Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 3, 2017 4:50 AM
Mar 2012
this boy, Light in the making.
now where's my happy sol?
Sep 7, 2017 5:48 PM

Apr 2012
It seems that all the money for animation in this episode was spent on drugs. Otherwise, I can not explain such a sharp deterioration in quality at the same time that the show turned into a crazy parody of BokuMachi. Incest, the rape of a little girl, the beating of older relatives, schoolboys-serial killers, the script writers obviously had fun, coming up with this bad trip.
Oct 2, 2017 9:14 AM

May 2012
Oh lord that was quite the episode, very sick at the end even, that rape was like next level shit! Pretty damn sick if you ask me... but well let's see what's next!
Oct 23, 2017 10:38 PM

May 2008
Wow this episode is pretty painful to watch.
Nov 4, 2017 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
that's one FKED UP Family, for the cousin guy Ai should have added 1 extra thing, a illusion guy that rapes hes ass, puts hes... in to hes ass, that would have been perfect punishment for rapist even if the don't show much details

Kougeru said:
I'm not sure she actually got raped....her face says she did but her clothes and everything was still perfect. I doubt he stayed there and redressed her perfectly. Could just be lazy animators though, but I want to assume she just beat up a bit

xSkipi said:
What the fuck was that family???
I want more character development for the green eyed boy bc the violent stuffs are becoming a bit redundant

Pretty sure that's a girl
MikazukiRanbu said:
In my opinion, this episode had a good premise but the execution was terrible. The writer felt like they were trying too hard to give you reasons to hate the characters and to see how terrible they are with absolutely no subtlely. However, the ending redeemed the entire episode for me because I didn't see that coming. Sure, why not kill people if you're going to go to hell anyway? You have nothing to lose ( that logic ) also I don't think the girl got raped? Unless its like what the other person said and it's lazy animation- they could have drawn her looking more disheveled to really hammer in that she did get raped if she did. Otherwise, its hard to tell

well if a guy only wants to put in hes... he only needs to lift the skirt & pull panties aside, i say this cause i have seen a scene similar to hers in some movie or a series before, clothes were okay but the woman was rapped, my point is its possible to rape & make it seem like nothing happened when it comes to clothes, so u need to rely on her face & her examination if victim goes to the hospital

my point was it was probably intended that way not bad animetion
Sugram22Nov 7, 2017 3:20 AM
Nov 26, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2015
Good, old, fucked up family. And a good episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 1, 2018 10:06 PM

Jan 2016
MonoJuMal said:

I thought it was interesting in the end that the younger brother along with the bullied kid became serial killers. It makes sense considering they got a sense of power from sending the teenagers to hell, plus since they're going there anyways they have nothing to lose.

Wow! Best comment in this thread, exactly my mind.
AkiSenzeiFeb 1, 2018 10:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2018 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
This was pretty dark... probably one of, if not the darkest Hell Girl episode so far. If the rest of the episodes are like this, I might actually enjoy it a lot more.
iDensityFeb 19, 2018 12:06 PM
Feb 23, 2018 8:16 AM

Oct 2015
Texas Chain Saw Massacre with a twist! From most to least fucked up:

The cousin > the boy (ironically) > the elder sister > the grandma = the mother > the father > the young sister.
Apr 3, 2018 5:45 PM

May 2017
That ending is all kinds of fucked up!
Sep 23, 2018 7:02 AM

May 2016
Now that's a very dysfunctional family, dysfunctional might even be an understatement... It's a surprise how every single one of them had managed to coexist for that long right before the episode's events. It must've been hell to live with such aggressive sleazebags.

The cousin that looked like he has an incestuous relationship with his cousin managed to exceed the asshole levels of the whole family by beating them all up and even raping that little girl, mindbreaking her in more ways than one. Out of everyone in the family, the dad got it comparatively lighter because all of them's going to hell, already been there, or having a fate worse than hell.

Didn't expect the serial killer ending at all but his family background was ripe for criminal beginnings now that I see it myself.

Jun 13, 2019 6:03 AM

Jun 2017
Holy shit, what a hellish episode, each and everyone of the family members is fucked up in more ways than you can imagine, except maybe for Arina (who died inside).

I just wish that the torture of those two were more.... brutal and had more screentime though.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 17, 2019 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
-Stray said:
Jesus christ... that family...
Anyways... the little sister was.. raped... wasnt she? screw that!
This ep was quite strong for the most part, at the end even the nice bro got a screwloose, tho they were gonna torture one of the bullies but still.

i don't think they had torture in mind more like they went dexter on her i mean kill and body in to pieces cause they had tools for that
Jun 17, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
Now that's a very dysfunctional family, dysfunctional might even be an understatement... It's a surprise how every single one of them had managed to coexist for that long right before the episode's events. It must've been hell to live with such aggressive sleazebags.

The cousin that looked like he has an incestuous relationship with his cousin managed to exceed the asshole levels of the whole family by beating them all up and even raping that little girl, mindbreaking her in more ways than one. Out of everyone in the family, the dad got it comparatively lighter because all of them's going to hell, already been there, or having a fate worse than hell.

