Forum Settings
Forums

Which fandom have the nastiest/worst shipping war/waifu war?

New
Jun 27, 2017 12:45 AM

Jan 2010
Now now, I never involved in any shipping wars before but I know some of you might had had one or two experiences about it.
While I never actively joined shipping wars, but I do enjoyed reading their banter lmao. Sorry.

Some of the worst ones I've seen is Naruto (Naruhina vs Narusaku) and Bleach (Ichiruki vs Ichihime) but not as nasty as Naruto. As for here at MAL, I've seen how Re:Zero fandom divided to Team Emilia and Team Rem. Don't forget about Digimon Adventure 02. That whole Tai x Sora salt because Yamato x Sora canon ending.
If we are talking about shows outside anime, Avatar fandom also had it's fair share of nasty shipping wars (Zutara vs Kataang, MaKorra vs Korrasami). Also Harry Potter (Harry x Hermione vs Ron x Hermione).

Shipping wars and waifu wars is technically the same thing, imo.

Yep, some people took this shipping matters too seriously. While I'm not one to talk, but if they start bashing the shippers for what they ship (or worse, the author), I'm out.

So, which fandom/anime do you think had the nastiest/worst shipping war? Have you experienced the shipping war yourself? Have you ever became the victim of the nastiness of it?
CrimsonMidnightJun 27, 2017 3:44 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2017 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
As far as I know anime wise, either the ones of Bleach or Naruto (who spawned over 15 years with bloody debates), the ones of Digimon 02 (seriously one of the dumbest shipping wars I have seen in my life, I can't believe people got mad for a pairing in a series for kids) or the waifu war of Oreimo (who still salts the hearts of people to these days and occasionated outrages of this likes):

The Tokyo Ghoul fandom also deserves an special mention after that fujoshi outrage. The one of Re: Zero too, because that is one who I followed week by week and it was honestly the Dead Sea (it's also helps it's one of the most recents). There are also the Fate waifu wars, but Fate itself is very salty, so that's a given.
I would mention Nisekoi too, but imo, it wasn't as bad as the other mentioned above.

I personally lived the Bleach shipping wars (when the series was in it's peak, mind you), and that was the absolute Hell. I still have PTSD from those days, seriously.
IllyricusJun 27, 2017 2:01 AM
Jun 27, 2017 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely Kyo Kara Maoh. It's not waifu war, I don't even know what war it is but it's completely one-sided and they quickly search for and silence anyone who doesn't ship straight MC x gay abusive tsundere.

The thing is you don't even need to be involved out of your own free will, those jobless fujoshit jerks are always lurking around everywhere to search for your comments and attack you. Luckily MAL seems so be safe so far.
Maou_heikaJun 27, 2017 1:30 AM
Jun 27, 2017 1:22 AM

Jul 2015
Re:Zero, just as you mentioned, is definitely one of them. Nisekoi seems to have quite the war as well. Can't really seem to think of anything else, but in my opinion, both Nisekoi and Re:Zero seem to be high up there. I personally love creating ships (just happens naturally) so of course, when I comment my favorite ship, I'm bound to receive either praise or hate for it, but overall, I just consider it all fun and games. Some people definitely take it too far, but I mean, there's always going to be people who will take things too far in like almost anything, really. Oh, there was also Golden Time.

Ps: From these three anime, Emilia, Chitoge, and Koko r the best grills hands down

caught in the wonder
Jun 27, 2017 1:26 AM

Jan 2014
Eren x Mikasa it's not gonna happen. Eren DOESNT love her.

She is just a friend. Annoying friend.
Jun 27, 2017 1:27 AM
Mar 2016
Attack On Titan maybe. Lots of people ship Eren x Levi ,but at the same time many are against it. I dunno.
Jun 27, 2017 1:28 AM

Feb 2015
Macross Frontier waif wars was brutal. One side could even post fake interviews and spoilers, the entire discussion thread consisted of bashing each other's girls.
The ending made the whole thing worse, because:
Jun 27, 2017 1:30 AM
Mar 2015
The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fandom over on tumblr has some pretty nasty shipping wars going on. As in "you can't ship Dio and Jonathan, they'd adopted brothers" and "You can't ship Jolyne with Anasui/Weather Report, she's obviously a lesbian and only into Hermes and F.F" and stuff like that.
A friend of mine got a call out post made 'cause they ship Rohan and Josuke, along with some anon hate and suicide baiting.

