Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Jun 29, 2017 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 60
Fun
Well animated
Well directed
Great character designs
Adorable imouto
Good fanservice, not too much nor too little
Twists the average siscon harem plot into something amusing to watch
Great fanart incoming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Is it because SJW's wants to remain "im a good boy" in the public eye? It's all i can think of
 
#2
Jun 30, 2017 5:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 155
You must be a masochist to like such an idiotic cast of characters, dont worry this is catered to people with such fetishes like yours, enjoy it peacefully

 
#3
Jun 30, 2017 6:12 AM
Review Moderator
Penguin Overlord

Online
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3667
Probably because the second half of elements that you mentioned are what lots of people hate.
 
#4
Jun 30, 2017 6:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3165
@Nevalopo
You know, those people who already hate the premise/plot but still bothered watching it anyway.
They are just typical haters who do anything just to hate on something pointlessly.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
#5
Jun 30, 2017 6:29 AM
Offline
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 8430
What Skittles said.
You may like it for those things, but others may not.



 
#6
Jun 30, 2017 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 60
Skittles said:
Probably because the second half of elements that you mentioned are what lots of people hate.
Zephaas said:
What Skittles said.
You may like it for those things, but others may not.


So about the fanservice? Because it has a bit of fanservice people don't enjoy it? There are maaaaaaany more shows that are all about fanservice and they don't seem to recieve as much hate as Eromanga-Sensei so that can't be it.
Is it because it's not a copy of the other regular siscon shows? I still don't really get whats specifically bad about it. :/
 
#7
Jun 30, 2017 6:39 AM
Offline
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 8430
Nevalopo said:
Skittles said:
Probably because the second half of elements that you mentioned are what lots of people hate.
Zephaas said:
What Skittles said.
You may like it for those things, but others may not.


So about the fanservice? Because it has a bit of fanservice people don't enjoy it? There are maaaaaaany more shows that are all about fanservice and they don't seem to recieve as much hate as Eromanga-Sensei so that can't be it.
Is it because it's not a copy of the other regular siscon shows? I still don't really get whats specifically bad about it. :/

Some people really don't like implied incest and fan-service. Honestly I don't even like that stuff I just had to finish the show.



 
#8
Jun 30, 2017 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 60
Zephaas said:
Nevalopo said:


So about the fanservice? Because it has a bit of fanservice people don't enjoy it? There are maaaaaaany more shows that are all about fanservice and they don't seem to recieve as much hate as Eromanga-Sensei so that can't be it.
Is it because it's not a copy of the other regular siscon shows? I still don't really get whats specifically bad about it. :/

Some people really don't like implied incest and fan-service. Honestly I don't even like that stuff I just had to finish the show.


How is it incest? Ofcourse blood-related incest is fked up but this is not incest, They are not related in any way and Sagiri only lives there because she liked him since she was a kid and wrote letters to him before they met. I don't really enjoy fanservice either when its too much but this show doesn't really focus on fanservice it's not like it's another Highschool DxD/Highschool of the dead/Freezing/ToLoveRu and they didn't recieve this much hate.

Even shows like kill la kill had alot of fanservice and everyone seemed to love it still.
 
#9
Jun 30, 2017 7:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 548
I was just hate watching the show once I gave up trying to give the show any credit by episode 5. Still I loved hating on how trash this anime is and so am I.

Anime wanted to be a hentai with siscon but didn't have the balls to actually go through with anything.


 
Jun 30, 2017 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2458
Nevalopo said:
Fun
Well animated
Well directed
Great character designs
Adorable imouto
Good fanservice, not too much nor too little
Twists the average siscon harem plot into something amusing to watch
Great fanart incoming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Is it because SJW's wants to remain "im a good boy" in the public eye? It's all i can think of
Boring af
"Animated" when whole episodes take inside a room with almost all static images
Terribly directed
Average character designs
Awkward hikikomori who is supposed to be the goddess of attraction for some reason
Specially when it's made of impossible angles and some unimpressive voyeuristic shots



There you go. If your interest is in the doujinshi you don't even need to watch this outrage in the first place.

  The visions dancing in my mind  |  the early dawn, the shades of time  |  twilight crawling through my windowpane  
 
Jun 30, 2017 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Most of the haters in each thread lurk here, the ones who dont come here from the trending topics page. Hating on this show is just plebs reinforcing a circle jerk because they are losing. The show did well in Japan. Sales, viewings, and ratings are great.
 
Jun 30, 2017 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 60
Lordwen said:
Nevalopo said:
Fun
Well animated
Well directed
Great character designs
Adorable imouto
Good fanservice, not too much nor too little
Twists the average siscon harem plot into something amusing to watch
Great fanart incoming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Is it because SJW's wants to remain "im a good boy" in the public eye? It's all i can think of
Boring af
"Animated" when whole episodes take inside a room with almost all static images
Terribly directed
Average character designs
Awkward hikikomori who is supposed to be the goddess of attraction for some reason
Specially when it's made of impossible angles and some unimpressive voyeuristic shots



There you go. If your interest is in the doujinshi you don't even need to watch this outrage in the first place.



Just like a little kid who says the opposite of someone else. If you thought it was so boring why did you keep watching it. And if that's the case for everyones hate of it that it was "boring af" why not just drop the show? Maybe it's not to your liking no need to hate on it. If I don't enjoy a show i just drop it.
 
Jun 30, 2017 8:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2458
Nevalopo said:
Lordwen said:
Boring af
"Animated" when whole episodes take inside a room with almost all static images
Terribly directed
Average character designs
Awkward hikikomori who is supposed to be the goddess of attraction for some reason
Specially when it's made of impossible angles and some unimpressive voyeuristic shots



There you go. If your interest is in the doujinshi you don't even need to watch this outrage in the first place.



Just like a little kid who says the opposite of someone else. If you thought it was so boring why did you keep watching it. And if that's the case for everyones hate of it that it was "boring af" why not just drop the show? Maybe it's not to your liking no need to hate on it. If I don't enjoy a show i just drop it.
Just my opinion on the same points you mentioned. You didn't go further in the reasons of why is it "well directed", so neither I.

And don't worry, I dropped it. It wasn't even "so bad it's somewhat entertaining" at all.

  The visions dancing in my mind  |  the early dawn, the shades of time  |  twilight crawling through my windowpane  
 
Jun 30, 2017 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2906
Most of the people hating on the show aren't even the target audience in the first place. It's like a vegan walking into a steakhouse and yelling at the manager because there is too much meat on the menu(no euphemism intended).

The show isn't meant for you. If you hate it so much, then just move along and watch something that caters to your taste.
 
Jun 30, 2017 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Vhailor said:
Most of the people hating on the show aren't even the target audience in the first place. It's like a vegan walking into a steakhouse and yelling at the manager because there is too much meat on the menu(no euphemism intended).

The show isn't meant for you. If you hate it so much, then just move along and watch something that caters to your taste.

Their opinions are literally invalid lol. Nobody cares what some clown who hates the concept thinks about the show. Reminds me of the people who always bitch about how wrestling/WWE is fake meanwhile its been on the air for decades and the fans of the WWE love the content. The only ones not having any fun are the haters... Sad
 
Jun 30, 2017 7:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 8
This anie just deserve a trash, i don't know why i hate it, but this show is bad at all.. Only a good thing on this anime is tomoe :v, best heroine on this show but only get a few screen time. Poor tomoe
 
Jun 30, 2017 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4663
Reikuo said:
Vhailor said:
Most of the people hating on the show aren't even the target audience in the first place. It's like a vegan walking into a steakhouse and yelling at the manager because there is too much meat on the menu(no euphemism intended).

The show isn't meant for you. If you hate it so much, then just move along and watch something that caters to your taste.

Their opinions are literally invalid lol. Nobody cares what some clown who hates the concept thinks about the show. Reminds me of the people who always bitch about how wrestling/WWE is fake meanwhile its been on the air for decades and the fans of the WWE love the content. The only ones not having any fun are the haters... Sad


I was watching for Imouto and incest. Not good enough. 1/10. Love Tyrant though did give me enough of what I wanted. But it wasn't even a show that I went in thinking it would.
The anime community in a nutshell.
 
Jun 30, 2017 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Reikuo said:

Their opinions are literally invalid lol. Nobody cares what some clown who hates the concept thinks about the show. Reminds me of the people who always bitch about how wrestling/WWE is fake meanwhile its been on the air for decades and the fans of the WWE love the content. The only ones not having any fun are the haters... Sad


I was watching for Imouto and incest. Not good enough. 1/10. Love Tyrant though did give me enough of what I wanted. But it wasn't even a show that I went in thinking it would.

Looks to me like you went in expecting stupid shit and did not get it, so you settled for something else.
 
Jun 30, 2017 9:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4663
Reikuo said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:


I was watching for Imouto and incest. Not good enough. 1/10. Love Tyrant though did give me enough of what I wanted. But it wasn't even a show that I went in thinking it would.

