Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode. If you want to discuss (future) events from the manga, please use the manga board.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.

The thread will be unlocked once the episode has finished airing. It is made in advance due to the overwhelming popularity of the show. This helps prevent spamming and baiting as well as duplicate episode discussion threads.
ArdanazJun 10, 2017 6:26 AM
Jun 10, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty thrilling episode. This felt like a cat and mouse game.

Ofc Krista would be alive. I bet anime only viewers feel trolled
Mikasa had that "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" look this episode and I'm not surprised. Hell, even Ymir and Krista got threatened.

Ymir's uneasy alliance with Reiner brings in a lot of psychology. Pretty good action this episode as well.
Jun 10, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2017
mikasa and armin making creepy faces again as usual xD and jean saved mikasa omg it's hard to believe historia's in top 10 but it's her first kill? lol

and to titan **** it's been too long it's great to see you again lol

still life: pink roses
Jun 10, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2015
This episode was pretty intense the chasing and all oh my god. I really liked the atmosphere and action in this.

Stark700 said:

Ofc Krista would be alive.

I think I'm not used to the name Krista anymore lol sounds weird to me now.

Jun 10, 2017 6:30 AM

Oct 2015
Oh my god what an episode... Mikasa was legit gonna end up killing ymir had Historia not interfered.
Commander Erwin, sir you can have all the respect i have to offer, this guy is not only a genius but also a legitimate badass.
Armin tho 😂😂 the way he smiled when he remembered bert likes Annie xD
And that ending :O that son of a bitch smiling titan is back... Please don't tell me someone else is gonna get killed by him :o
Can't believe theres just one ep left now ;(

~This world is a cruel place~
Jun 10, 2017 6:32 AM
May 2016

Eeeeeeeeereeeeeeeen~

That was a pretty amazing episode, now finally all the annoying folks who keep crying about no action will finally shut up.

God damn though, Bertolt's breakdown... His voice actor delivered that so fucking well I honestly felt a bit teary-eyed listening to it. Fantastic episode, the OST was amazing too. BASED ERWIN!
Jun 10, 2017 6:34 AM

Apr 2017
Ackerman4Life said:
And that ending :O that son of a bitch smiling titan is back... Please don't tell me someone else is gonna get killed by him :o
"him" tho hahahahahaha
BrandonJun 10, 2017 11:46 PM

still life: pink roses
Jun 10, 2017 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
Episode 36 End Card illustrated by Kyoji ASANO

Jun 10, 2017 6:46 AM

Jul 2016
Oh my godddd that was seriously an intense episode. They've adapted the 2 chapters amazingly. Nothing more to say. I can't wait for the finale!!

Jun 10, 2017 6:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Modernoir said:

Eeeeeeeeereeeeeeeen~

That was a pretty amazing episode, now finally all the annoying folks who keep crying about no action will finally shut up.

God damn though, Bertolt's breakdown... His voice actor delivered that so fucking well I honestly felt a bit teary-eyed listening to it. Fantastic episode, the OST was amazing too. BASED ERWIN!
Mikasa is truly the world's greatest stalker lol

Great episode as usual, but the finale is going to be pure fire now that the Smiling Titan is back and because we're going to FINALLY see THAT animated.....This episode is gonna mean a lot more for manga readers given what we know about some things so I can't wait
Jun 10, 2017 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
The episode was intense. Commander Erwin Smith certified badass!
Jun 10, 2017 7:06 AM
May 2015
Thinking of saving this episode with 12.
I wonder how will anime-original modifications to the finale gonna be.
Jun 10, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was intense! and the ending was perfect and creepy at the same time. They adapted 2 chapters as I predicted.
Jun 10, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2012
Epic, can't wait to see the smiling titan get rekt.
Jun 10, 2017 7:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another great episode!!!
Crista is alive and was in the Ymir....
The fights was very appetizing!!! kekeke
Jun 10, 2017 8:03 AM
Aug 2015
Excellent episode! Everybody was so badass!! I loved it!! Mikasa was great, same for Erwin, Jean... The talk with Bertolt was intense (good job for the voice actors), and Armin good job!! Can't wait for the next episode, sad it'll be the last one...
Jun 10, 2017 8:03 AM

Mar 2016
one week left!

erwin was so badass but then again so was everyone!!!
Jun 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Jan 2015
Wrong choice Bertholdt, you shouldn't see Mikasa in the eye while she's activate her "Rage" phase. Even another soldiers keep attacking him by asking about his choice.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 10, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2014
THIS WAS SO EPIC OMG!!!!, i'm so fucking HYPED >.< i don't know what to do now, or can i calm down holy shit!!!! i need more, i need so much more
Jun 10, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
Erwin Smith is the best leader
Jun 10, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
erwin won my favorite charachter space
Jun 10, 2017 8:22 AM

Sep 2008
I can't belive only one episode left... ; _ ;

So many great action and moments!
Mikasa and her scary looks... give me chills.
Armin, great job! This was clever! *.*
Erwin, I was pretty sure he gonna be ok and then... ; _ ;

Really, during this episode...
I was so afraid to watch!
Also... THAT TITAN!
Oh, waiting for final will be painful... ;(
Jun 10, 2017 8:25 AM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
Pretty thrilling episode. This felt like a cat and mouse game.