Yuri on Ice tends to have some gross shipping wars too, though.
Jun 27, 2017 1:33 AM

Apr 2013
i was a part of that 15 year war between ichiruki & ichihime. and i'm not over it lmao. screw orihime, rukia #1.
i rmber i also made a few posts about how rem is more suited for male lead than emilia, simply because emilia's too good for someone like him (-:
i don't get as into shipping wars as much as more extreme peeps, but i'm down to waste 2-3 hours defending my ships.
otherwise yeah, when naruto end game couples were out, it was scary LOL. people went nuts on tumblr and i basically had to blacklist any tags with naruto for a month. like i think that was the first time i've seen people actually verbally attacking each other than just talk about characters.
sutoriJun 27, 2017 1:37 AM
Jun 27, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
Shipping wars isn't something I'm much into. I cared in True Tears and I kinda care in Shokugeki no Souma, but that's about the extent of it, and even in those exception cases I'm not passionate about it.
Jun 27, 2017 1:44 AM

Apr 2016
Which fandom have the nastiest/worst shipping war/waifu war?

Obvious answer for that

The most shittiest anime shows have always the most shittiest shipping wars.
Jun 27, 2017 1:51 AM

Aug 2010
Illyricus said:
or the waifu war of Oreimo (who still salts the hearts of people to these days and occasionated outrages of this likes):

I think this wins everything.
Also, fuck Kirino
Although I would call Nisekoi waifu war an other big shitfest.
Jun 27, 2017 1:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, I've seen many such 'battles' out there and when I finally got into the middle of one, it did not go as premeditated really despite my initial elation to say the least. I'm talking about the Re;Zero shipping war by the way. Apparently, I was in the minor side supporting Emilia x Subaru and received countless criticisms as well as supports. Originally, I was in a mind state where I was alright with even Rem x Subaru but as the war continued I became more and more resilient and therefore began to see this ship menacingly. Overall, it was a fun and unique experience despite I definitely being a victim of it. I also took part slightly in the Bleach 15-year war and the one in Attack on Titan regarding Mikasa x Eren, but those were just secondary in comparison to the Re; Zero's one.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 27, 2017 2:18 AM

Jul 2015
Rem ending or 0/10
You chose ...

Best girl never wins anyway so all waifu wars are shit

nastiest/worst shipping war/waifu war?
Nisekoi
Rezero
tragedydesuJun 27, 2017 2:24 AM
Jun 27, 2017 2:22 AM

Apr 2017
N I S E "SHIT" Nuff Said

>I'm literally tired of this hella crappy fandom already. Too salty fags and plebs who desire to shipped with in the end.

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 27, 2017 2:31 AM

Jan 2010
Taito10 said:

For now, because now his brain is quite busy with how to not screw up as humanity's only hope. Let's see XD
Jun 27, 2017 2:33 AM

Jan 2010
SleepingRogue said:

Ehh really? I thought the pairings there are pretty obvious :O
Jun 27, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2017
probably attack on titan esp levi x eren shippers plus eremika ain't happening btw and to the point that the fans ship petra and tree

it's funny tho

still life: pink roses
Jun 27, 2017 2:34 AM
Mar 2015
Shicchi said:
SleepingRogue said:

Ehh really? I thought the pairings there are pretty obvious :O

Don't let that fool you! Tumblr is shitting itself over Otabek and Yuri cause it's ""pedophilia"" apparently, and if you ship Viktor and Yuri in a Threesome with something else, you're fetishizing them or something. Don't ask me, I don't get them myself.
Jun 27, 2017 2:40 AM

Jan 2010
Yakysann said:
Attack On Titan maybe. Lots of people ship Eren x Levi ,but at the same time many are against it. I dunno.