Looks to me like you went in expecting stupid shit and did not get it, so you settled for something else.
Well it isn't as if I wasn't the intended audience. I did like season 1 of Oreimo, but this felt like the betrayal of season 2 of Oreimo all over again. lol.
The anime community in a nutshell.
 
Jun 30, 2017 10:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 311
The only real problem that i find in this anime, based in his genre, is how the male protagonist the only real good thing that haves is the cooking skill, and yet he manages to makes an harem around him. and i cant ship him with anyone, yes many succeful animes needs ships, even when your ship sunks you feel emotion, this one doesn't have any ship (even when they tried to make that in chapter 9 and 10).

I realy love the dance in the opening, and the idea of the mic.
 
Jun 30, 2017 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Reikuo said:

Looks to me like you went in expecting stupid shit and did not get it, so you settled for something else.
Well it isn't as if I wasn't the intended audience. I did like season 1 of Oreimo, but this felt like the betrayal of season 2 of Oreimo all over again. lol.

I rank it Oreimo s1 > Eromanga Sensei >>> Oreimo s2

So if Eromanga Sensei gets a season 2 that is as good as the first, or maybe even better, it will be better then Oreimo for me.
 
Jul 1, 2017 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 23
People is still angry with Oreimo ending...and Eromanga-sensei is from the same creators...so thats why so much hate
 
Jul 1, 2017 8:53 AM
Retired

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5834
Mostly moral fags, screaming "muh incest" or "muh lolis and pedo-bait" and people jumping on a bandwagon just like it was with SAO and the such.
 
Jul 1, 2017 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Darek said:
Mostly moral fags, screaming "muh incest" or "muh lolis and pedo-bait" and people jumping on a bandwagon just like it was with SAO and the such.

Dont you love the people who say I liked Oreimo and I dont like this so my opinion is 100% fact. Mostly butthurt Kuroneko fans : P

Ayase ~
 
Jul 1, 2017 10:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 19
 
Jul 1, 2017 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
•This show feels artificial about its grotesque loli fetish pandering, as if it's not even catering to its audience in a genuine manner
•The character designs are horrible
•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy
•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen
•The way they go about being meta is so fake and obnoxious
•Animation is choppy
•Mediocre OP and ED

Keep in mind, all of this was from the first episode alone and I heard this show just gets worse.
So yeah, these are some reasons why we hate this god awful show, OP.

Also, check our Digibro and BestGuy Ever in their Eromanga-Sensei Evedy Week series for more on why this show is poorly animated and badly written.
Modified by CodeBlazeFate, Jul 1, 2017 12:02 PM
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 1, 2017 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 645
CodeBlazeFate said:
Also, check our Digibro and BestGuy Ever in their Eromanga-Sensei Evedy Week series for more on why this show is poorly animated and badly written.


Don't know BestGuy, but watching Digibro from my perspective isn't a good way to determine if a show is badly written or not. He has knowledge about animation quality & techniques, I'll give him that, but otherwise he's very snobby, not very fond of how he presents his arguments.
 
Jul 1, 2017 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
No matter what fu**ing reason is, No matter what
always , there are always people out there that don't agree with U and so yeah , everyone have their own style , some one hate it, some one love it.
not only this anime , there are thousands out there , they have situation like this. U should always remember that U are enjoying this anime or not ?
for example i love this anime just like u. my brother didn't like it when he saw first episode and dropped it even in episode 1. another example i hate Onepunch man but my brother like it . even we argue about these kind of things and try convince each other about good or bad sides but nothing changed , just like Discussion that we have here. and yeah there are some reasons to hate it and some reasons to like it even when u read reviews u can see it.
that's why i always say u will never really understand until u try yourself.
I really hope for another season ^_^.
Modified by Mr_Avatar, Jul 1, 2017 4:16 PM
Make Tea
Not War :))
 
Jul 1, 2017 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 687
Besides well animated, all of your reasons are ... well, how can i say it... umm, ehh.. garbage.
 
Jul 1, 2017 4:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 494
it is a great anime the characters design is great .elf yamada and megumin are great
maybe i like it because i don't feel guilty since the girls in the anime are only 2 years younger than me.so the fbi will let me alone
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
 
Jul 1, 2017 4:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 42
I'll start with saying, yes, I am outside of this show's target audience. However I decided to give it a go after hearing a lot of good things from people who would also be considered outside of said target audience. I thought maybe it might be more than just the usual collage of cliches you find in this genre, maybe it would have compelling and realistic writing. Oh boy...

To be blunt, the writing is pure garbage, plot convenient things just HAPPEN with no reasoning or explaination, nothing feels remotely genuine or human about interactions between characters, the world seems only exist for these characters (no depth,) the characters are all 100% textbook cliches with nothing particularly new, exciting or believably human about them. It's just generic, there are is a cubic buttload of other manga and anime that are practically indistinguishable from it, in terms of all the cliches and tropes it employs.

The animation was very choppy. The art itself was consistent in quality, though.

Also the comments freaking out about "haters" and demanding a safe space for only people who love it with 120% of their hearts are hilarious.
 
Jul 1, 2017 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2916
the hate comes probably from what i like to call the asterisk war effect
whenever digibro starts a video series just to rant on how much a show sucks,than that show becomes a free for all to everyone in the community to start hating it,and talking about how much that series sucks
the same kind of thing happened with sword art online,to a larger degree,and with the asterik war to a smaller degree
weirdly enough that is probably the biggest reason why the asterisk war or eromanga sensei have as much relevance in anime discussion as they do now,is because of that same effet
 
Jul 1, 2017 5:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
CodeBlazeFate said:

Keep in mind, all of this was from the first episode alone and I heard this show just gets worse.
So yeah, these are some reasons why we hate this god awful show, OP.

Also, check our Digibro and BestGuy Ever in their Eromanga-Sensei Evedy Week series for more on why this show is poorly animated and badly written.

So you come in using massive amounts of bluster and bombastic words with a nasty tone to make not 1 single valid criticism because apparently you had been unable to extract one. Then you recommend a podcast longer then the series itself with the worlds pastiest ass grown man sitting on his friends raw mattress picking his feet and crying about anime. Wow.


•This show feels artificial about its grotesque loli fetish pandering, as if it's not even catering to its audience in a genuine manner

Asinine in every sense, blu-ray sales will prove this statement to be full blown lunacy in a few days.
•The character designs are horrible

As subjective as it gets, and about as stale and low energy too. Clearly your in no position to be speaking about this shows "audience".
•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy

Seems executed just fine to me, what did you expect?
•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen

Subjective whether any of that is even a negative, imouto and loli are not personality traits...
•The way they go about being meta is so fake and obnoxious

Not up to date enough on whatever backwater forum people cry on that spawned this retarded lingo.
•Animation is choppy

Its not the best, far from the worse. For A-1 I dont see anything out of the ordinary.
•Mediocre OP and ED

Total bullshit. Views, sales, and community reception are all highly positive for the OP and ED.

If you have to come in and insult character designs, the opening and ending, animation, "meta", and then speak for some magic group of people the "Audience" to give your worthless generic claims some sort of false sense of force behind them its because your in the wrong. You came here and did not list 1 single criticism other then an extremely ambiguous statement about Sagiri being a NEET.

Just seems to me your insulting the theme and concept rather then tackling whether or not this show is a good entry into the genre. Any brain dead jackass could come up with your list of complaints, they are all based on visuals, it reeks of low energy and may be the most ingenuine post I have seen on this show.
 
Jul 1, 2017 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
Reikuo said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Keep in mind, all of this was from the first episode alone and I heard this show just gets worse.
So yeah, these are some reasons why we hate this god awful show, OP.

Also, check our Digibro and BestGuy Ever in their Eromanga-Sensei Evedy Week series for more on why this show is poorly animated and badly written.

So you come in using massive amounts of bluster and bombastic words with a nasty tone to make not 1 single valid criticism because apparently you had been unable to extract one. Then you recommend a podcast longer then the series itself with the worlds pastiest ass grown man sitting on his friends raw mattress picking his feet and crying about anime. Wow.


•This show feels artificial about its grotesque loli fetish pandering, as if it's not even catering to its audience in a genuine manner

Asinine in every sense, blu-ray sales will prove this statement to be full blown lunacy in a few days.
•The character designs are horrible

As subjective as it gets, and about as stale and low energy too. Clearly your in no position to be speaking about this shows "audience".
•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy

Seems executed just fine to me, what did you expect?
•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen

Subjective whether any of that is even a negative, imouto and loli are not personality traits...
•The way they go about being meta is so fake and obnoxious

Not up to date enough on whatever backwater forum people cry on that spawned this retarded lingo.
•Animation is choppy

Its not the best, far from the worse. For A-1 I dont see anything out of the ordinary.
•Mediocre OP and ED

Total bullshit. Views, sales, and community reception are all highly positive for the OP and ED.

