Meiko

Seras

Valmet

Major

Mina

Jun 26, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2017
Just look at my favorite list.

But to named some females not on my list. (Wish MAL let users' add more than ten characters)

Satsuki - Kill la Kill: For the fact that can control her suit by her will power alone or something like that that it's been awhile since I watch Kill la Kill.

Konan - Naruto: An overlooked character in my opinion, but I thought she was badass. Compare to the abilities of other ninjas around her. You would paper jutsu would suck, but not when Konan uses it.

Tia Harribel - Bleach: I know there are Bleach fans who think she shouldn't have rank of 3rd Espada, but whatever I think she prove how badass she was in her fight scene.

Balsa - Seirei no Moribito: An expert spear user and intelligent too.
Jun 26, 2017 10:46 AM

Nov 2009
Pixel_Vapour said:
Anyone but Asuna of course

Now, Asuna isn't the awesomest anime girl in this thread, but she is powerful and capable enough to be enjoyable. And she is no fake.

MisakiMix said:
Strawberrycake48 said:
Give a lady a gun and I see no reason why she could not be on par with a man who had a gun.

I can find a few reasons men would still have the upper hand:

- More testosterone.
- More aggressive and more willing to take risks.
- Better spatial intelligence.
- Better hunting abilities due to our evolutionary history.
- Wider bell curve, making truly brilliant male leaders, as well as brainless male cannon fodder, more common than their female equivalents.

For these reasons, and taking psychology out of the equation, an army made up of average men would obliterate an army made up of average women.

Well, it's also obvious that an army made of both men and women together will win over anybody of them separately.

MisakiMix said:
There are historical examples of that as well, like the Nochnye Vedmy. The Russians didn't exactly give a shit, so during WWII they had an air force regiment exclusively made up of young girls. The psychological effect they had on German soldiers was massive.

The way you phrased it makes it sounds like Night Witches used their femininity to achieve psychological effect. In fact, the psychological effect was due to unexpected nighttime bombings of the german troops.
There were also some well-known Soviet women snipers in WWII. Because aggressiveness is not everything you need to win.

MisakiMix said:
I am, however, not fundamentally interested in realism, so I don't mind overpowered female characters. I think they are pretty cool actually. :)

Indeed. In anime, it would be more like "army of men with all their fancy modern toys, versus an army of women armed with invulnerable giant robots".
Or "a band of protagonists versus an army of average men/women".
And it's obvious who would win.
That's why Nyu's complaints about realism are laughable.
Jun 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
Tonysol67 said:
Balalaika.
no words need to be said.

This. All of the women in Black Lagoon are badass: Balalaika, Eda, Revy, Roberta, Sawyer, Shenhua, even Hansel/Gretel
Jun 26, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
- C.C from Code Geass <3
- Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Homura Akemi from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
- Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
- Senjougahara Hitagi from the Monogatari-Series
- Revy from Black Lagoon

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jun 26, 2017 11:18 AM

May 2017
Mio Kusakai from Keijo!!!!!!!!

And Esdeath from Akame ga Kill!
Jun 26, 2017 11:45 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
MisakiMix said:

- More testosterone.
- Wider bell curve, making truly brilliant male leaders, as well as brainless male cannon fodder, more common than their female equivalents.

For these reasons, and taking psychology out of the equation, an army made up of average men would obliterate an army made up of average women.

Well, it's also obvious that an army made of both men and women together will win over anybody of them separately.
cause they would be able to create new soldiers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 26, 2017 11:53 AM
Jun 2017
Erza,Olivier Arm strong, Mikasa, are really badass
Jun 26, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2009
romagia said:
flannan said:

cause they would be able to create new soldiers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This would only work in RTS economies.

Any force that has to deal with realistic logistics is better off putting off children until after battle is over.
Jun 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
Females are weak and should be seen as such, there is no such thing as a strong woman.
Jun 26, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Cutie Honey and Fujiko from Lupin III

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 26, 2017 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
tsukikage Ran

and Lady MEOW~!

and the wide hipped flat chested uncute boy fembot known as tendo akane.

oh wait, you wanted awesome ones and not just op ones, so cancel that last one out.

well, sakaki is probably the strongest character in azumanga so her and chizuru aizawa.

and while she does get taken care of by oniisama, yotsuba Miyuki is pretty awesome waifu
Jun 26, 2017 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
Lemme look at my list for a bit.