Well, Eren x Levi pretty much own the fandom tho, I mean the shippers are like 80% Eren x Levi, 15% Erwin x Levi, 5% the rest lmao.
Not really a shipping war because it's too one-sided and the ships are too crack-ish but there are occasional Ereri vs Eruri or just a simple Ereri vs Ereri hater just like you said.
But SnK fandom in general are too busy crying over the death of the characters, or fapping to the epicness of the anime than shipping XD
Jun 27, 2017 2:41 AM

Jan 2010

Never finished Oreimo but okay this is hilarious lmao. XD
Jun 27, 2017 2:45 AM

Apr 2016
I don't really get the point of these intense shipping Wars. Just go and read some fan fics and doujins. That should satisfy the shippers.
Jun 27, 2017 2:46 AM

Jan 2010
sunako199 said:
probably attack on titan esp levi x eren shippers plus eremika ain't happening btw and to the point that the fans ship petra and tree

it's funny tho

them petra x tree shipper XD how about Titan Eren x Boulder or Armin x Arm XP

I'm still hoping eremika will sail at the end of it all XP
Jun 27, 2017 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I don't really get the point of these intense shipping Wars. Just go and read some fan fics and doujins. That should satisfy the shippers.

doujins are not canon
even non canon side stories like "If - Rem " can't satisfy the shippers
Jun 27, 2017 2:48 AM

Jan 2010
Omkar_Nagwade said:

IKR?

That's exactly what I do anyway. Why waste time over shipping wars when you can just chill and read some fanfics/doujins XD
Jun 27, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2016
sunako199 said:
probably attack on titan esp levi x eren shippers

I still have nightmares after I saw some pictures and gifs of it. Why do girls ship those two anyway?
Jun 27, 2017 2:57 AM

Apr 2016
tragedydesu said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

doujins are not canon

But it's the only thing you can do if your ship doesn't sail. Or you can just read it to fap.
Jun 27, 2017 2:58 AM

Mar 2017
Rem:Zero's shipping wars was certainly entertaining (Ore wa Emilia ga suki da, btw). And OreImo's aftershocks can still be felt today. But all of that was just limited mostly to people arguing over on the internet.

Naruto however... *shudders*
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.

Apr 2017
Shicchi said:
sunako199 said:

it's funny tho
I'm still hoping eremika will sail at the end of it all XP
heh me too tho
Omkar_Nagwade said:
sunako199 said:

I still have nightmares after I saw some pictures and gifs of it. Why do girls ship those two anyway?
ikr idk they ain't even romantic to each other there's just nothing to ship

still life: pink roses

Mar 2012
Well there are NagiAsu because it have rather colorful love chart. Nearly everyone have an attraction to each other so it's to be expecped that there will be heart that get hurt.

On a side note there are not much salt as I imagine from Nisekoi fandom.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 27, 2017 2:59 AM

Oct 2014
I wasn't around for the nisekoi shitfest, but of the near past, I don't think anything comes close to the reeeeeeeeeeee:zero out of 10 world war/rem circlejerk. That shit is half the reason why I hate the show.
Jun 27, 2017 2:59 AM

Jul 2014
hetalia fandom's wars are pretty fucked
Jun 27, 2017 3:03 AM

Jan 2010
tragedydesu said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

doujins are not canon

Ouch.

Tbh I don't have many sunken ships (only Kaneki x Hide so far, but it's not the end yet!) and Idk, for now I just stopped caring for TG fandom for a while. And Inuyasha x Kikyo. Never managed to finish the series lmao. Read some fics about them but it's never be the same as canon in the end.

But it's still better than join the shipping war XD
Jun 27, 2017 3:05 AM

Apr 2016
I'm a bit surprised that there are no shipping Wars over Monogatari characters. I'm fairly new to the Monogatari fandom, so it might just be that I haven't seen anyone arguing over Monogatari ships.
Jun 27, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2015
Omkar_Nagwade said:
tragedydesu said:

doujins are not canon

But it's the only thing you can do if your ship doesn't sail. Or you can just read it to fap.

sadly yes , you cant do anything to change the story
some people can deal with it and still enjoy the story others can't and ruin the anime for them

doujins are great fap material though
Jun 27, 2017 3:09 AM

Jul 2015
@Shicchi
my ships always sink :"(
just lately Ichigo 100% ....

at least there is visual novels where i can choose my fav girl :)
Jun 27, 2017 3:15 AM

Jan 2010
Omkar_Nagwade said:
sunako199 said:

probably because that one scene when Levi kicked Eren... -_- God knows why
And there is also the fact that Eren fanboying Levi.
But in the end it's probably just because they are both cute and hot.