If you have to come in and insult character designs, the opening and ending, animation, "meta", and then speak for some magic group of people the "Audience" to give your worthless generic claims some sort of false sense of force behind them its because your in the wrong. You came here and did not list 1 single criticism other then an extremely ambiguous statement about Sagiri being a NEET.

Just seems to me your insulting the theme and concept rather then tackling whether or not this show is a good entry into the genre. Any brain dead jackass could come up with your list of complaints, they are all based on visuals, it reeks of low energy and may be the most ingenuine post I have seen on this show.
It's funny how you say I'm coming in with insanely harsh and toxic words when your tone and diction show that you're worse than me in this regard. Yes, some of these are very valid criticisms. Mediocre animation and bad characters, and bad execution of ideas are legitimate criticisms. Also, these guys actually have humor, and genuine human reactions, and are, at least to me and most people who watch either of their videos, much more entertaining and fulfilling than this show. Besides, it's a good way to get the gist of why this show sucks if you don't wanna watch the show or if you dropped it. Also, they stay fairly normal in terms of reaction and volume for most part in this series of videos, so that's proof that you didn't even watch them and are just having a knee-jerk reaction, unless you did in which you still had that reaction.

Your argument is complete bullshit. Blu-ray sales mean absolutely nothing in this case. If a show feels artificial in how it handles things, people like me will notice, and believe me, we have. Two friends of mine who like this kind of show found it to not even be good, and found it ingenuine, and I feel the same way, as if it's pandering for the sake of it to other niches outside of its main one, bogging down its purpose of appealing to people who like lolis and incest.

As if I am speaking about the audience. I simply hate the character designs, and when did I bring up audience in this regard. I'm speaking for the people who hate this show, not the target audience of the show, you loon.

A messy room, bad personal hygene, paranoia, stuff that makes NEETs NEETs according to NEETs themselves and friends of NEETs. This isn't even really played for comedic value either.

No, it really isn't, at least not as much as you wish. It's a negative when a character is nothing more than multiple token characters wrapped up into one. She is the typical shy little sister combined with the typical tsundere you'd see in a harem anime combined with the fact that she is also a loli. Maybe some people inherently like trope characters, but in terms of actual narrative, it's bad.

Wtf are you even on about? The way this show goes about being meta abot light novels is obnoxious, especially the moment where Saigiri does her usual tsundere "Baka Baka Baka" stunt and tries to insult the main character (of this light nice adaptation) a Light Novel Protagonist. Tell me that isn't so on the nose to the point where you could easily see genre savvy people finding this groan-inducing.

SAO's animation isn't this choppy. SAO II looked even better. ERASED looked wonderful. The Asterisk War looked ok but it's animation wasn't this choppy, and it's second season looked even better. Your Lie In April looks way better. These shows came out 1-5 years ago, so this has no excuse looking so mediocre by comparison, even if it doesn't really look flat out terrible.

For once, coming at me with the "subjective" argument might've actually made you seem like you knew what you were talking about since in fairness, it is subjective that I don't like the OP or ED. Sales don't even matter in this context either, since most OPs and EDs (especially those used in popular anime) sell well.

So no. It wasn't just baseless and generic complaints. They weren't all that expanded upon, but here you go. You actually inserted things when they weren't there, like about audiences and sales, thinking that brining up irrelevant shit was bound to prove me wrong. I listed reasons why some people hate this show, including myself. Sure, it would be even better if someone who finished the show listed a mountain of reasons to give the ultimate smack down to OP and his thread, but hey, this is still something. Don't even try to say I was just insulting the premise or concept of the show rather than the show itself given how I brought up animation, execution of concept, and other things that wouldn't remotely apply to the concept of the show. If my post is the most ingenuine, then yours is the most knee-jerk and useless, or at least the 2nd worst in those regards, right behind OP's.
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 1, 2017 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
@CodeBlazeFate

It's funny how you say I'm coming in with insanely harsh and toxic words when your tone and diction show that you're worse than me in this regard. Yes, some of these are very valid criticisms. Mediocre animation and bad characters, and bad execution of ideas are legitimate criticisms. Also, these guys actually have humor, and genuine human reactions, and are, at least to me and most people who watch either of their videos, much more entertaining and fulfilling than this show. Besides, it's a good way to get the gist of why this show sucks if you don't wanna watch the show or if you dropped it. Also, they stay fairly normal in terms of reaction and volume for most part in this series of videos, so that's proof that you didn't even watch them and are just having a knee-jerk reaction, unless you did in which you still had that reaction.

You got a taste of your own medicine and clearly did not like it. Those criticisms are so generic and bare bones... Any loser can spend as much time as you have on an anime board crying about bad animation to which you have already grossly exaggerate what little that statement did hold into pointless incoherent babbling. The animation is nowhere near bad enough to spend as much time talking about as you have.All I know about Digi is that his content is quite bitchy, overly moody, and negative across the board. Then the rest of your outburst is regurgitating talking points and over the top complaints they whined about in their podcast. Considering you have only seen 1 episode as you said yourself yet you find this podcast more fulfilling then the entire show. "super human fantasy"


Your argument is complete bullshit. Blu-ray sales mean absolutely nothing in this case. If a show feels artificial in how it handles things, people like me will notice, and believe me, we have. Two friends of mine who like this kind of show found it to not even be good, and found it ingenuine, and I feel the same way, as if it's pandering for the sake of it to other niches outside of its main one, bogging down its purpose of appealing to people who like lolis and incest.

This just sounds like generic headcannon to me, this is clearly someone who is too deep into the cult of Digibro the pale dipshit. Maybe stop watching a show figuring out what label to slap onto every scene and just fucking watch it? Again you try and call in reinforcements, "Two friends" Im not talking to your friends im talking to your dumbass, speak for yourself. Regardless if your going to say " bogging down its purpose of appealing to people who like lolis and incest." Then im pretty sure sales figures, the only numbers we have, are a great way to measure the success of this shows pandering to these audiences. Just because your mislabeling the show does not mean they are unsuccessful in extracting sales out of their target audience. Again prepare to be proven flat out wrong in a few days.

As if I am speaking about the audience. I simply hate the character designs, and when did I bring up audience in this regard. I'm speaking for the people who hate this show, not the target audience of the show, you loon.
I have honestly never heard this critique but since you seem to know the in and outs of what everyone hates about this show since you have invested so much time into finding out even though you have seen 1 episode, sure have one.

A messy room, bad personal hygene, paranoia, stuff that makes NEETs NEETs according to NEETs themselves and friends of NEETs. This isn't even really played for comedic value either.

So your mad that Sagiri is not your generic trope of a NEET yet complain when she fits other tropes like tsundere? Alright.

No, it really isn't, at least not as much as you wish. It's a negative when a character is nothing more than multiple token characters wrapped up into one. She is the typical shy little sister combined with the typical tsundere you'd see in a harem anime combined with the fact that she is also a loli. Maybe some people inherently like trope characters, but in terms of actual narrative, it's bad.

This one is fair, I think there is more to her then that but there is some subjectivity involved that does not need argued further. Clearly your looking to see the worst case when possible.

Wtf are you even on about? The way this show goes about being meta abot light novels is obnoxious, especially the moment where Saigiri does her usual tsundere "Baka Baka Baka" stunt and tries to insult the main character (of this light nice adaptation) a Light Novel Protagonist. Tell me that isn't so on the nose to the point where you could easily see genre savvy people finding this groan-inducing.
The baka's did not make me laugh but I did at the " Light Novel Protagonist" though I have not seen that joke before, I dont spend all day gorging anime. It worked for me and im not sure obnoxious really gets the point across. We get it you have seen the joke before.

SAO's animation isn't this choppy. SAO II looked even better. ERASED looked wonderful. The Asterisk War looked ok but it's animation wasn't this choppy, and it's second season looked even better. Your Lie In April looks way better. These shows came out 1-5 years ago, so this has no excuse looking so mediocre by comparison, even if it doesn't really look flat out terrible.

I just dont see this one, I rarely see people complain about it either but there was animation inconsistencies between episodes for sure, I thought the animation was great and my viewing experience was not negatively impacted. Interesting you know so much about the entire shows animation quality for only having seen 1 episode and a few gifs or clips online giving you the benefit of the doubt.

For once, coming at me with the "subjective" argument might've actually made you seem like you knew what you were talking about since in fairness, it is subjective that I don't like the OP or ED. Sales don't even matter in this context either, since most OPs and EDs (especially those used in popular anime) sell well.
You called them mediocre, they dont have mediocre anything. You dont like numbers when they dont suit you I imagine, you think people just pick up any old song thats in an anime OP, thats really your argument? Come on, you was short on criticisms and this one was just bouncing off the walls stupid. Your really on thin ice if you have to say the OP and ED was bad just to come up with ammunition for your hit piece.