Ofc Krista would be alive. I bet anime only viewers feel trolled
Mikasa had that "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" look this episode and I'm not surprised. Hell, even Ymir and Krista got threatened.

Ymir's uneasy alliance with Reiner brings in a lot of psychology. Pretty good action this episode as well.
Why would anyone think that Ymir ate Krista? That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
Jun 10, 2017 8:25 AM

Oct 2011
My god what an amazing episode. I waited so long to see Erwin do his hero move after losing an arm. Mikasa staring down Bertholdt was definitely one of the highlights. And they got through like 2 chapters in this one episode 5/5
Jun 10, 2017 8:27 AM
Jun 2016
Man all this dialogue really hits home knowing what's really going on in the minds of Reiner, Bert and Ymir.

Just tragic all around.

Looks like Eren will use his power next episode. Can't wait.

Apr 2013
This Episode was just full of awesomness: Mikasa wanting Bertholdt and Reiner dead, Armin pulling some triggers on Bertholdt mentioning Annie, Erwin beeing a Badass and Reiner throwing titans and than like usual the cliffhanger...
Oh boy Eren probably gets revenge on a certain titan
DelusionalUzumeJun 10, 2017 8:46 AM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?

Dec 2015
This episode was brutal!!!
Now i have mixed feelings about Reiner and Bertholdt.

Btw Erwin is one of my favorite characters since S1, he's so badass. A real leader. Respect.

This episode is 5/5 and the OST always perfect.

The Oscar awards for :
Most bad ass Character - Erwin
Best Death Stare - Mikasa
Showing Their Dark Side - Armin
Feels Bad - Bertholdt
Best ship: Ymir / Historia
Best Surprise Attack Scene - Erwin
No Screen Time - Levi
Saving Mikasa - Jean (lol)
Nostalgia - Smiley mother killer Titan
ParkroverJun 10, 2017 2:17 PM
Jun 10, 2017 8:35 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Ymir said that she stole the power of titans from Reiner and Bertholdt's comrades, this feels odd somehow considering in her backstory we saw her getting injected by the titan drug. The only thing I can think of is that she was referring to the portion where she was being worshiped but she never really stole anything. I suppose there's more to Ymir's backstory than what we saw?

That Mikasa stare down on Bertholdt was insane.

Bertholdt seems to make themselves out as victims with the whole 'someone has to stain their hands with blood'. Just how bad is the corruption inside the church? :O

I did not expect Armin to provoke the duo like that, holy shit.

Overall action was pretty awesome and Reiner's Titan catapult seems OP. XD
The titan from the very first episode makes a return, I was kinda expecting it considering all the dramatization build up they were giving. Eren gonna go full rage mode now. XD

Can't believe we're already at our finale next week, are we gonna end on a cliffhanger or can they wrap this arc up in the next episode?
Jun 10, 2017 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
- Those Ymir and Historia's scenes without music were an interesting choice.
- Bertholdt's speech, man, I didn't even care for him in this part in the manga until the second read, but listening to the VA is something else entirely, very touching. Armin's taunt skill is leveling up :P
- Erwin, DAMN!! Now that was epic! That scene was perfect.

It ended right where I thought it should XD Best cliffhanger for anime-onlys
So... Barricades will appear next week I guess
5/5
Jun 10, 2017 8:41 AM
Apr 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

Ymir said that she stole the power of titans from Reiner and Bertholdt's comrades, this feels odd somehow considering in her backstory we saw her getting injected by the titan drug. The only thing I can think of is that she was referring to the portion where she was being worshiped but she never really stole anything. I suppose there's more to Ymir's backstory than what we saw?

I think she's referring to when she ate their friend Marcel who was a Titan shifter and then was able to become human again and gain the shifter power.
Jun 10, 2017 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
Damn Erwin. He was so badass in this episode.

I stopped breathing when Misaka was caught by a titan. Of course she was scary through the entire episode with those stares of hers. Historia also got her first kill as well

Those guys from the military police that was eaten deserved it.

I sense a death flag with that preview. I don't think think my heart for this. That smiling titan came back . The final will be so painful.

Jun 10, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
Why did people think Historia was eaten?. We've clearly see this happen to how many characters now lol? Im not even a manga reader and i knew she wasn't gonna get eaten. Thats just how the kidnap you.
I don't know why I like anime so much, maybe it's because I want to be animated.
Jun 10, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

She became a mindless titan with the injection, but then she turned into a titan shifter after eating Reiner and Bert's comrade. Of course she didn't know what she was doing, but she still considers she stole that power.

I hope I'm not spoiling anything... If I remember correctly the flashback showed her turning human again after eating the kid who saved Reiner, right?