Not my ship tho. As a fujoshi myself I understand where they are coming from but I just can't bring myself to ship it. And I still don't understand how they are so INCREDIBLY popular like, what the hell? Okay Eren is both cute and hot character who fanboys Levi and Levi being Levi (hot and sexy and all) who wouldn't want to ship them (in fujoshi's eyes) but that's not enough reason to be the most popular anime ship on tumblr imo. Sigh not that I care but this is why I don't join snk fandom because 80% of them are ereri shippers
Jun 27, 2017 3:15 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
or the waifu war of Oreimo (who still salts the hearts of people to these days and occasionated outrages of this likes):

Hahahaha, I still remember how people reacted after Oreimo finished airing. It was a thing of beauty.

Can't wait to see how people will react when Eromanga-sensei will end.
Jun 27, 2017 3:16 AM

Feb 2013
asuka and rei - a waifu war spanning 2 centuries
Jun 27, 2017 3:24 AM

Apr 2016
Shicchi said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

probably because that one scene when Levi kicked Eren... -_- God knows why
And there is also the fact that Eren fanboying Levi.
But in the end it's probably just because they are both cute and hot.

Not my ship tho. As a fujoshi myself I understand where they are coming from but I just can't bring myself to ship it. And I still don't understand how they are so INCREDIBLY popular like, what the hell? Okay Eren is both cute and hot character who fanboys Levi and Levi being Levi (hot and sexy and all) who wouldn't want to ship them (in fujoshi's eyes) but that's not enough reason to be the most popular anime ship on tumblr imo. Sigh not that I care but this is why I don't join snk fandom because 80% of them are ereri shippers

That kicking thing was because the Survey Corp wanted Eren. If Levi hadn't done that, Eren probably would've been dissected. I don't really see that as a reason to start shipping them.

Eren admiring Levi is like me looking up to my role models. And I'm pretty sure I don't ship myself with my grandparents(who are one of my role models).
Jun 27, 2017 3:28 AM

Nov 2016
Re:Zero of course. Team Rem represent!
Jun 27, 2017 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I'm a bit surprised that there are no shipping Wars over Monogatari characters. I'm fairly new to the Monogatari fandom, so it might just be that I haven't seen anyone arguing over Monogatari ships.

Pretty obvious, because there are no chances of any ship sailing since the main ship or the couple is already confirmed by ep 3.
Jun 27, 2017 3:39 AM

Jun 2011
romagia said:

.... yeah... also the Asuka vs Kaworu x Shinji shipping war. Extra annoying when you are like "why not both?"
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jun 27, 2017 3:41 AM

Oct 2014
Don't know if it's the worst but Inu Yasha has it pretty bad with the InuYasha-Kagome and InuYasha-Kikyo shippers. I'd uploaded a video on Youtube, wherein Inu Yasha proposes to Kikyo and the comments section is full of hate comments from fans of either ship.
Jun 27, 2017 3:47 AM

Feb 2013
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
romagia said:

.... yeah... also the Asuka vs Kaworu x Shinji shipping war. Extra annoying when you are like "why not both?"
screw that, it's asuka x kaoru from now on
Jun 27, 2017 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
romagia said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

It could be hot. Especially if it is how I envision.
Jun 27, 2017 3:54 AM
Jul 2018
Taito10 said:

Ships can just stay away from SNK. I only hope there won't be any kind of canon ship(s) when the series ends.
Jun 27, 2017 3:56 AM

Nov 2016
Taito10 said:

Funny you say that because Mikasa is the only character I care about from that series.
Jun 27, 2017 4:08 AM

Feb 2013
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
romagia said:

lol what jokes subs is that pic from?
Jun 27, 2017 5:17 AM

Jun 2011
romagia said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

lol what jokes subs is that pic from?
No idea but it works with his character. Hahahaha
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

2 by Lhundrup »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

53 by epidemia78 »»
3 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 7 hours ago

5 by Rhaelynne »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

18 by billybub »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

5 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.