Shows with awesome/badass female characters.

The entire cast of Madoka Magica qualifies to some extent, but obvious props to Homura, Sayaka, and Mami, as they have the most battle experience.
Asuka Langley Soryuu, hate her or not, is likely the best pilot in Evangelion until her psyche readings tank.
Saber, Maiyu, & Irisviel from Fate/Zero qualify. While the bar is a bit lower in F/SN due to the different nature of it's events, Rider, Rin Toshaka, and Caster could qualify.
Literally the entire main cast of Sailor Moon, but huge props to Sailor Mars (Who single-handedly maintains a shrine during the show's runtime, because god knows her uncle can't do it) and Sailor Venus (Who also spends time fighting normal crime akin to a classic comic book hero. In her backstory manga, she was officially added to Tokyo's police force).
The entire female cast of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, all for vastly different reasons. Some for sheer mental/physical endurance, other for quick-witted thinking and action-taking.
It would be a sin to go through this list without pointing to Black Lagoon, which isn't afraid to showcase females taking an active role in nearly every battle.
The entire concept of Claymore, akin to Madoka Magica, is centered around female-only warriors that battle horrifying creatures that threaten humanity. Take your pick, you've got just about every female warrior archetype in the show.
The poster-girl for the legendary GiTS franchise, Motoko Kusanagi fits the 'badass female' character type to a literal 'T'.
Saeko Busujima from HOTD has likely the highest on-screen kill count of anyone on the show, using weapons such as swords in a world where nearly everyone else has to fall back on firearms or explosives.
Shiki Ryougi from the Kara no Kyoukai films is simultaneously the muscle of the franchise, and the point that most of the series's introspective thinking comes from.
Ryuuko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuuin from Kill-la-Kill. Especially Satsuki as she is single-handedly able to wield weapons that should immediately break one's mind, and she does it while negating most of the negative effects.
Utena Tenjou is the primary example of a badass heroine in the Revolutionary Girl Utena series, yet is also wonderfully complex within a bizarrely interesting world.

Do you want me to go on? I can keep going all night long.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 26, 2017 7:24 PM

May 2012
How come nobody said Natsume Reiko yet? She is quite loveable too, not just strong for the sake of violence. Even when she goes around "slaving" youkais, most of the time she is actually secretly helping them.

Also:

Youko Nakajima - She begins weak both physically and psychologically, but then gets a nice character dvelopment

Ais Wallenstein - She is the one saving the guy

Krul Tepes - Same as above + Vampire

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Jun 27, 2017 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
+1 balalaika & revy

InsaneLeader13 said:

Utena Tenjou is the primary example of a badass heroine in the Revolutionary Girl Utena series, yet is also wonderfully complex within a bizarrely interesting world.

omg bless, RGU is so underrated that i rarely see anyone mention utena as their fav characters. i'm a big fan of anthy too, as crazy as she is.

my female favs:
michiko to hatchin: michiko malandro
one piece: nami & robin
CLAMP's works: sakura & yuko
shaman king: anna
gundam seed: lacus clyne
madoka magica: homura
shin sekai yori: saki
&&yuno from mirai nikki is my lil' lunatic.

most of my favs aren't necessarily physically strong & bad ass but their personalities are strong as hell. like once they set their mind on something, they'll absolutely follow through. plus they're all pretty smart where it counts and calculative as hell.
Jun 27, 2017 2:07 AM

Dec 2015
Koko Hekmatyar ( Jormungand ) - She is a female arms dealer and she's sexy ... not too strong by herself but she has a lot of people with her and she has a strong personality.

That one as well: https://myanimelist.net/character/24717/Hamyuts_Meseta
She is really badass and strong at fighting. But a bit long since I have watched that anime.

