Forum Settings
Forums

base on what did u choose your profile picture and your avatar?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 16, 2017 9:14 PM

Oct 2014
On internet forums I'll pick something related to that forum. For MAL, like many/most it was a favorite character. My first thought was Taiga Aisaka but I reasoned she'd also be many other users' avatars so to be more unique I decided to go with my #2 character: Anzu from Girls und Panzer. According to her stats at the time she'd been on only 16 user's favorites list (it's 41 currently -- still a minuscule number) so I figured she deserved the "love" more than Taiga did. After that it was just a matter of finding a suitable picture and I couldn't be more pleased with the one I finally found. I've never changed it; she's sorta my trademark now (I've only seen one other user with an Anzu pic and IIRC he/she was inactive anyway).

For yourself I would think twice about an animated gif. Like many such animations it's really cute the first time you see it but it quickly becomes repetitive and distracting. After all, you want people to read your post rather than getting distracted by the avatar.

As per @BannoBunka_snork you really should watch Hoihoi-san :) It's riotously funny -- especially the combat scenes. It's one of my go-to anime episodes when I'm in the need of a quick laugh.

8oomerJun 16, 2017 9:25 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jun 16, 2017 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
My first forum avatar and profile pic was a super derpy SSS logo I threw together.

After those unfortunate early days of highly questionable taste I swapped to more traditional anime avatars.

My general modus operandi for a long tome after that was pretty simple: stick to avatars matching my gender (male), and use original creations rather than specific anime characters. I used to follow that pretty strictly aside from one-off half-jokes (e.g. during the MyKittyList period I swapped in a kitten wearing clothing for my profile pic), but I'm somewhat more lax about it now.

My current tendencies are also pretty simple.

I still tend to prefer a male character for my forum avatar, usually with a face shot of some sort. I also try to keep them for long periods of time, so I'm kinda picky about them. Including my current avatar and excluding the original derpy one, I only recall having three different avatars over the course of my time on MAL. I like keeping them for a long time so my posts are more easily identifiable.

My profile pics... I guess the best way to describe it is that I tend to like them to be soft, quiet, and dramatic. The specific scene can be anything as long as it fits that description, and my picks for it aren't as gender-specific as my forum avatars. They change somewhat more often too, though even they tend to stick for awhile. Excluding the derpy original I recall five.

I no longer have qualms with using anime-specific characters either even though I have yet to do so. I seriously considered changing my profile pic to one of Cure Moonlight back when I finished Heartcatch Precure!, for example, but couldn't find one quite to my taste.

As for you OP, pick whatever you want I guess. There's no need to overthink it.
TripleSRankJun 16, 2017 9:59 PM
Jun 16, 2017 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
Because my user name is Maou_heika so I thought it would be best to use the maou as my avatar. Also to piss off fujoshits because he's holding Conrad's severed arm and fujoshits hate Conrad

My profile picture is purely to piss off fujoshits. It disgusts me that how they find one guy saving another's life as "disgusting" but one sexually harassing and trying to rape another as romantic. Besides I like both characters and the scene in my profile pic so it's a win-win for me.
Jun 16, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2009
I don't always use my favorite characters.
First, I look for a random image with a cute character in it, edit a bit then use it as my forum set. So there you go. :)

But if you really don't know where to start, then like what others said, favorite character, favorite show... Something like that. :)

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jun 16, 2017 9:56 PM

Apr 2017
I usually choose a theme.
I chose Hotarumaru from Touken Ranbu because he seems cute and he's small but heck yeahholds a very long sword. Hahahaha!

But it depends on you on which do you like. :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
Cave is my avatar because she represents the company CAVE, which is my favorite video game developer. And my profile picture is Hina because she's cute and a character from one of my favorite games.
Jun 17, 2017 12:08 AM

Jan 2016
Frankly, I go with characters that I really like. For example, I've have Enomoto Takane and Nagisa Shiota as my avatar and profile pic. Before that, I've cycled through having Rem, Ritsu, Black Rock Shooter, and Azuma Tokaku as avatars/profile pics before as well. Blue hair also is a nice feature in my opinion ^_^
Jun 17, 2017 12:13 AM

Oct 2015
my fav character on one of my favourite anime

Shouko and Alice is the CUTEST

Click the spinning
ghost for delivery (~‾▽‾)~
Jun 17, 2017 12:59 AM

May 2017
For me, my favorite weird, badass anime character.