Edit: Oh, someone has already replied. Sorry, I'm too slow typing on a tablet ^^;
Jun 10, 2017 8:48 AM

Feb 2010
Tad too much still images for my liking, but still prob the best episode of the show so far. 5/5 dedicated my heart.

Also, it's easy see that one of the directors of the episode has mainly worked as cinematographer, they really went for cinematic look here. Ofc can't forget Hirao's storyboards either, he's done great job in all 3 eps he's been involved with in that role.
ArthurJun 10, 2017 10:18 AM
Jun 10, 2017 8:49 AM

Feb 2009
Finally, Armin did shine in this episode.
He cast aside his virtue and made up a lie to save his dearer friend.
Jun 10, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2013
OH MY GAWD!!!! THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ERWIN WAS WILLING TO LOSE AN ARM FOR EREN, MIKASA ABOUT TO KILL HISTORIA FOR EREN, AND THEN THE MOTHEREATING TITAN APPEARS!!!! Eren has to pummel the ever loving hell out of bertholdt and that titan
Jun 10, 2017 8:51 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What an intense episode! Mikasa and Armin making those creepy faces, haha! And wow, Armin! Nice job provoking Bertholt! Thanks to his provocative speech that they managed to rescue Eren.

But **** I never imagined that I'd see that creepy mother-eating smiling Titan again, aaaahhh!!
Jun 10, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2014
Really great episode filled with a lot of action and great moments, like Bertolt's mental breakdown (good job to his VA), Armin lying about Annie to trigger Bertolt, and basically every scene Erwin was in.

The titan that ate Eren's mom is back, and overall, next episode should prove to be quite an epic and crazy conclusion. Can't believe we're already at the point where there's only one episode left.
thebrentinator24Jun 10, 2017 9:08 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 10, 2017 8:54 AM
Aug 2016
Erwin's insane side is showing again.
And oh man, how they ended this! I'm so ready for next week!
Jun 10, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
That was intense! Love it!

Can't wait for the next episode

that would be the last one for this season tho *pouts*

Jun 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
Mikasa is a fucking beast, and Armin -- boy I love his development. He seriously grew a pair. Erwin is absolutely bonkers, what a leader. I'm not prepared for the last episode, nope. Hope someone slaughters that creepy ass titan.

Feeling sorry and mad at Reiner and Bertholdt.
Jun 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode. Erwin is definitely the hero here, he's so badass and brave.
Jun 10, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2015
Even if you have read the manga, this episode was really intense and fucking well done.

Ugh, really sucks that the next episode will be the finale.

Jun 10, 2017 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
Casualdoom12 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

I think she's referring to when she ate their friend Marcel who was a Titan shifter and then was able to become human again and gain the shifter power.

Raichi_ said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode as always.

She became a mindless titan with the injection, but then she turned into a titan shifter after eating Reiner and Bert's comrade. Of course she didn't know what she was doing, but she still considers she stole that power.

I hope I'm not spoiling anything... If I remember correctly the flashback showed her turning human again after eating the kid who saved Reiner, right?

Edit: Oh, someone has already replied. Sorry, I'm too slow typing on a tablet ^^;

I suppose you guys are right, but it seems like an awfully roundabout way to refer to it especially cause she uses the word 'steal' but yeah I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Jun 10, 2017 9:06 AM
Apr 2017
This episode is so insane. Erwin the massive badass in this episode and Mikasa's rage is just indescribably awesome. How the heck are they gonna end this arc in one episode. Or are they gonna be brutal and leave the entire season on another cliffhanger...
Jun 10, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was incredible!

Action-packed, but also some psychology with Historia-Ymir and Berthed-other cadets.
Seriously, Historia is too selfless, she believe everything Ymir says and goes along with it.
Good to see Armin acting so out of character and also the flying Titans (thanks to Reiner)!

I was not expecting that Titan to show up here, that was a real surprise! Can't wait for next week!
Also, from the preview there is a death flag on Hannes, poor guy...

Ah, Erwin most badass character out there!
Jun 10, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2014
AlexTenshi said:
This episode is so insane. Erwin the massive badass in this episode and Mikasa's rage is just indescribably awesome. How the heck are they gonna end this arc in one episode. Or are they gonna be brutal and leave the entire season on another cliffhanger...

Well there's only one chapter of this arc left, so they can end it next week. A part of me for some reason feels like they might make some anime-original changes. It might not happen but you never know.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 10, 2017 9:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, man. That was some hype shit.

Don't fuck with Mikasa, her death stares were unreal O_O

Also don't fuck with Erwin, this fucker is crazy. O_o

Armin caught on to Bertholdt liking Annie and used this to give a chance for mad fucker Erwin to save Eren. Holy fuck.

Oh god, the titan from the first episode D:
Jun 10, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2016
God that was such a phenomenal episode. I particularly liked the scene where Armin went from Genius, to Evil Genius. That was delicious!!
Jun 10, 2017 9:29 AM

Jan 2014
action is so kids are happy :)

5/5

My man Erwin! Eren was worried about Annie :>

only one left :(
Taito10Jun 10, 2017 9:41 AM
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.