I often like those fantasy worlds with strong females especially if they are using swords:
https://myanimelist.net/character/33118/Ferris_Eris
https://myanimelist.net/character/118721/Yatorishino_Igsem

Also from GATE and KonoSuba ... there are strong magic users (Megumin and Lelei and Rory as goddess)

From DanMachi (+ Sword Oratoria): Aiz Wallenstein

Those female ecchi fighting anime (like Sin at the moment) have strong females as well (... well almost or all the main chars are female and one of them is the strongest and main main char). :D
Jun 27, 2017 2:11 AM
Aug 2016
I guess Saber from Fate Stay series may fit in that category. She's powerful, independent, not useless, a really strong female character, etc.
Jun 27, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2016
My mom in the story of my life, isn't it obvious?
we do a little bit of headbanging here
Jun 27, 2017 6:10 AM

Nov 2009
MisakiMix said:
Hi. :)

flannan said:

I don't see why. When it comes to combat, there isn't really anything a woman can do that a man can't, but the reverse isn't true. Plus, women generally don't want to be soldiers, so realistically we would be talking about very small numbers. I don't think it would change anything, beyond the psychological impact of fighting alongside/against women.

Because it will have about twice as much soldiers. Or good soldiers selected from a pool that is twice as large.

MisakiMix said:
flannan said:
Because aggressiveness is not everything you need to win.

That's true. But presumably, before being able to use their rifles, snipers would have to walk, run, jump, climb, hide, etc. The average woman would be at a disadvantage here too. Not to mention the fact that, if given a gun and sent to the frontline, the average woman would be more likely to drop it and start crying than the average man. I'm not denying that a small number of outliers would be fit for the job, just comparing averages.

Actually, women are on the average smaller, which makes it easier for them to hide (and possibly climb). I don't think women with comfortable footwear (as opposed to high heels) would be at a too severe disadvantage when it comes to running, jumping and carrying loads. Women have less arm strength, but about as much leg strength and carrying capacity as a man of the same size. But in the end, being a sniper is mostly about training and composure.

Being small is also an advantage for a pilot or a tank driver.

MisakiMix said:
flannan said:
That's why Nyu's complaints about realism are laughable.

Complaints about realism often are. Although, if the intention was simply to remind us that the gender roles we generally observe in fiction exist because they are a reflection of reality, then I think it's a fair point. It answers a few equally laughable complaints about the representation of women in media.

Many complaints about representation of women in media come from the fact women in fiction aren't much like women IRL. Just like many people feel harem MCs aren't a good representation of men.
Jun 27, 2017 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
Strawberrycake48 said:
Nyu said:

Not very realistic in a combat setting, considering men are physically stronger than women in that aspect, thus she would need saving from a guy.

This idea that females are as capable as men in every aspect is so mistaken, men and women are different. Especially when it comes to combat, requirements for women are lower to get into the military & police. They aren't allowed on the frontline in any military.

So women being portrayed as needing saved by a guy is realistic, hence why it is common in anime.

Give a lady a gun and I see no reason why she could not be on par with a man who had a gun.
Also, you seem to be alluding purely to physical strength when there are other skills to take into account such as experience and intelligence. Even in combat, there is more than brute strength to consider, and a lot of it depends on the setting and style of fighting too.

A soldier doesn't just carry a gun, they have a lot of equipment to carry as well. Also an injured man could keep fighting, an injured woman wouldn't be able to because our bodies are different, men can endure, women are more fragile.

A lot of it does depend on setting and style of fighting, if they accommodate women. If the fighting is minor, like a First World country versus a Third World country, but the minute it's a proper war between First World nations, where the fighting gets drawn out and harsh, they wouldn't stand up in those situations.

flannan said:
MisakiMix said:
Hi. :)

I don't see why. When it comes to combat, there isn't really anything a woman can do that a man can't, but the reverse isn't true. Plus, women generally don't want to be soldiers, so realistically we would be talking about very small numbers. I don't think it would change anything, beyond the psychological impact of fighting alongside/against women.

Because it will have about twice as much soldiers. Or good soldiers selected from a pool that is twice as large.

MisakiMix said:

That's true. But presumably, before being able to use their rifles, snipers would have to walk, run, jump, climb, hide, etc. The average woman would be at a disadvantage here too. Not to mention the fact that, if given a gun and sent to the frontline, the average woman would be more likely to drop it and start crying than the average man. I'm not denying that a small number of outliers would be fit for the job, just comparing averages.

