May 2015
And finally over. About time.

4/10.

Jul 29, 2017 4:28 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Finally it's over. I'm glad this is never getting a second season. Such a boring waste of time and entertainment all throughout.
Jul 29, 2017 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
So it's over. Finally. To be honest, this episode was okay.

Jul 29, 2017 5:35 PM

Nov 2016
Storywise it was pretty much shit, not even entertaining just stupid and also disturbing at some parts. But since it was an ecchi driven show, I more or less liked 2 charas and the art I will be generous.

3/10

Depending on my mood or if I may see a better ecchi anime it can still get lower.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 29, 2017 6:14 PM

Jun 2014
FINALLY IT'S OVER! Thank God I can mark this off as completed, but what I wasn't expecting was how much I liked this finale. Sure, some of the writing was poop (the Deus Ex Maria at the end was such a cop-out), but the animation got a glow-up, the content was engaging, it was nice to see something more substantial to this anime aside from boobs and panties, AND LEVI FINALLY GOT AT LEAST A SMIDGE OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! It might not have been a lot, but at least it's something.

Granted, this series was just in the balance of being okay for me and not good. That's surprising, considering I'm not really in the target audience for these kinds of shows despite having watched them before (manservice is much more appealing to me). I think after a sloppy beginning, the show did pick itself up in the middle, though did falter towards the end, before improving on it with this episode. The dub also helped with this show too, considering it's pretty good and actually makes the more uncomfortable scenes watchable. The characters weren't the best, but at least there were distinctive personalities for some. The animation was inconsistent, but it's better than the A-1 dips I've seen (the fanservice was hit or miss, but mostly the latter). And the score was pretty dope.

So overall, 6.5 out of 10, with a .5 extra for the dub. It's not the best series, but it's not scorn-level simply because of what it offers. It's almost exactly what I expected, with some surprise buried beneath it.
DazzlingAnime1Aug 15, 2017 5:32 AM
Jul 29, 2017 7:24 PM

Jul 2015
It is with deep regrets that we shall accept that our research is coming to an end. The last episode has aired today. Studio Artland might also possibly be dead but they left us with the greatest of parting gifts. RIP beautiful bastard. In any case, don't forget to enrich the masses with the knowledge of Science and continue the #freethenipple movement. It was a pleasure fellow Scientists. o7
Jul 29, 2017 7:27 PM

Jan 2017
I can finally put this down as completed. The finale wasn't bad actually but it wasn't good enough for me to give the show anything higher than a 5/10.
Jul 29, 2017 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
Damn my uniform fetish. Michael has some rich fashion tastes.

Overall, a long wait after ArtLand Studios went bankrupt and left us a parting gift.

Eh. It was alright, but man Maria... This is a cheesy ending and a deux ex machina moment but man I tear up like Levi here. (I kind of see them like family... A very unbalanced family but Lucifer accepts both of them regards.

Gonna be a bit sad 'cause this ridiculousness ended, but I can rest easy now I guess. (untilbonusepisodesareoutsomewhere).

P.S. I'm pretty much in Team Lucifer.

P.P.S. I love how Bel and Asto end up living in her place which was a complete of opposite of Bel's ideal fortress. Though it took me a long time that they're pretty much Player 2 of Luci and Levi.
timerrabbitJul 29, 2017 10:06 PM

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 29, 2017 10:49 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Maria revived...again for the unknownth time. Nice uniform Michael. The last boss fight seems fine.

The battle is over, for now.

6/10
Jul 30, 2017 12:18 AM

Dec 2015
Never again will I make the same mistake, should've dropped this shitty show a long time ago. 1/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 30, 2017 12:36 AM

Oct 2015
Finanlly, I don't have to put this anime category in watching anymore. Belial & Astaroth leave the seven deadly sins and got replaced by Lucifer & Leviathan was predictable since the start of the series, since Vanity & Melancholy aren't part of the deadly sins originally.

Maria got revived by your typical anime logic. Michaela with military outfit is so hot though. Despite this series is really bad, if there's a S2 (which Is no way that's going to happen, since the studio of this anime got closed), I would like to see the battle between the Seven Deadly Sins against the Seven Virtues.

If it wasn't for the hot devils in the series, I would've dropped this anime and I decided to give it a 5/10
Maruko-sanJul 30, 2017 1:05 AM
Jul 30, 2017 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
It's over? I-It's really over? YES

Seriously though, this was so hard to watch. This doesn't deserve a sequel at all.

2/10
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 30, 2017 7:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The way this ended felt like they would have done a S2....Too bad the studio died though

The quality of the ecchi and visuals are the only reason why I'm giving this a 6
Jul 30, 2017 9:35 AM

Aug 2016
It was kinda boring, but the echhi stuff was nice... 6/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 30, 2017 10:42 AM

Jan 2017
Even tho the anime wasn't great,and some ep were utter trash ,but most of the characters were extremly likebal,and most of the echi scenes were good,and some of them were great .the echi scenes were great in the first 1/3 of the anime ) .
I really want another season about the 7 havenly virtues :( .