Edit: And my profile pic, the assassin holding a ladle from a quest on Ragnarok.
aiji_hotaruJun 17, 2017 1:02 AM

"We're all human. We all make mistakes sometimes.
Just don't make mistakes when lives are at stake."
~ Great-Grandmother Mikage, Gin no Saji

Jun 17, 2017 1:13 AM

May 2015
I love cuteness and this whole aesthetic. It's one of my favorite things in the world, and Yoshino is one of the best representatives of it. Choosing it as an avatar is a good way of communicating that.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 17, 2017 1:17 AM
Jan 2017
It's simple, Teresa of the faint smile is the best ;)
Which there was a short OVA for her :(
Jun 17, 2017 1:28 AM

Jun 2015
Both my profile pic and set is from an artist from pixiv whose art I really liked. My profile banner is different. I usually try to make both consistent with artist or series // character.

I'm always looking at fanarts or original art and whenever I like an artist I use them for both, including my profile if possible. It depends on my mood when I change it tho.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jun 17, 2017 1:36 AM

Jun 2016
Levi is my profile pic for months now and I don't think I'm gonna change it because yeah he's my ultimate husbando. And regarding my forum pic/avatar, it used to be Levi, but I changed it into Taki because she's my spirit animal since we're almost the same and I can see myself in her.

I just based it if that anime character is one of my precious cinnamon rolls, and yeah Levi will be my best boi/ultimate husbando, and Taki is my spirit animal that's why they're my forum pic and profile pic.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 17, 2017 1:39 AM
Oct 2015
i think mine speaks for itself right?
Jun 17, 2017 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
Both my avatar and profile picture are characters that are in my favorites list.
Jun 17, 2017 4:08 AM

Aug 2008
We all know almost everyone here are anime fans but I choose avatar/profile from games to share with others what other hobbies I have beside anime. In the past,I put soccer players profile in it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 17, 2017 4:27 AM

Feb 2015
I usually pick characters I like for a forums set, profile picture. I choose one within them on a whim, there's no particular reason.
Jun 17, 2017 4:38 AM

Oct 2012
My favorite japanese characters and color scheme.
Jun 17, 2017 5:07 AM

May 2010
All of my forum sets have been all about NekoPara for the past year or two. No idea why, I just like Sayori's artstyle.
Jun 17, 2017 5:10 AM

May 2016
My choices were based on absolutely nothing but whim.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 17, 2017 5:16 AM

Aug 2016
I picked something from shows I really like and found pictures that I feel comfortable about representing me.

Often times I've found something which I thought would be a stunning profile pic but didn't feel like it fit me as a person.
Therefore I haven't used those.
*sips tea*
Jun 17, 2017 6:07 AM
May 2017
I had my profile picture image on my phone for a long time but never really knew where it was from exactly, I just knew it had to do with Shin Megami Tensei game series. Then a friend here kindly told me her name, it's Hathor.

The avatar for the forums is from the lovely movie Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken for now. I plan on making a better forum set soon I guess.

^_^
Jun 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2016
Mine is because I find both ascetically pleasing and while I'm not a huge fan of each character for both Shinobu's laugh is adorable and so is Rikka's voice
Jun 17, 2017 8:21 AM
May 2017
Personal Preference

Jun 17, 2017 8:39 AM

May 2016
I chose my Kirby forum pic and my Galactic Nova profile pic cuz Kirby Planet Robobot was released not to long before I made my account
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 17, 2017 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
I usually simply choose illustration I like. I don't need to especially appreciate the character (although appreciating him/her is a plus obviously).
I also tend to be very lazy and never switch avatar and signs even though I crafted plenty that I never used.
Jun 17, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2014
He's a character from one of my favorite Anime, and he has the same name as me.

Jun 17, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2016
Profile pic coz a close friend of mine made it for me based on me favorite anime and the forum set is composed of new pics + an old lyric I like coz it's been a while since I've changed it lol

Jun 17, 2017 10:23 AM

Apr 2017
My based on picking set of avatar and profile pic are way biased.