Actually, women are on the average smaller, which makes it easier for them to hide (and possibly climb). I don't think women with comfortable footwear (as opposed to high heels) would be at a too severe disadvantage when it comes to running, jumping and carrying loads. Women have less arm strength, but about as much leg strength and carrying capacity as a man of the same size. But in the end, being a sniper is mostly about training and composure.

MisakiMix said:

Complaints about realism often are. Although, if the intention was simply to remind us that the gender roles we generally observe in fiction exist because they are a reflection of reality, then I think it's a fair point. It answers a few equally laughable complaints about the representation of women in media.

Many complaints about representation of women in media come from the fact women in fiction aren't much like women IRL. Just like many people feel harem MCs aren't a good representation of men.

"Because it will have about twice as much soldiers. Or good soldiers selected from a pool that is twice as large."

It's already been pointed out that men are better as soldiers than women, so your point is invalid.

- More testosterone.

Also, you keep suggesting women should be pilots or snipers, nah, they should be on the frontline, just like the men, not hiding like a sniper, or protected by an armoured vehicle.

"Many complaints about representation of women in media come from the fact women in fiction aren't much like women IRL."
So you are fine with women being represented as soldiers, strong women (which is unrealistic), but are against women being overly sexualized (unrealistic).

People's complaints of women's representation in media have nothing to do with realism, cause they just want women to be represented through their social views.

When people complain about strong women, "it's fiction, it doesn't have to be realistic", when people complain about sexualized women, "it's unrealistic, women don't look like that in real life".
RuneRemJun 27, 2017 11:16 AM
Jun 27, 2017 9:43 PM

Nov 2009
Nyu said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Also, you seem to be alluding purely to physical strength when there are other skills to take into account such as experience and intelligence. Even in combat, there is more than brute strength to consider, and a lot of it depends on the setting and style of fighting too.

A soldier doesn't just carry a gun, they have a lot of equipment to carry as well. Also an injured man could keep fighting, an injured woman wouldn't be able to because our bodies are different, men can endure, women are more fragile.

A lot of it does depend on setting and style of fighting, if they accommodate women. If the fighting is minor, like a First World country versus a Third World country, but the minute it's a proper war between First World nations, where the fighting gets drawn out and harsh, they wouldn't stand up in those situations.

flannan said:

"Because it will have about twice as much soldiers. Or good soldiers selected from a pool that is twice as large."

It's already been pointed out that men are better as soldiers than women, so your point is invalid.

- More testosterone.

Also, you keep suggesting women should be pilots or snipers, nah, they should be on the frontline, just like the men, not hiding like a sniper, or protected by an armoured vehicle.

1) I look back at WWII, the women who fought there and had impressive results, and I laugh at your statement about a drawn-out war between equal opponents having no place for women.
2) I laugh at your lack of understanding of statistics, bell curves, and different niches in the military.
3) Women less capable of enduring pain and injury than men? What even made you think like that?
They aren't taught to be stoic about it in the modern society, but that does not mean they actually feel more pain.
4) I do not understand your "women should be on the frontline" statement. Modern war isn't all about bayonet charges - most of it is about hiding in cover, shooting at an enemy you don't really see, and hoping the sheer number of bullets will eventually hit something, or at least scare the other guys into not shooting.
I also fail to understand why you think tanks aren't on the frontline. It's obvious tank isn't a safe place - it might protect you from bullets, but it also makes you a big target for all the anti-tank weapons humanity has invented. From another tank to a humble rocket launcher.

Nyu said:
Many complaints about representation of women in media come from the fact women in fiction aren't much like women IRL.

So you are fine with women being represented as soldiers, strong women (which is unrealistic), but are against women being overly sexualized (unrealistic).

People's complaints of women's representation in media have nothing to do with realism, cause they just want women to be represented through their social views.

When people complain about strong women, "it's fiction, it doesn't have to be realistic", when people complain about sexualized women, "it's unrealistic, women don't look like that in real life".