Some eps were great ,some eps were meh ,but the rest was trash .6,5-7/10
Lucifer is best girl .
Jul 30, 2017 11:26 AM

May 2009
Will there be an additional, 13th episode on BDs?
Jul 30, 2017 4:27 PM

Jun 2014
Thank goodness that's over. It's a damn shame this is probably going to be the last thing Artland releases. What a terrible way to go out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 30, 2017 6:17 PM
Nov 2012
Leo_10 said:
So it's over. Finally. To be honest, this episode was okay.

It was. At least the studio finished their last job.
Jul 30, 2017 7:18 PM

Apr 2014
GangsterCat said:
I got kinda interested at the end, guess I won't get to see what will happen afterwards, as the studio is now bankrupt.
Jul 31, 2017 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
the only asspull i could think of was Lucifer being able to resurrect Maria Totsuka!
Angel Michael in her fighting outfit was such a turn-on to me...that type of military skirt uniform was extremely fitting!
Levi was promoted to a new Seven Deadly Sin since Astaroth & Belial was back to earth and banished from hell as their punishment and defeat against Micheal when they clashed!
Michael's end card was EROTIC!
4/5.
7/10.

Jul 31, 2017 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
it was well worth the wait was an great way to end the season though it sucks to hear what happened with the people that was animating the series and as to why things was delayed

but all in all i really enjoyed this series and really want a season 2 to happen someday for some one to pick up this series for a season 2 and so on

with that said now to see if i can find the manga anywhere
DazeFireJul 31, 2017 7:42 AM
"one step at a time"
Jul 31, 2017 11:18 AM

Nov 2013
Everyone here seems to think that because the studio is now bankrupt there is no way there will be a sequel. This isn't really true. As weird as it sounds, most studios don't actually own the anime they produce. If the production company wants a second season and the studio is unavailable, they can simply find another.

The Answerman from ANN can give you the full details:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-06-26/.117981
Jul 31, 2017 10:50 PM

Feb 2014
I thought Maria had Lucifer's heart and Lucifer had Maria's heart.

I mean, in a previous episode when Lucifer ran towards Maria to get stabbed by her... they didn't swap their hearts?

So... in this episode, when Lucifer got stabbed on her chest by Michael's lance, wasn't Maria the one supposed to die?

Anyway, this show reminded me of Valkyrie Drive.
Valkyrie Drive, however, is much more lewd (kisses, heavy ecchi - borderline hentai and etc), though it had things I'm not into: NTR, rape...
This show lacked the first, which would be good taking into consideration the ecchi+yuri. Would be the ideal (for me) if it had.

Btw, Lucifer herself and her last scene at the very end of this episode, seated on the throne, reminded me of Murder Princess.

TechOtakuAug 1, 2017 10:30 AM
Aug 1, 2017 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
JGChaves said:
Everyone here seems to think that because the studio is now bankrupt there is no way there will be a sequel. This isn't really true. As weird as it sounds, most studios don't actually own the anime they produce. If the production company wants a second season and the studio is unavailable, they can simply find another.

The Answerman from ANN can give you the full details:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-06-26/.117981

I said this yesterday and now a second season for Senran Kagura, another anime by Artland, has been announced. Well, I got my proof faster than I thought.
Aug 2, 2017 8:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
End without suprises, very lineal and comun even the last fight against Mikael/Miguel/Mikel.... two weaks hope this last episode, and was a dissapoiting, how all the series, weak although with a big boobs xD
Aug 5, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
I was betrayed.

2/10
Aug 6, 2017 5:05 AM

Jul 2009
Everyone was in love with Lucifer

The way they did the end seems like they plan doing more...but the studio is broken...
Aug 13, 2017 5:04 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was a better ending that expected from this anime to be honest! Everyone who really watches this anime and expecting anything different than fan service were probably disappointed.

But knowing this was pretty ecchi to begin with and also watching the uncensored version made it not all too bad. It's generic nonetheless but still was pretty decent for what it had to offer!
Aug 19, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Congratulations on saving a worthless species full of Nazis, Commies, Zealots and Corrupt Goverments.... I'd have pressed the "Reset" button on the planet without doubts.

Just as Leviathan said, "I don't know if I should be happy or sad"
Quality went down to cringy levels, even the ecchi stopped being good at some point.

And in the end we only get to see Michael...if it was the end of the world couldn't they just have used the full Army of the Heavens?

"Nah, let's just send Micha, she'll manage to do it by herself"

I finished this...but, this anime was bad.
Aug 20, 2017 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
The story isn't that bad surprisingly like most ecchi, i kinda enjoyed it actually, it's like the ultimate fan service with decent plot, no srsly like real plot. As i expected The author won't kill any character knowing it's an ecchi anime.