Didn't expect the serial killer ending at all but his family background was ripe for criminal beginnings now that I see it myself.

its incest if they are sibling or if its with parents, but they are not sibling

but this doesn't make their family less messed up
Sugram22Jun 17, 2019 1:46 PM
Mar 2, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2014
That was... weird. I was on a Hell Girl binge because I found out there was Season 4 and the last time I watched all 3 seasons was a decade ago. But this episode made me go WTF, log in to my MAL after not using it since 2016, and type here. That was definitely weird af. But the thing with the son and the bullied boy turning into murderers- somehow that... makes sense? Since they both know they're going straight to hell anyway, they decided to purge the "evil", though the "evil" they found were small-time bullies and also young teens. I'm surprised the people who send others to hell, haven't decided to "live life to the fullest" since they're going to end up in hell anyway.

Jun 29, 2020 6:16 PM

Jul 2019
bruh that episode, not only was it very unrealistic, but it got real dark at the end. goddamn, hell girl is really trying to pull a story with this season.
Feb 2, 2021 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
Now, I've said the episodic stories in the last seasons were kind of bad (mainly for season 3) , but at least they were realistic and that's why I still liked the first 3 seasons. I have never heard of one family like this. Seriously, what was this episode. And if the girl at the ending was one of the bullies, then can't really judge the kid. It's like stealing from a thief. Yes, what you're doing is bad, but the target kind of deserves it? Though in this case, it's worse. I hope they didn't straight up kill her or cut off her limbs.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 2, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2011
This episode once again shows trust is something absolute. (warning, random sarcasm from now on and more as I'm absolutely furious with this failure of a brother). He sees the guy putting his hand between her legs, yet he checks the hell girl site instead of child protection? Because they wouldn't do anything of course even if they are phoned. Especially not with parents who, even after being hit to the floor, don't call the police on that piece of S*it. As such, his little sister got rapped, who from 1st moment couldn't stand him, or what, do people still think she got just a beating? she got a beating for not bending over, he was after her to the point he lusted non stop after her, yet again and again, this show shows how, because of the superficiality of the organizations that are meant to help are useless (like the dad said about police not helping with domestic abuse), everyone goes to hellgirl. Can you imagine if the boy phoned to be rescued from his family and used all the energy he dedicated to bringing proof of bad parents (sleeping around, video of a sister being violent, violent grandma) to the police and child protection they would be rescued. Especially if he managed somehow to capture the cousin trying to rape his sister (something, that the bullied boy I'm sure would have been glad to help) but again, your image of being a snick or whatever they are terrorises to be called, is worse than being abused or have your little sister rapped, I mean, your scared to go to hell, yet you're scared more about police and your neighbours finding out about the rape, or why else didn't you call the police, who would see the clear proof on the door, poor sister would be examined by a doctor to take DNA proof AND get special help, but it's better to handle it on your own and go to hell, instead of getting guy behind the jail, together with the parents who both left the house, aka neglecting children and so much. Essentially, because of the sister getting raped, all he need was to phone the police and they would have done all the work since he could do it to make people use hell girl but not to bring it to the police.... But hey....in the end, he clearly shows he is a real member of his own family. And yes, I'm not surprised for neither of the 2 boys because this is what happens if you bully people, if not even beyond the breaking point, and that, they get in the position of power.
Psi18cJun 2, 2021 8:09 AM
Jul 8, 2021 12:15 PM
suii

Dec 2018
damn this ep was ft up
Feb 20, 2022 4:56 PM
Feb 2022
I don’t think she actually got raped her clothes where fine and the door didn’t have any big holes and there wasn’t any holes near the handle to unlock the door I think she was terrified beyond that
Feb 20, 2022 4:58 PM
Feb 2022
I don’t think she actually got raped her clothes where fine and the door didn’t have any big holes and there wasn’t any holes near the handle to unlock the door I think she was just terrified beyond that
Sep 15, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2020
Ignoring that every character acts completely stupid to make the plot happen, which is a Hell Girl staple at this point, why didn't Ai's gang give him the doll when his sister was about to be raped?

They usually give it to people, the moment they are over the edge, even if they left it somewhere, which is when they teleport it to them. Like she could have put the string into his mouth, the pulling is mostly a symbolic act anyways.

Honestly, this entire episode was just a big shock factor, the family was so dysfunctional it was almost laughable. Yes, fucked up people exist, a lot of them actually and many of them are that way due to family circumstances. However, what are the odds that every person in MC's family, including both the paternal and maternal side and going by implication his uncle and aunt are lunatics?

Like c'mon even ignoring that the MC themselves doen't ask anyone for help, but how come the sister, cousin, etc. have all been doing this stuff for what I assume to be a long time, without ever facing repercussions?

No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Nov 12, 2022 8:44 PM
Dec 2017
this is just one fucked up episode here if you ask me

Feb 25, 2023 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, that family is extremely dysfunctional. Everyone is f*cked up!
I just realized that the chick they killed, in the end, was one of the bullies. They couldn't wish her to go to hell, so they'll just kill her. She looks cute. I would've r*ped her first if I were one of them.
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Sep 2017
I really don't see anything wrong with the animations. Are all the people here watching the anime on VHS or something?

I don't know why they're resorting to shock value so much for this season. Is there even going to be a catch?
خ
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

67 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

45 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.