Look, I'm not the one complaining about anime women being sexy and not very dressed. It's pretty realistic in my sunny part of the earth.
It's really all about the personality. Women are not NPCs, and that's the major complaint. They say many authors also don't quite understand what women are really like.
I'm also not the one complaining about personality, because understanding other people has never been my strong point, and I find simplified anime personalities to be quite comfortable.
flannanJun 27, 2017 9:52 PM
Jun 27, 2017 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
Yuki Nagato (The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Yoruichi Shihoin (Bleach)

Jun 28, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2009
MisakiMix said:
flannan said:

I don't think you will, though. Because as I said:

- Women don't want to be soldiers, so you'll never get that many female recruits.
- An outstanding female soldier would probably be equivalent to a slightly above average male one.

So, it's fine to have the opportunity for females to enter the military (I would argue for it from a liberal perspective), but it's not going to make the army more powerful in any significant way. And if you try to coerce women into joining the army, you'll run into another, much bigger problem: women determine the upper limit on a population's natality. If you send your women to the meat grinder, your population won't be able to recover. It's a demographic suicide.

But I think we're digressing a bit.

Indeed, getting a lot of women killed in war is bad for demographics. I would not call it a suicide, because with modern medicine, a country's population can increase quite fast if the citizens feel it's a good idea. I mean, it's not really a problem for a family to have 10 children if the father's job can feed them all, and the country's educational system can provide them good education.

Also, I do not think men want to be soldiers all that much. It's all massive propaganda efforts on the part of the government, and involuntary conscription.

While we're going on a tangent, I've been reading Shuumatsu LN, and the MC was pondering that in his time, they used to add some capable women into armies to boost morale. Apparently, men don't want to look bad in front of girls more than anything else in the world, and it allows them to fight when honor, love for one's homeland and such have failed. It works better when women are good-looking, visible, famous and near the front. (support units like medics work too, but frontline female knights are better)
Fortunately, in anime, it's not a problem to train some girls very well, and make them more capable than common soldiers, which helps with visibility, fame and survival.
It's the first time I've heard about this concept, but it sounds crazy enough to work.

MisakiMix said:
flannan said:

I'd say most of those complaints come from a postmodern perspective, so we can forget the idea of an external reality beyond the images altogether. :)

In practice, it mostly comes down to a moralistic argument, though. As times change, the traditionalists on the one hand lament the death of morality, the progressives on the other celebrate our newly found open mindedness. And they are both wrong. We've simply been amoralising certain issues and moralising others. Puritanism is not dead, it just switched sides. :)

I can't understand any point of view or field of knowledge with the word "post-" in a name :D
Jun 28, 2017 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, again such a thread? XD

Strength isn't combat and physical strength tho. If I read "awesome female characters", I think of some personality traits first I admire in them... and MAYBE of the combat strength second.
I also don't like very masculine female characters (because of my personal taste and I think people look down on feminine girls), but I think combat strength isn't a part of it. Not necessarily. There is a difference between Revy, who just goes berserk and shoots at almost everything, because she is batshit crazy and a woman, who needs to learn how to fight, because they wanna defend themselves and others and / or the situation forces her to. Sometimes I also like batshit crazy characters, eeh it depends. XD

Yona

Youko

Mikasa

Christa

Ymir

Bishamon

Hiyori

Shinoa

Mahiru

Kikyo

Sango

San

Lenalee

Mimi

Blue

removed-userJun 28, 2017 10:22 AM
Jun 28, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2011
Ralph-Whoren said:
Yuki Nagato (The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

This guy has excellent taste, 10/10 after quote was edited

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jun 28, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Actually I have an analogy for this, at one point I had a wine cellar.

Well, to be fair it was a wine basement.

OK... a small, otherwise disused wine closet in a basement... but I digress...

Five times every two months I would go down to it and turn the bottles, having no more response from the cheaper ones other than the cold glass against my skin. On the more expensive ones I remember watching the grape silt upended in the bottle like a viticultural snow globe. It was beautiful. I'd have done it even if I never planned to taste the wine.

Yuki from Haruhi is like that. I've seen all her pics before... I could probably sketch them freehand. That isn't the point. The point is giving her that bit of attention every few days... appreciating her while respecting the fact that she is ever on the other side of the glass.