So no. It wasn't just baseless and generic complaints. They weren't all that expanded upon, but here you go. You actually inserted things when they weren't there, like about audiences and sales, thinking that brining up irrelevant shit was bound to prove me wrong. I listed reasons why some people hate this show, including myself. Sure, it would be even better if someone who finished the show listed a mountain of reasons to give the ultimate smack down to OP and his thread, but hey, this is still something. Don't even try to say I was just insulting the premise or concept of the show rather than the show itself given how I brought up animation, execution of concept, and other things that wouldn't remotely apply to the concept of the show. If my post is the most ingenuine, then yours is the most knee-jerk and useless, or at least the 2nd worst in those regards, right behind OP's.

Regurgitating what you hear other people say is as ingenuine as it gets and its just that simple. Do you do this for every single show, or did Digis podcast inspire you to be an ass? You picked out this for for whatever reason, came to share a cruddy opinion shitting on the visuals of episode 1 and offering nothing else cept shit you heard online. Your entitled to not like the show fine, but if your going to come and cry about it with such a nasty tone when you only saw one episode dont be surprised when someone comes along forcing you to react with better standards.

 
Jul 1, 2017 7:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
Reikuo said:
@CodeBlazeFate

It's funny how you say I'm coming in with insanely harsh and toxic words when your tone and diction show that you're worse than me in this regard. Yes, some of these are very valid criticisms. Mediocre animation and bad characters, and bad execution of ideas are legitimate criticisms. Also, these guys actually have humor, and genuine human reactions, and are, at least to me and most people who watch either of their videos, much more entertaining and fulfilling than this show. Besides, it's a good way to get the gist of why this show sucks if you don't wanna watch the show or if you dropped it. Also, they stay fairly normal in terms of reaction and volume for most part in this series of videos, so that's proof that you didn't even watch them and are just having a knee-jerk reaction, unless you did in which you still had that reaction.

You got a taste of your own medicine and clearly did not like it. Those criticisms are so generic and bare bones... Any loser can spend as much time as you have on an anime board crying about bad animation to which you have already grossly exaggerate what little that statement did hold into pointless incoherent babbling. The animation is nowhere near bad enough to spend as much time talking about as you have.All I know about Digi is that his content is quite bitchy, overly moody, and negative across the board. Then the rest of your outburst is regurgitating talking points and over the top complaints they whined about in their podcast. Considering you have only seen 1 episode as you said yourself yet you find this podcast more fulfilling then the entire show. "super human fantasy"


Your argument is complete bullshit. Blu-ray sales mean absolutely nothing in this case. If a show feels artificial in how it handles things, people like me will notice, and believe me, we have. Two friends of mine who like this kind of show found it to not even be good, and found it ingenuine, and I feel the same way, as if it's pandering for the sake of it to other niches outside of its main one, bogging down its purpose of appealing to people who like lolis and incest.

This just sounds like generic headcannon to me, this is clearly someone who is too deep into the cult of Digibro the pale dipshit. Maybe stop watching a show figuring out what label to slap onto every scene and just fucking watch it? Again you try and call in reinforcements, "Two friends" Im not talking to your friends im talking to your dumbass, speak for yourself. Regardless if your going to say " bogging down its purpose of appealing to people who like lolis and incest." Then im pretty sure sales figures, the only numbers we have, are a great way to measure the success of this shows pandering to these audiences. Just because your mislabeling the show does not mean they are unsuccessful in extracting sales out of their target audience. Again prepare to be proven flat out wrong in a few days.

As if I am speaking about the audience. I simply hate the character designs, and when did I bring up audience in this regard. I'm speaking for the people who hate this show, not the target audience of the show, you loon.
I have honestly never heard this critique but since you seem to know the in and outs of what everyone hates about this show since you have invested so much time into finding out even though you have seen 1 episode, sure have one.

A messy room, bad personal hygene, paranoia, stuff that makes NEETs NEETs according to NEETs themselves and friends of NEETs. This isn't even really played for comedic value either.

So your mad that Sagiri is not your generic trope of a NEET yet complain when she fits other tropes like tsundere? Alright.

No, it really isn't, at least not as much as you wish. It's a negative when a character is nothing more than multiple token characters wrapped up into one. She is the typical shy little sister combined with the typical tsundere you'd see in a harem anime combined with the fact that she is also a loli. Maybe some people inherently like trope characters, but in terms of actual narrative, it's bad.

This one is fair, I think there is more to her then that but there is some subjectivity involved that does not need argued further. Clearly your looking to see the worst case when possible.

Wtf are you even on about? The way this show goes about being meta abot light novels is obnoxious, especially the moment where Saigiri does her usual tsundere "Baka Baka Baka" stunt and tries to insult the main character (of this light nice adaptation) a Light Novel Protagonist. Tell me that isn't so on the nose to the point where you could easily see genre savvy people finding this groan-inducing.
The baka's did not make me laugh but I did at the " Light Novel Protagonist" though I have not seen that joke before, I dont spend all day gorging anime. It worked for me and im not sure obnoxious really gets the point across. We get it you have seen the joke before.

SAO's animation isn't this choppy. SAO II looked even better. ERASED looked wonderful. The Asterisk War looked ok but it's animation wasn't this choppy, and it's second season looked even better. Your Lie In April looks way better. These shows came out 1-5 years ago, so this has no excuse looking so mediocre by comparison, even if it doesn't really look flat out terrible.

I just dont see this one, I rarely see people complain about it either but there was animation inconsistencies between episodes for sure, I thought the animation was great and my viewing experience was not negatively impacted. Interesting you know so much about the entire shows animation quality for only having seen 1 episode and a few gifs or clips online giving you the benefit of the doubt.

For once, coming at me with the "subjective" argument might've actually made you seem like you knew what you were talking about since in fairness, it is subjective that I don't like the OP or ED. Sales don't even matter in this context either, since most OPs and EDs (especially those used in popular anime) sell well.
You called them mediocre, they dont have mediocre anything. You dont like numbers when they dont suit you I imagine, you think people just pick up any old song thats in an anime OP, thats really your argument? Come on, you was short on criticisms and this one was just bouncing off the walls stupid. Your really on thin ice if you have to say the OP and ED was bad just to come up with ammunition for your hit piece.

So no. It wasn't just baseless and generic complaints. They weren't all that expanded upon, but here you go. You actually inserted things when they weren't there, like about audiences and sales, thinking that brining up irrelevant shit was bound to prove me wrong. I listed reasons why some people hate this show, including myself. Sure, it would be even better if someone who finished the show listed a mountain of reasons to give the ultimate smack down to OP and his thread, but hey, this is still something. Don't even try to say I was just insulting the premise or concept of the show rather than the show itself given how I brought up animation, execution of concept, and other things that wouldn't remotely apply to the concept of the show. If my post is the most ingenuine, then yours is the most knee-jerk and useless, or at least the 2nd worst in those regards, right behind OP's.

Regurgitating what you hear other people say is as ingenuine as it gets and its just that simple. Do you do this for every single show, or did Digis podcast inspire you to be an ass? You picked out this for for whatever reason, came to share a cruddy opinion shitting on the visuals of episode 1 and offering nothing else cept shit you heard online. Your entitled to not like the show fine, but if your going to come and cry about it with such a nasty tone when you only saw one episode dont be surprised when someone comes along forcing you to react with better standards.

If what you call a taste of my own medicine is an infinitely more aggressive and bitter rebuttal of my mostly mild-mannered and calm claims, then you're sorely mistaken. At worst, it came off as listing in a minimally negative tone while you went and had a more accusatory approach and angrier language as well as profanity to the mix. Also, the animation was choppy, my thernit was terrible. I simply compared it to shows of this studio with better and more fluid animation from the past half-decade with 1 sentence maximum ahorh tjen, and you find that to be a long amount of time spent on animation criticism? Wtf?! That wasn't even a paragraph being spent there, unless you think that anything more than a simple phrase on what
I feel is wrong with the animation is just too much.

Funny when you come up with your own headcannons. Interestingly, I made my thoughts on the episode long before watching Digi's series on this series, and I can cehemedly disagree with him from time to time, like when he criticized all dubs for being terrible and full or random, beyond inexperienced people who can't act, almost exclusively, when there are a multitude of exceptions like Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman. I didn't come here to slap a label, I came to the show to see what all the fuss was about, which incidentally has made each show I come to with this "what is everyone going on about, I have to know" mindset be more painful to me than I was told. Did I have preconceived notions about it? Yes? Did it stop me from being especially stunned and infuriated and realizing that this was something I just couldn't handle despite thinking I could? No.

I'm surrounded by friends here and a few in real life who hate this show with a passion, and, along with the Digi and BGY series on this show, I was able to really have a look into why a decent amount of people hate this show, so I can speak for them, especially since I agree almost wholeheartedly.

If they want to portray her straight as a NEET, getting it cartoonishly wrong like this makes me a bit annoyed, and to see her be this irritating amalgamation of tropes that I don't find done well with her at all, just makes me really hate Saigiri as a character.

Glad we can sort of come to an understanding on this fourth point, though I'll say that this was all I could see about this character from what I saw, and I never remotely expected her to be that.