This series has a lot of potentials especially for the second season featuring The 7 Virtues Angels, The fight scene between Lucifer and Michael was okay. And i think i just found a new waifu, Belial my thick demon Lord

Overall score 7/10, Looking forward for the 2nd season and more of Belial
Aug 28, 2017 10:24 PM
Innocent PerVert

May 2014
lol I like the point that some of the comments here are "Finally this trash show is done" and what not......AND STILL you watched the entire series.

If people just ignored the fan service and focus on the characters and the story, its actually pretty good. Kinda sad that the company that animated this series went downhill

Sep 27, 2017 10:28 AM
Nov 2013
A lot of negative reviews for this one I see, while it was by no stretch of the imagination very good it was an average to above average anime.....definitely a 5 or 6/10. It had some nice characters (I liked Levi, Beezalbub, and Astaroth in particular) and quite a few forgettable ones unfortunately. Still, not the worst either and it is sad the anime studio folded. They needed a hit anime series and sadly this wasn't it. :(
Sep 28, 2017 3:09 PM

Sep 2016
I'l leave this here :D >>>7-virtues.net

Going to pre-order that Michael figure..shes looks sexy in that uniform

5/10

Hope to see the other virtues animated in the future
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Oct 5, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
I mean....this show was what it was....if you expected anything amazing...you are dumb.

5/10
Oct 19, 2017 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
I usually watch this kind of show because of fan service, but this show is really hard to watch, I feel like all action in here seems forced.

and it's kinda weird to see a resolve more "humanity" comes from Hell side rather than Heaven side. it's like watching Angel and God who never wrong, did something wrong, and Demon is the only one who defend the life in Earth.

I was about to drop, but then my curiousity kicking in, so I watch it until the end anyway.

If only this show takes from Heaven point of view, it would have been better. in fact, I am interested to see more of the seven virtues.
Oct 23, 2017 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
For a finale, it wasn't that bad, though I do have to question Maria's revival at the end. Lucifer defeats Michael, spares her life, and takes over as the new leader of the Seven Mortal Sins. I would've expected a lot worse.

I can't say that I've enjoyed this anime, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy some of the lewd moments it had to offer. Like with Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, some of the scenes make me question if this was meant to be an actual hentai instead. I would consider this anime a guilty pleasure. It's worth watching once for the "plot" and then switch over to a better fanservice-heavy anime.
Dec 6, 2017 3:34 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Michael was hot lel

I give this one a 5/10 in the sense that I knew exactly what to expect and in that regard, it didn't really disappint.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 27, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
Heh, as expected this is a disaster. Well I just watch it for plot. aka boobs.
So I'm gonna rate this anime a 5 (or maybe at least a 6?) out of 10 score overall. (I'm already generous)
And I'm looking forward to the spinoff, I wish it's lewd as this with better story. Just a short? Damn it!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2016
GangsterCat said:
It's actually happening LMAO
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 27, 2017 9:37 AM

Apr 2014
GangsterCat said:
GangsterCat said:
Just a short though.
Dec 27, 2017 9:41 AM

Sep 2016
Rayzer said:
GangsterCat said:
Just a short though.
Bikini Warriors and Valkyrie Drive (OVA) are short and also super great.
CrossAnge

Dec 27, 2017 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
GangsterCat said:
Rayzer said:
Just a short though.
Bikini Warriors and Valkyrie Drive (OVA) are short and also super great.
Just fir 5 minutes per episode?
Yeah right, that must be tons of crap.
Dec 30, 2017 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
i think it's outright hypocrisy to be trashing this anime. i mean come on! if you have managed to get this far, surely you didn't watch this masterpiece for the "plot" alone. one could go on how this series challenges moral values while at the same time sets up dilemmas on the surface level. nevertheless that would provide for a shallow analogy. i may get digitally stoned for saying this, but i absolutely consider sin as a groundbreaking fine art piece that challenges the way we perceive both our inner and outer beauty. not only do we gain an alternative way towards analyzing sculptures from antiquity but we are also provided with a means of deconstructing the true meaning behind some of the most aesthetic works such as the david of michelangelo. when it comes to sin, we have lucifer the fallen angel to behold. and indeed she is quite worthy of absolute respect. i might even buy her 1/8 scale figurine once i've enough money that is, then have her model exposed in my living room for true thinkers who aren't afraid to see art as a means to an end in and on itself, but instead as something that serves as a timeless tool of expression. in this case, sin has managed to do just that, and quite remarkably at that. i do realize this post may come off as a review, for which i apologize. however, sorry not sorry! my policy is to avoid writing reviews when we already have all these dedicated threads on forums hosted by mal to discuss anime in their entirety when it comes to the final episode or part by part while they're running.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2017

171 by MyAssSmellsWeird »»
Dec 5, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2017

49 by Muow »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:40 AM

Poll: » Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2017

59 by AnimeBeefs »»
Oct 2, 2022 8:25 AM

» Does this anime have sex scenes in it?

Dinorexy007 - Mar 21, 2022

4 by Heavenly47 »»
Mar 21, 2022 1:30 PM

» Is this show relatively family-friendly?

ClodRaker - Apr 5, 2017

27 by The_Core »»
Jan 27, 2022 8:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.