I could no more enjoy looking at them offline from a folder than I could enjoy turning the bottles in a supermarket. It just isn't the same as lurking about in the damp darkness of the MAL wine cellar.

I honestly don't expect you to understand. @rawrX3pounces

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jun 28, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2015
Casca before the Eclipse for uh... Obvious reasons.

pic

Jun 28, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
InsaneLeader13 said:

It would be a sin to go through this list without pointing to Black Lagoon, which isn't afraid to showcase females taking an active role in nearly every battle.
Even when it's painful to watch (all of s2).

kiss said:
Actually I have an analogy for this, at one point I had a wine cellar.

Well, to be fair it was a wine basement.

OK... a small, otherwise disused wine closet in a basement... but I digress...

Five times every two months I would go down to it and turn the bottles, having no more response from the cheaper ones other than the cold glass against my skin. On the more expensive ones I remember watching the grape silt upended in the bottle like a viticultural snow globe. It was beautiful. I'd have done it even if I never planned to taste the wine.

Yuki from Haruhi is like that. I've seen all her pics before... I could probably sketch them freehand. That isn't the point. The point is giving her that bit of attention every few days... appreciating her while respecting the fact that she is ever on the other side of the glass.

I could no more enjoy looking at them offline from a folder than I could enjoy turning the bottles in a supermarket. It just isn't the same as lurking about in the damp darkness of the MAL wine cellar.

I honestly don't expect you to understand. @rawrX3pounces
God I wish I was in your wine cellar.

Jun 28, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
The one & only, Hitagi Senjougahara

Every other girl is a distant second. If you took every Anime female character ever created and threw them into a blender. She is what you'd have.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2017 7:55 PM

Oct 2016
Illyricus said:
Some badass females I like

I won't list all the reasons, otherwise I would spend days.

not sure Tanya is a female tho, mentally.
Jun 29, 2017 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
Cjakarin said:
Illyricus said:
Some badass females I like

I won't list all the reasons, otherwise I would spend days.

not sure Tanya is a female tho, mentally.
Just think of her as a psychological trap :v
Jun 29, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2016
Saber from Fate/Zero. She's badass and not typical cliche female character, plus she wears a suit and her armor isn't fanservice.

Re-l Mayer from Ergo Proxy, has actual personality, interesting character story and realistic design.

Makise Kurisu isn't that great, but she's better than vast majority of female characters i've seen in anime for now, so I'll put her here too.

Kagura from Gintama. She's unique and great overall.

Jun 29, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2014
The two best female characters for me are:

- Balsa from Seirei no Moribito
- Nausicaa from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (manga)

Both are extremely badass, do not hesitate or show angst with their choices, are decisive and claim full responsibility for their actions. Unlike most anime females, they both act like responsible adults instead of a walking pair of tits going through puberty.
Jun 29, 2017 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
Girls in action? Shiki Ryougi all the way

Also some nice action female characters:

Youko from Twelve Kingdoms
Satsuki from Kill la Kill
Homura and Kyouko from Madoka

Outside anime:
Haru Usami from G-Senjou
Everyone from Umineko, yes, including the parents.
Maria Otonashi from Hakomari
Jul 15, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2017
Shalltear Bloodfallen
From Overlord
Jul 16, 2017 2:37 AM

Jun 2012
Well the girls from Majikoi generally saves the guys asses rather than the other way around. I really liked the dynamic in that anime. Smart MC (tactician), Charismatic leader (Capt) and then strong girls (the brawn). The rest of the guys aren't super useful but are still fun enough. But while I'm a fan of the girls being the stronger ones, I would really prefer the guys weren't completely useless. So Majikoi meets that expectation with them being smart and charismatic. Super awesome and perfect girls + worthless guys is perhaps even more boring than the generic strong guy/weak girl dynamic. It's nice for casts to have some balance.
Jul 16, 2017 3:52 PM
Nov 2016
I've watched numerous anime with very good female role-models. These are my personal favourites:
Hare Menjou & Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
Mei Misaki (Another)
Kazusa Touma (White Album)
Naomi Misora (Death Note)
Kurokami no Omma
(Death Parade)
Jul 18, 2017 12:37 PM
Sep 2011
Oscar from Rose of Versailles
Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
Jul 18, 2017 12:57 PM