I haven't really seen this exact joke before, but it didn't resonate with me at all, especially since I've seen a decent amount of LN adaptations and am surrounded by people who have seen enough of them to where if they had a dollar for every time they saw one, they'd have double digits in money from thet alone. I know some stuff about Light Novel adaptations and their tropes, which made he joke come off as especially irritating to me, hence why I called it obnoxious.

If I said that they were bad, your point would've largely remained the same given that you used numbers to refute a subjective point that could've been refuted by you actually saying that it was subjective and not that strong a criticism. Numbers are irrelevant to this situation. I find the tracks mediocre, not a real pain to listen to but not a joy to the ears either.

For your question, about neither! If I regurgitate people's points, that means that I was late to the party and made points that coincidentally sided with the consensus', and it wasn't Digi that made me come to this thread to explain a bit about why I (and others) hate this show, it was this thread with choice lines that were very accusatory. You want to talk about being an ass?! You just casted a boulder at my glass house, if you get what I'm getting at hypocrisy. You found my borderline neutral tone nasty, look at how you handled it by upping the ante in terms of angry tone, as if figuring regular candle fire with flaming dragon breath makes it right to antagonize my tone, especially since you'd tarred with this tone and I had to escalate to match it. Also, you really take offense to me answering the OP's question with problems that I have that just so happen to be what many people who hate this show think, don't you? I bet if I went to this thread and said "I didn't like the animation or Saigiri as a character, and I really didn't like the humor", you'd still accuse me of making inflammatory and regurgitated comments with words laced in venom, wouldn't you? It's not much more neutral than the tone I took with my initial post.

Also, why did you @ me when you were basically gonna quote my posts anyway? Just edit out the post you made her I reacted to and call r a day.
Modified by CodeBlazeFate, Jul 1, 2017 7:46 PM
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 1, 2017 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 72
Reikuo said:
You called them mediocre, they dont have mediocre anything. You dont like numbers when they dont suit you I imagine, you think people just pick up any old song thats in an anime OP, thats really your argument? Come on, you was short on criticisms and this one was just bouncing off the walls stupid. Your really on thin ice if you have to say the OP and ED was bad just to come up with ammunition for your hit piece.


Haven't even watched the anime yet so I can't say much about that, but I've seen the OP and ED and they're indeed mediocre. Sales don't make anything good. I could give plenty of examples of terrible popular artists but I think you get the point. Visually, both the OP and ED are bland and generic. The songs are not as bad but still far from original or interesting. They'll most likely be forgotten in a few months.
 
Jul 1, 2017 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
CodeBlazeFate said:
If I said that they were bad, your point would've largely remained the same given that you used numbers to refute a subjective point that could've been refuted by you actually saying that it was subjective and not that strong a criticism. Numbers are irrelevant to this situation. I find the tracks mediocre, not a real pain to listen to but not a joy to the ears either.

For your question, about neither! If I regurgitate people's points, that means that I was late to the party and made points that coincidentally sided with the consensus', and it wasn't Digi that made me come to this thread to explain a bit about why I (and others) hate this show, it was this thread with choice lines that were very accusatory. You want to talk about being an ass?! You just casted a boulder at my glass house, if you get what I'm getting at hypocrisy. You found my borderline neutral tone nasty, look at how you handled it by upping the ante in terms of angry tone, as if figuring regular candle fire with flaming dragon breath makes it right to antagonize my tone, especially since you'd tarred with this tone and I had to escalate to match it. Also, you really take offense to me answering the OP's question with problems that I have that just so happen to be what many people who hate this show think, don't you? I bet if I went to this thread and said "I didn't like the animation or Saigiri as a character, and I really didn't like the humor", you'd still accuse me of making inflammatory and regurgitated comments with words laced in venom, wouldn't you? It's not much more neutral than the tone I took with my initial post.

Also, why did you @ me when you were basically gonna quote my posts anyway? Just edit out the post you made her I reacted to and call r a day.

Well we probably came to as much of a conclusion as possible. I felt your original post was unfair, still do, and I think you agreed to an extent as far as I understood it. Which is what I was pushing for, I never actually made direct claims or statements about the quality or level of the shows content, just the quality of your criticisms. I personally would not go around posting the consensus of my friends and youtubers I watch on the forum for a show I have see 1 episode for... Imagine if everyone did that for any show, not just Eromanga Sensei. The forums would be even worse then they are now. You probably feel you could personally get away with it but I also personally felt I instantly saw some bullshit in your posts.

You originally had been speaking for an audience, to which you eventually summed up who exactly this was so I wont try and rebuke the opinions of your friends, and I did not really want to discuss Digibro as much as he came up, but clearly I disagree with the entirety of his podcast.

The OP has 1.2 million views on youtube with 12k thumbs up and 224 thumbs down, seems to me like thats a decent enough pool of people to say that the OP is perceived by viewers as not being mediocre, sure you think its mediocre, to this I would have never even quoted or made a statement about or brought up sales during any of this. Your original post said "we" but im not seeing this horde of people bitching about the quality of the OP or ED, it felt like just an extra complaint to toss in for the sake of extending the list.

As for why I defended the show like I did, I just dont think anything about it is even remotely worse then the average show released in this genre. I could expand further but there is no point for me its just that simple. Most of the time criticisms in the vein of your original post are from SJW types which is why I had an incendiary tone, on this assumption I was wrong and kudos for not going that route even once.

Finally I probably would not have responded to your post at all had you not made it sound as if you was speaking for a group with such a weak amount of criticisms and almost all of them being about the visuals. There are plenty of people on this board who like the show and dont like the show and I responded to yours because I felt it was the most disingenuous with a low quality of content/subject matter while proclaiming to be a voice for people not present.
 
Jul 1, 2017 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
@Reikuo Basiclalu, none of this wouldn't have happened if I didn't do exactly as OP asked (say why I and some others hate it since he didn't understand why we do)? That's...strange.

Some of these points I originally made were admittedly not as concensus-based for me as other pinned and I probably should have made that aspect more clear, though that, again, doesn't really validate the statistics you bring up to try to disprove that argument. Honestly, I rather blatantly claimed the exact opposite about my original post: that it was pretty mild, basically quick listing without putting much of my emotions into it, basically that I held back my hatred for what little of the anime I watched before dropping it all together.

Going as far as to basically call these post and people who post them as SJWs is pretty accusatory and asinine, partially since SJWs never actually cared about this topic whatsoever (as of now at least) and I still stand by my post being barely below neutral, though I'll happily take knowing that even with these follow-ups it didn't get too or of hand (even on my part, which is strange since I'm usually the one that gets too angry after a while).
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 1, 2017 9:53 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
CodeBlazeFate said:
@Reikuo Basiclalu, none of this wouldn't have happened if I didn't do exactly as OP asked (say why I and some others hate it since he didn't understand why we do)? That's...strange.

Some of these points I originally made were admittedly not as concensus-based for me as other pinned and I probably should have made that aspect more clear, though that, again, doesn't really validate the statistics you bring up to try to disprove that argument. Honestly, I rather blatantly claimed the exact opposite about my original post: that it was pretty mild, basically quick listing without putting much of my emotions into it, basically that I held back my hatred for what little of the anime I watched before dropping it all together.

Going as far as to basically call these post and people who post them as SJWs is pretty accusatory and asinine, partially since SJWs never actually cared about this topic whatsoever (as of now at least) and I still stand by my post being barely below neutral, though I'll happily take knowing that even with these follow-ups it didn't get too or of hand (even on my part, which is strange since I'm usually the one that gets too angry after a while).

"grotesque loli fetish, horrible, Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein, fake and obnoxious"

Well you painted a strong picture for being slightly below neutral, and if you had to hold back your hatred how did I pick up on it from the start? Generally its a safe assumption someone using those types of words carries a bit of disdain on the topic at hand.

As for statistics its just a perspective that has some numbers to back it up. I have no doubt you dont like the OP or the ED, but im just not seeing a great number of people who share the same opinion. Some clearly do as with anything but the numbers I was able to find had an overwhelmingly positive reception. Though again I would have not brought up numbers had you specifically stated it was just your personal opinion.

As for SJW I just meant you did not go on about Sagiri being too young or the fan service element of the show.
 
Jul 1, 2017 11:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
•Mediocre OP and ED
CodeBlazeFate said:
•This show feels artificial about its grotesque loli fetish pandering, as if it's not even catering to its audience in a genuine manner
•The character designs are horrible
•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy
•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen
•The way they go about being meta is so fake and obnoxious
•Animation is choppy
•Mediocre OP and ED

Keep in mind, all of this was from the first episode alone and I heard this show just gets worse.
So yeah, these are some reasons why we hate this god awful show, OP.

Also, check our Digibro and BestGuy Ever in their Eromanga-Sensei Evedy Week series for more on why this show is poorly animated and badly written.


•The character designs are horrible

This is subjective, but if the character design is considered "horrible", it's either you lack aesthetic sense or an elitist. Care to show an example of what's considered "not horrible" character design? Character design is average or above average at most.