>Hmm so to tell you about that OP, Any Options can be desire a lot of change and doesn't need to be lookout.
-HippySnob-Jun 17, 2017 10:28 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 17, 2017 11:22 AM

May 2017
Matches my username
I also like Hatsune Miku and shimapan
Jun 17, 2017 11:25 AM

Dec 2016
For the avatar because this is how I worship Alex Jones, for the profile pic because chodaboy is the best sidekick
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Jun 17, 2017 2:02 PM
May 2015
i picked haru cuz i think she is best girl in persona 5
Jun 17, 2017 2:34 PM

Jun 2008
For my profile picture, i just chose a cute picture that i had on my computer (haven't changed it since i joined in 2008) and for my avatar pic i just chose a picture of Sanji that i liked.
Jun 17, 2017 2:37 PM

Dec 2015
I find my profile pic cute, and I loved this part of the song from KagePro. For my avatar pic, I just went with the 2 characters I really ship.
Jun 17, 2017 2:37 PM

Feb 2017
I loved FMAB
I liked Elric
That's about it I guess

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
Jun 17, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2017
Just like everyone else.
It's from my favorite anime/manga/novel.
It's my favorite character/thing.
Jun 17, 2017 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
Persona 5 and one of the playable characters.
Jun 17, 2017 5:24 PM

Feb 2015
I choose whatever looks good for a profile picture and avatar. I change at times when I want something new for a while :P

My current profile pic is from this one while searching some good 70s-80s J-Pop.

Current avatar is Aqua from Konosuba.
Jun 17, 2017 5:32 PM

Apr 2016
I like au no Exorcist, and the face Rin makes in my profile pic is literally the face I make when I watch (good) anime. (^U^)
Jun 18, 2017 12:00 AM

Jul 2016
I just choose my favorite characters. Characters that I like seeing a lot~
Jun 18, 2017 12:13 AM

Jan 2010
dracarysIV said:
i'm asking that cuz i dont hv a clue about what should be my avatar and profile picture.

i don't know based on what should i choose? should i choose some character from anime that i like? should i search for a character that looks like me? and there is a good site for searching good pictures profiles?

i'm thinking of that a lot and it bother me because i'm bother by any little thing, so don' t rape me in the comments plz, i would appreciate that a lot.

hv a good day fellow partners for anime and manga.

Hello!

I choose my profil picture of character that I love.

As for my avatar, I choose picture that I want everyone to see. Not necessarily a pic of fav character.

As of now, my current avatar is a pic that I thought a hilarious moment in a not so well known anime.

I love how it's also portrayed how I feel. It's basically me (Yako) and Boys Love (Neuro)
Jun 18, 2017 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
I like Kyon as character, so why not using him as avatar :D
I use Kikuhiko as my profile picture, because I resemble really close to his character.
Jun 18, 2017 1:27 AM

Jun 2017
tbh i just thought it looked cool lol

my forum pic is sora cuz i like kingdom hearts :p
Jun 18, 2017 1:33 AM
Jan 2015
Profile pic because I like Akko, I like her character design, I like that pose and expression, and I like keyframes. So it was set.

Forum pic because I like Osaka, I like her character design, I like that pose and expression, and it's a good choice for a loop GIF. So it was set.
Jun 18, 2017 1:43 AM
Jul 2016
I can answer that in just 3 words, The Harem King.
Jun 18, 2017 1:51 AM

Jun 2016
i chose my avatar based on one of my favorite anime and found an adorable fanart of the main character
^^
Jun 18, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2016
I change profile pics on a whim :P If there's a character I particularly like at a time, I'll have her/him as my profile pic. Sometimes I like to use my own pic, like now :D There's no rule to it so just do whatever, you can always change it later ;)
Jun 18, 2017 8:48 AM
Dec 2011
Whenever I recall my favorite anime, I alter my top 10 favorite list accordingly and change my profile pic to my favorite anime character of that series, in this case mine is Kagome Higurashi from InuYasha. Lovely anime at that. :)
Jun 18, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
Just choose whatever you feel like using.
I often look for cute anime girls/fan arts etc. then save the ones that I really find appealing and then just change it again once I get tired of it.
Jun 18, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
Most probably based on how strong boner i get.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

56 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

24 by Paul »»
5 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

18 by animegamer245 »»
6 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 17 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.