Mar 2017
Bishamon is one of my favourite female characters
Jul 18, 2017 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
With those damn thicc tights... And just damn fappable curves... That's the most fappable female characters.
Jul 19, 2017 3:35 AM
Jul 2015
I liked Yuri from Angel Beats!, Yona from Akatsuki no Yona, C.C and Kallen from Code Geass, Shura from Ao no Exorcist, Tsunade from Naruto, Nona from Death Parade, Rin from Fate/stay night:UBW,
Tsubomi and Ayano from Mekakucity Actors, Mikasa and Ymir from Shingeki no Kyojin, Amu from Shugo Chara!, Touka and Akira from Tokyo Ghoul.
Edit: How could I forget Suzuha from Steins;Gate? Stupid me!
GreySelkieJul 19, 2017 3:58 AM
Jan 11, 10:45 PM

Jan 2024
1. Asuna Yuuki
A pretty damn good well writen woman with goals and objectives and a next level of characterization and cuteness. SAO wouldn't be the same without Her.

2. Princess Zelda
The best princess of all time. Strong, kind, pure, selfless and resilient. I hate damsels in distress but Her and Palutena are the exceptions.

3. Emilia. A juggernaut of strenght anc beauty. Waifu and elite. All at the same time.
So well-crafted and demure. Most girls should learn from Her.

4. Rin Thosaka. My favorite best girl from Fate. Amazing in /Zero and superb in /Stay Night. Powerful, witty and graceful. As all women should be.

5. Dænerys "Stormborn" Targaryen. The Mother of Dragons. A beast Herself. Gets stuff done, shows who's the boss and treats Her men and women with dignity, honor and respect. Can't wait to see how she'll be done in the original novel's ending. She's also waifu tho. Many would disagre but she's S-tier waifu material.
Ace-aro King. Bow down and pay your prospects.
Princess Zelda #bestgirl.
Gray Fullbuster #bestboy.
I gravitate towards powerful and graceful women, straight and relatable men and thought-provoking yet fun animanga series as my favorites.

RPGs/LNs/VNs >>>>>>>>> the rest.
Jan 11, 10:46 PM

Feb 2020
Jan 11, 11:13 PM

Sep 2022
Some strong female characters that I like are all of the girls from "Date A Live".
Jan 12, 12:30 AM

Apr 2016
Any female characters from black lagoon, gintama, bleach, and my favorite character celty from durarara. There's so many to mention.
Jan 12, 2:53 AM
Feb 2014
Balsa from Seirei No Moribito. She is the model strong female heroine.
Jan 12, 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
Jessica Edwards from LOGH (OVA). A tragic heroine with not much screentime, but the strong writing on her character was more than enough to make her one of the most memorable characters from the show, and for me, one of my favorite female characters to be found in anime.
Jan 12, 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Azzunifar
Balsa from Seirei No Moribito. She is the model strong female heroine.
@Azzunifar Indeed, great show! Somewhat neglected, too.
Jan 12, 9:30 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to imbricator
Claymore (no female-coded actions or gender roles are present)
Sailor Moon (changed the magical girl franchise from cutesy to warrior)
@imbricator what does that even mean, abt claymore? I loved it but i dont care abt all this coded crap language. im asian so its not much of a thing here. if you explain, maybe ill use that to find more shit like claymore
Jan 12, 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
Sei, kuma, mapuru, erza, Mira, Bakarina, sonsaku hakufu, the other versions of them. slimekiller
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best red haired girl?

Spunkert - Jan 23

42 by Lhundrup »»
1 minute ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

78 by pachapacha »»
5 minutes ago

» Best blue haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 21

62 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Current MAL Top 10 Most Popular Anime

LittleStar - May 4

43 by Marloges »»
19 minutes ago

» How long until we see western adaptations of series that follow the footsteps of anime adapting manga?

_cjessop19_ - 11 hours ago

7 by perseii »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.