•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy

I'm not sure why it's badly executed. :o
I only see it as, a young girl scared of talking to people. Again, here feels like, haters are being elitist, judging a genre they "hate".

•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen

You saw one episode. And you think having a mixture of stereotypes are horrible. So it's the opposite of the hated bland character. Elitist aren't really satisfied.

•Animation is choppy
Average. but not horrible. Again, you are being an elitist. I'm pretty sure we have seen far "horrible" animation.

•Mediocre OP and ED
...facepalm, seriously? Just how high are your standards.

I'm not sure what people were expecting from the show, I read the LN and I got what I generally expected.

There was no need to invent reasons why people hated the show.
It was not horrible, they just hated it.

It was an ecchi, rom-com, incest(implied), light story.
And it delivered as promised.

People hate it because it was too fan-service, voyeuristic... etc..
One look at the genre and they should have expected those.

This is like people hating a horror show because it was too scary.
 
Jul 1, 2017 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 369
People are mainly getting pissy because it has incestual themes and loli fanservice.

If you still don't understand, just take a minute to look at this quality shitpost:

 
Jul 2, 2017 4:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
myiasis said:
•Mediocre OP and ED
CodeBlazeFate said:
•This show feels artificial about its grotesque loli fetish pandering, as if it's not even catering to its audience in a genuine manner
•The character designs are horrible
•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy
•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen
•The way they go about being meta is so fake and obnoxious
•Animation is choppy
•Mediocre OP and ED

Keep in mind, all of this was from the first episode alone and I heard this show just gets worse.
So yeah, these are some reasons why we hate this god awful show, OP.

Also, check our Digibro and BestGuy Ever in their Eromanga-Sensei Evedy Week series for more on why this show is poorly animated and badly written.


•The character designs are horrible

This is subjective, but if the character design is considered "horrible", it's either you lack aesthetic sense or an elitist. Care to show an example of what's considered "not horrible" character design? Character design is average or above average at most.

•The premise about Saigiri being a NEET is so badly executed that it borders on superhuman fantasy

I'm not sure why it's badly executed. :o
I only see it as, a young girl scared of talking to people. Again, here feels like, haters are being elitist, judging a genre they "hate".

•Saigiri is nothing more than a Frankenstein of 3 awful character tropes played viciously straight: Imouto, Loli, Tsundere, and that is the full extent of her personality from what I've seen

You saw one episode. And you think having a mixture of stereotypes are horrible. So it's the opposite of the hated bland character. Elitist aren't really satisfied.

•Animation is choppy
Average. but not horrible. Again, you are being an elitist. I'm pretty sure we have seen far "horrible" animation.

•Mediocre OP and ED
...facepalm, seriously? Just how high are your standards.

I'm not sure what people were expecting from the show, I read the LN and I got what I generally expected.

There was no need to invent reasons why people hated the show.
It was not horrible, they just hated it.

It was an ecchi, rom-com, incest(implied), light story.
And it delivered as promised.

People hate it because it was too fan-service, voyeuristic... etc..
One look at the genre and they should have expected those.

This is like people hating a horror show because it was too scary.
Dude, your only argument is "elitist". You obviously can't argue for shit, and boy are you so butthurt.

I hate the character designs. It's the combination of the generic LN default designs with hair I don't like looking at, and in the case of Izumi, a really fat face. I don't like looking at these designs at all.

They play it straight but still don't do it right. Room is way to clean for someone who basically lives in her room 24/7, hygiene is way to good for someone who lives in her room 24/7, no actual paranoia. All of these are real effects being a NEET has on that person, so to see that absent is jarring. Also, can you stop saying "oh, filthy elitist being elitist and jusgy because elitism"? How about actually providing a decent argument, or leave it to someone who can.

She is literally multiple bland characters rolled up into one irritating package as far as I saw, and I cannot stand a tsundere who is literally nothing more than the base fork of her trope (or worse, a vicious version of one), and combining the typical shy inouto into the mix, yeah, a character should not just be a trope or mix it dropped as her only defining character. It's not even remotely elitist to think that. Maybe some people don't mind, but as someone who has seen these characters anglld few times over, variation is appreciated.

For 2017 standards, even 2017 A1 Pictures standards, this animation is really mediocre. SAO and SAO II was never this choppy in terms of animation. Neither were ERASED, Your Lie In April, or either season of The Asterisk War, and these came 1-5 years prior to this show, so of course I'd expect better. Not amazing animation, but for it to be this choppy is off-putting. No elitism here, dude.

FFS dude, it's called an opinion about a song! I simply don't care for the OP or ED. Standards matter not to musical taste you butthurt loon.

Dude, there are so many legit reasons to hate this show aside from the fact that they won't fold loli incest appealing. Mediocre animation, bad characters, and other aspects of the show I've heard dropped the ball in terms of pacing and whatnot. We're not creating reasons out of nowhere just to be assholes, we see problems in the show itself, even taking away the sexualization of 12 year olds and the incest-non-incest relationship.
Modified by CodeBlazeFate, Dec 16, 2017 1:38 PM
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 2, 2017 5:01 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27460
Well I've already sort-of ranted about the ridiculous way people have treated this show from the start in my review of it, but anyway this is mostly caused by people watching the show despite fully knowing they're not part of the target audience and then publically trash-talking the fuck out of it just because they think that somehow makes them cool. Then as more and more people start doing it, it eventually becomes accepted as "the normal thing to do" and people are afraid of going against the public majority or they'll get slammed down and insulted for it

The internet is rarely a friendly place, and anime with sensitive themes like this brings out the most toxic and juvenile part of the community unfortunately. I find it quite ironic that the very same people who make any fan of Eromanga-sensei out to be some sort of sinner are actually the real babies who just can't help but cry out about their butthurtness for people having different opinions than them. Seriously, grow up already. If you want to fap to stuff like Mushishi, Evangelion, Ping Pong, Monster or whatever then be my guest. I'm not going to make fun of you for that, but then I would expect you to do the same to the people that unironically actually like this kind of light-hearted and fanservice-esque stuff. It's not like you're in any way affected by those people anyway so why do you even care? Just let people watch whatever the fuck they want and don't act like a spoiled brat just because the industry isn't catering to you and you alone

Of course Eromanga-sensei is far from the first anime that have gotten this kind of scapegoat treatment. Shows like Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, Akame ga Kill and Naruto are some other examples of victims of the same kind of cancerous mindless hating just for the hell of it (even well received shows like Erased and Re:Zero has gotten a taste of this as far as I've seen crazily enough)

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Jul 2, 2017 12:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
CodeBlazeFate said:
Dude, your only argument is "elitist". You obviously can't argue for shit, and boy are you so butthurt.

I hate the character designs. It's the combination of the generic LN default designs with hair I don't like looking at, and in the case of Izumi, a really fat face. I don't like looking at these designs at all.

They play it straight but still don't do it right. Room is way to clean for someone who basically lives in her room 24/7, hygiene is way to good for someone who lives in her room 24/7, no actual paranoia. All of these are real effects being a NEET has on that person, so to see that absent is jarring. Also, can you stop saying "oh, filthy elitist being elitist and jusgy because elitism"? How about actually providing a decent argument, or leave it to someone who can.

She is literally multiple bland characters rolled up into one irritating package as far as I saw, and I cannot stand a tsundere who is literally nothing more than the base fork of her trope (or worse, a vicious version of one), and combining the typical shy inouto into the mix, yeah, a character should not just be a trope or mix it dropped as her only defining character. It's not even remotely elitist to think that. Maybe some people don't mind, but as someone who has seen these characters anglld few times over, variation is appreciated.

For 2017 standards, even 2017 A1 Pictures standards, this animation is really mediocre. SAO and SAO II was never this choppy in terms of animation. Neither were ERASED, Your Lie In April, or either season of The Asterisk War, and these came 1-5 years prior to this show, so of course I'd expect better. Not amazing animation, but for it to be this choppy is off-putting. No elitism here, dude.

FFS dude, it's called an [b]opinion about a song![/s] I simply don't care for the OP or ED. Standards matter not to musical taste you butthurt loon.

Dude, there are so many legit reasons to hate this show aside from the fact that they won't fold loli incest appealing. Mediocre animation, bad characters, and other aspects of the show I've heard dropped the ball in terms of pacing and whatnot. We're not creating reasons out of nowhere just to be assholes, we see problems in the show itself, even taking away the sexualization of 12 year olds and the incest-non-incest relationship.


Actually if you read my comment it was a perfectly logical analysis of the argument.

> You hate the character designs. Okay we get that. But to call the design horrible is pushing it. THAT is why I'm saying you either have no aesthetics or some messed up high standards. It is above average at most. I don't think that was hard to understand.
Tell me what's a good character design then, if you think this character design doesn't qualify as good.


> Too clean room/ not enough NEETs. Well, that is because the LN is SUPPOSED to be a light hearted take. It was just a plot device for the Loli-incest. It was supposed to be like that. Genre: Comedy, Ecchi. NOT Slice of life. I don't rate a horror show for having UNREALISTIC and being UNROMANTIC... etc.
You get my point? You rate a horror show for how scary it is. And this is from a LIGHT NOVEL, it was supposed to be LIGHT HEARTED Story. You judge on how much LIGHT HEARTED it is. Not for being a slice of life or unrealistic.

>Hate this show. AND THAT IS FINE. People can hate the show for hating the genre. Just like some people hate Horror movie because they can't take it. You are fine to hate it. But calling it horrible based on its own genre is uncalled for. It's like a horror-hater saying the zombie make up was too fleshy and bloody, so the show is horrible. This show was meant to be cute, ecchi, light hearted. People are supposed to judge it based on its genre.

It was supposed to be all about sexualizing a 12 y/o (your word). And it delivered. And it's fine to hate it. But calling the animation, OP, ED, horrible just because you hate the entire premise is uncalled for.

The Animation,,OP, ED, pacing, was at most average. I'm saying people are being elitist, because they seem to be expecting something from the show when there is NOTHING else to expect. It's like they have this special standard.

If people think the animation/etc is really horrible, I'd like to know their opinion on other anime with a different genre. I'd reckon some of them are rating those anime: above average, awesome... when it has the same quality.
That is why, the animation itself, is above or average at most. NOT horrible.

EDIT: And I find it ridiculous, that such a light hearted show, has to be animated with 1000000000% quality. LIKE seriously?
People keep saying it's choppy this and choppy that.

How else should it have been animated then?
I watched the entire show and I saw nothing wrong with the animation.
What was wrong with the animation????

Did you guys know that the main characters sagiri in fact had her OWN animator,(well he focuses main only heroine, but he does help with the others).
It was above average at most and you are calling it horrible? Aren't you being elitists?
Having a specific animator work on a specific character, aren't you guys throwing this persons work under the bus?

I'd reckon these people talking about animation quality rated Mob psycho's animation below 5/10. The design/style might not be that good for Mob psycho, but the animation of that was top notch. But I'm pretty sure lots of people missed that.

Edit2: Forgive me if I sounded offensive. I just want to clear it to people.
I just really dislike haters and raters, who rates shows based on their expectation outside of its genre. I know rating isn't supposed to be black and white, but there's a limit to everything. Because we can exactly rate a horror movie for not having romance. Or a vanilla manga for not having rape.

It was a show you hate and I respect your preference, but do not call its quality and execution horrible when it is not that bad. If it was that horrible (as people implied), even if I liked the genre, I wouldn't have bothered with this show.


Modified by myiasis, Jul 2, 2017 1:02 PM
 
Jul 2, 2017 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
myiasis said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Dude, your only argument is "elitist". You obviously can't argue for shit, and boy are you so butthurt.

I hate the character designs. It's the combination of the generic LN default designs with hair I don't like looking at, and in the case of Izumi, a really fat face. I don't like looking at these designs at all.

They play it straight but still don't do it right. Room is way to clean for someone who basically lives in her room 24/7, hygiene is way to good for someone who lives in her room 24/7, no actual paranoia. All of these are real effects being a NEET has on that person, so to see that absent is jarring. Also, can you stop saying "oh, filthy elitist being elitist and jusgy because elitism"? How about actually providing a decent argument, or leave it to someone who can.

She is literally multiple bland characters rolled up into one irritating package as far as I saw, and I cannot stand a tsundere who is literally nothing more than the base fork of her trope (or worse, a vicious version of one), and combining the typical shy inouto into the mix, yeah, a character should not just be a trope or mix it dropped as her only defining character. It's not even remotely elitist to think that. Maybe some people don't mind, but as someone who has seen these characters anglld few times over, variation is appreciated.

For 2017 standards, even 2017 A1 Pictures standards, this animation is really mediocre. SAO and SAO II was never this choppy in terms of animation. Neither were ERASED, Your Lie In April, or either season of The Asterisk War, and these came 1-5 years prior to this show, so of course I'd expect better. Not amazing animation, but for it to be this choppy is off-putting. No elitism here, dude.

FFS dude, it's called an [b]opinion about a song![/s] I simply don't care for the OP or ED. Standards matter not to musical taste you butthurt loon.

Dude, there are so many legit reasons to hate this show aside from the fact that they won't fold loli incest appealing. Mediocre animation, bad characters, and other aspects of the show I've heard dropped the ball in terms of pacing and whatnot. We're not creating reasons out of nowhere just to be assholes, we see problems in the show itself, even taking away the sexualization of 12 year olds and the incest-non-incest relationship.


Actually if you read my comment it was a perfectly logical analysis of the argument.

> You hate the character designs. Okay we get that. But to call the design horrible is pushing it. THAT is why I'm saying you either have no aesthetics or some messed up high standards. It is above average at most. I don't think that was hard to understand.
Tell me what's a good character design then, if you think this character design doesn't qualify as good.


> Too clean room/ not enough NEETs. Well, that is because the LN is SUPPOSED to be a light hearted take. It was just a plot device for the Loli-incest. It was supposed to be like that. Genre: Comedy, Ecchi. NOT Slice of life. I don't rate a horror show for having UNREALISTIC and being UNROMANTIC... etc.
You get my point? You rate a horror show for how scary it is. And this is from a LIGHT NOVEL, it was supposed to be LIGHT HEARTED Story. You judge on how much LIGHT HEARTED it is. Not for being a slice of life or unrealistic.

>Hate this show. AND THAT IS FINE. People can hate the show for hating the genre. Just like some people hate Horror movie because they can't take it. You are fine to hate it. But calling it horrible based on its own genre is uncalled for. It's like a horror-hater saying the zombie make up was too fleshy and bloody, so the show is horrible. This show was meant to be cute, ecchi, light hearted. People are supposed to judge it based on its genre.

It was supposed to be all about sexualizing a 12 y/o (your word). And it delivered. And it's fine to hate it. But calling the animation, OP, ED, horrible just because you hate the entire premise is uncalled for.

The Animation,,OP, ED, pacing, was at most average. I'm saying people are being elitist, because they seem to be expecting something from the show when there is NOTHING else to expect. It's like they have this special standard.

If people think the animation/etc is really horrible, I'd like to know their opinion on other anime with a different genre. I'd reckon some of them are rating those anime: above average, awesome... when it has the same quality.
That is why, the animation itself, is above or average at most. NOT horrible.
I simply hate the aesthetics of the designs. I can't stand the hair, or the LN Default facial features. I find it very unappealing, hence why I find it terrible.

You don't understand what a Light Novel is. It isn't automatically a light hearted novel. Fate/Zero is easily the bleakest, most nihilistic anime to be even remotely mainstream for anime standards, and it is adapted from a Light Novel. They are defined by word count, not the tone of content, and thus, this argument no longer applies, even if this show is indeed mostly light-hearted.

Kyoto Animation has proved that both Comedy and Slice of Life shows can be fluidly animated and brimming with detail. This show has neither of those superlatives in its animation. I never said it was horrible however, just that it was certainly choppy at times (and I watched it twice so it was definiteky tr animation and not me), and that it was on the whole mediocre, which doesn't equal bad, just that it's neither good nor bad. At best, the animation is acceptable, defend enough for this kind of show, and at worst, it's mediocre. There is no skewed standard attached to this whatsoever.

EDIT: Mob Psycho 100's animation is fucking amazing. The actual detail and fluidity and bombastic nature are done expertly.

Saigiri's animation is good from what I saw, it's everything else that is animated almost lifelesslu and ok some cases, really choppy, especially in comparison to other shows that are not known for fast or necessarily fluid animation. Feels like there are a few frames missing at points, though this is not horribly egregious, let alone the worst example of choppy animation I've seen.
Modified by CodeBlazeFate, Jul 2, 2017 1:04 PM
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 2, 2017 1:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
CodeBlazeFate said:
myiasis said:


Actually if you read my comment it was a perfectly logical analysis of the argument.

> You hate the character designs. Okay we get that. But to call the design horrible is pushing it. THAT is why I'm saying you either have no aesthetics or some messed up high standards. It is above average at most. I don't think that was hard to understand.
Tell me what's a good character design then, if you think this character design doesn't qualify as good.


> Too clean room/ not enough NEETs. Well, that is because the LN is SUPPOSED to be a light hearted take. It was just a plot device for the Loli-incest. It was supposed to be like that. Genre: Comedy, Ecchi. NOT Slice of life. I don't rate a horror show for having UNREALISTIC and being UNROMANTIC... etc.
You get my point? You rate a horror show for how scary it is. And this is from a LIGHT NOVEL, it was supposed to be LIGHT HEARTED Story. You judge on how much LIGHT HEARTED it is. Not for being a slice of life or unrealistic.

>Hate this show. AND THAT IS FINE. People can hate the show for hating the genre. Just like some people hate Horror movie because they can't take it. You are fine to hate it. But calling it horrible based on its own genre is uncalled for. It's like a horror-hater saying the zombie make up was too fleshy and bloody, so the show is horrible. This show was meant to be cute, ecchi, light hearted. People are supposed to judge it based on its genre.

It was supposed to be all about sexualizing a 12 y/o (your word). And it delivered. And it's fine to hate it. But calling the animation, OP, ED, horrible just because you hate the entire premise is uncalled for.

The Animation,,OP, ED, pacing, was at most average. I'm saying people are being elitist, because they seem to be expecting something from the show when there is NOTHING else to expect. It's like they have this special standard.

If people think the animation/etc is really horrible, I'd like to know their opinion on other anime with a different genre. I'd reckon some of them are rating those anime: above average, awesome... when it has the same quality.
That is why, the animation itself, is above or average at most. NOT horrible.
I simply hate the aesthetics of the designs. I can't stand the hair, or the LN Default facial features. I find it very unappealing, hence why I find it terrible.

You don't understand what a Light Novel is. It isn't automatically a light hearted novel. Fate/Zero is easily the bleakest, most nihilistic anime to be even remotely mainstream for anime standards, and it is adapted from a Light Novel. They are defined by word count, not the tone of content, and thus, this argument no longer applies, even if this show is indeed mostly light-hearted.

Kyoto Animation has proved that both Comedy and Slice of Life shows can be fluidly animated and brimming with detail. This show has neither of those superlatives in its animation. I never said it was horrible however, just that it was certainly choppy at times (and I watched it twice so it was definiteky tr animation and not me), and that it was on the whole mediocre, which doesn't equal bad, just that it's neither good nor bad. At best, the animation is acceptable, defend enough for this kind of show, and at worst, it's mediocre. There is no skewed standard attached to this whatsoever.


Well that is fine. You don't like the design and you find it terrible. That is completely fine. But it was not as bad as what you first implied. "horrible".
I can say the same with other shows, but I can't say it was horrible. I just don't like it. (what I felt with One Piece, but I still watch it nevertheless)

I know what a light novel is. But this LN was supposed to be light hearted.
And hey, sad to say, it was NOT Kyoto Animation who worked on this, otherwise we would have a "better" animation.

I respect people(fans/readers/etc...), but I also the author(animator/studio) who put their all to work on it. If it is bad, it is fine to criticize.

We know It's hateful for some people, but I don't think we should rate a show for being "what it is".

different strokes for different folks

An NTR manga will be deprived, and this show will be an incestuous ecchi show.

Peace

Edit: This is one of the reasons why ratings are more of a "I like/don't like" this show, rather than an actual analysis of the quality of the story, animation, music, characters etc...of the genre (i.e. Most people doesn't really know how to review)

People should really take book reviews seriously during their school days.
Modified by myiasis, Jul 2, 2017 1:19 PM
 
Jul 2, 2017 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3924
myiasis said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I simply hate the aesthetics of the designs. I can't stand the hair, or the LN Default facial features. I find it very unappealing, hence why I find it terrible.

You don't understand what a Light Novel is. It isn't automatically a light hearted novel. Fate/Zero is easily the bleakest, most nihilistic anime to be even remotely mainstream for anime standards, and it is adapted from a Light Novel. They are defined by word count, not the tone of content, and thus, this argument no longer applies, even if this show is indeed mostly light-hearted.

Kyoto Animation has proved that both Comedy and Slice of Life shows can be fluidly animated and brimming with detail. This show has neither of those superlatives in its animation. I never said it was horrible however, just that it was certainly choppy at times (and I watched it twice so it was definiteky tr animation and not me), and that it was on the whole mediocre, which doesn't equal bad, just that it's neither good nor bad. At best, the animation is acceptable, defend enough for this kind of show, and at worst, it's mediocre. There is no skewed standard attached to this whatsoever.


Well that is fine. You don't like the design and you find it terrible. That is completely fine. But it was not as bad as what you first implied. "horrible".
I can say the same with other shows, but I can't say it was horrible. I just don't like it. (what I felt with One Piece, but I still watch it nevertheless)

I know what a light novel is. But this LN was supposed to be light hearted.
And hey, sad to say, it was NOT Kyoto Animation who worked on this, otherwise we would have a "better" animation.

I respect people(fans/readers/etc...), but I also the author(animator/studio) who put their all to work on it. If it is bad, it is fine to criticize.

We know It's hateful for some people, but I don't think we should rate a show for being "what it is".

different strokes for different folks

An NTR manga will be deprived, and this show will be an incestuous ecchi show.

Peace

Edit: This is one of the reasons why ratings are more of a "I like/don't like" this show, rather than an actual analysis of the quality of the story, animation, music, characters etc...of the genre (i.e. Most people doesn't really know how to review)

People should really take book reviews seriously during their school days.
Screw Poe's Law.

Again, not necessarily. A Light Novel is NOT light-hearted by default. As much as I hate the show I'm about to describe, Akashic Records isn't very light-hearted overall, often being very serious and bleak, not to mention very bloody and not without actual deaths. Also, I know this isn't KyoAni, this is A1, but again, looking at ERASED and Your Lie In April, those shows are far better animated and directed, and the latter is almost double this show's length. Studio difference doesn't excuse low quality animation.

Different strokes for different folks, sure, but there are still legitimate criticisms levied against this show, like about how bad the characters (like Saigiri) are, and from what I've heard, the pacing of episode 7 and certain really dumb character decisions.
The necessity of character development, which is not the same as fleshing out a character's personality or backstory, is a fallacy. So is the necessity of an overarching narrative, which is not the same as a story or narrative since even episodic shows have episodic stories and things with no overarching narrative are still written narratives.
 
Jul 2, 2017 2:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
CodeBlazeFate said:
myiasis said:


Well that is fine. You don't like the design and you find it terrible. That is completely fine. But it was not as bad as what you first implied. "horrible".
I can say the same with other shows, but I can't say it was horrible. I just don't like it. (what I felt with One Piece, but I still watch it nevertheless)

I know what a light novel is. But this LN was supposed to be light hearted.
And hey, sad to say, it was NOT Kyoto Animation who worked on this, otherwise we would have a "better" animation.

I respect people(fans/readers/etc...), but I also the author(animator/studio) who put their all to work on it. If it is bad, it is fine to criticize.

We know It's hateful for some people, but I don't think we should rate a show for being "what it is".

different strokes for different folks

An NTR manga will be deprived, and this show will be an incestuous ecchi show.

Peace

Edit: This is one of the reasons why ratings are more of a "I like/don't like" this show, rather than an actual analysis of the quality of the story, animation, music, characters etc...of the genre (i.e. Most people doesn't really know how to review)

People should really take book reviews seriously during their school days.
Screw Poe's Law.

Again, not necessarily. A Light Novel is NOT light-hearted by default. As much as I hate the show I'm about to describe, Akashic Records isn't very light-hearted overall, often being very serious and bleak, not to mention very bloody and not without actual deaths. Also, I know this isn't KyoAni, this is A1, but again, looking at ERASED and Your Lie In April, those shows are far better animated and directed, and the latter is almost double this show's length. Studio difference doesn't excuse low quality animation.

Different strokes for different folks, sure, but there are still legitimate criticisms levied against this show, like about how bad the characters (like Saigiri) are, and from what I've heard, the pacing of episode 7 and certain really dumb character decisions.


I didn't say all LN's has to be Light hearted. But this one is supposed to be Light one. LN's are LNs because they have freer form writing other than the length of it.

>ERASED, and Shigatsu, :well what do we know, even these shows we have haters calling it horrible and overrated. Makes you wonder what they say about those? [excerpt: "Horrible characters, designs, animation, story, development.... hmm..."]

Btw, while I did like Shigatsu till the end, the end of ERASED was just...a tragedy for me.

And I said it was fine to criticize the show for what it is, not for what other reasons.

And these legitimate criticisms at least puts the show around average, but not as other haters implied "horrible" in all aspects or trash(their words).

And yeah, It managed to deliver on its own genre and targeted demographic. I wouldn't call that horrible.

PS. I'm the same person above, but I logged out and forgot my pass. I didn't expect I'd recover my old acc. tho.
 
Jul 2, 2017 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
@CodeBlazeFate

Looks like I was right when in the very first post I said you had made the most disingenuous claims I have ever seen about the show. Give it a rest... Your still hung up on Sagiris status of NEET when your favorite anime is Gurran Lagann which has got to be the most unrealistic anime in its genre, especially the entire ending sequence. I doubt you sat there complaining about how unrealistic it was... Sagiri is designed to be the perfect little sister/goddess just for you locked in her room. Its an ethereal fantasy for the otaku niche it caters to and your really gonna fucking bring up shit like Fate, which even had its own loli pandering spin off? Your straight out of your mind.

All your complaints are hypocritical and full of double standards and your agenda against the show was apparent from your first posts, disingenuous and invalid opinions the entire time.
Somebody needs to send your post history to your psychiatrist.
 
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »